Showing 80 reviews of 66

Socio Mobile Event App

Easily build your custom branded mobile event app

Showing 80 reviews of 66
Michele P.
  • Industry: Higher Education

College student leadership conference!

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

Overall, it was good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was there when we had questions. However, I wish the training/onboarding was a little more robust. It was a lot of trail and error on our part trying to figure everything out. The platform was very easy to use for our attendees and overall they really enjoyed using something other than Zoom.

Pros

We used this for a college student leadership conference. The live-stream option with the chat, Q&A and polling was very professional. The integration of the wonder.me rooms for networking was a great tool for breakout (and the ability to have a breakout within a breakout. Having everything in one engaging platform was something that our attendees really enjoyed.

Cons

The integration of the wonder.me rooms was a little tough at the beginning. There were also issues within the conference that people who get dropped from the room and had to get back in. Overall, it ended up fine but just had a few glitches.

Response from Socio

Hey Michele! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Very excited to hear that your attendees enjoyed the platform!

We have passed your feedback to our Customer Team to look at improvements for the onboarding process. You also mentioned some feedback on the Wonder.me rooms. We are excited to share that this spring we will be releasing our own Video Topic Rooms and 1:1 Video Conversations.

Peter P.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Experience with Socio

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

The entire experience, from the initial sales demo to the post-event wrap-up was superb. Again, the support was outstanding, and the personal service made us feel valued as customers.

Pros

We used Socio as the platform for our annual national conference when the pandemic forced us to transform our in-person event into a virtual one. We sought a solution that would work seamlessly with Zoom, allow for replay of our sessions, and drive networking (something very important to our attendee base). Socio met our needs very well. It was intuitive on the admin end to set up and flexible enough to accommodate some of the peculiar needs of our program. The gamification feature proved to be very popular with our attendees, despite our initial hesitation. The best part of working with Socio was their customer support. The support team responded to questions quickly and professionally. It gave us great confidence to know they were available, and they seemed genuinely interested in our success.

Cons

The issues we had with the software have mostly been addressed in recent releases. In the version of the software we used, it was not possible for attendees to network via their desktops or tablets -- they had to use these features on their mobile devices; however, the latest version allows for networking on both types of devices. We were disappointed that it was not possible to embed Zoom livestreams but Socio has now created their own integrated streaming solution that we will solve this for us in the future.

Aaron T.
  • Industry: Music

Amazing Features. Easy Integration. Responsive Staff.

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Pros

Integration of Socio into our organization has been so smooth. From our sales contact, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], to our CSM, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], every person I come into contact with at Socio is so eager to help with our needs and strategize for the best way to incorporate Socio features into our programs.

Cons

Nothing negative to say at this moment! It would be great to see the agenda and speaker pages from the Socio platform be incorporated into the registration page.

Response from Socio

Hi there! Thank you so much for your kind words and special shoutouts to the team. We also appreciate the feedback and have passed it along to our Product Team.

We admire all of the hard work you put into your events and look forward to continuing to work with you.

Briana S.

Conference Planner Approved!

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Their customer service is fabulous, they are really innovative in thinking ahead and really give their best efforts to meet the clients needs. They are a solid tech company to purchase from.

Pros

Socio has so many incredible features. The thing I love most about this software is the integration and communication across subjects. i.e. If you create a conference agenda, you can link a speaker profile to that agenda. Additionally, if the speaker is a sponsor, you can link them to their sponsor profile and in all three places that information is available to list and tag. It is relatively simple to create and navigate and the final product once programmed is really incredible for attendees.

Cons

For the App icons, there were not a huge variety of well-designed options, however you can upload your own designs if preferred. I also which there were a few more integrations with gamification allowing for more templated options.

Awesome app for an audience with high expectations

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Our experience with Socio was amazing. It streamlined the event process and experience for us as well as for our attendees. Our audience is comprised of busy executives and tech professionals who are not always easy to please, but the integrations, ease-of-use, and engagement features were a perfect storm that could not have been a better fit.

Pros

Our entire event process was simplified by using Socio. They were able to integrate with our registration system and it worked flawlessly, transferring our attendees from registration to the app while keeping them segmented as we needed.
The feature set within the app covered all of our needs. We especially liked the digital guide in combination with the preset agendas - they allowed us to set each attendee's itinerary before they even downloaded the app, while still allowing them to view the entire agenda if they chose to do so. The gamification feature was also a huge hit that pleased our top sponsors and our attendees. What more can you ask for?
The ratings, reviews, and surveys in the app provided us with the most comprehensive feedback we have ever received from our event, and on top of that, the feedback was the best yet!

Cons

The process of setting up the Apple Developer account is a bit cumbersome but is seemingly unavoidable in order to have a white label app. Socio has helpful documentation and support for this process but it was still tedious.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A grade above the rest

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

Pretty superb honestly. I wasn't expecting much from an event management software, but was really (i mean really) appreciative of the customer support, the Live stream features, and the ability to customize everything. The feedback from users was really positive.

Pros

First off, the customer support is truly off the charts. Although there is a ~8 hour time difference between Socio and myself, they were super reactive each time I had a small question.

Second, the product works as advertised, and is a great way to avoid zoom fatigue when hosting online events over several days. I particularly appreciated the Streamyard integration, while the gamification process was a massive hit with attendees. RTMP integration was also a great value add.

In ~3 days, the platform was fully populated, customized, and ready for our 500+ person event.

Cons

Setting up the various pieces of content (users, speakers, sessions, etc) requires a bit of focus and some manual work, but overall the end result is worth it.

One element that attendees mentioned was that the video size relative to the whole window was a bit small, if there was a way to reduce the left-hand side menu and/or chat, without going into full-screen mode, that would be great.

Finally, raisin the limit to video sizes would help insulate organizers against internet outages.

Response from Socio

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review!

We are elated to hear that you enjoyed the product and that our support team was able to be such a great help along the way. It is also fantastic to learn that your attendees were so engaged and enjoying their experience! As for your feedback, we genuinely appreciate learning from our customers, so rest assured it has been given to our product team to review.

Carl L.

You should use Socio for your next event!

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Pros

The product is easily understandable. It might be because I am a 22 year old with a lot of experience on computers, although the on-boarding videos explain detailed step-by-step processes. I am a great fan of their customer support team as they are always available to answer my questions.

Cons

I was confused as to why we needed to "Publish" the event before creating the checkout forms and promo codes. It felt like I should have to press publish before being completely ready for registrants to register.

Response from Socio

Hey Carl! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review and for the special shoutouts. The Socio Team loves feedback, so rest assured that we have passed your registration suggestion on to our Product Team. Thank you for choosing Socio.

Becky F.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great for interactive, engaging virtual and hybrid events

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

I am really glad I chose Socio as our virtual events platform this year. I've used it for 3 events, and received positive feedback from attendees each time. It made our virtual events feel like actual experiences, which was exactly what we were trying to do.

Pros

The virtual wall, the ability to make networking connections/send messages, plus the event game allowed us to interact and engage with attendees even though our event was virtual. The ability to brand the app by choosing colors, graphics, etc. made it feel like a "virtual venue" that attendees were joining, rather than just a video stream. Event sponsors really appreciated their sponsor profiles where attendees could read about the sponsor, visit their website, and follow up directly with them. The administrator end of the app was super intuitive - setting everything up was very easy. Anytime I had questions Socio's support team could be reached via chat almost immediately, and they were always able to help me out.

Cons

When I initially used the software for events in October of 2020, I had a few technical issues with people not being able to log in to our app, even though they were all set up correctly. However, they must have fixed this bug because when I used the software for an event in December 2020 I had zero issues with that. (Also the Socio support team fixed the issue for each attendee with login issues in October, it was just cumbersome to deal with on event week.)

Maria C.

Five Star Software and Company

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

We have used this platform to run our conference events, internal team building, and also marketing. We have been extremely pleased with Socio and plan to use the app again at our large conference in 2021.

Pros

I have been using this platform for a few years and had many successful events with it. I have enjoyed watching the new features come online. The team at Socio is top-notch and always willing to assist me in whatever I need. I love that it is reliable, easy to set up and deploy, and affordable.

Cons

I can't really say anything bad about it. The only thing would have been that my registration app was not connected to the Socio app, but they have now released a registration feature so that takes care of duplication.

Joel G.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great UX. Intuitive backend. Responsive customer service.

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Overall, this app gets 10 out of 10 for me. If you're looking for a quick way to get your organization up and running with a beautiful and intuitive app, Socio is for you.

Pros

This app looks great! The users of our events loved it. I don't see us ever going back to the way things were ever again.

Also very notable is the customer service. The chat feature is amazing! I get answers to my questions within minutes. Everyone is very knowledgeable and very professional.

Cons

It's not really a con for me, but some may find 3 layouts limiting. I prefer to keep things simple and don't mind having the app look the same for every event. I believe this creates familiarity and I always ensure that the icons are customized to the theme of our event for a little flair of customization.

Chelsea H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Fun way to host a virtual event

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

Pros

This software allowed us to make our virtual event much more interactive. People didn't feel like they were just attending another webinar. It also helped make the event look much more polished and professional. It was great to have one platform to host the entire event along with all the features.

Cons

It is very expensive. I would love to use it for our event in the future, but I don't think the cost is sustainable with the price point we are trying to offer our attendees since most of them are in college.

Response from Socio

Hello Chelsea! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I have passed along your feedback regarding pricing to our Sales team. We appreciate all the hard work you put into your events and thank you for choosing Socio.

Deepti B.

Socio-Best event management app

Reviewed on 2020/12/06

It's been awesome being associated with them.

Pros

Ease of customizing it per the event requirement. Customer support is excellent.

Cons

Some button customization like showing on the event page on mobile that the event is over even if customers are trying to join.

Lauren N.

Socio Event App

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

The Socio Mobile Event App has been nothing but successful with attendees at conferences. We use this app instead of printed event documentation and find it extremely rewarding. Not only is it user friendly and easy to setup, the staff is beyond helpful and goes out of their way to answer all questions and address any issues immediately.

Pros

From the creation side, this software is easy to work with and make changes to your event app. From the user side it is very user friendly. It allows for great networking opportunities as well.

Cons

I do not have any negative things to say about this software. My experience with it has been nothing but incredible.

Stewart P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

We have been pleased since Day 1!

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Pros

The team at Socio has made the use very simple

Cons

We haven't had any issues, the customer service is probably the best we have experienced.

Leah V.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

User Friendly with Great Customer Service!!

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Pros

Socio is a product that is very user friendly even for someone that has never used this type of software before. Their customer service goes above and beyond. We had to cancel our in person event due to the pandemic and they went out of their way to accommodate that change.

Cons

I don't know of any features that need to be improved as they are always trying to stay ahead.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

It is great. They are really fast with support questions and overall we love using Socio.

Pros

This platform has recently increased its networking capabilities which our attendees love. And everyone finds it user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

It would be nice to offer more build out functionality for the sponsors. Allow them to set 1:1 meetings, allow them to have short video clips right there in their sponsor booth in the app, etc.

Response from Socio

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are elated to hear that your attendees are loving the product! Also, we are very excited to tell you that we are making some major improvements to our Sponsors' feature. We definitely suggest reaching out to your Socio contact to learn more about those details.

Troy S.

Really Glad we got this.

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

I am so glad that I was introduced to Socio and used it for our Symposium. It really helped to elevate our event and those who attended loved it as well.

Pros

This product is as good as they come. I have had a great experience with the software and those who assist with it. Very easy to operate and user friendly.

Cons

Honestly, there is not anything about it that I have not liked.

Sharnettra H.
  • Industry: Semiconductors

The Best Event App!

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

Event management, attendee engagement, registration and communication

Pros

I love how helpful the Socio event tech are. They are awesome a very high-level customer service! Always share tips to make updates easier. The app is user friendly too!

Cons

I like everything to date. The socio teams helps me fix any challenge I have occurred.

Sueanne J.

Love!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

My overall experiece with the app was really great. The team at Socio were very responsive and helpful. The app was so easy to use and create. I love how custom you can make it. With this app we were able to get alot of information out the the attendees without having to kill a forest.

Pros

This software is so user friendly. Socio has made it so easy to create an app for a meeting. I love that they have the chat at the bottom and if you have a question someone is there to help.

Cons

Socio did warn us but the Apple process was a bit long. But that is not something that they could control.

Alice S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

love love love

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

This is a great app. we've just committed to the exclusive app to be fully branded after trying it for a one off event.

Pros

the simplicity. Our business loves the familiarity to other social platforms and therefore the engagement levels were high.

Cons

there were some simple things missing like a link between the app and google calendar to automate scheduled events in your own diary. The great support team have assured me that this is on their road map and they're happy to make bespoke upgrades for enough commitment

Julie H.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Socio's Platform is the Ultimate Engagement Tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

From start to finish, we were well taken care of--from contract phase to event day. Again, we had the Orange Glove service so we had several trainings (staff, speakers, sponsors) and brainstorm sessions to help teach us about ways to maximize features and build an engaging virtual conference agenda. Lots of great trainings and idea shares!

Pros

This platform is so versatile for streaming options--you can use a variety of streaming options or use the one they offer. It also keeps your audience's attention with incredibly engaging features and a great variety of them--from gamification, a social wall, integration with the virtual lounge of your choice (same for a virtual photobooth) to the chat, polling and q&a offerings, attendees are enthralled and truly participate. Additionally, having the mobile app complementing the web app means if an attendee needs to step away from their desk during a virtual event, they never miss a minute of content.

Cons

While the initial buildout felt daunting (we bought the Orange Glove service so did not have to do this ourselves)--once the hand off from the Socio team to our team was done and we were trained, it was fairly easy and intuitive. Now that we've done it once, we'd likely be able to do our own event builds in the future if we have the time/bandwidth--but truly, it's a fantastic option to be able to have the Socio team perform the buildouts.

Response from Socio

Hey Julie! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience from beginning to end. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

Thomas S.

Great event app

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Pros

Socio was very easy to use and to set up.
The Customer service is probably one of their biggest strengths , super helpful and reactive.
There is a wide range of options available to create an event app / web platform

Cons

We would have loved to be able to customize a few more details.
The metrics you receive after the event are quite basic, but they are currently improving this point.

Samuel F.

First Time Socio User

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

All in all, socio was a great platform to use for our largest ever educational program in our organization's history! The customer support staff was great and responsive and all users enjoyed the platform. Looking forward to using it again!

Pros

Socio is a very user-friendly program on both the front end and back end for both users and administrators. It was very easy to add our organization's branding to everything on the platform. The live streaming service was easy to navigate and manage. They have a wide range of accessibility features to make the platform accessible to a wide variety of users.

Cons

I think going into our sales pitch we were under an impression that the breakout rooms feature would be an already integrated program incorporated into socio. However, we were redirected to a third party wonder.me to satisfy that need. Wonder.me is a fairly new program that has incredible potential but there is still a lot to be desired and took some time getting used to. Another piece that I wish would have been included is an included push notification or email function to send users emails who had not registered their account yet. Socio does have a registration platform however if you do your registration through your own CRM database or a third party you have to export a list and email them personally rather than having it baked all in one.

Response from Socio

Hi Samuel! It's wonderful to hear that you and your users enjoyed the platform. We thrive off of feedback as well, so rest assured that yours has been given to the Product Team. We appreciate your hard work and look forward to continuing to work with you!

Cullen R.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

We have been incredibly pleased. The product is solid and performs incredibly well. But the product is only as good as the support and the support team beats anything I've experienced. They are timely, witty, knowledgable, and engaging. It is never transactional. They even follow up on things I've commented about doing. They are quick to offer solutions for creative solutions to ideas we have to leverage the app. All around impeccable online/virtually instant service.

Pros

We use the Socio product for our church members. It is an incredibly simple, convenient, and secure way to share information and keep everyone updated on events/activities. It is a very easy to use app for the user. The administrative process is also incredibly intuitive. It has worked flawlessly for our needs. And the instantly available support team is better than any on-line support I have ever received. This is a hallmark of distinction and sets them head and shoulders above other SaaS products I have used.

Cons

The only drawback we've had is the need to refresh the app. Users who are not as tech savvy may not recognize the need to update (a circle arrow icon in the top right of the app) the content from time to time. It is a very minor issue we've been able to educate around. On a scale of minor to major scale, this is an incredibly minor issue for us.