ContentStudio Reviews

ContentStudio

Content marketing & social media management tool

4.7/5 (302 reviews)
Ankit R.

One of the best Content Automation Tool for Digital Marketers of the future

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

The team behind ContentStudio is amazing. I am one of their early adopters and I have loved this tool. As I mentioned above, I use this tool heavily to find relevant contents.

Pros

As the name suggests - ContentStudio is an all in one - content creation, curation and distribution tool - but what does that mean?

I am into Facebook Advertising and interested in learning about new updates or get access to popular content across the web related to Facebook Advertising.

Discovery Tool - I can filter which exact sources (blogs, articles etc) and webpages I want to get my updates from. I usually want to get updates from JonLoomer.com or Socialmediatoday.com, so I select their RSS feed as my source of articles. I can fine tune the results I want by choosing the keywords I am interested in. After my discovery setup is done, I get a list of relevant articles that is very easy for me to go through without having to leave the webapp.

Publish - After I have a list of all the articles and once I quickly scan past them, I can either share the most relevant contents in my social media channels, or I can combine what I have learned and create a new post myself. Once done, I can easily share to all my social media channels in 1 click - it is that easy.

Analyze - How do I know how my contents are doing? Are my original articles performing better than the ones I reshared from other website? This is where I find all this information.

Cons

I am looking forward to getting more features that provides me information on social media pages of brands I want to track and websites to track and understand their performance - so I can set a benchmark for my own campaigns.

Paul S.

From the minute I hit the Discovery page I knew ContentStudio was a serious source of real content.

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Verified person making review. Easy.

Pros

To "pick one thing" I like most about CS is too tough to worry over so how about my top FIVE...

1. Limitless, easily searchable, quality content from 1600+ builtin killer sources -and- the ability to add your own -and- Feedly Integration!

2. Each piece of content includes the source, FB and Pinterest Likes, numeric "hot" rating and buttons to either publish or save to Favs to consider later. There is even a preview button.

3. Generous number of social accounts and blogs you can post to at all membership levels. And "blog" means any blog including your own self hosted with a CS Plugin.

4. Campaign Automation - schedule posts to all your social accounts in a single weekly sitting (but it really is so interesting you'll want to be more manual!) The builtin Planner Calendar is great to view your posting plan from above.

5. Groups - this allows you to segregate (for example) your business Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress Blog etc from your personal accounts and post collectively to each. A truly inspired feature that says the people at ContentStudio think like users.

I mentioned Feedly Integration in #1 but it deserves a second mention because it is the pipe that an ocean of content designed by you flows to your Discovery Desktop from. An absolutely brilliant inclusion.

Finally - RePlug is fully one-click integrated! Why? Imagine hiding a retargeting pixel from FB, Twitter, LinkedIn etc in EVERY clickable link you post.

Support is all you want it to be!

Cons

Honestly... I do not have even a minor issue or complaint. That is worth a mention because it is rare.

Lindsay S.

Feature-filled lovechild of Buffer, Pocket, and your blog

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Oh man, huge time saver, helps the entire content creation/curation management process easy because it's all in one place and organized so intuitively. I thank my lucky stars that I was able to purchase a lifetime membership very early on when ContentStudio was new. Seriously it's the MVP of my content strategy.

Pros

SO many features!

- You can write blog/social media posts directly from within the web app
- Automation for campaigns (new blog posts to social media, article links to social media, sharing articles automatically on your blog, etc.)
- Nice-looking interface. Seriously, it's totally a selling point. It makes it even more fun to create content.
- Ability to schedule posts
- The "Discovery" tab. I could get lost for hours, it's a treasure trove for easily searchable, filterable, postable-from-the-website content.
- Integrations galore! Facebook, Twitter, Pocket, the list goes on. There's also a browser extension.
- Responsive and fun on social media

Cons

I'm extremely picky when it comes to tools I use for business, especially if I really like something, which is counter-intuitive, but there you have it.

- I'd love to see more ability to use the article to blog automation more easily. Example: I have my settings such that systematically, I must review any post before it can be published. If I'm unable to log in for a few days, all the now-expired posts have to be opened one at a time and rescheduled -- click date, click time, click post... that sort of thing. If there was a button that you could click that could re-add those posts for the same schedule, just staggered on different dates in the future, that would rock!
- Occasionally posts will not post, seemingly at random. But this isn't super frequent.

Piotr C.

Very nice tool for social media automation

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Thanks to ContentStuidio, I save a lot of time with the team. I can automate activities in SocialMedia. Run many different profiles, in different media from one place. A very useful tool.

Pros

During last year Content Studio team made a lot improvements. Few weeks ago they release new version CS V2.
They have native integration with link shortener relug.io - this is really awesome.
They made very good job in implemeting of the way of workflow - teams and workspaces are very clear and simple in use.
Inside CS You will find 3 main tools which are dividing for smaller parts::
*DISCOVER tool for searching nice articles and post from your niche
--->Topics with trending topics and quotas
-->Search - toll for searching trending posts
*PUBLISH
--> Composer - with nice and clever Social Media Post Composer and RSS Post Composer for blogging. Here You will prepare Your posts for Your channels, with possibility to publish the same post in few channels, add/create image, add hastags, create UTM and links with advanced replug.io link shortener. Each post You can 'Post Now', 'Schedule', 'Add To Queue', or save as 'Draft'
--> Planner - advanced scheduling calendar, with filters and differet views
--> Automation - here You can prepare different types of campaigns. I didn't use this functions in new version of CS yet. Options: 'Article Links to Social Media', 'Videos to Social Media', 'Articles to Blog', 'Videos to Blog', 'RSS Feed to Social Media',
Comming soon options: 'Bulk Uploader(Schedule multiple messages to your social media channels via CSV data import)', 'Evergreen'
*ANALYZE - they say: Analytics - Coming Soon!

They have public Roadmap

Cons

For me the biggest issue is weakness of DISCOVER tool in my language (Polish). It is working but gives very poor results. I don't use, but I see that in English it's working very good.

Chris S.

Blown Away - There is nothing like it

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Pros

Concerning Version 2.0, There was nothing so far that I don't like about ContentStudio. The ui is modern, functional and intuitive. It has robust features without cluttery navigation. ContentStudio is a solution for many different challenges that I was facing, eg. the coordination of the different social media channels, the discovering relevant content, for curation and inspiration, formatting the content once found and working with different teammates. Another bonus is the degree of training and "how-to's" about using the products that they provide.

Cons

Lack of JotUrl support is a big deal for me, and nearly a deal killer. They have said that they intend support JotURl soon, so that will make ContentStudio a perfect option.

Tim M.

Secret weapon in your arsenal of content

Reviewed on 2019/05/12

This is allowed me to generate content on a regular basis for a few of my blogs and also keeps me personally in the loop with new news and updates.

Pros

Content Studio is super intuitive and easy to use. When I first got it I was a bit confused about the power it had, however after using it for over year it is now my go to solution for just about everything. You will love this application if you struggle with getting content daily.

Cons

To be quite frank, I don't have things that I don't like about this. They keep rolling out new features, it's easy for me to use, I love the integrations it has... I kinda struggle to think about a negative drawback from it. :/

Robert E.

All in One Social Media Tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Content Studio pulls together all the tools you need for social media content marketing. You can research topics, write content and publish content for multiple sectors within the application. The software is constantly being developed and support response has been quick and helpful.

Pros

The application allows you to pull together all your social media accounts into a single working environment. It is easy to log in and quickly locate a piece of content to which you can add value and re-share to your audience. The automated Hashtag suggestions and url shortening are particularly useful during this process. You can also recycle evergreen content, integrate RSS Feeds and create automation recipes in order to save time with your social media management. I have yet to utilize the full potential of this wide ranging social media tool as it still seems to have more features that I have yet to integrate into our social media processes.

Cons

The application allows you to pull together all your social media accounts into a single working environment. It is easy to log in and quickly locate a piece of content to which you can add value and re-share to your audience. The automated Hashtag suggestions and url shortening are particularly useful during this process. You can also recycle evergreen content, integrate RSS Feeds and create automation recipes in order to save time with your social media management. I have yet to utilize the full potential of this wide ranging social media tool as it has more features that I have yet to integrate into our social media processes.

Muhammad yulian N.

All in One Social Media With Powerful Automation

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

I am satisfied using this product. Its better than any other product that i have tried before and it continiously update. Its very useful for me especially when it comes to Social Media Management things.

Pros

I have bought this product around 2 years ago and start using it for my social media management. Its very robust and easy to use especially when you have many social media to manage. Content Studio has many great features especially content discovery and its powerful automation for schedule our social media.

Content Discovery allows you to look up on many niches topics and filters it based on specific genre such as blogs, articles, and more. You can select many topics and then schedule it to your social media or blogs.

Its very useful for people who want to save a lot of their time to manage their social media and blogs. You can dedicated your day maybe 1 or 2 days to schedule your social media for 1 month using Content Studio, its really awesome.. isnt it?

You can also analyze the post that you have publised using Content Studio and gain insight on it. You can analze which post gets the best engagement and post it again to your other social media.

With Content Studio you can grow up your social media better than any others.

Cons

It still not many Content Discovery from my local Country (Indonesia), it still focus on getting info on Top Countries and Global News. Its understandable because to have every content on every country will takes alot of time and i can have patience to waiting for it.

Joshua R.

LOVE ContentStudio.io, my #1 software for social media research and engagement

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

My experience has been amazing, ContentStudio.io is my (by far) most frequently used software for social media posting and research. Rep. and his whole team are excellent, truthful and transparent people and if you decide to choose their competition over them, I guarantee you WILL REGRET IT.

Pros

ContentStudio.io has totally changed the game for my business, including changing the game for all of my B2B clilents (whom all sell B2C on social media). We're able to take all of our social media presence to a whole new level, so much so that we've factually been a part of bringing more revenue into businesses that needed the boost.

Cons

The only thing that wasn't my favorite but was a necessity was the transition to V2, but to be honest, I have been with rep. and the team for a while now and they were transparent through the whole process. The end result was so worth it. I am literally a lifetime owner of the software and with my lifetime subscription they included all of the V2 updates (which they didn't have to), so I am grateful. No complaints here.

Leah P.

ContentStudio is absolutely worth it!

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

My engagement has gone up. It's easy to fine relevant, interesting content to share. The evergreen posting and ability to repeat posts is extremely helpful. The way ContentStudio organizes everything on the dashboard makes it very easy to keep tabs on what's been shared and what's left to share. I really love the software!

Pros

I have been more than satisfied with ContentStudio in general. It has made sharing on social media and most importantly, having the right content to share on social media, so easy! I get really great engagement from the posts that my VA and I share from ContentStudio's discovery tabs and now having the mobile app allows me to share quick updates and last minute things to my SM followers as well. And just today, I had a really great experience with customer service/support! Adil was so helpful and ready to jump on a call with me in an instant to figure out my issue. It actually took a minute for us to connect because of time differences, but he was always kind and patient about finding a time and today we finally did - he solved my issue within minutes!

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. It really has made everything so much easier.

Adam F.

A neat social media automation app

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

It automates the social media for us, saving a lot of time in the process.

Pros

The tool helps us to find share-worthy topics on the web and helps to decide the best topics with the viral potential.

The social media posts can be scheduled ahead across the major social media platforms. The best post can be even republished for later with a few clicks.

Further automation can be achieved by connecting ContentStudio to a feed for the total hands-off approach.

All in all, if you are serious about your social media presence, I suggest you give ContentStudio a go...

Cons

The discovery module could be hit and miss for some niches, especially for the more specialized topics the results are just average.

Jason D.

Excellent content curation software at a fraction of the price of Buzzsumo!

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

Content Studio is an excellent content curation software which costs a fraction of the price of rivals such as Buzzsumo!

Find trending topics in your niche, use RSS feeds for your favourite sites, link all types of social media accounts to curate engaging content for your tribe and establish yourself as an authority in your niche.

There is even the option to do much of this with full automation if you like which could be incredibly powerful once you have managed to narrow down on highly focused keywords for your content. There are numerous automation "recipes" to help you to determine the most appropriate style of automation to use to ensure it is as effective as it can be.

Support has been very responsive thus far and are open to suggestions which is good!

In all honesty, I can probably ditch Buzzsumo and Buffer and just switch all my content curation to Content Studio in the future as it does it all under one roof.

All in all, a great platform to use for all your content curation and scheduling needs.

Cons

There's not a lot to not like if that makes sense! The UI is modern and clean, but it can be a bit slow and unresponsive at times, but this may be because they have just had a spike of new users joining through an AppSumo deal.

Sometimes the articles it pulls in are not that relevant (but to be fair, that is the case for all these curation softwares) but you can exclude keywords to make the logic better.

I have had issues using RSS feeds where I can only add a couple and then any attempt to add more results in an error saying that "this feed already exists," which obviously it doesn't. However, I have just got off a call with their support who says that this will be investigated and fixed soonest.

I wish there was a way to unshorten links on the fly, similar to Buffer, but there isn't.

So, only a few minor niggles.

A hidden gem with huge potential

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

This has 100% helped us easily manage our own social media as well as clients, a robust daily tool with great support always willing to help. This is a very strong contender in this market place and one we have easily decided to back. We look forward to seeing how this grows and develops.

Pros

We like the way the software helps you research topics and helps with ideas on what to post. Also helpful is the way the account can be split into separate sub-accounts for managing multiple clients. It has got some great integrations, especially with url shorteners and also has UTM embedded! We love the scheduling features, we think these are ahead of its game.

This software is already superb and has got some serious potential.

Cons

There are still some improvements that can be made, but these are not so much as in "cons" as they are potential updates on a roadmap. We would like the ability to set the times when repeating a post, also to be able to add to the queue and repeat a post at the same time.

Maybe add a section with already created pics/images/memes to share?

Kevin F.

Brilliant Piece of Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

I have 6000 posts on my website and 30,000 images. This software makes it easy to publish a post just before that season starts and then repost it regular throughout the season so that you catch more viewers .

It also makes it very easy to send out a post as often as you like meaning you do not have to worry about it getting the views it deserves.

A really good piece of kit that I have combined well with other software to help my websites get far more traffic through normal views and from social media.

Pros

Makes it easy to get your posts out and to re-post content regularly that you want people to see on a daily basis. This allows you to publish your post and then to draft post the same post for republish time and time again.
This allows viewers who may not have been looking on a previous day to see something that you may have written about months before, and with this comes more traffic to your website every month.

Cons

I am still not fully up and running as V2 has just been released. More videos than what were offered with V1 would be a great start.

Tim P.

ContentStudio is best in class. I do not believe there is another product that can come close.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Absolutely saved me hours and hours with my content. The easiest tool I've ever had for finding highly relevant content. Made my life easier!!

Pros

The best source for content I've found. So easy to use, truly anyone can use it. Searching by keyword is awesome. Using both Feedly and your own feeds is fantastic. The superior automation allows me to schedule for weeks in advance always knowing I'm get top notch content. Also the ability to preview the full content prior to selecting it.

Very nice feature to put your own groups together really allows you to find what you want instantly.

Waqar and his entire team are incredible if you need help or have any questions. Many others could learn a lot by how they take care of their customers. They make you feel like they appreciate you.

For me ContentStudio.io is NOT optional. It's a must have and I used it every day.

Thanks again to Waqar and your entire team. We appreciate you!

Cons

What I like least about it is .... the fact I didn't find it until last November!! There's nothing to NOT like about ContentStudio.io
In my opinion there is none better.

Mark Y.

ContentStudio makes social media management easy

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

I have gained a lot more traction on my social media accounts since I started using ContentStudio. I like that I can set-up auto posting projects and they run for months without me touching anything.

Pros

ContentStudio is easy to set up and use. No need to create APIs is a big plus. Adding social media accounts and blogs is a breeze. Once you get set-up, finding trending articles, videos and memes is actually pretty fun. You simply select an item to share, edit the post with your own hashtags and even pictures and select what websites and social media accounts to share to immediately or schedule and boom! That's it. You can also automate sharing. ContentStudio is constantly being upgraded and improved with new features being added on a consistent basis. Overall, this is one of the best marketing tools I have ever invested in.

Cons

Sometimes a few features stop working temporarily, but support is very responsive and any issues are fixed quickly.

Social media marketing how I want it to be done

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Highly recommended if you want to have a well planned social media strategy that includes both your own content and other content that is relevant for your target audience.

Pros

I've used dozens of social media tools over the years, but all of them have quirks that make them slightly less than user friendly. Some of them seem pretty good on the surface, but then are lacking in key areas. I am pleased to say that when I found Content Studio I found my social media marketing tool of choice.

Content Studio makes it so easy to find and post relevant content. Everything you need is just a click away such as keyword specific research, scheduling, editing posts, etc.

But there is lots more to Content Studio that you only discover as you start to use it proactively, and it is all of those bells and whistles that make this such a highly useable tool.

Cons

There are a few features that I would like to see improved such as the Campaign feature, but I understand that is already in the works. Other than that, this is a superb tool that just keeps getting better and better.

Content Studio Saves You Time and Makes Your Social Marketing Easy!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

Content Studio has a very clean and simple user experience. Once you connect your accounts it's very easy to start syndicating content to your various platforms. They even have an app on IOS and Android for content publishing on the go...

Cons

The only thing missing for me is integration with snip.ly, but really it's not a big deal and I might convert over to Replug.io anyway.

Dustin D.

Great tool and great team!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

I’ve contacted their support team, and they’ve always been helpful and friendly

Pros

At first I was on the fence with content studio, I enjoyed using hootsuite, buffer and a few other social tools better. I kept checking on content studio and watching it grow and wow!! The team just keeps building it out and improving it. I love the content feed and ease of posting, using replug. Very cool tool for social media management.

Cons

The learning curve can be a little tough because there are so many tools. It’s easy enough to get the hang of after a few minutes.

Mark H.

Build the content you have dreamed of!

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Clear benefits are time-saving and a big variety of content to utilize.

Pros

ContentStudio is the proof that easy content distribution is doable! There is a little learning curve, but here is where the excellent support team comes into play. I had just some questions which could have been answered by chat or email, but I got treated to not one but two onboarding screen sharing sessions. Adil and his team showed A class customer support. During the support sessions, we came up with some great to have functionality but is currently not available. These points were written down to discuss with the team to evaluate for feasibility. Very pleased with that level of interaction. ContentStudio alone is more than worth getting to get your content out there on your social media channels. Combined with their sister companies product, Replug, you have a real powerhouse; shorten, track and optimize your links with catchy call-to-actions, retargeting pixels, branded links and powerful analytics. I advice getting both products as they are beautifully integrated.

Cons

There is not much that I don't like. Integrations with more third parties would be stellar but are being actively worked on as I type. More enhanced team settings, which I requested, are planned as well. Would be nice to have it now already, but that can't be counted as a Con.

Gaurab D.

End to End analytics of topics trending in Social Media and content curation

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

I m very satisfied with this tool and it beats the other similar tools by its comprehensive functionalities.
I have patronized contentstudio and not looking for any other tool for managing social media content as of now.

Pros

The UI of ContentStudio is very sleek and it helps me find the trending content in the niche I m working.
It also helps in Content curation and Syndication across various social media.
The Automation module helps in saving lots of time by automatically syndicating content.
Overall an awesome SAAS app delivering exhaustive features to manage the content for social media accounts.

Cons

Its still in the making but few cons are like the composer module is not upto the mark compared to other tools available in the market for on page optimization. A lot can be done there but of course I understand this feature is not the forte of contentstudio.

Bintu laraba A.

Manage Social Account With Ease

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

It's been a nice experience using it, we've been able to increase content reach and engage more audience.

Pros

Managing social media can be challenging when the right tools aren't implemented. I remember how I was always online tracking the latest news, writing posts and getting tired when I started using social media then. But with ContentStudio, I can easily schedule my post and also recycle them when I want. I can easily track mentions, engage with relevant topics in my field and also increase my awareness. I also track analytics to know how well my content is performing. To manage your social media accounts better and curate quality content easily, ContentStudio is the right software to look out for.

Cons

I haven't noticed anything discouraging about this software. It makes content management a lot easier for me.

Rami M.

Content Makers Swiss Knife

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

I highly recommend it.

Pros

It makes both creating and curating content really simple. I like the feed management and content finder, but the real power is the automation part. The workflow ContentStudio allows is simply brilliant. The team behind it are really helpful and accept suggestions and welcome feedback. I worked as a social media specialist for a while, and now starting my side hustle ... glad to be using ContentStudio as it offers the best tools to manage large scale campaigns in one well-designed workflow.

Cons

1- Think more muting features should be added, in addition to graphical feed sources manager.
2- Support target response time can be improved.

You need some contentstudio.io

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

I work full-time, hustle part-time and feel like I have no time to pour into my hustle but with contentstudio.io I can create on the go and when I get a second of downtime and feel like I'm making headway.

Pros

I love how contentstudio.io provides you everything you need to deliver content to your audience that keeps the relationship fresh, delivers value and eases the burden of having to manage multiple marketing platforms, creating fresh content and the constant burden of posting something that is relevant and of high value for them. If you create but need help curating this is for you. If you curate but want to do it better, this is for you. Oh, btw they did a refresh of their app and it is boss!

Cons

Still really putting it through its paces but I'm overall pleased so there's nothing negative right now.

Travis M.

Content Studio

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Pros

Always Adding Features
Constantly Evolving
More than keeping pace with others

Cons

Adding features means more learning
But there is very little I dislike about the software