ContentStudio

Content marketing & social media management tool

Rasmus bernt K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A solid platform and a rising star

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Overall I'm happy with my weekly use of CS, and recommend it, not only due to their above average features, but also due to their ambitious road map and the team behind.

Pros

I love how ambitious the team is, and how solid and well thought out new features are, when they are rolled out.

The CS content planner give you a nice and easy to use overview.

While the system has a very strong 'Content Discovery and Insights' feature, it also post to several social channels (9 at the moment if I remember right).

Their 'Automation Recipes' module is quite unique and let you find, schedule and post relevant content on autopilot, based on the rules you setup.

As any serious tools it is also important that CS include 'approval features', so wrong content don't go online

Cons

As for almost every tool who have entered the market within the last years, Content Studio don't allow direct posting to Instagram. It has nothing to with the tool or the team behind, as they have worked extremely hard to make this happen. IG have simply 'closed the door' temporary, and don't let relative new tools get the needed access to their API. However I know the team continue to work with IG, but also look for any legit alternative.

I would love you could post the same posts in more than 1 language (so your followers can read your post in their own language), and as far as I understand, this is already on their road map.

Small Business Owner

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

ContentStudio helps me a lot, considering I am a solopreneur with very little time to build a social media presence on multiple platforms. If it weren't for this software, I would have to work much harder to achieve the same results.

Pros

ContentStudio simplifies my content marketing strategy. I can post to multiple social media channels with a click of a button. I also like their SEO suggestions when I am writing a blog post. Thanks to ContentStudio, I got the hang of writing articles being SEO conscious. And now, many of my blog posts are going really well on Google and other search platforms.

Cons

Sometimes, I notice that the statistics about my social posts are not so precise. But that could be a misconfiguration on my behalf, as I'm still learning how to use all its functionalities. When it comes to answering customers on social media, I notice there's a bit of delay for the messages to show on ContentStudio, so I prefer answering them on Facebook Business Manager.

Lindsay S.
  • Industry: Design

Feature-filled lovechild of Buffer, Pocket, and your blog

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Oh man, huge time saver, helps the entire content creation/curation management process easy because it's all in one place and organized so intuitively. I thank my lucky stars that I was able to purchase a lifetime membership very early on when ContentStudio was new. Seriously it's the MVP of my content strategy.

Pros

SO many features!

- You can write blog/social media posts directly from within the web app
- Automation for campaigns (new blog posts to social media, article links to social media, sharing articles automatically on your blog, etc.)
- Nice-looking interface. Seriously, it's totally a selling point. It makes it even more fun to create content.
- Ability to schedule posts
- The "Discovery" tab. I could get lost for hours, it's a treasure trove for easily searchable, filterable, postable-from-the-website content.
- Integrations galore! Facebook, Twitter, Pocket, the list goes on. There's also a browser extension.
- Responsive and fun on social media

Cons

I'm extremely picky when it comes to tools I use for business, especially if I really like something, which is counter-intuitive, but there you have it.

- I'd love to see more ability to use the article to blog automation more easily. Example: I have my settings such that systematically, I must review any post before it can be published. If I'm unable to log in for a few days, all the now-expired posts have to be opened one at a time and rescheduled -- click date, click time, click post... that sort of thing. If there was a button that you could click that could re-add those posts for the same schedule, just staggered on different dates in the future, that would rock!
- Occasionally posts will not post, seemingly at random. But this isn't super frequent.

Shaun dave R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great software for content curating & scheduling with friendly & prompt customer service

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

The platform is very user friendly and is easy to schedule posts with a post creating assistant built in. The content curator is brilliant although it does not have many results in the music industry that I could use (blame that on lack of quality music blogs). But if your posts are about tech or any field where you can find plenty of content, this is totally worth it. The RSS feed section could be presented a little better but nothing much to complain. I had encountered a glitch where tagging pages showed only page IDs. On Contacting their customer service, they had released a patch the following week and now it works flawlessly, so pretty impressed with the service.

Cons

The lack of auto posting to Instagram as many of the reviewers mentioned is a disappointment, but they have promised to fix that in the near future. Could have helped with supporting more accounts in the basic plan. 5 accounts seems a bit low when compared to some of its competition.

Chamath N.

Best of all social media management application

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

In conclusion, our experience from the Contentstudio was good, no, even better. The content studio is
not that complex or hard to use. It saves you more time. More than enough.

Pros

This is a working process of taking the guesswork of a freelancer. This is amazing. We used it in a little
different way than many people do. If you are a writer, then use the given content to spot trends. And
this is also an excellent tool for writing, editing, and distributing your own content. We recommend this
to you!
The pros and cons of this freelancer are very different than those of similar content. Some people have
to have a point to understand where the pitch ideas are. You can discover the post from the massive list of
the given sources. Can post in many multiple social networking and networking sites at a period each.
Next, rescheduling is some other feature. You even have another excellent useful feature called the
Automation. Many agencies with the digital feature need this application since it is saving a tremendous
amount of time and also give extra quality for the services.
It is even easy to manage all your entire content marketing tools. And from just one place. It also lets
you create your own boolean searches. It is with the use of broad keys.

Cons

The cons in the process are sometimes the process of application is a little slow. Even sometimes,
insights and analytics are not in availability. Still, we think you were working on the same process. Many
people do not find many cons, but there are some other cons. Those cons are for people with less
knowledge of English. There is no direct posting to Instagram.
Some people even find themselves missing the ability to use curated headlines in automation camps. At
present, it is only showing that you are only getting the custom headlines that you design.

Oliver B.

Very solid tools for the right use cases

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Pros

ContentStudio has some great auto and semi-auto social curation tools which, when set up correctly, save a ton of time for queuing social posts. It's capable of posting to a wide range of platforms.

Cons

I'd like there to be more filtering options, especially on the video posting from YouTube, where I'd like to see negative keyword filtering like they offer on articles.

Dustin D.

Great tool and great team!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

I’ve contacted their support team, and they’ve always been helpful and friendly

Pros

At first I was on the fence with content studio, I enjoyed using hootsuite, buffer and a few other social tools better. I kept checking on content studio and watching it grow and wow!! The team just keeps building it out and improving it. I love the content feed and ease of posting, using replug. Very cool tool for social media management.

Cons

The learning curve can be a little tough because there are so many tools. It’s easy enough to get the hang of after a few minutes.

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Best Digital Marketing Platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

My businesses are well-marketed now within less time and all from just one place!

Pros

The automation, analyze and inbox features are quite unique

Cons

Actually, to be honest, I have not found anything to dislike until now. Let's see :)

Bintu laraba A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Manage Social Account With Ease

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

It's been a nice experience using it, we've been able to increase content reach and engage more audience.

Pros

Managing social media can be challenging when the right tools aren't implemented. I remember how I was always online tracking the latest news, writing posts and getting tired when I started using social media then. But with ContentStudio, I can easily schedule my post and also recycle them when I want. I can easily track mentions, engage with relevant topics in my field and also increase my awareness. I also track analytics to know how well my content is performing. To manage your social media accounts better and curate quality content easily, ContentStudio is the right software to look out for.

Cons

I haven't noticed anything discouraging about this software. It makes content management a lot easier for me.

Ali M.

Must have tool for social media marketers

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Very happy with the tool and also the customer service. IMO ContentStudio is a must have tool for social media marketers and agencies. Instead of using different tools for content curation and posting, you can do it all with one tool.

Pros

ContentStudio has made our life so much easier. In the past we used number of tool to create, curate and then post content to our social media channels. Now all of that can be done with one tool i.e. ContentStudio. We are roughly saving 10-12 hours every week with this tool.

Cons

I wish they add a evergreen queue feature. It's where you can create a queue of lets say 100 posts and then it posts of social channel forever until you pause or stop the queue.

Ozioma E.
  • Industry: Executive Office

An essential resource for Business Intelligence

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

Overall, I am really enjoying the platform and look forward to it growing and helping me grow.

Pros

For many years, my role was head of Cultural Strategy, Insights and Innovation in the world of advertising. Having cultural intelligence was key. Once I launched my own business, I needed tools that could provide me with a level of depth and rigor so that I could see trends as they emerge. I believe that ContentStudio is a more than capable tool for this task. Also as a thoughtleader, I am always in need of being able to author and dissseminate content with ease. Contentstudio allows me to sync my medium and blog as well as all of my social media platforms so that I can share with ease. What I appreciate about Contentstudio is the ability we have to customize the tool for your own needs, as well as use what has been laid out for you. I was even able to gather all of my top trends sites into one feed and that has helped me stay up to date in areas that matter most for my business and the business of my clients.

Cons

The one are that I sense needs work is the automatic feeds. The are not always so updated. However, this can be solved by creating your own feeds which seem to be more fresh.

Some of the more advanced features could cost you a bit more, so factor this in at the very start.

Rami M.

Content Makers Swiss Knife

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

I highly recommend it.

Pros

It makes both creating and curating content really simple. I like the feed management and content finder, but the real power is the automation part. The workflow ContentStudio allows is simply brilliant. The team behind it are really helpful and accept suggestions and welcome feedback. I worked as a social media specialist for a while, and now starting my side hustle ... glad to be using ContentStudio as it offers the best tools to manage large scale campaigns in one well-designed workflow.

Cons

1- Think more muting features should be added, in addition to graphical feed sources manager.
2- Support target response time can be improved.

Travis M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Content Studio

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Pros

Always Adding Features
Constantly Evolving
More than keeping pace with others

Cons

Adding features means more learning
But there is very little I dislike about the software

Greg Y.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Wonderful Social Sharing and Content Curation Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/15

Core functions are great. Continually improving and getting better every day.

Pros

Easy to use for social sharing to multiple social platforms. Schedule in advance and customize for each channel. Many other user-friendly options.

Cons

The content curation feature can be a little wonky for more specialized subjects.

Halle B.

Social Media Automation Cloud Platform

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

I have gained many benefits by using this platform, mainly by freeing up time to do other tasks since it is quicker to create posts, pages, and social media because of the rules you set up for filtering applicable content. By having an automated process, you do not have to remember to post, start and end campaigns, and set up re-occurring events.

Pros

Content Studio provides tools to deliver content to your audience while delivering value through fresh content.

It allows you to manage multiple marketing platforms – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram. It also includes the capability to add keywords and domains from which you want to pull content as well as exclude these also. This provides optimal flexibility for finding content.

It allows you to create while providing the ability to do it better by providing multiple sources very quickly.

They have updated the app and it is by far better. With contentstudio.io you can create on the go from anywhere, it is a cloud app.

Cons

The WordPress plugin is twitchy. It took a couple of weeks to get it to work with my website, but with customer support, it is now working.

Travis P.

Powerful Social Media Management Suite of Tools at a Great Price

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

ContentStudio has really helped save a lot of time researching content to share on our social media channels and keeping our content organized and easily accessible. Any user who spends the time to fully set up the platform and use it to it's fullest potential will be very thankful to pay their renewal fee with a smile.

Pros

ContentStudio has way more features compared to similar social media tools in the same price range and they're continually adding new features. I love the content discovery and feeds features to stay current with popular and relevant content for me to share.

Cons

There's been a small bug with the Chrome extension with the way ContentStudio interacts with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] when the account has multiple workspaces. The team has been working on this and it is getting fixed.

Tom M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Excellent, Affordable Content Curation Solution

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

Pros

Content Studio has the capacity to curate more sources than you would probably need, which you can index to a number of different topics. For those who want to automate posting to your social networks, its quite capable with a high degree of customization. If you take a little more hands on care with what you post, its content scheduling features are more than adequate. To have such a powerful curation tool within the same app is the value to me. Recently released version 2.0 is a big step forward for this tool.

Cons

If you don't take care with your content sources and filtering, your data can become a bit unwieldy. Certainly no different than any RSS solution, and Content Studio is far more powerful than that.

Konrad H.
  • Industry: Accounting

Content Studio is simply perfect

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Can't recommend CS enough. It is my go-to option. I recommend it to all my colleagues

Pros

The professional, clean user interface!

There is no shortage of social media accessory apps on the market. Content studio immediately made a difference to me via there clean UI. It was professional, and the use is intuitive. I might be in the minority but I simply dislike the social media industry insistence of trying to seem "hip" and gimmicky.

Content Studio bypasses all of that. All the tools you need. All reliable. No gimmicks.

Cons

It would have been nice to have better suggestions for captions. When posting hundreds of times a bit of quality automated help would be nice

Julien G.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Content studio is a very good solution

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

Pros

I discover ContentStudio when I was looking for another solution than Hootsuite. I tried it and I really enjoyed to use it immediately. The fonctions are improving since the time I sign up to their offer. Really useful and efficient.

Cons

So far so good! It is just at the beginning I wasn’t able to found the right info in the discover part, but now its all good!

Chi O.

Has turbocharged our content marketing

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

Great experience

Pros

COntent studio has taken our content marketing to another level. We were using all the popular SaaS tools for SEO research with minimal effectiveness. Content Studio has helped us unlock an added level of data that we need to make our content better than the competition. A highly versatile and useful tool for serious marketers.

Cons

would be nice to have a plug in that u can click that analyses the content youre looking at in real time

Albert T.

You don't need another content management platform when you have ContentStudio.io

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

We use it in all of our businesses and really happy about it.

Pros

This is an all-in-one content management platform which also allow you to post to all popular social media accounts:

Content discovery - search relevant content to post
Plan and collaborate - use with team members with an editorial calendar
Publish - from one place to all your channels
Analytics - new feature that allow you to know which contents are performing well

Cons

Being a monster app with so many features, one thing you must be prepared to learn how to use it.

Ease of use could be daunting but after a few hours of using, it becomes a breeze.

Brent R.

Full social management in an improving interface

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

I like ContentStudio, and have had it and used it for a while now. It isn't the slickest interface and experience, but all the features you would need are there to plan a content strategy for your social networks, and even your blog. And they are getting better regularly, which is encouraging.

Pros

I like that ContentStudio pretty much covers the entire realm of social media content posting and planning. It is very flexible for getting your content to the right social networks at the right time, and is pretty packed for features. Creating evergreen content is easy, and integrating with pixels is easy, and it mostly just works as you would expect.

Cons

Some of the topic research can be a bit thin, and while they are gradually adding more sources and available content options, doing research for articles and topics in more niche industries can be a bit frustrating.

Also, the interface is sometimes slow and not intuitive. I really hope they continue to improve it, as they have been doing.

Suman C.

Highly recommended as a cheaper alternative to BuzzSumo

Reviewed on 2019/03/24

Pros

Think about BuzzSumo + Buffer rolled into one. Not only can you discover trending and most shared content on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube (including Pinterest and Reddit), you can automatically share them as blog post (including Medium) or as social post.

It is much more affordable and has been continually adding new features since last year. And frankly, it is less than half the cost of other content discovery and curation services out there. Not to mention the support which is responsive. (Even the CEO chimes in personally at times.)

Cons

Although it comes with a lot of features, I would specially like another feature added: discovery of influencers (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram). It would be really great!

Rudolf N.

My choice after a lot of research

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

Pros

ContentStudio is a really good tool to get content ideas and post them directly to social media. There are so many similar apps out there and I did my research on the household names like Hootsuite, as well as Appsumo's recent lifetime deals like Publer and Social Animals, but in the end I found ContentStudio to be the most robust platform and I was lucky enough to have their lifetime promotion just in time.

Cons

Posting directly to Instagram would be a welcome feature.

Norm S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A Content Discovery and Creation Service That Keeps Innovating

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Pros

During my time of using this content curation service I've seen continuous improvement in the features and functionality. I really do like that you can define topics and keywords that you are interested in and ContentStudio will work in the background to not only discover the content for you, but will also give you reach and interaction data on the content.

Cons

My process for content curation is to take bits and pieces from different articles and blog posts and then curate them into my own piece. I've yet to figure out how to do this effectively with ContentStudio. Other services that I use enable me to preview an article and then just click paragraphs within that preview and the selected paragraphs will automatically be added to my content composer.