Sched

Event management for conferences, conventions and school.

4,6
4,7
4,4
4,6
4,7
Heather B.
Industry: Fine Art

Sched is my best friend!

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Communication is the main problem that Sched solves. It's an at-a-glance snapshot of an entire evening that easily drills down into specifics. It invites interaction, so that's another communication problem solved/helped. I couldn't be more thrilled to have Sched working on my event's behalf. Thank you!

Pros

What DON'T I love about this software? I love that it does whatever I want--I love that it's accessible and can be organized in so many different views, I love that it's embeddable on other sites, that the links to individual events are shareable, that it's COLOR CODED. I guess if I had to boil it down, I love that Sched creates a central place where my entire event can be housed, with all its moving pieces and participants, and that it's equally friendly to internal and external audiences.

Cons

I might be missing this, but it might be fun to be able to upload artwork for individual sessions. I've also had people ask for a maps function, so it might be cool to be able to see all my venues on a map or diagram, with addresses attached.

I'm sure I haven't even begun to understand all that Sched is capable of. I just love that it works for me every year and that my users are getting more acquainted with it, so. . . thanks for staying consistent and continuously improving our experience!

Company size: Self Employed

Think of it as the streamlined Everbrite app for both attendees and organizers

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Don't think of this web service/mobile app as a replacement for Everbrite. Think of it as a complimentary app that can quickly turn volunteers into productive teams and for users to avoid the bloatware of Everbrite as an option. Very impressed and thoroughly satisfied with Sched.

Pros

I recently started using Sched when volunteering at an international business conference. In addition to Everbrite, we were trained on using Sched for checking in attendees and managing custom schedules for workshops, seminars, etc.

Though it has less features than say Everbrite, Sched feels much faster and streamlined (especially on my older mobile devices). Fast loading and transitions.

The minimalistic UX/UI makes learning how to use the app simple for even non-tech-savvy users.

I really liked the website integration. It was very smooth to get people to register or sign up for events then have those events make up a custom schedule for attendees in the mobile Sched app. With thousands of attendees and dozens of workshops a day, we never ran into any technical issues.

And I like their cute logo as well :)

Cons

I didn't have any issues with using the app but the only hiccup was explaining the name to others who have never heard or used it. I think for non-native English users, the single syllable abbreviated name was confusing.

Response from Sched

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback.

I'm so happy to hear Sched streamlined your event and love that we could "quickly turn volunteers into productive teams." This is exactly something we strive for every day.

I've passed on your kind words to the whole team -- you made our week!

Lane S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Horrible Customer Service

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/11/20

It wasn't too difficult to get everything set up, but we needed a human to help us select the right package to purchase. It was way too difficult reaching someone and we were actually told that no one could assist us for at least another week because that department was going to a conference.

Pros

We liked that if needed, you could print out the schedule.

Cons

There is no customer support. The only way to reach someone for assistance is to find a spot on THEIR calendar for them to call you.

Response from Sched

Hi Lane, I'm very sorry we were not available for a call right away when you reached out. As a fully remote company, we take one trip a year to do big-picture planning and foster connection. We will be working together to create a better system for handling inquiries during our future off-site team events.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

James C.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent package and service

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

We used to publish our own website with conference info; it had the basic info, but it was hard to keep the pieces consistent. Now we link to the Sched site from our event page and attendees find everything there. Speakers can post their pix and handouts and complete/update their profiles and send e-mail blasts to all who signed up for their workshop. We got good reporting and from it (and Google Analytics) see a high engagement rate (not just page views; over half set up accounts and created a personal schedule). This is all from their lowest service level/tier; higher levels integrate more with registration/payment etc., but we already have an online store and used it for front-end registration.

Pros

One-stop shop for event management: attendees, speakers/handouts, exhibitors, rooms, messaging, feedback, social sharing....

Mobile-friendly site and app for participants to create/manage their schedules, submit feedback, share content, etc..

Smart import/export/update

Responsive personal tech support

Good pricing plans especially for nonprofits

Cons

We ran into a couple of small limitations (e.g. can't embed image in e-mail blast), but we found workarounds and Sched team is using our feedback to improve their platform.

Kristen T.

Couldn't Do It Without Sched

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

We are a preK-12 school district that hosts a yearly EdCamp in which teachers sign up for workshops delivered by their peers. Sched is a huge time saver, in that it allows us to communicate directly with presenters and attendees, to control the schedule, to create room signage, to add venue maps, and to generally make the day run smoothly. It saves paper, as we don't have to print all those workshop overviews (which we were always doing at the last minute because we had to chase people down for them!), and helps us control the numbers of people attending workshops so they are not overbooked. I don't know how we would be able to do this at this scale without Sched!

Pros

This software takes so much of the redundancy out of event organizing. No need to copy and paste information into twenty different locations, or to type in email addresses multiple times. It is a huge time saver!

Cons

I would like to be able to add a bit more design to the room signage (but it is a hugely helpful feature). It would also be nice for workshop presenters who are also attendees to have their own workshops in their own schedules, without it looking like they are taking up a seat.

Marci B.
Industry: Government Administration

Go to Conference Scheduling App

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

Sched works seamlessly on computers and as a smartphone app. As a conference attendee, I loved how events were coded into different categories, with different colors representing those categories. I also liked how you could create your daily schedule ahead of the conference, and receive email alerts about the events you were scheduled to go to. Sched also allows you to schedule multiple things at the same time, which is key at a busy conference where you have many events and sessions you would like to attend. This capability allows you to see the possible events you've already narrowed your choice down to, but does not restrict you to one.

Cons

I did not like how in order to select events to add to your calendar, you had to scroll through every session/event on every day. The app was not dynamic enough to restrict your options to only one category of events. Similarly, when the conference day was over, you could not easily go back and look at all of the sessions that occurred the day before. To do that, you had to go use the web version.

Ami F.

Sched.org review

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Pros

It's easy to import and export to Excel. Messages available to several types of attendees, and automatic emails with attendees' sessions.

Cons

Missing some automatic refreshing of screens.

Kelly F.
Industry: Higher Education

Love this Event Scheduling software

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

The folks are great! So responsive when I need help, and have a great sense of humor. They keep things fun :D

Pros

I really like the ease of use, both for the admins when putting the schedule together, and the speakers and attendees in figuring out what's going on and where to go.

The feature that sold it to us is that presenters can upload their presentations directly to their presentation description, so it's so easy for them to have everything they need at their fingertips.

Cons

I can't think of anything, honestly. It's a really great product.

Susan H.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Sched’s intuitive design taught me how to conference-plan

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

We are building momentum for professional development by keeping Sched as the “look” of our event for the past three years.

Pros

Visually appealing and professional, easy to collaborate with facilitators and speakers to add their own session info, great feedback reports. Support is fast and super helpful. Appreciate the discounted rate for educational/non-profits.

Cons

Some people want a print program, but I feel great about supporting our organization’s sustainability initiative by using an electronic schedule. Easy to update as needed, too!

Industry: Education Management

Sched is helpful in my everyday life

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Pros

Sched is a very great program and intuitive of my needs. Highly recommend to the workplace!

Cons

I have nothing to complain about. It's a great program.

Eva B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Well worth the investment!

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

The sched team was extremely helpful, timely and consistent. If I had a problem someone was always on it within at least an hour. They make it easy to build out this app!

Pros

Sched is our "go-to" conference schedule for our annual conference. As the one who built out and managed the conference agenda, I found Sched very easy to use, update and edit as needed. Our conference attendees also appreciated the layout of the app and fetures it comes with. We decided to go with the "native" option of the app, which was definitely worth the price. The native sched app made it easy for us to customize the app to our branding needs. It also made it easier for our members to find in the app store.

I really enjoy the ease of developing this sched app. Thankfully, sched provides you with formatted spreadsheets, to make loading your conference agenda much easier. They saved me a lot of time, (though, Idid have to go in and edit each individual session because we have multiple presenters for a concurrent session.) Sched's CMS for editing descriptions is pretty straightforward. I am also EXTREMELY grateful for the opportunity to upload .pdfs to each session. This came in very helpful this year.

Favorite features of Sched: spreadsheets to make uploading and developing easier, the ability for attendees to rate sessions (giving us great follow up data!), ability to attach .pdfs, .jpgs, .docs, to each individual session, ease of assigning speakers to sessions, ability to add in exhibitors/sponsor information.

You can't beat this price.

If you are looking for a conference app that is easy on both the management end and the user end, I would suggest Sched!

Cons

The only bad thing I would ay about sched, is that it doesn't have as many fancy detures or plugins like other conference apps I have looked at. While there are some things I wish I could have added to our conference app, at the end of the day they weren't missed nor needed.

It's also not the most robust app, so if you have multiple presentations in a concurrent session- it's not an ideal product for that.

Industry: Computer Software

Sched offers great value plus great support

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

This makes it so much easier for our conference attendees to read descriptions and customize schedules. It is inexpensive and easy to use.

Pros

I think Sched's customer service is TERRIFIC. Every time I had a problem or question, they responded promptly and helpfully. When we first used Sched in 2017, we had lots of questions about integrating it with Eventbrite and displaying it in particular ways, and their support made it so easy. We returned in 2018 because we had such a good experience. Overall, Sched is very easy to use and customize.

Cons

Sched is still lacking some features that would be useful for academic conferences, but their customer support team has indicated that they are giving them some thought. Specifically, author order is alphabetical (except in the admin area and on Android phones), and multi-paper sessions aren't easy to group together. For this, we've tried two different hacks, neither that good. Nonetheless, these weren't deal breakers!

Sharon B.
Industry: Education Management

Great way to manage your schedule for conferences

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Overall this app was so easy to use and allowed me to get the most out of the conference and all the activities being offered over the four days I was there.
We are now highly considering using this App for our adult programs during the summer. I think using this App will allow our participants to have access to information about all the great lectures and events we offer during their time at our camp.

Pros

I recently attended a work conference in Boulder Colorado and they used the Sched app for managing the conference schedule. Sched is really user-friendly. I loved being able to check the app to see what my next session was and find the location of my workshop. The review feature allows you to review a session once it is over. This is great as it helps get really in the moment feedback.
There are so many great features on this App for example having a directory of all the attendee helps you to find people that you meet or remember names of contact you made.
Once of the best features is the information is live and can be changed if a correction needs to be made. There was a venue changes for the first evening event of the conference and the organizers were quickly able to make that change a few hours before the event.

Cons

I wish you could include a map of the venue on the App. It does give you the location, however, their is no map to reference within the App. Luckily our venue was small and being able to move from one workshop to another was not a problem.

Cheap Affordable App for Conference

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

Sched is really simple to use. They have fantastic customer service. The price was very affordable for our budget. They are constantly developing their software to provide more services. We have over 250 events during our conference and they have a smiley face rating system and we were also able to post a survey for each session.

Cons

There are a few reporting functions that are not available. Some were there before they updated their system and others features would be nice to add. We'd love a push notification on schedule changes. We'd love to download a report that included speaker bios or an alphabetical list of speakers and their sessions would be ideal.

Allison K.

We love Sched

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

This is the first year we used Sched for our district wide technology conference we have every year. We are so thankful we did. We have more data, are able to share session resources, are able to get session feedback, and have a great community of teachers through this software. We will be back for more, Sched!

Cons

One thing I would love to see is a few different levels of permissions within the software. We would like our speakers/presenters at our conference to be able to see their session attendees and have more information about them, even if a user has set themselves up as private.

Response from Sched

Hi Allison,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Sched! We look forward to working together again.

We're brainstorming on better ways to handle the private profiles for speakers/presenters and we'll keep you posted on any changes.

Mary P.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Amazing for simple, visually apealling, and easy to use event organization.

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

I wish I could use Sched all day everyday, but unfortunately only get to use it a few times a year. My experience has been the best I could expect from an organization.

Pros

Sched is easy to use behind the scenes, but also very very user friendly for those attending the event. Many options available through different sized packages, very few limitations as far as designing goes. Customer support is THE BEST of pretty much any company I've ever worked with. We've been using Sched for over three years for events and have never been disappointed.

Cons

To find something as a con, I'd have to be pretty nitpicky here. It's perfectly functional and I never feel limited or frustrated by it.

Arthur G.
Industry: Education Management

Simple, effective, responsive and intuitive

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Managing our many annual events is much easier and more available across digital and print platforms using sched.

Pros

Easy to organize and update. Simple for many of the contributing staff to use and access. Clean UI. Straightforward and easy to update with changes. Very responsive help.

Cons

No ability for direct p2p interaction. Harder to print attendee lists in a well-formatted way.

Response from Sched

Hi Arthur,

Thank you so so much for taking the time to share your experience with our platform. I know Nick on our team documented your request for p2p connection so we'll be in touch when we start to tackle that.

Looking forward to working on more events together!

Sched review

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Positive. I highly recommend it if you have the money in the budget.

Pros

The Sched app is a great option for managing events where attendees will register. I only have experience using it within the field of education, but was very pleased. The best aspects are the:
1. customer support and online help
2. ability to categorize sessions
3. ability to link with social media platforms
4. quick uploads with spreadsheets (importing)
5. visual layout of schedule
6. user-friendliness for attendees
7. mobile-friendly website and app

Cons

I have no real major concerns to submit; however, I would point out that our attendees were confused by one feature (which was not Sched's fault). Attendees can "register" for sessions on the app; but we used this feature so that attendees could more so plan their schedule and find back-up sessions, not to actually reserve spots. It would be great if this was an actual feature somehow.

Cecilia S.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Sched has been amazingly useful

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/28

We have used Sched three times for campus-wide conference style events with over 100 sessions each, attended by 600+ people. It is easy to use for the event admin, and provides a clean user interface for the attendees.

Pros

The simplicity of use by the event admin. It's well designed and sensible. The bulk upload for speakers and sessions is fantastic! And the customer support has been very responsive. We like the way it generates sessions/room, also - we print them and tape to the door.

Cons

The attendee's individual schedule should be easier to find (they don't expect to have to click on their photo). I have struggled to find info in the help section - it's a little had to find details.

Craig O.
Industry: Education Management

Everything in a single website

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

I love not only the ease of use, but the fact that it lets us run so much closer to paperless! Far less waste! =)

Pros

I love that it organizes everything in one place. Also, we've (IB Dunia) used it for our teachers' conference since 2014, so people know it, and are comfortable with it. I like the ability to upload speakers and sessions from CSV templates.

Cons

I entered a speaker's email incorrectly, but never received a bounce notice, so she didn't receive the invitation, and I didn't know this until the last minute. :(

Paul S.
Industry: Entertainment

Great for our event cruise

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

Pros

Sched is extremely intuitive, with a great UI, and works very well with pretty much any platform. Our users find it very useful.

Cons

From an organizational (i.e., behind-the-scenes) standpoint, it would be incredibly helpful for Sched to include either schedule events that are visible only to admins (to allow for things like sound checks, private events, etc.), and/or fields within entries that are similarly visible only to admins (for things like an event's tech/staging needs, etc.).

Industry: Events Services

Great Tool for Planners

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I work with quite a few non-profits and Sched provides a quick and easy platform for hosting an online agenda that does not break the bank. Its extremely easy to use and the customer service department is ready and willing to quickly assist it if needed.

Pros

It's really easy to use and fits within my clients budget. Sched provides a quick platform for posting an online agenda that allows for survey feedback, sponsor exposure, and speaker highlights.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software.

Carmen R.
Industry: Events Services

SCHED HTH

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

It's probably a great software for people that use it consistently but for user's like me - who only use it once a year it's not so great.

Pros

It's ability to allow us to create an online agenda with workshops, deep dives etc. for our event attendees; it's ability to let attendees enroll for workshops etc.

Cons

We only use it once a year for a very large event and I feel like I have to relearn it every year because of changes that have been made to the software.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Religious Institutions

Outstanding Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

It was easily accessible to me and all of our users. Not difficult to use (with a few exceptions that the amazing customer support people worked through with me). It helped engage and excite our conference attendees and prospective attendees!

Cons

Some of the changes to the formate between last year and this, were a bit challenging, but ultimately resolved.

Melissa M.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great success

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Experience with Sched was great. We've used this app a few years in a row, and are very happy with it. Customer Support is awesome as well!

Pros

The ability to have multiple admins make changes and the ease of use are what we liked best for our event. Out of 120 people of varying technical comfort levels, no one had an issue.

Cons

Some improvements to the mobile experience would be great.