Filestage Reviews

Filestage

Video, graphic & marketing project management tool

4.8/5 (17 reviews)
Daniel W.

My customers love Filestage - so do I!

Reviewed on 2017/05/17

You save time in your post-production process and offer clients a great tool. Saves their time and yours!

Pros

- Easy interface
- Easy feedback
- Documentation
- Great customer service

Easy interface, especially for customers. My clients can provide me with detailed feedback on the spot. They just click into the video and write a comment. They don't need to send timecodes, need to make lists, write an email. Revision became much more efficient.
Once my customer reviewed my videos, pdf's etc. I get a notification and have an easy to do list.

It's possible to brand the software and fit it into your company.

You also have a clear documentation and approval from your customers, which can be handy when things get complicated at a later point.

Filestage is easy reachable and help with everything.

Cons

Features for sorting projects: The interface improved a lot since I started, but there are small things, for which I use workarounds.
Projects in the overview can't be sorted in an easy. I think it's only date and alpha-numerical. I rename my projects therefore with 00.. 01.. etc.
But the team is listening and I hope the will add this feature soon!

Response from Filestage

Thanks for the review!

Hannah E.

Filestage has been a great tool for removing roadblocks to get projects completed efficiently.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Read my review!

Pros

We have a creative studio where we design and paint graphics, and Filestage has been a game-changer for getting projects from concept to the real world quickly, with very happy clients (and us). We usually start off with a draft document, send a link to the client, have the client comment directly on the draft with questions/feedback, and then we can respond and/or add a new draft, then repeat the whole process until everyone's happy. We like how easy it is to get a client to respond on Filestage, and that our clients aren't forced through a weird UI or made to sign up for the app themselves. We love not having to send giant PDFs through email or dropbox, and forcing document download after document download until you can't remember which version is the most recent or how many times you have the same document draft saved in your "downloads" folder. That said, you can still enable each Filestage doc to be downloadable, so if our clients do want to download files, we like that it's an option for them.

Cons

Clunky to use on mobile, an app would be great eventually, for even more on-the-go quick response ability. Price is a bit steep too, but you get a lot, so understandable.

Response from Filestage

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

Best,
The Filestage Team

Lukas H.

Fast solution for satisfied customers

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Close cooperation with customers from all industry sectors.
Project support and execution from pre-production to cutting

Pros

fast integration of complex film projects.
fast and easy communication with the customer.
Shortening the correction time

Cons

There is no competitive product.
There is no negative review

Response from Filestage

Lukas, thanks a lot for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. If there's anything you need help with, just let us know.

Best, Max

Pauline L.

Amazing tool!

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Happy clients! Easy to use, and very intuitive :)

Pros

-Very easy to comment the document
-Very User friendly: we see bullets and the comment appears
-Amazing to be able to see different versions of one document
-One online link, one pop up to invite reviewers to see the document
-Easy to create projects and invite a team to share projects
-Possibility to upload pdf or images into the comments themselves (great!)
-The email is customized with our logo, which is a great idea for our image
-And, the best: my clients are happy to receive this link, and see the comments

Cons

-We could have different colors for bullets points
-All the team members should have access all the projects, without inviting them to see the projects?

Martina K.

Super tool for easy review & collaboration - my customers love it!

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

I was looking for an easy way to make files available to my customers for review. I discovered Filestage and was impressed how easy and intuitive it was. My clients praised me because I was able to offer them a simple review option.

Pros

- intuitive usability
- easy online review & collaboration - directly in the web interface
- clients can comment the content easily without need to register
- easy upload of different versions
- complete documentation about reviews and versions
- very time-saving & transparent
- you do not need to send emails back and forth
- my customers love it as this tool simplifies our cooperation

Cons

No Cons :-)

Only, I wish tere was the possibility to upload and review more file formats.

Kason B.

Decreased Review Time for Videos & Websites

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

I have a website and video production company. The review process is now a snap. I simply send the filestage link - instruct the client to leave all the feedback on there, then we will execute all their reviews for a flat "revision" cost - since endless revisions are the least profitable part of the job.

Cons

I had a bit of trouble with the annotation feature early on. It turns out the google adblock plugin breaks some of the code so I just disabled it on filestage.io

Vivien D.

filestage is the best and easiest way to get a feedback from your customers

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/09

I'm a freelance videographer and sometimes it's very stressfull to get all information you need from your customer. Filestage is a very helpfull tool to get feedback, because the customer can comment exactly the frame that needs to be changed. You also can upload new versions on the same file, so it is very clear to use.

Pros

- easy upload
- clear layout
- great comment tool
- very friendly support
- you can update your files to a newer version without any struggle

Cons

I have nothing to critize. I'm very happy with this tool :)

Wonderful tool for the review process!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Fast and easy reviewing process

Pros

+ Easy to set up
+ Intuititve
+ Clear and quick user interface
+ Secure, even useable for content that requires NDAs
+ You can easily see that this tool is made by people who exactly know what the problem is to which their product provides the solution

Cons

- Not very cheap considering freelancers
- Limited API at the moment (but I was told that there is more to come)

Paul H.

We got hooked on filestage right with the first project. Using it for almost all correction rounds.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Quick and clean corrections and voting rounds with the customers. Saving a lot of time, effort and nerve.

Pros

The simplicity of working with it - especially when giving the link of a file to a customer. There is no need for him to sign up, which makes it really easy to use.
Also, the usability and the user experience is great. Its actually fun to work with, even considering it is about something as tough as dealing with corrections of customers.
Everything is beeing kept clear and manageable.
We also love how we can handle nearly every kind of file.

Cons

It kinda reaches its limit when handling really big pdfs (more than 200 pages), since people are going to download the pdf and will make their comments there, instead of in filestage.

Evan U.

FileStage has significantly improved our creative collaboration and our clients love it!

Reviewed on 2017/07/03

Pros

Simple collaboration made easy

Non-tech clients who love the experience

Ability to branded the platform

Cons

Completely white label with a custom subdomain (design.asimpleclean.agency) and for emails to come from our email addresses

David W.

I highly recommend to any Team handeling film projects over long-, or short distances.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

a faster easier project work. we saved alot of time working on our project cause the feedback chain was quick to execute from anywhere.

Pros

Shared project work over any distance has never been so easy! Can't imagine any future projects without filestages assistance. Thanks! You can mark any spot in a frame and leave a comment. You may also draw scetches into frames to further illustrate corrections for your team mates.

Cons

didn't have any trouble yet. Filestage does exactly what it was made to do with excellence! Also has a friendly customer support.

William L.

It's... mediocre at best.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

On the bright side, it does do what it claims to do. Most of the time. When there aren't bugs. And they are constantly improving the app, so there's that.

Cons

But... it's buggy. Often we receive complaints from clients about a video not loading, or not playing back, or not being able to scrub through the video. Or even being redirected to the Filestage homepage without any errors. There are better alternatives, but you have to pay more for them.

2.0/10
Patrick S.

I'm using FileStage with a fellow student of mine, we both study film design and photography.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

- Easy Overview about our projects - no more mess within video production and photo projects
- No misunderstanding with reviews - precise definition of task within pictures and videos
- quick retrace of different versions

Cons

I hope there will be a calendar option to optimize your organization. Sometimes you like to schedule your projects.

Jens S.

Easy and Lean!

Reviewed on 2016/05/30

My clients are really happy since I use Filestage to review my media files. They prefer Filestage because of the easy and intuitive design. The data security is another advantage over the competitors.

Response from Filestage

Thanks Jens! We are glad to hear that!

The Invision of video, and project files

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Great collaboration on project files

Pros

Easy to use and understand for collaboration purposes - if somebody needs to leave feedback on a specific file that requires updates, it's simple to do this.

Cons

Some processes are a little slow/laggy, but it's not enough to impact my recommendation or overall workflow.

Ahmed B.

Great Reviewing and collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

Very straight forward clean interface, Great customer Support that listens to their customers and their needs, great value too, I highly recommend it.

Jaco V.

Superb Best review and collaboration product available!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2016/11/14

The moment I signed up I knew I found something great! The interface is easy to understand and use. My recent clients were very impressed. Customer support is amazing! They're very quick to reply to emails and ready to help with anything! This product just boosted my way of communicating with clients to a whole new level. Totally worth your money!

Pros

The easy to use interface and quick response combined with great customer support.

Cons

Nothing everything is good

Response from Filestage

So happy that you find Filestage useful ;-) Thanks a lot for your great feedback!

Best wishes & happy reviewing,