Ricochet

Retail & Consignment Point of Sale System

tammy

Absolutely the best software for your business!

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

My overall experience has been phenomenal from customer service to the user friendly software for a newbie like me!! Literally customer service walked
me through how to do a closeout 5 months in a row...until I realized how truly simple it was to do. I was the one trying to make it complicated!

Pros

I love have it tracks every sale I have ever recorded from the item purchased to who purchased. For how much was made for store andfor the consigned all the way down to the tax collected!! Also the report feature...at the touch if a button you know weekly sales..monthly sales, how much netted, how much for each vendor...just amazing!

Cons

That I am not able to quickly see what a consignor made for one year. It only has total of all sales and I have vendors who have been with me since I bought the store in 2017. This is very minor since I can easily add up sales.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Tammy! We're so glad to have Craft Connection on board and enjoying the software!

In regards to consignor reporting, we have plans for a serious expansion later this year. We'll keep you updated!

Randy``

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Good. I thought the program would have more to offer than it has, but it still has better functionality than my old one.

Pros

It's a very user-friendly program that makes training a new person easy

Cons

No cash drawer module to help count the cash drawer
It needs a way to make a store purchase without going on the books
I've made several mistakes on pay-outs because there is no "Through Date" on individual Consignor accounts
Too many clicks to get a receipt
Needs a daily Consignor report
Needs a build a custom report function

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Randy! Deeper cash counting and balancing is something we have high on our priority list. Same with some deeper reporting.

Glad you're having a good experience with Ricochet so far!

Stephanie

Easy to Use and Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 2015/11/13

The software is fairly intuitive, but it does seem to have a few glitches. However, rebooting usually solves the issue. A number of times the wrong SKU comes up when the tag is scanned. Not sure why, but refreshing usually works. We've noticed some inconsistencies in assigning items to consignors in the payout reports. It seems odd that when we need to correct pricing or items in the consignor reports Ricochet needs to make those corrections for us. Sometimes it is difficult to scroll through the pages on say the Inventory screen. It only goes so far and you have to begin again or just type in the page number. The credit card reader is a bit finicky. The swipe has to be just right to read the card on the first try. We've had a couple of instances where the receipt printer was spewing paper and we weren't able to clear it, but that was most likely operator error and Ricochet fixed it pretty quickly.
On the plus side, Ricochet has always been available either by phone or chat to answer questions when issues arise. They must work around the clock, since we're East coast and they are West coast! The look and feel of the on screen pages is clean, clear and professional. We only have a few months of experience with the system, but overall we feel confident it was a good choice for us.

Tyrone

Not perfect, but it is a great solution.

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

We needed to streamline the inventory management processes for our store and Ricochet has made a real impact in this area for us.

All of our staff really like Ricochet and have learned the new workflows very easily.

We'd love to see more reporting/dashboards (or an API so we can do our own analytics).

Pros

We love that we can access the system from home or anywhere in the world. The system is actively being developed and improved which is great.

We are about to expand our use of the system to include online sales, which is very exciting!

Cons

The tax setup isn't ideal for Canadian customers who have multiple taxes that are applied differently to different categories of items. Defining taxes at the category level would eliminate the potential for error when entering items.

No visibility into how the data is being backed up is a concern. We aren't sure if the database is being backed up, or how frequently it is happening. To help deal with that, we can manually export inventory and accounts, but this isn't ideal.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Tyrone! Constantly improving and releasing new features regularly is a big priority for us. So thanks for recognizing that!

As our Canadian market grows, we are working on a tax solution to help you all out. We'll keep you updated as that develops.

Also! Good news on backups! Your data is actually processed on multiple servers in real-time and conducts a full backup every 24 hours. We just don't display that anywhere on the software.

Alisa

Ricochet Software Praise

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I am very pleased, overall, with Ricochet Software. IT makes my job as owner and administrator much easier! I have on several occasions recommended this program to others, who have, in turn, been very pleased. Additionally, the support staff is easy to reach when I have questions or problems.

Pros

The Ease of using Ricochet Software is a huge plus for me as I am electronically challenged. If I should run into any problems all I have to do is contact the support team either by computer or phone, and they are always ready to help. Additionally, Ricochet Software keeps accounting details for me so I don't have to spend that extra time working on payouts and sales tax. Ricochet Software, also, figures sales prices from my original pricing in increments of thirty (30) days up to ninety days( the time allotted on my sales floor). Many customers like this feature as it adds to their "hunt" for bargains.

Cons

The consignors payout page only includes a receipt # on their monthly report rather than, additionally, describing the item that was bought.

Response from Ricochet

Hey Alisa, thank you for such high praise! Glad we can keep things running smoothly and save you time managing your finances. We will pass on the love to our support team!

Jennifer Whitney

Best software around

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Great tech support and great software!

Great tech support and great software!

Pros

Hands down best consignment software we have used.

Cons

Not much.... I love it and all of my consignors.

Shopify POS

Reasons for Choosing Ricochet

Wanted the best software out there.

Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

Was told by another user that it was great.

Response from Ricochet

No complaints! Thanks, Jennifer!

Lisa
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

Easy to use. Excellent support!

Easy to use. Excellent support!

Pros

I am a jewelry artist. I have my jewelry on consignment in several different locations. Two of my locations use Ricochet. I love it! It is easy to enter my merchandise and I can see in real time what is selling. That is amazing!

Their customer support was exceptional. I couldn't believe it. I did a software upgrade on my computer, which for some reason erased my label printer software. I reinstalled but it wouldn't print labels. I contacted Ricochet and got [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], one of their IT people. Remember...I am a consignor in stores that use Ricochet...so they are not actually making any money off of me. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] spent over an hour with me trying to fix it. Ultimately he couldn't so suggested I contact Dymo For a week I tried to find a way to contact them...no luck. Next I contacted Microsoft to see if anyone else was having problems printing after the upgrade. That was a total nightmare. Their IT person was in another country, didn't speak English very well, and was reading from a script. It was awful. Most customer service is like that now.
I contacted [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] again today and he gave me contact info for Dymo. I will be trying them next now that I have their contact info!

Cons

The only complaints that I have is that it was a little hard to figure out how to get help. As a consignor I don't have direct access to them. I found their "help" blogs I read an article about label printing but it didn't fix my problem so I gave them a "frown face". They started a chat with me almost instantly.

The the complaint is the jewelry tags that they use. Barbell jewelry tags are awkward to use. I use rat tail jewelry tags with other software. You can actually print a barcode and description with those. I am assuming that would be better for the store also as they would'nt have to hand enter the SKU.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Lisa! We love to hear that both consignors and stores get to have an excellent experience with Ricochet. Please reach out to us if you are still struggling with that label printer. We can give it another shot.

Chris

Converting an existing store over to Ricochet Consignment Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

EXCELLENT!!

EXCELLENT!!
I highly recommend them not only is the software easy to use, easy on the eye and has lots of potential for the business to grow the customer service is by far the best I've ever had!!

Pros

I had been looking for 2years for a software that would make the POS side of the business easier, but also have room for growth and that is exactly what i found. The software does so much more than I am even using at this time. The Customer Support is ABOVE great!! I'm not a techy person and they do a great job helping me solve issues and it's often but it's always been on our end. They are patient and actually get back with you asap. That part is priceless!!! I look forward to growing our business with Ricochet!!

Cons

it's made for bar code scanning and there's a few issues that causes in the converting process because we were doing all manual entry but it's part of the growing pains I guess.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the wonderful review, Chris! Super glad to have Ten Pin on board with us! We will pass on the love to our customer support team. They will be happy to hear the praise.

Carey

Consignment Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

We really like the software and have been impressed with the company and the support.

Pros

Easy to use, pretty self-explanatory. Customer service is always helpful and spot on. In the time we've used it, they've improved and updated the software pretty regularly. Looking forward to more integration with Quicken, as they've said would be coming. I would like full inventory integration. Overall, really good value for the money.

Cons

A little glitchy on the rare occasion - sometimes it does not work as expected. But it is pretty rare. I know that it was originally designed for large item consignment (furniture) and they've improved the functionality for smaller item consignment, but there are still a few things that could be improved in that area.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Carey! We are always doing our best to improve the software and are glad that it is working better for your needs.

Karla

Ricochet review

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

ricochet technicians are always helpful, its nice that at the end of the month all our reports are done, easy to access, cuts a lot of time that we can use in other areas in the store.

Pros

24/7 access to all the accounts
easy setup
multi vendor friendly
easy to navigate
excellent technical support

Cons

the colors display. but not a deal breaker.

N41

Reasons for Choosing Ricochet

didnt have 24/7 access to accounts I had to remember to the end of business to do an end of the day.(close sales for the day) and ricochet automatically does it for us.

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

Response from Ricochet

Woah! A perfect 5-stars! Thanks, Karla!

Amanda

Simply the Best!

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

We are currently in our second year of business and have found Ricochet to meet all our business needs.

Pros

The software is super user friendly. It meets all our demands for running a business yet is not confusing to use. Customer service is always available and willing to quickly resolve any issues. Compared to other consignment softwares, Ricochet is the best deal!

Cons

Easier setup and use with necessary equipment on mobile devices would be helpful.

ConsignPro and SimpleConsign

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

Ease of use, cost, and customer service.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Amanda! We're stoked that you're on board! And we're super excited to be working on the app this year.

Meagan

Makes Our Job SO Much Easier!

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Absolutely great experience overall. I appreciate the approachable customer service any time I do need to call. Very welcoming and friendly.

Pros

The ease of running payouts and payout reports is what led us to choosing this product, but we've gained much more by having it. Previously, we were writing out paper receipts, and the ease of having a register that is integrated with our consignor inventory has been amazing.

Cons

There are some minor details such as needing printed jewelry tags that I have not figured out yet. However, I have already seen improvements in the software since purchasing last year, so I expect it will continue to improve over time!

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Meagan! When using a Dymo label printer, they do have jewelry label compatibility. We'll have somebody reach out to you to help get that sorted.

Germaine

Amazing Product and so EASY to use!!!

Reviewed on 2019/12/22

It was amazing. Would recommend this to anyone, especially those just starting out.

Pros

This software is so user-friendly! Very easy to maneuver the dashboard and the customer service every time I had a question was out of this world!

Cons

Theres not much I did not like! It was all great

ConsignPro

User friendly

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the wonderful review, Germaine! And thanks for recommending us to those just starting out as well!

Christopher
  • Industry: Furniture

One of Our Best Assets and Advantages

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Keeps us organized and easy to use- we plan to us other on-line sales features in the future

Pros

Keeps us on top of our Inventory, Consignments and Daily POS

Cons

Inability to see a snapshot of inventory for a given period

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Christopher! We have had similar reporting features requested recently. We'll be sure to add your feedback to the list.

Bryan

Hands down amazing customer service

Reviewed on 2019/12/21

Pros

The software allows us to manage our customers and suppliers effectively. What amazes us the most is the personal touch and responsiveness of their support team. No matter the time of day there team is available to help!

Cons

Additional sales reporting tools similar to a business intelligence package would be helpful. The data is there just being able to manipulate easily would be amazing!

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Bryan! We're working closely with some great BI tools to influence and direct our upcoming reporting features. We'll keep everyone in the loop as things progress.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

This system helps me tremendously with my productivity and keeping track of so many important things.

Pros

It keeps track of all of my sales, payouts, consignor and customer info. I can easily pull up reports to help with accounting and many other needs. I really like that I can take pictures of items under clients accounts and am able to do payment plans through the system now.

Cons

I cannot put in the cost of an item after it has sold.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Elizabeth! Glad we can keep Bibbidi Bobbidi efficient and productive!

Sara
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Holy cow!

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

This is one of the beat programs around. While looking while opening my consignment store, we came across Ricochet and did the free trail. After hiding the program for 48 hours I knew this was the beat option for us. Easy to use and simple for our consignors to check their inventory and balances.

Pros

How easy and simplified it is, my customers love being able to check their inventory and balances.

Cons

Can’t wait for mobile app update, having that to use on my iPads will be great!

Response from Ricochet

Straight 5-stars! Thanks, Sara! We're excited for the iPadOS release too!

Hannah

We LOVE Richochet!

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Pros

When we entered the consignment business my only "requirement" was that we use some type of software. I researched several different options and loved how Ricochet looked (app-like as opposed to processor-ish). Plus the customer service was so helpful. I talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
a lot early on and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
. They've always been extremely helpful and accessible. I like that I haven't had to go through automation or operators to get answers. They've even been accessible on Saturdays when we had an emergency issue that needed to be resolved.

Cons

To be honest there aren't many cons I can think of. I wish I could add variants from the inventory page instead of having to go to the preferences. As of right now that's about all I can think of.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Hannah! Our team is always so happy to work with you when problems arise. We'll pass on the love to the rest of the team.

Travis

Ricochet Consignment Review - Best for saving time

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Over all for inventory tracking and keeping multiple consigners inventory straight is the best for our business.

Pros

I love the fact that it has a backdoor to have the consignee's check their inventory and that it is so easy come tax time that I can click a report and it is as easy as that.

Cons

The biggest Con for us was the webstore shipping, it just didn't work for our business. We ship way to many small items.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Travis! Your shipping situation is particularly tricky! We may have some online shipping integrations coming up soon that might be able to help.

Judd

This saves my wife and I time and allows more family time.

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

I do like being told what the software company is working on and what we as users can look forward to. This was a huge reason I convinced my wife to go for it with this company.

Pros

The face we can enter inventory from home or anywhere we are is amazing. This may open up many possibilities for our small business.

Cons

I hate change. This software is a little more advanced than my computer skill when you are talking about set up and I was hoping there were going to be more customization allowed for users.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5-stars, Judd! Regularly communicating and informing our customers on what we are building and working on is a big goal of ours! Thanks so much for recognizing that!

Kathryn

The Most Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

This is the first and only software I've used. I did tons of research before I purchased and I have not been disappointed. They have been extremely responsive to my questions and issues (100% of which have been my error).

Pros

The easy of communicating with the company when I run into a snag.

Cons

There are a few reports I with that I could generate that don't exist. Example "Average Monday Sales". I also with that there was a way to change the status on products from "expired" to "picked up" in mass. I haven't found a way to do that yet.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Kathryn! Bulk status updating is very high on our development list and schedule to get built out in Q1 of 2020. So keep an eye out for that!

Brandon

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

We have loved the software and fu criminality. The Ricochet team are great to work for and very prompt in their responses.

Pros

The fact that the inventory is easy to use. Also ease and functionality of then POS

Cons

Not nearly enough customizable reports. Need quite a bit more options there

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Brandon. One of the largest priorities over the next couple of development cycles is how to improve and overhaul the reporting system. Stay tuned!

Susan

Consignor software

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Ricochet makes vendor based business sales easy. Customer service is excellent.

Ricochet makes vendor based business sales easy. Customer service is excellent.

Pros

It's easy to assign sales to vendors and consignors, apply discounts, create reports. Vendors can see their sales instantly.

Cons

It doesn't permit tracking of rent, unless it is deducted from sales. Some reports are hard to follow. It only interfaces with one credit card service company.

Gary
  • Industry: Wholesale

Customer of several years

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

The new version hasn't really provided any new benefits, just headaches and frustration.

Pros

I DID like that we could do individual reports for our clients (both inventory and sales).

Cons

I HATE the new version. A LOT LESS user friendly and not as compatible with our estate sale business now. Looking for other options.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the honest feedback, Gary. Sorry, you're having a rough time with the latest updates. We'll have to reach out and get more details so we can make sure you're having a better experience.

Trina

We love Rico!

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

I’ve found Rico to be user friendly. The help pages and videos have been great.

I’ve found Rico to be user friendly. The help pages and videos have been great.

Pros

Ease of use for logging and tracking sales

Cons

I can’t think of anything negative about this software

Response from Ricochet

Party on, Trina! Thanks for the 5-stars!