Selly Automotive Reviews

4.3/5 (13 reviews)
Anna M.

They're amazing

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

I really really like Selly, it's a great starter CRM, and I'm positive they'll get better as they grow. There's a couple hitches here and there but support helps you through everything. I've yet to find anyone who offers all the products that Selly does for as an affordable price.

ex. On the higher end, Dealer Socket was a bit better as a CRM in a few aspects. Still, Selly proved to be as good in many cases (and in a few I liked Selly better), while Dealer Socket had a price tag at least 3 times as expensive; given you get the cheaper package.

On the lower end of the CRM spectrum, Dealer Car Search was cheaper but WOW their CRM is terrible, absolutely terrible.. I'm not here to review Dealer Car Search, but they offered less than what Selly does, which would be fine honestly, if what they offer actually worked.. but I couldn't send an email!! How can you not send an email through a CRM that you are paying to be able to send emails! And support knew ABSOLUTELY zero, I kept getting bounced around to different departments and they kept trying to blame other services, wow, I'm sorry, I'm not here to talk about Dealer Car Search, but I guess I bring all this up to say that you get what you pay for except in the case of Selly

Selly has a couple bugs they need to work out (the slowness is HUGE) but all in all, I'm going to repeat what I said earlier because I think that's the best description; I have yet to find a CRM that is as good as Selly for as low a price.

Pros

I'm going to just list some reasons off:
- Their app is amazing
- They offer call recording and texting (both calling and texting are through a forwarding number, ie. The number the customer is contacting is contacting is dialed 123-456-7890 but the call gets forwarded to either the customers assigned sales rep or to the dealership; whatever you have set up)
- The texting is compliant
- They can set up automated emails, and have templates for those emails
- The CRM is smart enough to recognize when a customer inquires multiple times (whether the customer inquires about multiple cars, through multiple lead sources, or a mixture of both) and accumulates all of the inquiries under the same customer
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS AMAZING, they're extremely helpful and the CRM itself is always improving. On multiple occasions, I'll bring up an issue that I'm dealing with to support and they'll roll around with their next update that fixes the issue. Unbelievably helpful, I can't recommend them enough

Those are the things that stand out the most to me, I would definitely recommend them, absolutely.

Cons

- The slowness and the crashing!! This is huge! Definitely has gotten in the way multiple times. If this was fixed I don't think I'd ever need to look into another CRM, but we've run into a couple of obstacles because of the slowness of the app as well as the desktop that definitely hurt efficiency, and also makes it harder and therefore less likely for my salespeople to use the CRM

- The app doesn't have as much functionality as the website

- Also email templates could use some work

Response from A1 Software Group

Hi Anna, someone from our team will reach out to you soon.

Kenya D.

Absolutely Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Selly has been very effective in maintaining good customer communication to allow us to stay in touch and sell more cars. We've been using the Selly App for almost 2 years and we are so pleased that we acquired this product. If you are a small independent dealer you may find this product very reliable. Give it a try!!

Pros

+ Ability to keep a record for each client
+Use of texting feature to make communication with client more efficient
+Client has the option of opting out which saves valuable time
+Selly syncs our complete inventory with our mobile device app which makes it easy to see how many prospects are looking at the same vehicle.
+Nice alert feature that tells the salesmen when there is a lead in their CRM
+Ability to send and receive emails from clients
+Customer service has been very helpful and fast when dealing with any issue that arises.

Cons

The only thing I would say is that the I wish I could use my email template from my mobile device when trying to send an email to my clients. *They are working on implementing that idea.

Andy S.

Probably the worst CRM when it comes to Marketing and Sales Automation.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

I was forced to like this CRM due to the lack of a better option, however over months of trying to make things work smoothly and on auto pilot, I have completely gave up on this CRM. On the surface, everything looks fine. Sales Manager can even monitor activities, however, everything needs to be done manually. It is a great platform for those who enjoy manual labour a lot and there is nothing wrong with that.

Cons

Selly Automotive is probably the worst choice for a car dealer due to it's lack of Lead Automation capabilities. ADF/XML feed that this CRM is relying on requires a 3rd party integration. In this day and age when 90% of car dealers using Facebook advertising in their customer acquisition strategy, no way this CRM is useful, because every Lead has to be entered manually and processed by the sales team manually, without ANY automation whatsoever.

Selly CRM is good for Sales Teams used to manual labour and lots of hard work, trying to locate when and where the lead has come from.

Technical support is pretty much absent and non-responsive. Toll free number is not working.

For the amount of money this CRM is asking to pay small car dealers, a lot more can be done to simplify Lead Generation process.

Keith M.

Professionalism at its finest!

Reviewed on 2016/08/16

Jackson and the Support team, Thank you! Quick response time with any issue, minor bugs, that came up. I'm on EST in the lovely state of WV and Jackson made himself available to me at my time, my shift, between customers... That is important. I was even able to text him if I didn't have time to talk. Minor bugs were addressed faster then I had anticipated. I can't say enough. Thank you again to everyone involved. The ease of being able to add customers, deals, inventory, and to know any concern I have will be addressed quickly and professionally is incredibly satisfyingly.

Pros

I can perform any part of the Sales Process from the palm of my hand. Adding a customers, inventory, and deals simply with the use of the built-in driver's license and vin scanner. This app is a must have for anyone in Automotive Sales, and Management. Customer service is top notch, quick response time with any questions or concern. Thank you Selly Team!

Response from Selly Automotive

Thanks for your positive feedback Keith, we appreciate your business.

Dillon S.

Great and Affordable CRM

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

I came from a franchise dealer that used a very expensive CRM to a independent dealer with no follow up processes. I knew that we could generate more business and close more sales with a CRM but did not have the budget that a large franchise dealer has. After doing alot of research and sitting through many CRM demo's we chose Selly. It has alot of great features, is easy to use and is affordable. I found it has up-to-date technology that makes it easy to use for our sales people. I don't have to pay for a cumbersome features. With Selly I pay for a simple, but effective CRM.

Pros

The CRM is easy to use and has made following up with customers effective. Customer support is very helpful and available to assist and answer any questions. It is a simple CRM and not cluttered with unnecessary info or gadgets.

Cons

As a manager I would like data on sales people activities more accessible in order to hold them accountable through out the day.

Annastacia H.

Automax Tampa Bay

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

We use this software for notes calling texting and general knowlage it keep our entire team up to date and sucessful in getting our customers taken care of with the most importance.

Pros

Very easy to keep up with Sales reps and Customer relationships, We work as a team aned with being able to keep notes if one of us are not in the shop we are still able to set our customers up for success and help them get into a car.

Cons

I have no issues with this software it is extreamly helpful

Allan O.

Awesome CRM, backed by a great sales and support staff

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

Selly Automotive tech support is excellent, and I mean EXCELLENT. Calls are answered immediately and the few issues we've had (mostly user error) have been resolved very quickly. The software itself is very intuitive and integrates very nicely with our DMS and our lead sources. It has been instrumental in tracking our leads and driving sales since we started using it.

Mike M.

Great Product backed by a Great Team

Reviewed on 2016/06/10

From our first call to the guys over at Selly to the bi weekly follow up to make sure we understand and are satisfied with the system, the guys at Selly have really given us a good impression. True Professionals that wont bullshit you or try to sell you. Genuine people that believe in their product.

Pros

The ease of use is my favorite. It is extremely easy to access the system, input and retrieve data from the app as well as the website!

Cons

I wish I could integrate the contact directly into my IOS device. This way, I would be able to see whos calling me without actually having that contact saved in my phone.

Response from Selly Automotive

Thanks we appreciate your business Mike!

Derek S.

Good CRM

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Easy to use, keeps customer and inventory information, is on your phone so you always have it, it's free!

Pros

I use the free version of the CRM and it works good. You can add customers and inventory and notes. Easy to use.

Eric W.

Good affordable first CRM

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Pros

Email and call task automation that is easy to set up, very affordable. Can track users performance easily.

Keith C.

CRM switch

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

My overall experience with Selly has been very positive. As with any change, there have been a couple of issues but they were taken care of quickly and efficiently by their great support and sales staff.

Pros

The things I like most about Selly are that it is simple to use and there is a very solid platform for setting up follow up.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Selly, I am looking forward to more features!

Johnny N.

Selly Experience

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Excellent support and easy to use platform. AAAA+++++

Pros

Support and easy to use platform . Very good for low budget dealership

Cons

nothing so far. Very inexpensive and it does as much or more as other well known CRM in the automotive market

Response from A1 Software Group

Thank you so much for the kind words, we appreciate your business Johnny!

Liz D.

Decent, but could use features upgrades.

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Overall a good solution for small to midsize operations- effort intensive but useful as a stopgap to keep follow up and leads management taken care of.

Pros

Ease of onboarding and use, good customer support, good for basic CRM function. DL scanner in the app pushing to DMS is useful.

Cons

Not a ton of video and messaging bells and whistles. Contact integration is laggy on the app side and loads slowly even on flagship phones.

6.0/10