Subsplash

Member engagement platform for churches

4,6
4,5
Jeremy G.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Great value and simple to use

Reviewed on 2019/11/17

Overall though I would recommend Subsplash. What you receive for the cost makes the purchase worth it. It is simple to navigate and well designed. Subsplash giving also makes it simple for people to give one time or set up recurring giving.

Pros

Subsplash is an easy to use app company that specializes in churches. Subspash provides the framework so all you need to do is add the content and pictures. If you do not have the staff or ability to build your own app, this is a worthwhile solution.

The greatest aspect of this app is how easy it is to access sermons. It allows you to watch the sermon on video, listen to the audio (even with a black screen while you exercise) and even download notes or a take home page all within the same location.

Cons

The one aspect of the app that is least desirable is the calendar feature. It only provides a daily calendar and does not give you the option to view weekly or monthly. Obviously, it makes scrolling down a month or two in advance difficult.

We also have a glitch in our app that has not been able to be fixed by Subsplash. When you open up our calendar in the app, it shows an old date as the first event. After multiple contacts with Subsplash they were not able to figure out why the date won't erase which is disappointing.

Response from Subsplash

Hello, Jeremy. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you. We appreciate this opportunity to grow!

Larry S.

Subsplash-Overall Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

The package has increased our online giving. The app is easy to use, the user can schedule an automatic transfer on a weekly, monthly or whatever basis. It's also been mostly "error free." I've had very, very few issues administrating this program.

Pros

It's pretty user friendly all in all. I had very little formal training on the administration of this software package, but could maneuver and find most everything I've needed. The associated app is equally user friendly. Overall, the software works and works well.

Cons

This may be an across the board issue with online giving software packages, but...there is a "lag" between the time a person makes a contribution and the time it shows up in our bank. They send one weekly batch transfer (Wednesdays). This batch will not include EVERY contribution made the prior week. In fact, it doesn't even have all the contributions made up to 2+ weeks prior. So, again, there is a lag issue. A giver may make a contribution on the 1st day of a month, but it won't get transmitted to our bank until 2 weeks later.

I know this is due to how online banking functions work though I don't understand the details. All I know is I would rather get ALL of our contributions in a more timely fashion.

Response from Subsplash

Hello, Larry. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you. We appreciate this opportunity to grow!

Brent P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Subsplash makes mobile apps easy!

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

We've used Subsplash for our church's app for years now. Here's the deal, while other custom app builders may be appealing to not lock you into a box on design, no one will give you the support staff or custom attention like these guys. They DO offer many templates and such for mobile apps, so the box is large, but it is still a template based system (box). But if you don't want to custom code your own app, you are going to land in a box somewhere. This is the best I've seen yet. On top of that, they have giving platforms, podcast platforms, etc... and if you need something they don't have, just ask! They are open to feedback and have (numerous times) created solutions that didn't exist before because we asked for them. Great people. Great products.

Cons

If I have to find a negative here, I'd say... the mobile app templates are totally usable and such, but aren't the prettiest or most custom in the world. Admittedly this is probably on us for not spending more time on ours. :-P I've seen some great apps on the platform and a large portion of ours not being stellar is on us.

Response from Subsplash

Brent, thank you so much for the kind words! It's our pleasure serving you and your team.

Karen S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Custom app quality without the hassles

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

We decided 3 years ago to create an app for our church to enhance the weekend service experience, and to expand our outreach to the global audience of app users. Subsplash enabled us to do both — at a very reasonable price. We had an ambitious vision for the functionality that would be included, so we originally considered using a custom app developer. But ultimately we landed on Subsplash because of the great work they had done for other large church clients. I am SO glad we did. Our experience has been excellent. If you are a church, I recommend their app product without reservation.

Pros

Subsplash gives us a top quality app product at a price point that is doable for churches. They do all the work behind the scenes to continually improve the user experience and submit updates to all the major app platforms. They are constantly rolling out new features. Our congregation especially loves the Fill-In Notes feature. It has enabled us to provide the message outline each week, with space to type in your own notes.

The online dashboard is easy to use; we are able to have a volunteer make all the weekly updates to the message library and outlines.

Cons

Working within a template structure, by definition, limits the functionality and layout options available. While we are unable to incorporate all the bells and whistles we'd like, Subsplash has been responsive to our requests and factored them into some of their updates.

Response from Subsplash

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Karen! We are so glad to hear that you and Elmbrook Church are delighted by the Subsplash Platform.

Heather C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Review of Subsplash/The Church App

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Overall we have been very pleased with our ongoing relationship with Subsplash. When I first began working with Subsplash, years ago, they were a fairly small company; I felt very important and really cared for as we set up our app. Over the past 12-18 months, I've really noticed a change in that type of care. I'm not naive to think that as they've grown they would be able to maintain the same level of guidance. However, I miss it and sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed and/or lost...like I'm not able to keep up or take advantage of updates in technology, maximizing user experience, etc.

Pros

What I like most about Subsplash is that it allows us to regularly engage both those who attend our church and those who have never set foot on our campus.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I can't delete images that I upload. I know that may seem a little odd, but I wish there was a way to archive/organize uploaded images.

Response from Subsplash

Hello, Heather. We're thankful for your kind words and thoughtful feedback. We're committed to serving you and the team at Believers Church.

Daniel R.

Subsplash Thoughts

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Subsplash has been excellent to deal with. Their customer support is good. I don't always like having to schedule an appointment to call for support, but, that's the world we live in. Subspaslh has been able to roll with changes put on them by Apple, etc. and has been able to convey those changes to the client well.

Pros

Excellent design and functionality. Easy for the user to navigate. Easy for the client to customize (within various templates).

Cons

It is rather expensive, but you get value from the app, in terms of users and usage. The dashboard can occasionally stop saving, but a refresh will clear that up.

Response from Subsplash

Daniel, we are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you and the Christian Church of Jasper. Thanks for the thoughtful review!

Michael M.

Easy and innovative

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Subsplash is continuing to grow their product lines and features and we continue to buy into the new things they are doing. We love their app, its easy to use and learn, highly functional and on the frontlines of creativity. We have loved the app so much, we are moving our Church to their website software from Wordpress, because it to is easy to use and highly functional. Its easy to make the transition especially because their support staff and availability is stellar!

Pros

Easy to learn/use
Great tech support
Innovative, leading the way creatively
Highly functional and adaptive
Built with Church life in mind

Cons

Events/Calendaring need recurring events

Response from Subsplash

Hello, Michael. We are thankful for your kind words and thoughtful feedback. We are honored to partner with you!

Matt R.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Subsplash is my app crush

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

They are a wonderful company and their employees are incredibly helpful and eager to make our app/website the best it can be! We love subsplash and recommend them to everyone!

Pros

Subsplash is so user friendly for everyone on our team. From the app to the website they have built us a beautiful online presence.

Cons

Some of the connectivity to other companies we use can be frustrating.

Response from Subsplash

We are so happy that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Rabbi Matt! We are honored to partner with you and the Restoration team!

Erik P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

why not just use a responsive website?

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

The dashboard interface is user friendly and relatively easy to navigate. You can enter a calendar feed so you don't have to update another calendar separately. They are adding some new location based notification features that sound kinda fun, but haven't looked into what they cost.

Cons

I generally only download apps if they have a feature that I can't get through the website. I have apps for messaging, taking pictures, and locating family. I have an app for my credit union so I can deposit checks. But, I don't quite get this one. We put the same content on it that we also want to put on the website, and I've found our regular website generally loads faster than the app, at least on my phone. Apparently, people are using it (wish there were more stats available about usage), but honestly I only open it to check and make sure it looks right.

Response from Subsplash

Thank you for your feedback, Erik! We are committed to better serving you and the Kingdom.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Lann C.
Industry: Religious Institutions

A great mobile app platform

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

The Subsplash mobile app platform makes it simple to quickly change the content and layout of the app. Most changes are done in realtime! I love the different layout options.

Cons

Most of the changes to our app happen on Sunday mornings. Some automation/scheduling or API features could be implemented to add and remove content as required.

Response from Subsplash

Thank you for the thoughtful review, Lann. We are thankful for this feedback and are committed to serving you.

Derek M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Great value for the cost

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

It has helped our church engage our membership. One of the best features is the notifications. We were using a texting service but the issue with that is wehad to have every members cell phone number and carrier name.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and I also like that they continue to add features to make it better.

Cons

I wished we could import text documents into the sermon notes. I understand why it works like it does but it would be nice to be able to import PDFs.

Response from Subsplash

Thanks so much for the kind words, Derek! It is an honor to serve you and so great to hear how the Subsplash Platform helps The Heights Church's ministry and outreach.

Alexander L.

Great Church Media Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Subsplash has helped Zootown Church have an app to be proud of.

Pros

I've never made an app, but Subsplash has been so nice to work with. The quality of everything (interfaces, options, encoding) is top-notch.

Cons

Sometimes navigating menus and figuring out which link/list i'm using can be difficult. The fill-in notes is a nice feature, but I wish there was a way to track who uses that particular bit.

Response from Subsplash

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Alexander!

Kelly M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy to use - helpful for our church!

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

We have loved working with Subsplash. When we have had questions, they are easy to access and everything has been really intuitive.

Pros

It has been easy to update and a great way to keep our church and staff up to date on what is going on, how to get involved, and where to watch messages.

Cons

We honestly love the software and have not had any problems.

Response from Subsplash

Kelly, we are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform. We are honored to partner with you and the Mission Hills Church team!

Frank F.
Company size: Self Employed

Best App Company We Have Worked With

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

I have nothing but good things to say about sub splash. Their customer service is amazing and they are never too busy to work with you. All in all, they are the best technology company we have ever worked with in my 20+ years in ministry.

Pros

The platform is easy to use and integrates well with our website. It is intuitive and the features are among the most robust of any platform on the market.

Cons

The only thing you have to get past is that it is a little more expensive than other app companies, but the quality makes up for it.

Zack S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Best App Company For Churches!

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Overall, Subsplash is by far the best and most professional app company I've ever worked with.

Pros

Subsplash's user interface is fantastic and made building and designing our app a breeze!

Cons

There are a few things that require some creativity and workarounds, such as the limitation of not being able to have recurring events.

Response from Subsplash

Zack, we are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform; we are honored to partner with you!

Nathan H.

Great App platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Great adaptability for our church app. It does all that we need it to do.

Cons

Takes some trial and error to determine what functions will work best for you.

Response from Subsplash

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Nathan! Thanks for the thoughtful review.

Derrick B.
Industry: Media Production

Subsplash review

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Great customer support and follow through.

Pros

The thought that was put into the end product.

Cons

Inability to change some of the preset options.

Response from Subsplash

Thanks, Derrick! We value partnering with you and Innovation Church as you engage your community.

Phyllis K.

False Information

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/16

We were given false information up front and it has been difficult getting our contract cancelled and we are still trying to get a refund of the money we put down. It's been over a month since we started this cancellation process. They want your money fast, but if they have to give it back, that is much slower.

Pros

The pushpay notifications. It took me almost 6 weeks to get access to the Giving Dashboard.

Cons

We were told up front we could use the Giving Dashboard for conference registrations. That is FALSE! Once we signed the contract and paid, we were told we could not use the Giving Dashboard for our Conference registrations. We went through the process of cancelling our contract. We were finally notified on Nov 2nd that our contract had been cancelled. On Nov 7th I sent an email asking when we would get a refund. No Response! As of Nov 16th, we still have not been refunded the money we put down, and our Association can not move forward until that money is refunded. I can not get a response at this point. BEWARE!

Response from Subsplash

Hello, Phyllis! Thanks for your feedback. We are glad that we were able to connect with you on November 16, 2018 to discuss your situation and issue a refund, as requested.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Fantastic App Solution

Reviewed on 2019/11/30

Pros

Subsplash has a great platform for app building. I was able to navigate most of the platform without much help from their help guide. Their guide for the developer accounts was very helpful. I was able to build our app in a short amount of time.

Cons

I do not have any cons. All aspects of the process were great!

Response from Subsplash

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform; we are honored to partner with you!

Industry: Religious Institutions

Subsplash has awesome support!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Pros

Easy-to-use and very user friendly interface

Cons

Some of the layout was a little hard to get used to.

Response from Subsplash

Thanks for the kind review!

Ross M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Subsplash's "The Church App" is good for video, but I'm migrating to Facebook's live stream

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

This has been a good resource for watching videos of my church sermons. It is simple and easy to use.

Cons

I'm finding myself using Facebook for live video streams. I wish there was more to the app to connect me to my church and other believers. Seems like there's missed opportunity for way more features other than video.

Response from Subsplash

Hello, Ross. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you and the church. We appreciate this opportunity to grow!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Tyler C.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

With a bit a creativity and some graphic knowledge, you can make an amazing app using Subsplash! the creative control I have over our app is great, and our possibilities are endless.

Cons

The only really "Con" I can think of is that there isn't just a simple way to add text to an app. Everything is graphic based so to work around this is to make a graphic of just text and insert it that way. That's really not a big deal, but would be a nice feature.

Response from Subsplash

Thanks so much for the kind words, Tyler! It is an honor to serve you and ONEeighty Church!

Anthony S.

A Happy Subsplash user

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Though the subsplash church app we are able to streamline our verbal communication and not make a bunch of announcements we can simply say down load the church app. We have realized increased giving as well

Pros

The giving module is amazing and has revolutionized the way we receive offerings. Not only is the method amazing it has also increased overall giving with in our congregation. Also the app does a great job of packaging and communicating information. Our people are hungry for our content and the subsplash app has been a great conduit for that content

Cons

The thing that we like least about subsplash is the back end of the app. It could be more user friendly and organized better

Response from Subsplash

Thanks for the review. It's an honor to serve you and the church, Anthony!

Industry: Religious Institutions

Clean app without hiring a developer

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

I really like that with Subsplash I can make the app truly my own by designing all of my images to stay within my brand. The interface is clean and once a user is past the initial learning stages, weekly updates and repeat tasks become a breeze. Customer service is quick to respond and help as they can.

Cons

I signed up with Subsplash a couple years ago, and since then they have added new features. unfortunately, I am unable to take advantage of these features as the pricing structure has changed and I can't justify paying the higher prices. When I initially signed up I thought the price was a little high, but felt that an app was needed and knew that paying a developer is very expensive. But I had hoped some of the features they said were upcoming would still be included in my top-tier package. Now my package is not top tier, and I can't spend the money for other features. I still like my app and plan to stick with Subsplash!

Response from Subsplash

We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the our dashboard interface and customer service. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you.

Vicki R.

Experience on Two Ends

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Pros

I have two involvements with the software: (1) I upload our church's Sunday sermons to the App, and (2) I use the App as a church member.

Regarding the first - I like that the process has been hassle-free and that it has resulted in creating a wonderful on-line sermon library. As an App user, it puts a world of resources at my fingertips without having to log onto our website.

Cons

There probably should be a least, but there isn't.

Response from Subsplash

Thanks, Vicki! We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform. It is and honor to partner with you and the team at Fairview Road Church of Christ