Indicative Reviews

Indicative

Behavioral analytics platform for marketers and analysts

4.6/5 (23 reviews)
Hilary Y.

This has been a great tool for me to track different campaigns, email records, etc. Multi-functional

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Easy to store common events, segments, etc. that I track and refer to them regularly for clients.

Pros

The interface is really beautiful and it is extremely versatile to use. While I am not as well-rounded on the platform as I'd like to be yet (I'm working on it) I have done a walk through with some Indicative team members and the features are really useful. This has become a great tool that I use to communicate with our clients re: the success of our work with them and to further understand consumer patterns and other things.

Cons

As a *relatively* new user, I'm not always sure how things function. I understand that our "events" were built by our product/engineering team so sometimes I'm not entirely sure what type of data I'm pulling from those. I do think it would be nice if there were a little more guidance when I'm looking for particular information, for example, if I'm using the segmentation tool, I'm not always sure if I should be using where/by or each... etc. etc. It makes sense when I ask other coworkers but it would be nice if I could hover over those options and get a little explanation, use case, or something similar. Just a bit of a learning curve.

David T.

Powerful behavioral analytics in a simple to use product

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Indicative has made it easy for our team to track customer usage of our product and our essential growth KPIs. On the few occasions I've needed to contact support they've always answered my questions quickly.

Pros

- The drag and drop reporting interface makes it very easy for anyone in the team to build complex queries for analysis.
- The dashboards provide a very quick way to keep track of growth KPIs.
- You can setup multidimensional funnels to analyse your customer journey.
- The price: they now offer 1 billion events free per month, which is effectively an unlimited usage rate for the majority of companies.

Cons

In the past I ran into a couple of occasions where the tool slowed down somewhat while I was building complex queries, although this hasn't happened recently.

Indicative is a fantastic resource to help us visualize our data and tell great stories.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/05

We can easily visualize our data.

Pros

I love how accessible the Indicative staff is. They're a small-stage business so they're incredibly receptive to feedback and often implement the changes we request. The level of customer service Indicative provides is unmatched.

Cons

The tools can be a bit limiting at times. For instance, when you update a particular section of the segment, you have to redo your calculations. It would be amazing if that information updated automatically. The output of the data could also be more flexible in terms of how the information is arranged.

Johan G.

One of the only softwares who can provide a clear customer journey visualization

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/08

The customer service team was very helpful and quick to reply. Even if used only in it's beta period, the quick results we got from it were very satisfactory.

Pros

Indicative is one of the only softwares you will find so far that can display how users interact with your website and doesn't need a complex integration or a very expensive subscription. It's a very straight to the point tool.

Cons

It's still not 100% out of beta. But so far, it is exactly what they advertise.

Yisheng T.

Good service

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

1. good interface
2. real time data
3. very helpful customer service

Cons

1. too many choices some times.
2. the session UI can be improved.

Great Multi-Platform Review

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/30

The indicative team were a great addition to our business. They were always willing to help and worked hard to solve any data problem we were facing.

Pros

Its a relatively easy to use UI that overlaid over all of our data. Indicative provided us the tools to combine customer attributes with customer behavior. This drove significant insight for our teams.

Cons

While querying to build reports was a very useful tool it did require a lot of practice.

Great tool!

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

Easy to implement and offers a great deal of functionality and options. I like the live feed for debugging production issues quickly.

Cons

I found the navigation overall to be a bit confusing and not intuitive. I also wished that it included map-based filtering and organization. My superiors still ask for the map views they are familiar with from GA.

Abby P.

Good alternative to SQL Workbench

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Pros

I like the UI and I think it's just a friendlier alternative to SQL Workbench. I also think that the schema exploration, graphing functionality, and sharing ability are really cool.

Cons

I think that the auto-suggest isn't very good. I'd also love to see more functionality to help us organize queries.

Krystal F.

Intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Pros

It’s very simple to learn, you don’t need a specialisation or long intro. Most of the features are self-explanatory drag and drop.

Cons

The cohort analysis isn’t as powerful as I’d like. Sometimes there’s ‘magic’ happening behind the scenes and I question whether I can trust the data.

A useful product that is easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/01/05

Pros

The flexibility in being able to create my own charts and being able to track the funnel of our overall site.

Cons

The numbers aren't in real-time so when I use it to track revenue, it's always off by ~10K. Indicative isn't used by a lot of other companies so also requires a lot of training.

Jonathan S.

Get more from your data

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

I like that it's intentionally designed around funnels. Google Analytics' funnel capability is an afterthought and not very usable. Indicative allows you to create funnels on the fly, without sampled data. I believe this allows people to derive more insightful conclusions.

Cons

There's a slight learning curve on how to use it. Because it loads all of the data, there can be some slight delays (though I think you can solve for this by implementing sampling if so desired). You have to implement your own structured events which can be tedious, but it'll save you time in the end.

Rajiv K.

Coolest Tool I ever used

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Pros

Excellent Tool .. does the job and works for our product.

Cons

Hard to think about it but nothing that we have seen yet. Maybe add quick shortcuts for different features so can easily access them with one click.

Great product!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Pros

I found most of the features very intuitive to use.

Cons

As usage increases with the product, I find that various users tend to send in events of the same type having different names. It would be great if there was a way to standardize event naming and if the app was smart enough to detect duplicate events and inform the user.

Italo C.

Spotting weak points

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Indicative has allow us to spot parts in our client journey that take too long to complete or where is our most significant drop off. Although is a great tool for analyzing online service data, it requires to spent quite some time to learn how to make the most of it.

Pros

It allow us to take advantage of our site's traffic information and spot steps in our client's journey that could be improved.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as one could wish. Some training hours are needed for our new employees to catch up with their tools.

Gloria C.

Intuitive Business Intelligence Tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

Of the many BI tools I've used, Indicative ranks near the top for ease of use. The drag and drop makes the logic easier to understand. I also like the visualization tools and ability to add "milestones" to track why certain behaviors may have occurred at a specific time, etc.

Cons

Some queries, probably the ones that have a lot of formulas, take a while to complete.

Excellent for showing value to partners

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Via Indicative, we can easily get graphs from data without deep coding knowledge, any analyst can do it.

Pros

It's easy to program to get the graphs required. It's really helpful and visually easy to understand as we managed different partners data and we sent them these graphs.

Cons

It takes some time to upload/ calculate the existing dashboards.

Alex P.

Really Good Product

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Overall, I'm a pretty big fan of Indicative. We are definitely going to continue to use it.

Pros

Amazing free offering to get you going in the app for quite a while. Indicative also has a ton of features.

Cons

Some of the features are a little hard to discover and find out how to properly put to use.

#Titlereview

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

We analyze impact of bugs by querying data and that is easier to interpret with visuals.

Pros

The queries are pretty simple and attributes are documented.
The types of visualisation and the speed to get results is satisfying.

Cons

That it does not show real-time data, actually I believe our newest is at least one day old.

Response from Indicative Software

Thanks for your feedback! Regarding real-time data, we offer two main types of data loading: real time via our REST API or daily batch loads via your data warehouse. It seems like your company utilizes the latter, but we are happy to help you get set up with a real time integration if you are interested. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager, or contact [email protected]

Helpful but it could be much better

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Its a good tool but as I mentioned before it can be much easier to use.

Pros

It helps you a lot to transform and read information in a easy way to understand it.

Cons

Its not that easy to use, especially to build the funnels for example.

Justin M.

Indicative for 3rd Party Usage Tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

I was trying to track overall usage and see what new features were most adopted by partners.

Pros

I liked the drag and drop building of segments.

Cons

I didn't like that I was showing inaccurate data. Parts of the data capture that didn't produce a lot of info showed "possible" combinations for user and their config. This was confusing and required some coaching to others I thought the service to.

I also didn't like that I couldn't reuse certain parts of a segment filter elsewhere.

Andrea V.

Once you get the logic, it's easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

It is true that the tool requires some learning, but once you understand it is's super flexible and very easy to use.

Cons

The onboarding needs some serious handholding from experts.

Shaw L.

Funnel and segmentation tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Drag and drop functionality, once configured. Nice charts, great for folks who aren't familiar with technical data analysis.

Cons

There are two great ways to view the data, but if there are other cuts necessary, the tool isn't made for it. So extracting data out to use in other tools can be more challenging.

5.0/10

Awesome data visualization!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Has been excellent so far.

Pros

Quickly view funnel metrics and visualize user flows.

Cons

It takes a little while to learn the UI, but that's for any new tool.