Showing 51 reviews of 41

Travis B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Cant Get Any Better

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Overall using Avanan has been beneficial to my organization eliminating spam and notable Phishing attempts fast.

Pros

The product is super easy to use, it is very informative and reactive in terms of triage and trauma.

Cons

I wish they had a cell phone app for readiness.

John B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Avanan: Takes some time to dial in, but once done, Whoooa Moma!

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

The interface is very straight-forward, and allows you access to powerful features out of the gate such as rules-based policies that can be changed per mailbox; I really like being able to create custom queries, save those queries and then use them to check on emails and how the policies are dealing with them.

I'm also a large fan of how I can change an email and release or quarantine and email that is mistakenly released. Before I'd have to go and use PowerShell scripts I wrote to deal with all of these tasks and that takes forever.

Login Events, analytics, and the ability to inspect email in the cloud without having to download are all killer-app functionality that is implemented flawlessly.

When I've run into issues, Support has been very quick to respond and as such, even the Tech Support Manager has gotten on calls with us to support us, and make sure all is dialed in as well as possible and tuned for us.

All in all, I can't rave more about Avanan. Better price-point then competitors and much much easier to work with. If you want to be able to implement in under 15 minutes, THIS is the platform for your business.

Pros

Avanan took legitimately less than 10 minutes to set up for our trial, and hooking it into Office365 was easy and straight-forward. Unlike competitive products that we looked at that have intermediaries that can be snooped and then gamed by Threat Actors, there is no outward signal to the "Bad Guys" that you are deploying Avanan.

Cons

Tuning will take a little bit of time, but this is the "Nature of the Beast" in Security.

Jacob S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Email Security that works

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Pros

Avanan catches most spam before the end user gets a chance to see it. The whitelist and blacklist rules are fast and easy to set up on the fly.

Cons

Querying for emails can be clunky. Certain times it simply won't produce results though I'm sure I have the correct flags set.

Steve B.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Email filtering that works - Avanan

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Well if you want to discuss the implementation... it was less than 5 minutes and closer to 3 minutes to setup. My systems will continue to learn over time with the AI capabilities but, in general, it is a service which is what I expect to pay for and not have to do the work for the solution.

Pros

I would have to say the simplicity of use is the "most liked". I do not want a solution which I have to babysit or maintain. I wanted a solution which works out-of-the-box and continues to protect. That is Avanan.

Cons

Overall there is nothing which comes to mind, as "like least", as the solution is much easier to operate and more accurate than my prior solution.

Gabriel G.

Eradicate phishing emails and track suspicious login activity all in one platform

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

We had an ongoing issue with phishing emails bypassing Office 365 filters and transport rules and a number of our staff would click on these phishing emails and subsequently have their accounts compromised. This has been virtually eradicated since we have been on the Avanan platform. With so many platforms to deal with, we're happy that anti-phishing has become almost a set it and forget it process.

Pros

My initial impression with Avanan was fantastic as I was able to get fully provisioned on their platform within 24 hours. We first started with a trial/POC that gave us insight on how the service would work; we decided to initially go with the service for a year. We have been very pleased with the results. The service detects virtually all phishing attempts and quarantines the email. We set up several policies in an intuitive manner to deal with certain types of email. We also have the ability to get alerted on anamolies that Avanan detects as well as being able to delete a particular email out of all mailboxes.

But those outstanding features take a backseat to their support team. I measure a company's competency and confidence in their product by how good their support team is, and I have to say they are amazing. They respond to my initial inquiry within a few hours typically; their support team is very knowledgeable and kind and willing to explain what process they are going through to resolve an issue. You can have every confidence that if there is an issue on the platform or a particular licensed feature you want to configure, the Avanan team will get you up and running quickly and professionally.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. There are very rare instances where I will get a phishing email that bypasses their engine, but after reporting it to Avanan's support team, they submit these particular emails into their algorithm to prevent those emails from rearing their ugly heads again.

Juan C.

Avanan Works

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

We are solving a lot of our phishing and email malware problems. I use it on a daily basis and can definitely see it blocking harmful content that would otherwise end up on our users' mailboxes.

Pros

What I like most is the ease of use and support. It is fairly easy for me to find something in the Dashboard and when I do have a question or require support, Avanan's team is quick to answer. I also like that you can add or remove security services. The ones available are reputable ones.

Cons

The only thing I wish Avanan could do is strip emails from our users' mailboxes in the event a bad email made it through to multiple users. It would just make it quicker to prevent them from seeing it. Avanan does, however, have the ability to quarantine emails in groups so that is a good work around that.

Mohammed R.

Avanan - The World's leading Email Security Solution

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Pros

The Software is highly rich in functions, features & my experience deploying this Software has really helped the Customer to prevent their emails from bad actors.

Cons

I don't see any Cons to comment, it's a best software

Chris L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Avanan is a Must Have

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

I cringe every time I look at the portal to see what used to be getting through to our end users before we implemented Avanan.

Pros

The product was easy to implement, is reasonably priced, and does a fantastic job of protecting our end users email from attacks.

Cons

Creating a block rule from using their query could be improved some.

Sergio L.
  • Industry: Market Research

Easy to set up, and seamless to use.

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

It was very easy to set up and it got rid of all spam and phishing attempts to my company.

Cons

It takes a bit of time manually quarantine emails.

Nicole W.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy installation; quick layer of added protection

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

Extremely easy overall process.

Pros

Liked that you could try before you buy, so we could fully understand the value of purchasing the software. Was extremely easy to implement.

Cons

The software is dependent on Microsoft classifications; which can be off and lead to false positives.

Rick G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Avanan - Game Changer

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Avanan has been a game changer, we are an Accounting firm that has documents flying around all day when not being used via portal. We have clients/ contacts that are regularly compromised and we have been recipients of phishing / malware injected emails that have been stopped by Avanan. It is the best platform I have used in my 20 year I.T career.

Pros

Game changing setup being behind Office 365 without having to change MX records or disable / bypass using the security tools with Office 365. Think of it as adding a bigger turbo to your car, bolt on and go!

Detonating attachments in cloud, amazing phishing engine, and extremely easy to setup and use. Less than 30 mins to setup.

Cons

I have had zero bad experiences or poor experience with anyone from Avanan's team or the product.

George Z.

Avanan Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

We've had great success using Avanan as one of our security layers for email. The fact that Avanan sits infront of Microsoft ATP filter is great as it gives us capabilities that other security solutions can't offer. We've also found that ATP, Proofpoint, and Mimecast don't capture everything, and it's great to increase our security posture by layering different solutions to work in tadem, and Avanan is a great addition

Pros

The modular "a la carte" design and ability to choose between multiple security vendors to suit the organization's needs while providing an effective security layer to one of the largest attack vectors today - email.

Cons

The web gui is not very intuitive and can be a little tricky to drill into at times

William Y.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

A Great Produt for its Value

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

Overall, my experience has been very positive. The support is great and again they have a habit of listening and making changes.

Pros

I very much enjoy how the application is API based instead of working as a MX record. This can complicate things and makes it easy when needed to bypass and just have e-mail sent out directly to users should issues arise. (Instead of having to wait for MX records to be changed.) The interface is well-made and fairly intuitive and Avanan has a good habit of taking advise when issues or delays are noticed when using there interface.

Cons

The whitelist does not always work. Users receiving messages from multiple domains with the same name have a habit of getting caught even when whitelisted.

Evan P.
  • Industry: Higher Education

All Around Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Avanan is an excellent product. Setup and installation takes no time and you start seeing benefits immediately. My favorite part of this product is the ability to easily mass delete phishing messages from users mailboxes. It is able to give you great insight to what unauthorized programs are being used on the network with the Shadow IT reporting category. The Data Loss Prevention section makes it easier to manage your sensitive data by blocking or encrypting email messages automatically. Avanan also gives you insight to login attempts in an easy to read dashboard. The added benefit of being able to scan OneDrive and SharePoint to search for malware makes this product a no brainer. Avanan blocks more phishing and spam than Office 365 by itself. If you use Office 365 and you want to enhance your security to take advantage of all the cloud opportunities this product is just the thing you need.

Pros

The ability to remove phishing messages from users mailboxes easily.

Cons

I couldn't find anything I didn't like. It sounded like they are always improving and adding new features as well

Joseph P.
  • Industry: Insurance

Excellent Email Filtering

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Pros

Avanan has been one of the better purchases we have made. It has caught many suspicious emails that Microsoft Office 365 filters have missed. Very easy to use and configure. Very accurate, we have had very few emails released after they have been identified by Avanan as phishing or malicious. Support has been very good when we've made service requests. Would definitely recommend this for anyone looking to improve their email filtering.

Cons

I don't really dislike anything about the product.

Gilad S.

Avanan is the best email security app

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

As a company that loves SaaS apps, we found Avanan as the best solution for us by protecting us from security incidents, spammers, and phishing attacks.
just about few days it prevents and quarantines a phishing attempt in our organization.

Pros

The highest technology based on AI with the capability to manage and control in one single dashboard which is so user-friendly makes it super powerful!
Avanan doesn't require an agent or any installation

Cons

Very few cases of false-positive, not something that others not having but with the great responsive answer from their support it's like invisible.

Jeremy C.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best change to our email security we have made in recent years

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Pros

As phishing and other attacks continue to grow for our clients Avanan continues to protect them and it gives us piece of mind as an MSP. Since switching all of our clients over to Avanan we have had a greater success rate of blocked unwanted emails and less Helpdesk tickets from end users. It saves us a lot of time and energy.

Cons

No complaints so far. Easy to use and setup. Very effective in the cyber security arena.

Brandon B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great visiblity and extra security

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

It's an extra security blanket that has allowed us to see affected users and pin points areas of security that needs to be beefed up.

Cons

Overall a great product, could ease the use of search queries and tracing threats.

Sean G.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Game changing email security and mitigation!

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

Overall experience is that we are very pleased with this product. It's rarely problematic and we have no issues getting responses and results from their tech support.

Our business lives in emails, so getting safe but timely emails is critical to our business. Having Avanan assist us on the human side with their team of professionals takes the pressure from me to manage quarantined and reported emails. Avanan does it all for me.

DLP has also been well automated. Our current setup warns and gate-checks any outbound PII and PCI, automatically forcing EUs to think twice before divulging sensitive data. At a management level, I can easily keep an eye out for possibly leaks.

Pros

It is fairly intuitive to use, integration was well supported and they are responsive and communicative when it matters. In a business such as ours that relies on email, this product cuts down on the noise a great deal, allowing us to focus more on business. Support is extremely responsive and they seem very focused on pleasing their customers. The system is swift to pass through data, so we see very little to no degradation of email delivery speeds. The management of questionable emails or DLP is easily decided by end users, almost in real time or by IT management - depending on your easily customizable setup.

Cons

Avanan has still not implemented the ability to simply block by TLD extension, such as .jp or .cn . Their UI can be a little unwieldly at times, but that said they are keen on improving their product and very responsive to user feedback.

Troy P.
  • Industry: Utilities

I can't say enough good things about Avanan.

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

The product is great and the one time I had to get help for something they walked me through the needed config change right away. It wasn't a problem, but something I wanted to change.

Pros

We had emails that bypass Office 365's spam and phishing filters. Avanan prevents our users from clicking on things they shouldn't. We didn't know how much got through until we deployed Avanan. Speaking of deployment, it was simple. Of all the software we use, Avanan ranks at the top of the ones I wouldn't want to be without.

Cons

Nothing at all. I used to look at it every day and now I just look at it every once in a while. Maybe once every two to three weeks.

Jesse G.

Email security on the go!

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Overall experience has been great so far. The administrator can login and monitor from anywhere making it a great flexible tool and its very good when it comes to tracking malicious activity within emails and has great protection from spam and malware emails sent to the personnel of our organization and finally, its DLP tracking is robust enough to review any potential data leaks.

Pros

The "Shadow IT" service is one of best feature the solution has to offer. The insight gives us the broad vision over the 3rd party services being used. This technically helps us understand the sites and services used by the company personnel and the risks which follows with them.

Cons

No major dislikes as of now. But the support they provide solve most of problems we face.