4,5
4,6
Matevž O.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Easy set-up, does the job

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

While some services were overloaded during the COVID crisis, there have been no technical difficulties with ISL. The service is robust, intuitive and works well.

Pros

There is very low overhead with this software, users don't need to install anything and remote support can be up and running within half a minute from call.

Cons

Running services or applications with elevated privileges on the remote computer is a bit of a hassle.

David S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great product that works!!!

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

This is a great product that just works, no messing, we give the customer the session code, connects very quickly and we can support our client's needs quickly and easily.

I can set up unattended access so I can remote into my clients after they have gone home to fix issues so they don't have any downtime.

Cons

The only thing I have an issue with the software is when I am justing it on my tablet to give remote support, I am unable to pause it on the app or have multiple sessions open. I can do this on the desktop no problem.

Response from ISL Online

Thank you for your review!

Regarding the pausing of sessions on mobile devices - this is currently not possible. However, we have created a feature request ticket (internal ID REQ-1948) for this functionality to be developed and integrated.

I suggest you subscribe to our newsletter, follow our blog and social channels, so you'll be notified on the progress.

Best, ISL Online Team

Peter J.

Great and usefull product

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

We are proud that the best solution for remote access is done from Slovenian software company ISL.
Great work and keep going on.

Pros

We use this software fo 1year now and never had problems connecting to costumer.
We reccomend Cloud solution for quick start of usage.

Cons

Huawei and others do not support control over phone trough mobile app.

Matjaž D.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

ISL Light

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

We mostly support people in the USA, Denmark, Arab emirates.

Pros

slo support, multiple monitor connect is nice

Cons

I can not prepare a remote access in advance. I have to open software, generate session ID and then wait a really long time for the installer to tell the customer to download it. Generating link is nice, but I still need to be there at the beginning.
It is really confusing whenever session drops, sometimes it reconnects and writes some data into chat window? why chat window?
Whenever you have chat open and remote and also file transfer it is really hard to manage all those windows.
Audio chat would also be nice.
Connecting to some remote in Arab Emirates can take up to 5 minutes.

Response from ISL Online

"Audio chat would also be nice. "
Audio chat in an active session is possible.
You can check out the following guide which will show you how to use it: https://help.islonline.com/37390/230353

"Connecting to some remote in Arab Emirates can take up to 5 minutes. "
Long connection times can be caused by a number of reasons (network issues, ports unavailable, ...) If you can reproduce this issue, we can help you see the exact reason why the connections take a long time. You are most welcome to visit our live chat so we can connect to one such computer and check the issue.

"Having multiple administrators use the same Session ID would be also a nice feature."
Since the session code (Session ID) contains a lot of important information about the session, each session code is unique. However, you are able to invite other operators into the session by using the 'Invite operator' option: https://help.islonline.com/37390/166673#invite-operator

Yours sincerely
Domen Vidmar
ISL Online Team

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Andrew S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

ISL Light has streamlined our business.

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

ISL has always been a pleasure to deal with. On the VERY few ocassions we have had an issue it was resolved quickly with knowledgeable support staff. I would highly recommend ISL for 'always on' connections and help desk support. We use the performance details often to help diagnose our clients problems, all integrated into the ISL platfrom. Brilliant!

Pros

ISL Light is easy to implement and integrate into our website and daily business tasks. Our clients like the ability to have transparency when using the software and the tools it enables us as business to help them with.

Cons

A more lightweight client installer would be good but this is a small request as most clients can connect with our instructions over the phone.

Werner V.
Industry: Computer Networking

ISL Remote for optimal Network support

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

We use ISL for several years already and the overall benefits of this product makes that we continue to use it. Even on a Phone or Tablet we can remote access the connected systems.

Pros

The ease of use makes it perfect for daily use. It works perfect even when we are logged in to multiple systems without any loss of speed.

Cons

It would be better is we had an automatic way to create a report, of even a quick report of the system.

Dario P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Probably the best remote support software around

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

It just works very well and it has made our support experience painless

Pros

The possibility to self-host the server and to customize the product.
It is really easy to use even for "difficult customers".

Cons

It is not cheap, but it is even not too much expensive

Kris K.

Great software

Reviewed on 2020/06/21

Pros

Using the self hosted you get all of the features that competing software charges double yearly vs the cost of purchase.

Cons

The webinar function does not work properly. I would very much like to use this but it has not been maintained to deal with new security restrictions at the OS level.

Tadej Ž.
Industry: Computer Hardware

ISL expirience

Reviewed on 2020/03/14

Pros

easy of use, easy to instal client for anytime access, overall great product

Cons

for now, I didn't find any, I still need to check all the options. sometimes response times are a little longer that with teamviewer

Dominik S.

ISL Light Remote Desktop

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Remote control to help our customrs business. But also controll system in unattended mode.

Pros

It's easy to setup a remote control to our customer. Even if they a not power users.

Cons

Realy, is there somthing I doesn't like in ISL Light?

Alejandro C.
Industry: Executive Office

Easy remote access/support solution with multiple options

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

We offer support to company owned and employee owned PCs, and also support business partners that require access to our systems for our business relationship. For company owned equipment we used to install another remote support product, but we can't do that on most of not-owned equipment, so ISL became a great help since we do not need to install anything, just provide the session ID so they can join when they need and be confident no one will be accessing their property beyond that particular moment.

Pros

When you need to provide support or remote access (attended or unattended) it is a simple solution, easy to use, several alternatives to grant access in variety of OS's and circumstances and cost competitive.It isn't cluttered with functions that may work in some cases but in others are completely unnecessary.

Cons

No "bundles" for several users in small companies, those with need of many simultaneous users are likely to be really big and this situation works at their favor (btw, those are the ones that may need the extra functions from other competitors), but for small companies (using 1-2 simultaneous users) add an extra channel means doubling the cost. Even with that unpleasant situation still cost competitive.

Nigel S.

Use ISL Remote Desktop to perform Remote Support

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

We have been using ISL for around 5 years, and it is the mainstay of our ability to provide remote support to our clients. We have also been able to allow users to access their own computer when working away from their desk using some of the tools provided by ISL, which makes the product a hit with our clients as well.

Pros

The ability to group users together, to easily assign who on our support team can access which computers, and the ease of transferring files from ourselves onto the remote computer. And perhaps the greatest value is that we can set up the various parameters in a command line executable, so we don't need to set them up by hand every time.

Cons

It can sometimes take a few minutes between the user providing access and it appearing as an available remote system on our console

Christian M.

Solid alternative to Teamviewer

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

It was a positive experience for us so far. The software allows us to provide a professionally looking remote support service to mostly new and unknown users.

Pros

We've just renewed our license for the third year. We're using it to provide remote tech support for our customers and it never let us down so far. Our support staff likes working with it. Certainly not looking back to Teamviewer again.

Cons

Two relatively small issues with it, last time we checked:
1. The chat identifies our staff as "Desk" and there is no way to change this. In TeamViewer we could set our identification to whatever we wanted (We had it set to "Firstname Lastname - Company" for clarity and personal touch).
2. It uses the chat like a log, so everything that happens while we're connected gets logged in the chat, and we feel it's difficult to carry on a conversation with someone with log output cluttering the chat.

Mark L.

Great Value Remote Support Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

I used to use LogMeIn and was approached by ISL to try out there product initially I said no then the price of the other product had its third increase in twelve months which made it too expensive. Since then I haven't looked back, I can connect to my clients quickly and securely and provide the type of service my clients expect as if I was there in person. I must use the software three to four times a day on average and now most of my support work is done remotely saving journey time and fuel cost. It's made me more efficient.

Pros

ISLOnline has all the features of it's competitors but at a more competitive price. The software is continually being developed and improved and can be branded to suit your company needs. It supports remote connections to multi platform and devices and has a chat platform for you to converse with your customers which can be added to your website. Technical support is first class and they are extremely helpful when you first begin using the software. You get an evelauation period to trial the fully featured software and this can be extended if needs be so you can be sure. Did I mention the price?

Cons

I would like to see some improvements in the Remote support logging page as I use this to generate invoicing information and it takes an export of the log and some reformatting to get it in the state I need.

Response from ISL Online

Hello,

thank you for your review!

We are currently developing some new features for the reports page, which will soon show the name of the computer in the list aswell, making it easier to see which computer you were connected to in a particular session.

If you have any requests which you would like to see added to the reports page (or to ISL products in general) please send us an email to [email protected] or visit our live chat on our website www.islonline.com!

Domen Vidmar
ISL Online Team

Gary H.

ISLOnline easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

It allows me to support my customers 24-7 not just Monday-Friday 9-5. It saves site visits and allows me to quickly fix a problem.

Pros

Easy to setup and supports multiple platforms. You can add multi sessions for a fixed fee. Flexible subscription I started off with a price per use with a few customer then upgraded when the I built a larger customer base. Recently I have started to use the Web Conference feature for hosting online demos.

Cons

I would prefer a drag and drop to specific folder when transferring files. I would also like remote printing

Response from ISL Online

We are currently working on a new implementation of file transfer which will improve the file transfer functionality.

For the remote printing functionality, please check the following ticket on how to do this with ISL Light: https://help.islonline.com/56320/374642

Domen Vidmar, ISL Online Team

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Adhoc support tool, webchat and more

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Our technical support team love it, as it just works no firewall issues or horrendous end user experiences as we can create a session send an email invite or ask the user to visit the our branded ISL landing page.

Pros

We first came to use ISL after having experienced the ease of connection many years ago with one of our suppliers. We loved the fact that the end user just had to enter a session number download and run. It also allowed us to host live web chat facilities on our website, which was another separate service we were paying for.

Cons

The webchat isn't as proactive as some other services, informing you when there are visitors on your site. But the remote desktop support makes up for this.

Chris F.

isl

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

we support customers using this.

Pros

file transfer is very useful, also multi session is invaluable to us.

Cons

cannot save passwords on IOS. also cannot use domain login details to authenticate. Reporting tools could do with a little more detail

Christian H.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Fast and not bloated

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Remote management of external PC players for digital signage software for 500 players at different locations.
A key success factor in delivering our service.

Pros

Fast and reliable software for controlling remote computers. All functions you would expect like file transfer, keyboard shortcuts, focus on quality or speed. Web interface, PC client and Android client for remote management. You could help your customers even when gone shopping with the wife!
Firewall friendly.

Cons

Last time I've checked it does not offer support for taking control of android units.

Response from ISL Online

We offer remote control for Samsung, Cyrus and rooted Android devices. With other devices, remote viewing is possible.

Domen Vidmar, ISL Online Team

Michele A.

Easy and effective

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

We use ISL to give technical support on customer's machines. It is super easy to install, since the executable files come already setup to connect to company account. Connection is reliable and fast.

Pros

Lightweight executable, can be used in all platforms.
User management interface very effective.

Cons

Some issues in RDP tunnelling on MacOs.
Tricky to set-up on auto-scaling cloud machines (not critical at the moment).
It would be great to be able to ask for help by raising a flag on AlwaysOn (so that at operator side we know which machine raised it).

François D.

Using ISlRemote daily

Reviewed on 2019/12/21

Pros

Very easy to use, simple to install, easy to remotely control a new computer using "invite". Isl light is also available for installation on remote computer for unattended control and on local computer so you don't have to login on a web page but juste start a local software.

Cons

Only information available is a complete description about the remote computer (CPU, ram, processes and so on) and lats connection time. Impossible to know how many time spend remotely by computer or by group on a period of time. Impossible to know wich computer have been accessed last month. Impossible to share a session like with TeamViewer ou AnyDesk. An the local app crashes after a while.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Javier C.

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

We give remote assistance and it is essential that it works well, especially reboots

Pros

Always works correctly.
We can almost always connect with customers.

Cons

The time it takes to connect could be improved

Response from ISL Online

Javier, thank you for your review. The time it takes to connect can depend on a number of reasons. If connecting takes a long time, this could indicate a network issue. If possible, we invite you to visit our live chat so we can check the connection speed and improve your experience.

Martial B.
Industry: Information Services

My Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

Very Quickly and simple for our customer

Cons

Multiuser management and shared AlwaysOn Connection

Stef M.
Company size: Self Employed

Great product and great support (lot's of extras)

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Remote support to users on Windows platform. Users are working on different version of Windows (like: 7, 8, 10 and some server editions too).

Pros

Most important of course is that ISL Light delivers the goods when it's about remote support. I've looked at multiple other products (after deciding to leave Teamviewer) to find a solution that fits my requirements. One of them is remote support to individual Windows users on a virtual Windows Server. ISL Always On basically is the only product that could do this easily. Also many other products have different products (or subscriptions) for attended and unattended support. With ISL you get ISL Light (attended) and ISL Always On (unattended) and all for a very good price.

Cons

You only get one concurrent session with each licence. This might be just not as flexible as you would like. You can however add an option to allow multi-sessions. You have to pay a little extra though.
It would be nice to have a list of users that previously asked for support so you don't need a sessioncode to get connected. Than again it might be more secure this way.

Alessio U.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

The most secure and stable remote connection sofware

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Pros

It's very easy to use and to configure. You have the integration of this software on your portal
You can use it also on smarthphone.
Above all it hasn't reported any data security flaws

Cons

The grafical interface should be improved in terms of modernity, but it's a detail

Marko Z.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Easy to use, great to work with

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

In 20 years in IT I have tested a lot of remote support applications. But I found that ISL Light is the best of them to use and recomend. Also customers find it easy to run and recive support from our team.

Cons

The only option I miss is SMS notification with support code so it would be able to connect one-time later if you dont want to install ISL always on.