FireDrum Email Marketing Reviews

FireDrum Email Marketing

Email marketing and engagement solution

4.5/5 (209 reviews)
Alexander P.

Firedrum's Email Product, Customer Service and Personal Experience

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

Firedrum has a great interface. You can bulk import with duplicate detection. You can either use the drag and drop interface (which is easy for an absolute beginner), use a WYSIWYG editor, or upload traditional HTML upload for email gurus. They have Email on Acid to help work out email client compatibility issues. (Not every emails show the same depending upon the code.) They do a preliminary spam check with Spam Assassin with notes on how to lower your spam score. One can send test emails. Once you have your email ready, you can schedule an email, automatically resend and integrate into social media like Faceook. You do have the option to setup RSS to send email and use Google Analytics to track engagement.

Regarding customer support, they have a chat service and phone service. I have found chat service faster and easier since I am already in the Firedrum portal when I have a question. I have used the phone service about 3 times during the our company's use. No problems.

They do listen to their customers. They had Email on Acid and then stopped. I requested the feature back. During their revamp of the product, they brought it back.

Overall, I am happy with the product. We use it for a white-label for our various magazines and newspapers. I am on the technical side and find it easy to use. We do have sales reps, who are not and don't have a problem with the drag and drop. They used to charge per account and now charge per email address block. It looks like everyone is now using that convention. It is a small company in comparison to Constant Contact and MailChimp, so you get to actual know people on a first name basis. They have been around a while and don't foresee them going anywhere. Both Firedrum and our company are in Phoenix, so it is good to know that we are helping local businesses (If you care about that sort of thing.)

Pros

I like Email Acid and the Spam Assassin filter.

Cons

If the RSS feed was easier to use. Right now it requires someone to code something. While Firedrum does offer a service to do it for you for a fee, it should be easier to use. Even if you do something just for WordPress, it would be progress.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

Hi Alexander,

It's a pleasure to work with the team at Times Media Group. Always feel free to reach out if you need any help, or feedback on your email marketing campaigns.

FireDrum Email Marketin

Betty W.

FireDrum Took My Marketing to the Next Level

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

I use Outlook and you can't send out to over 50 contacts at a time. I have grown to nearly 600 contacts and need to be able to do my marketing effortlessly and FireDrum does that for me. Also, I own a real estate licensing school and tell all my students about FireDrum... hope you are getting a lot of business.

Pros

I like that my campaigns are always available to change for the next class I am offering. I very seldom have to create a new one. However, now that I know how to create them, I can do so in very little time.

Cons

It is not the software... it is the lack of customer service on the weekends. A a sole proprietor I often set my marketing up on the weekends and if things go a wry I have to wait for help. Maybe that has changed because, frankly I haven't have any issues for some time now. On the upside of that, once issues are discovered they are correctly quickly.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

We appreciate your review! We hope that you're able to continue to use FireDrum for all of your email needs! I am sorry to hear about the lack of service on the weekend and I wanted to let you know that I will mention this to the support team.

I also wanted to let you know that I'm scheduling account reviews right now to help our clients with deliverability, open rates, and click rates.

If you wanted to schedule one, please email me at [email protected] or call 480.699.1524

Peter O.

Firedrum is a brilliant marketing tool!

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

Out business sends hundreds of email campaigns each month, and with Firedrum it's a breeze. The uncomplicated system, and the support start always ready to go and aid with any issues, there's nothing we can't overcome. I'd definitely recommend Firedrum. It's a great marketing tool, and it always feels good to know you're supporting a local company. Thanks Firedrum!

Pros

Fast and easy. Staff are always there to help with any issues. Just a quality product!

Cons

With the number of eBlasts that we have, it can take a while for all the campaigns to load. Also, the new updates have had some kinks that are being ironed out.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

Hi Peter,

It's a pleasure to work with the team at Lee & Associates. Always feel free to reach out if you need any help, or feedback on your email marketing campaigns.

FireDrum Email Marketin

Eric B.

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Simple to send out newsletters whether you have 100 subscribers or 25,000. Their stats dashboard makes it easy to keep up with things, especially what subscribers are most interested in. We have had an excellent experience with this company.

Pros

I have been using Firedrum Email Marketing for quite awhile. The online software used to be somewhat difficult to work with but the people at Firedrum have made it mush easier to use and more simplistic. They have cut my time sending out our newsletters substantially by consistently upgrading their software. I am very pleased with their ability to keep their service on the cutting edge. I would highly recommend them.

Cons

How difficult the software used to be but it is not any longer. I have absolutely no cons to list for their service.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

I wanted to let you know that I'm scheduling account reviews right now to help our clients with deliverability, open rates, and click rates.

Timarie M.

Been using FireDrum for over 10 years and they are best practices!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/25

What a fantastic team! the entire support staff, FireDrum goes above and beyond to make sure my team and I are satisfied and that any problems we face are addressed and rectified within 24 hours. We really couldn't ask for a better partner.

Pros

Our agency uses FireDrum as a solution for many of our in-house clients and we do so with complete confidence. We like that we have the choice of a DIY method or a fully managed, customized service and we can adapt for each of our clients based upon their respective needs/wishes. Additionally, the fact that FireDrum continues to add functionality and value to its software just allows us to pass that value onto our clients. It's not just another email marketing platform...it is so much more. As an example, we now have the ability to implement automated drip campaigns! FireDrum does not disappoint, and the affordability makes it an even smarter choice for us all.

Cons

I think some parts of it aren't labeled logically, but I also feel that is a personal preference.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

Thank you, Timarie!

We are so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with us! We hope that you can use FireDrum for all of your marketing needs.

I wanted to let you know that I'm currently scheduling account reviews to help with open rates, clicks, and deliverability. I'd love to help your clients succeed.

Jamison D.

I have used this email solution over the years and have watched it get better and better!

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

Increase in all our email campaigns resulting in +350% increase in sales coming in through this channel. We use this product internally and as well for our clients. Our business has grown because we use this email marketing solution.

Pros

I love the new email editor that allows me to create my own custom email templates to use with my campaigns. I'm not restricted and can be as creative as I want to be. I can make my templates match my brand easily. I also love the easy to understand reporting and the open boost feature which re-sends my campaign automatically back out to my list members that didn't open the initial send. This feature has greatly improved our open rates and click thru's. With this solution, I feel like I'm in control. Best of all the cost when compared to other email tools in hands down way more affordable. I would recommend to anyone to try out this solution and see for yourself how much of an impact that Firedrum can have on your email marketing goals.

Good system for email marketing and management

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

communication is key with so many options for subscribers and FireDrum provides the tools needed to engage my audience on a regular basis while managing my list to its maximum efficiency and ROI.

Pros

Easy to get started and fairly easy to use. Really good for a beginner and/or a scaling company whose revenue is growing month over month.

Cons

Nothing outstanding about Fire Drum. Pricey compared to some competitors for 10,000 contacts.

6.0/10
Kate T.

Love looking like a Pro!

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

They answer the phone. They may have to research but problem solving is no big thing to FireDrum. They keep our business looking fab - online - with emails - mobile app is great.

Pros

It lets me customize my emails to match what’s happening for this week. Different size blocks allow products to be showcased in just the right way. Being a small business owner, FireDrum makes my emails look (as my employees say) legit, not cookie cutter emails like the other email companies.

Cons

Not holding different customized statement for that week so that you can’t copy and paste into another section.

Brain T.

Best email marketing solution i've used.

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Non-Profit Discount, Volume Discount, Drip Automation, Mobile Friendly Editor are all great!

Pros

We've used other email marketing tools for various reasons over the years, but still always come back to FireDrum's email marketing tools and advice about best practices. We, finally took the plunge a year ago and moved all our subscribers over.

The email editor and template manager is so easy to use. The contact management is also advanced but easy to use.

Cons

Limited automation options nad no transactional options. Although they said these will be avaiable soon.

Kate M.

Easy to use, great customer support!

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

I have been working with FireDrum for over three years now and absolutely love it. The support team is always there to answer my questions! They recently switched to a new drag and drop editor which (truthfully), has been a bit confusing, but my customers seem to love the new layout. I recommend this to any business looking to send out quality campaigns with a return on investment.... Especially small businesses! My monthly priced was practically cut in half when I switched from Constant Contact.

Pros

Great price, great support team and great looking campaigns!

Cons

At first it was confusing to learn and remember how to access the different features.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

Hi Kate,

Thank you taking your time to leave a review! We appreciate the feedback. Let me know if you would like to schedule a time to review your email marketing. Send an email to [email protected] or call (480) 699-1524

www.firedrum.com

Cameron C.

Customer Service is night/day better than Constant Contact

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

I used Firedrum at a previous job that was local to Firedrum in Arizona. After relocating to Seattle with a new company, I immediately transferred us off of Constant Contact and over to Firedrum. It was cheaper, more user-friendly and when you call, the guy that answers the phone is able to immediately help you! I can't tell you the headaches I had before and how relieving it is to get an answer in three rings of a phone and somebody that isn't clearly outsourced from a third world country. It's been two years at this job with them and I have nothing but good things to say.

Pros

Very user Friendly

Cons

With there was a grid system that I could drag and drop pre-made photos in for the correct size and able to link from there.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

Hi Cameron,

Moses K.

Signing up to FireDrum and setting up an email campaign is as seamless and painless as I hoped

Reviewed on 2018/05/20

Ease of sending out emails without much hustle.
It is very easy to manually add lists or to import from third party sites
There are a number of customer care channels that really reduces time spent looking for solutions to problems
FireDrum is generally a good and affordable service.

Pros

I loved the fact that they offer email templates to ease the creation of email accounts. The delivery rate on our emails was quite satisfactory with the majority of them getting past spam filters.
The tutorials that appeared when setting up campaigns were well timed, helpful and non-intrusive.
The animated drag drop and preview features really helped the non technical members of the team create professional looking emails within a really short time.
The last page where one has to confirm details before publication is a nice touch that I haven't seen in many competing services. It helped us make sure that all details were in order, a lot of mistakes were found and corrected in this final page

Cons

the dashboard is quite cluttered making it hard for a new user to know what they should be focusing on.
The bright red bars at the top and bottom of the page aren't exactly visually appealing. I feel that the messages being portrayed in these red bands could be done with a pop up on the site or sent as a form of notification email.
While the functionality of the service is on point, the UI badly needs a makeover.
I would have loved the free plan to have a higher sending limit. 100 is too low when you consider competitors in the space

4.0/10
Duke M.

The Best Kept Secret in Digital Marketing

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

FireDrum offers a powerful tool for email marketing with all the bells and whistles you need, in an easy-to-use platform. Their reports are very useful and tell you everything about your campaigns.

However, their most awesome advantage is their support to their clients. Nobody, not even the big names in email marketing, come even close to the support FireDrum provides.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Detailed reports
- Great features
- Awesome support

Cons

- Not well-known in the industry yet

Sheryll D.

*****Serious Results******

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Its a good software, that actually got me results, finally not just another online scam!

Pros

This software was pretty easy to use, and I got results, its definitely worth using especially if your like me and you have tried a billion other things, none of which worked, the anticipation is crazy! This one works!

Cons

It costs a little bit but it was well worth it!

7.0/10
Jay M.

Tucson Jay

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

Always get answers and solutions. My internet skills are rudimentary but FireDrum personnel always are understanding.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Attaching to email.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

Hi Jay,

Grace C.

Great way to manage and analyze email lists

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

This made us streamline into one program, what we were using 3-4 to accomplish. It is much easier and simpler to do it all in one, including images!

Pros

As someone who owns a small business, we have many clients who utilize email lists. Firedrum is an easy way to simplify the lists, the analytics, and the process of sending and creating emails. It was intuitive and simple to learn, also. We were also able to import contact lists right into the program. It also allowed multi users which was necessary for us. I liked that you can also automate to create email funnels.

Cons

The AB feature is a bit clunky, and could use some smoothing out, but fairly minor.

Shannon M.

Great way to keep our customers connected

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Firedrum Email Marketing is very useful to our seasonal business, because it allows us to keep contact with our clients even in the off-season.

Pros

Relatively easy to create professional looking emails and newsletters for our small business.

Cons

A little cumbersome in the area of creating lists and groups.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

We appreciate your review! We hope that you're able to continue to use FireDrum for all of your email needs! As I'm sure your client's also know, It's a pleasure to be able to work with Miller's Bay Farm.

Karen E.

I could not ask for more!

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

Professional service, always looking for a way to improve my internet presence...which means I look better.
Thanks Firedrum!

Pros

Accessible

Cons

Don't have any

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

HI Karen,

Thank you for leaving a review! Let us know if you would like to schedule a time to review your email marketing. Send me an email at [email protected] or call me at (480) 699-1524

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Overall, the experience was excellent. Makes streamlining your email marketing incredibly easy and increases both open rates and engagement. Highly recommend!

Pros

The email studio was great for creating templates and the autosender was also super helpful!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind that I would consider a con to the software.

Jenifer G.

Rosie on the House Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/25

FireDrum is a great marketing solution. We are able to communicate with our Homeowners with ease and when we need assistance, FireDrum's response time is very fast and helpful.

Pros

It is easy to use. Very simple control / plug and play software

Cons

Some of the editing ability when you want to get very specific with design or want to save space can be limited. There are a couple more block styles that should be created and made as an option

Howard F.

Never let us down

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

We have used the Firedrum team for 10 plus years and they have always exceeded our expectations. Customer service and a product that works is a winning combination.

Pros

It is simple enough that I can use it. That's a much bigger statement than you may think.

Cons

No Cons from our side

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

Hi Howard,

Thank you taking some time to leave a review! We appreciate the feedback. It's always a pleasure to work with the team at Community Tire Pros and Auto Repair. Let me know if you would like to schedule a time to review your email marketing. Send an email to [email protected] or call (480) 699-1524

www.firedrum.com

Lisa S.

Keep up the good work.

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been happy with FireDrum during the course of our partnership. While we have gone through a few different main points of contact, I know the work will always be complete and the team is responsive.

Pros

Easy to use, good reporting.

Chuck S.

Best Email Marketing Company

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

Using FireDrum has been a major marketing piece for all of our clients. Not only do they have the best prices but the editor itself is super easy to use and the resend to unopens (OpenBoost) is really awesome. I highly recommend FireDrum for anyone currently using email marketing.

Pros

The OpenBoost technology is awesome and the new drag and drop editor is really great.

Cons

No complaints :)

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

Hi Chuck,

It's a pleasure to work with the team at Boostwave. Always feel free to reach out if you need any help, or feedback on your email marketing campaigns.

(480) 699-1524
[email protected]

Christina F.

Satisfied customer

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

I have been extremely satisfied and pleased with the ease of use and comprehensive functionality of the program. Since my company is multi-dimensional, there are several employees who use FireDrum for various aspects of our email marketing, and to date we have had no complaints and our open rate and click rate has increased by at least 20% across all campaigns.

Pros

Functionality and ease of use.

Cons

It's not cheap, but absolutely believe it is worth the investment.

Great Email Builder to Make Professional Templates

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Great customer service and support. Very responsive and always able to talk to real people.

Pros

The drag and drop email builder, Template Options, High Sending Limits, Deliverability, Customer Service/Support, and Affordability.

Cons

Would be ideal to have additional automation functionality.

Response from FireDrum Email Marketing

We appreciate your review! We hope that you're able to continue to use FireDrum for all of your email needs! We hope to be adding more automation features in the future.