MartusTools

4,5
4,9
Jose constantino A.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Martus Solutions is a great tool for budgeting

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

User friendly for most non-financial users. You can narrow your search by locations, departments, activities, funds and for Non-Profits is a very useful tool for anyone in the organization. The owner, Bill Cox is a very helpful person and is always looking for ways to improve the software. For non-financial users, the dashboards are very helpful.

Cons

There is no really anything that I don't like about this software. I will be using it to roll out our 2019 budget and we expect it will be a win for all users. I understand that no software is perfect. No matter what it is, there is going to be at least one tool that isn't up to par or a missing functionality. But I think that Martus Tools have been making improvements to the software.

John R.
Industry: Libraries

Much easier to prepare and amend budgets in Martus and upload to Intacct than to do it in Intacct.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

It's easy to set up users and define various roles. Import/export is quick and easy. Martus is quick to respond to questions.

Cons

I would like a way to add more detail about each budget line item; multiple items that make up the account total.

Crystal D.

Martus Tools Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

MartusTools was a wonderful investment for me and my team. Wonderful software and wonderful customer service!

Pros

This software is so user friendly for anyone. It is easier and it has made our budgeting 110% better!

Cons

I wish it let you change the budget periods, since we now do 6 month budgets. It can be challenging, but overall, it is wonderful.

Great Reporting

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

Pros

The flawless integration with out accounting software provides for flexible reporting options with the click of button. The drill down option is extremely helpful when analyzing reports.

Cons

When setting up user permissions, it can become a lengthy process of checking boxes.

Brenda J.
Industry: Accounting

Martus has changed the way we budget! The system is incredibly simple to use. Great tool!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Time Savings

Pros

The fact that Martus syncs with Sage Intacct is the best reason why I love this software. it is easy to use and manage.

Cons

There are no "cons" to this software. It is a must have in my book. I wish this software was available to me years ago. It is a gamechanger.

Martus Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Great for someone who doesn't do that well with budgets.

Pros

It is fairly easy to understand. I view different accounts and their budgets. It does the math part for you showing you how much spend and earned. You can allocate any account title and as many break out lines as needed.

Cons

Budgets in general are confusing, but this software makes it easier for someone like me.

Easy to use, quick to learn, and fills all of our needs.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

We were able to finally do budgets outside of Excel and able to collaborate with all of our associates. We now have greater visibility.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to learn. We were able to train many of our associates very quickly on the software. I also like the great customer service and responsiveness to my questions.

Cons

I wish the UI was a little more modern but I do see a lot of improvements being made to the system.

Jasmine L.

Just getting started with the software

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

Budget to actual reports look nice

Cons

Doesn't show budgets over an extended period of time
Can't report on grants on a different fiscal year
Hard to add new users
Hard to add new budgets

Adam H.

Martus has helped us communicate financials much more quickly and efficiently

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Accessible through the web and integrates with our users current sign on credentials. It allows us to be fully paperless when communicating our financial reporting and during budgeting process.
It also allows us to quickly send out financials with a notification email that I trigger once entries are updated each month. It also seamlessly connects to our accounting software for continual updates on income and expenses without having to export and import manually.

Cons

Currently there isn't a mobile platform for accessing budget or financial reporting. You can view the webpage on your mobile device, but it isn't easy.

Tom L.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

I have found the interface very intuitive and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Efficient, accurate budgeting software that syncs with our accounting software.

Pros

Ease of use; Integration with our accounting software (Intacct)- any change in the COA in Intacct can be easily synched with Martus Tools. Ability to move beyond using Excel as a budgeting tool; This software will enable us to manage the budget development process efficiently and effectively;
The ability to consolidate in real time and in a way that minimizes the error prone process of linking multiple Excel spreadsheets is greatly appreciated.

Cons

I am a new user to Martus and so I have not run into any problems or disappointments so far. If I had any comment that could improve the user experience I would suggest the following:
Revise the invitation email for new users slightly. The current email invitation asks new users to "Reset their Password". I've had some users get confused by this initial email as they have never had a password before.

Scott H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Martus has been a lifesaver for us in our budget process.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

It is extremely user-friendly for our end-users.
It integrates well with our accounting software.
Customer support has been great.
Pricing is extremely reasonable and affordable, especially when compared to other options.
Saves hours of time versus spreadsheet budgeting for multiple locations and departments.

Cons

Cannot do a "print screen"; many of our people would like to have this option.
Integration with accounting software for budget numbers is one-way.
Would like to have more comprehensive user documentation.

Randy C.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Martus Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Reporting after budget is complete. Ease of data input.

Cons

comments/notes have to be re-entered month by month. Needs an annual comment function that would show for any given month.

Jenny C.
Industry: Museums & Institutions

Fantastic - easy to integrate with Intacct. Very user friendly.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

Martus was very easy to implement. Once we figured out what dimensions we wanted to budget, it was very easy to integrate with Intacct. Users find it very easy to use. Several enhancements have been made to the system since we started using it.

Cons

Nothing - it is very affordable for what the product offers. We do not use it for reporting since we find the reports in Intacct sufficient.

My Best Accounting Technology Decision

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Using MartusPlanner was straightforward for our leaders to learn and we completed our budget without any problems. Here are a few highlights of how Martus Planner has enhanced our budget process:

- This system allows our ministry leaders to input, update, review, and reference their budgets on demand from anywhere they can get internet access. Gone are the days of multiple spreadsheets with multiple formats and versions.

- Equip your ministry leaders with the ability to track and manage their budgets. One of our newly hired senior leaders told me I worked for a church with over 5,000 attendees across 6 sites and this program would have been a game changer for the way that church operated.

- Keep track of all budget versions throughout the budget cycle. Remember that awesome idea that was cut from the Dream budget. Now you can go back to that dream budget and bring that idea to life.

Cons

Based on feedback I have received from the ministry teams at my Church, the user interface could be simplified to help them navigate the program.

Janice C.

The staff is the most responsive of any group I have ever worked with. Installation we very quick.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

The Planner provides an efficient and effective means for budgeting across several departments. It is easy to use for the department heads. They love the ease of use and the look at the actuals of the prior year. The product is constantly being updated and improved. The Dashboard provides a great look at key performance factors with easy to understand graphics, great for communicating with church leaders.

Cons

Because the Planner is essentially a once per year tool, it is sometimes difficult for me ( a technically unsophisticated user) to use it properly as the administrator. Largely it is a matter of remembering the proper steps from year to the next, while at the same time accounting for updates to the product that have been released. The staff especially, are so responsive to help me with my own insufficiencies.

Todd C.

One of my go to tools for budgeting and expense tracking

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

saves time and cuts down on questions from staff

Pros

Easy actual to budget comparison and being able to drill all the way down to the invoice. Our staff no longer needs access to our accounting software. They can do all they need right from Martus which is much easier for them to naviage.

Cons

Just a little clunky on the back end but it keeps improving. Want the ability to hide inactive dimensions.

Accounting Accountability

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

you simply can not manage what you can not see. expenses that were being made outside of our budgeting process were difficult to identify. now, thanks to this software, i am able to do daily audits and keep my departmental spending in check

Pros

This software has been tremendously helpful at keeping me accountable for the finances of m,y department. I am able to identify errors before they impact my overall monthly cashflow and audit my teams for their spending habits. we have cut down on many unnecessary purchases that wwere happening off the radar. It is hard to measure what you cant see.

Cons

I am not a technical person. i did click on all the wrong things for a while. With proper training, this tool is excellent but you just need to ask the right questions

Elizabeth A.

Martus solutions has been an excellent tool for our church!

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

We use Intacct for our accounting software and they charge by user so it is nice to be able to have unlimited users in Martus to view budget reports. Martus is super user friendly and has some additional tools that have helped us tremendously like the Budget Change Request tool and using their budget worksheets to collaborate between ministries and executives when planning for our next budget cycle. Bill is also ALWAYS super responsive and helpful so having great customer support is really awesome too.

Cons

Nothing! It's seriously so great. We are very pleased with Martus Solutions and I cannot think of any cons. They are always doing upgrades and quickly address any software upgrade suggestions which is really great.

Anthony F.

The Martus team is always quick to serve and consistent in checking in with us.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

The ability to see budget variance numbers and then drill down to the transaction level data is a huge asset to our staff. It allows budget owners to notice a discrepancy at a high level and track it all the way to resolution.

Cons

The software continues to make improvements and strides, but the limitations on customizing visualizations and report views has kept us from fully engaging the tool sometimes.

Jim F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

I needed a solution that would consolidate many budgets and Martus works great for that.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

This software replaces cumbersome Excel templates for budgeting.

Pros

Martus provides a good user interface for both administrators and users, ease of use, good exports to Excel and GREAT value for the money.

Cons

We do not use the dash board module. We subscribed to Martus Solutions for the budgeting functionality.

Julia T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Martus is user friendly and I am especially impressed by the customer support.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Easy to manage annual budget plan.

Pros

It is straight forward and easy to learn and to use. The customer support is very quick and helpful. I feel the customer support is there whenever you need it.

Cons

I don't use it a lot. Based on my experience of using Martus for budget, I don't have any feature that I don't like very much at this point.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mark S.

Has been a real asset to our church and financial management team. Great service and support too.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Works well and having just completed 2018s budget, building it from last year's actuals, it made budgeting for the year so much easier!

Cons

Still lacking on flow and ease-of-use in some areas. Not as intuitive as I would like, though it works very well and I have been able to figure it out using it over time.

Austin P.

Financial Software Tool

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Pros

As someone responsible for a budget but not using the software every day, it is nice to login and have an intuitive software that isn't hard to figure out.

Cons

Haven't come across anything frustrating yet, it does its job!

Louis M.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Martus provides third party integration for budget management that our accounting software lacks.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Our accounting software, Intacct, does not offer budget managements for easy budget modifications, audit trail reports, or other budget related activity. Martus provides this functionality with ease and has been very supportive to meet our unique demands as a tribal government entity.

Pros

The software is easy to use and provides a simple interface to submit modifications or new budgets for our grant programs.

Cons

There is a limited number of permissions you can setup. In that I cannot grant a user to be able to view budget mods that are pertinent to their program but were submitted by other users. Editing worksheets to develop a working budget for future periods is easy, however you cannot mass delete lines and you have to export and then import the budgets to make them active.

Industry: Design

Excellent experience from initial setup to ongoing use! Love the tool!

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Transparency for budget owners; real-time feedback on actuals vs. budget; vastly streamlined budget creation process which puts the ownership in the hands of the budget owners.

Pros

The transparency it offer to budget owners in our organization is second to none! Built in Intacct reporting can be clunky and difficult to navigate for the non-financial team member, however, MartusTools makes it easy for team members to get real-time numbers from our GL.

Cons

Wish we could delete accounts and departments after they synced from Intacct to Martus instead of just hiding them.