Flipsnack

Create magazines, catalogs, brochures and other publications

4,6
Industry: Media Production

Flipsnack Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/25

We are using it to display our print magazine online to web visitors and overally have had a good experience with Flipsnack.

Pros

Very easy to get started. We used several other products that were more expensive, less features and harder to use before finding Flipsnack.

Cons

Nothing yet that we have found but we are just beginning to use it at scale. If I were to pick something I would like to have more options it would be on gating it. We use it on a membership site so I have had to find ways to gate the pages themselves instead of the reader.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for the kind review. It would be very helpful for us to know more about how you would like to gate access to your online magazine. Who knows, perhaps we'll find a solution! Please email us at [email protected]

Jennifer J.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good product, but looking forward to future improvements

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

We have a very limited (beta, really) type of "intranet" which is not very interactive and really only allows for links to information, which with all the employee information we need to put out there, results in a lot of scrolling. Flipsnack allows me to condense all those links into a more dynamic and visually engaging product, cutting down on the clutter of our employee self-service website.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use/self-teach how to use, and I find the analytics feature useful as we had no prior means to be able to gauge whether or not the information being published was being accessed or read. With the analytics feature, I'm able to home in on what topics need to be better promoted to our employees.

Cons

I would like to be able to have more customization ability, such as the ability to size an embedded flipbook (most books are embedded on our intranet and they appear much too small or with too much padding, despite attempts to resize the book in the HTML coding). I'd also like to be able to have the title of the bookshelves appear directly over (or on) the shelf itself so that the shelves could be better organized and easier for readers to understand what topics are on the shelf.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your great review! We're glad to hear that you find the analytics feature useful. Also, when you copy the embed code of the flipbook, you have the option to leave it responsive or set some custom sizes for the embed. Maybe this helps.
Thank you for your suggestions regarding our bookshelf widget. I have forwarded them to our tech team, so stay tuned for new updates!

Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

I really like this, but could be better

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Its a good experience

Pros

Its very easy to use and to adapt to your needs, you have many options to use.

Cons

The page where the flyer is, could be better, like ipaper as an example, you have the flyer in fullscreen.
On Flipsnack thats not possible. (Unless when you pay u have that possibility)

Response from Flipsnack

Hello, We're very happy that you're enjoying your experience with us. We will certainly take into consideration your recommendation. Thank you for your review!

Dan C.
Industry: Entertainment

Text editor bug is a huge problem

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Awful customer service. Clearly outsourced oversees and with little knowledge of the product. No phone number available to call. Waste of time.

Pros

Very little. Basic functions work ok.

Cons

For weeks I have been going in circles with customer service having to prove that the view one sees in their EDITOR mode is different from the published mode. In short, the text box formatting has a bug and you cannot access the html to correct it.

I have sent them several screen shots of the two and the obvious discrepancy and I have been getting back lame answers, mainly blaming me. Today they admitted to the bug. But clearly others would have encountered an error simply caused by coping text boxes! Awful.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Dan,

We're really sorry you had an unpleasant experience on our platform, but I can assure you we are doing the best we can in order to fix the issue that you are currently encountering.

We always try to help our customers the best we can, but it seems like we missed some details along the way regarding the issue you have encountered, and we are truly sorry about this.

Our main purpose is to help our customers reach their goals. While our team tried to investigate and even replicate this issue, we were unable to reproduce the same behavior on our end, regardless of how many times we tried.

In regards to this issue, I promise you that we are not going to overlook the inconvenience you have encountered or place the blame on you, but on the contrary, we are going to do the best we can in order to fix it and to make sure you have a great time on our platform.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Damian C.
Industry: Hospitality

Tried the rest, but Flipsnack was the best for my business

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Allows me to share new products with my customers, as and when I launch them.

Pros

Ease of use and the fact that I can reuse the same code and have updated eBooks for my customers

Cons

I would like to see some of the extra features included in my package, without having to go premium. I am just a small business and enjoy the features of Flipsnack, as well as the practical uses.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Damian,

Thank you for your review! We're very happy that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you would like to know more about our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Jessica K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Perfect for annual reports & e-booklets!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

Flipsnack is incredibly user-friendly -- for those creating with it and those consuming content. It's the perfect tool for our nonprofit for making flip-able e-books of things like annual reports and meeting booklets.

Cons

The only downside is the limit on catalogues we can make -- but that just means we are using the software more than we expected and probably need to upgrade our subscription!

Response from Flipsnack

And perfect for you! Hi, Jessica! Thank you so much for the kind words and the 5 star review. If you would like to know more about our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Richard M.

Using for Professional Development

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/19

BEgan using the free version for one year, then wanted to expand offerings and have been very pleased with the basic vpaid version value for money.

Pros

The way you travel through the information presented is much better than a standard scrolling presentation.

Cons

The platform takes a little while to become comfortable with navigation.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your great review!

Beth Y.
Industry: Hospitality

Creates clean, professional digital content!

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

All in all, we love Flipsnack. We began using Flipsnack because of COVID-19 because we were looking for an attractive and easy way to add lots of information and engaging content to be able to communicate with our membership while we were navigating our "new normal". After we re-opened we continued to use this program and it has completely replaced our former "newsletter" template that we used in years previous. We have received really great feedback from our Members and feel that it adds a great avenue to compile lots of information in one spot and in appealing formats and templates.

Pros

The ability to create a professional looking communication piece for our organization. Being able to easily embed the finished flipbooks directly onto our website. The ability to easily include videos into the flipbooks!

Cons

I find that sometimes formatting the text can be a little finicky. Copying and pasting text from an external program such as Microsoft Word, does not always transfer very clean (ampersand symbols get pasted with additional charcters behind). Sometimes the view appears differently when you publish the Flipbook depending on the size of the text box you had drew, but it looked appropriately prior to publishing it.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Beth, We're so glad that we're able to offer up our services in a time like this. We appreciate your kind words more than you know. Please contact our support team to help you with your problem. If ever you have any questions or problems feel free to contact us. We're always ready to help you with anything you might need.

Michael C.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Online Learning

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/07/17

Pros

With the switch to online education during the global pandemic, my students loved and appreciated the authenticity of reading a digital flip book as opposed to a Word or PDF document.

Cons

The only limitations that I experienced is due to the features of the free version. I’ve previously only used the software once a year for a single assignment, but with the current prospect of returning to online learning, I will speak to my school about a paid subscription so that I can fully utilize this amazing software.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Michael,

We are so happy that you and your students enjoy Flipsnack. Offering free classroom for teachers it was our solution to help in this time when we need to be more united. Regarding our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Dean R.
Industry: Construction

Really easy to use, and gives your business a more professional asthetic when designing.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/07/17

It is a great time saving tool and also gives someone with little experience the opportunity to be able to design content with a lot of assistance and the searchable templates give great guidance on creating professional looking designs.

Pros

I like the searchable templates as they are a great source of inspiration when you haven't got all day to be able to start from scratch on each design task!

Cons

I think that the arrangement, adjustment and editing of individual images would be great if more functionality was added. Mirror flip and degree rotation would be a great addition.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Dean,

Thank you for your kind words! We're so happy that you're enjoying Flipsnack and that you're using our templates. Our team is continuously improving Flipsnack features. Stay tooned for more!

Jan B.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy to Use + Professional Look

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Overall my experience is very good. I like the final product, it looks professional and aesthetically pleasing, the fact that its an online "book" is novel and makes my offerings stand out. I use my flip books mostly as lead magnets, thank you gifts and bonus content for my online programs. I think they present as high quality and special, better than just a regular PDF to download, and the ability to link and add video really help me integrate other content and give the user a rich experience.

Pros

Very easy to upload a PDF and have it quickly turned into a flip book. Background colors and patterns, the ability to insert live links and video, allows for coordinating with my brand and sending viewers to my website or video channel easily. The option to turn off page turn sounds, create gifs, and have multiple formats are great extras. I especially like the ability to have a link to the full screen version without Flipsnack branding or similar publications featured BUT keeping the social share options. This creates a very personalized and professional experience for my clients and importantly prospective clients.

Cons

I find the editor clunky and less than intuitive. Simply trying to add a line of text and a link is confusing. You can not simply drop in a text box and type, and then highlight the text and add a link. Honestly, I still haven't figured it out. For example today I tried to add something to an existing page and clicked on the thumbnail of the page in the right hand column of the editor and for whatever reason that little thumbnail image was now attached to my cursor even when using the back button and going to a previous screen the thumbnail was still there traveling with my cursor. It is helpful to be able to go back to an already created flip book to add new links or elements to the pages without having to go back to the original document and then re-upload but unfortunately I find the in program editor difficult to figure out. I use quite a few tools to create documents, graphics and video including Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Adobe Spark Post, Canva, Word, Google Docs, LibreOffice and more, so the fact that I find your editor a challenge is frustrating.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jan!

Thank you for taking the time to review our platform.

We're very sorry that you're having a difficult time with the editor. Our goal is and will always be to make work easier.

That being said, we've made note of the thumbnail issue, and will look into it.

If you have absolutely any other issues moving forward, please contact our live chat experts. They will be able to assist you in a matter of minutes.

We very much appreciate your honest opinion!

Eduardo L.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Eduardo Lina: My review of Flipsnack

Reviewed on 2020/03/07

It is very good indeed. I have been using the product for the Six-Year Kugel High School for several years. The school management is quite happy with what I have created because it gives us the possibility of documenting lots of school activities in a way that neither Facebook nor the school site does. I have also used Flipsnack to document other learning activities. Flipsnack allows me to share them easily and have the contents organized the way I want to.

Pros

I like the different options for creating Digital books/ Brochures , etc. I find the new Flipsnach very easy and convenient to use when I create Digital Books in BOTH Hebrew and English. The same happened when I created Digital Books in Spanish with the old version a couple of years ago, too.

Cons

The uploading text feature for Hebrew needs improving. Since Hebrew is written right to left, I have to use the function that moves the text to the right so that sentences begin on the right part of a page. The problem, however, is that punctuation marks still appear as if the writing was done in English / Spanish, etc. (Latin Characters). Sentences that en in mid-line appear as if they were written from right to left. Appropriate fonts for Hebrew might be added, too. I guess the same applies for Arabic writing.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Eduardo,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a great review, and bringing the punctuation issue to light. We were unaware of this problem, but we'll see what we can do to fix it ASAP. We'll keep you updated on the progress.

Lara G.
Industry: Media Production

Happy with Flipsnack overall but few improvements suggested!

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I suscribed to Flipsnack as I had to create a project for my thesis in order to graduate from my Masters Degree. I'm really happy with the outcome and I'll really consider to use it back again in the future. I'd like to say that the customer service is excellent and I think they really take the critics seriously, as when I asked them for the improvements mentioned above, I was really shocked and happy they did truly include them!

Pros

Flipsnack is super easy to use, all the tools on both sides of the screen are clearly and well organized as well as nicely introduced. I love the fact that you can either upload your pdf and edit it online or create a whole project from 0. My favourite thing is that Flipsnack provides you with looots of different layouts to create your project (from magazines to photo albums to menus) and that is simply wonderful as it makes you look really pro. I also liked the fact that it allows you to insert videos and links and integrate those (but only in the paid version). Also, it's great that it allows for various people to access the account at the same time so that you can work together while making the changes!

Cons

When I first suscribed to Flipsnack, I was shocked that it wasn't possible to write in the text boxes with justified text. There were only 3 options: central, aligned to the right or to the left, but no justified-text, so visually that made a huge impact and I didn't like it at all. I contacted the customer service and asked about it and they were really nice and said they would take that into consideration for their next update, and they really did! Now they've improved a lot since they introduced the option of text-justification. Also, I inquired about GIFs a few weeks later. I wanted to add a GIF to my magazine but realized it wasn't possible. After a little while, they updated that too!! So now it's possible to add GIFs and that's great! A negative thing is that when exporting the whole project into PDF the version is actually a bit poor and things move out of place, but the online version stays great.

Response from Flipsnack

What an awesome review, Lara! Thank you so much for the great feedback!

Paul B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Looking For More

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Good, just want it to keep growing, looking forward to more

Pros

I love the start of this software. I think it is easy to use, get catalogues uploaded, love the embedding feature and the ease of access. White label listing really sold this for us, that was a very important aspect although the cost is incredibly high and it may impact how long we have the software. There are competitors that are growing and offering similar features for less. Although we really do love flipsnack

Cons

The white labeling disappears in mobile viewing and the flipsnack name comes back (this is our number one con as we pay a lot of money for the white label and most of our views are mobile based.... so its a little sad that the white label doesnt continue into mobile viewing). We would love there to be MORE, interactivity with the catalogues, allowing readers to click more and do more inside the catalogue. The interactivity is cool right now, but still very small in what you can actually accomplish. Also the flashing target buttons are not the best option, if you could make a product tag that is invisible that could be wrapped around a product, that would be ideal. The flashing targets (from a marketing perspective) can ruin an entire look and feel of a layout. If you made invisible areas we could direct readers to click on products. We would also love if flipsnack would create an area (white labeled) where our readers and customers could login and make changes themselves to the catalogues, add their logo, etc without our help

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the useful insights! I will forward your review to our development team, to see how we could improve our platform and implement your suggestions.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Sujee K.

Flipsnack review

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

It has been great. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a simple, yet quality way to showcase any literature, videos or promoting any of their product/services.

Pros

You don't need to be tech savvy to get started. There are beautiful templates ready for you and a lot of options to customize. Publishing is simple and the entire process from creating to publishing is straightforward.

Also, love the option to download PDF and JPG versions of the flipbooks. I use it a lot when I'm creating a flyer or poster for a project I'm working on.

Cons

There can be minor lags when opening up the flipbook and it would be great if we can get a table of contents widget as an option when building a flipbook from scratch, rather than only having that option available when uploading a PDF.

I would love to see more regular updates with new templates.

Response from Flipsnack

Awesome review and awesome suggestions! Thank you!

Lauren R.
Industry: Consumer Services

First time creating a flipbook -- easy!

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

In general, Flipsnack has been easy to use. This is my first time creating flipbooks. I would love if Flipsnack could also assist with designs and make the editing process easier. It would be great to actually go into my test and make small edits.

Pros

All you have to do is create the pdf and upload. Easy to send a link.

Cons

The links didn't copy over from the pdf. I have to remember to add them in the finished flipbook online. Also couldn't figure out for a while how to not let clients see our other flipbooks. In addition, difficult to figure out how to edit the flipbook online (rather than deleting and uploading a new one).

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Lauren,
Please contact our support about the links situation. If they are added correctly as hyperlinks in the PDF they will be automatically imported in the flipbook, thus save you a lot of time. We'll probably ask for a sample PDF, test it out and see if there's a problem on our end, or we may have suggestions on how to add hyperlinks in the PDF.
We'll also keep your other suggestion in mind, regarding a design service team.
Thank you so much for giving us feedback!

Georgeanne H.
Industry: Writing & Editing

curriculum desing

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

We have an online atlas we would like to distribute to the educational community in Virginia. Flipsnack promises to be a solution to our distribution and access.

Pros

The appearance of the end product--our atlas is absolutely gorgeous and interactive. The ease of publication and the ability to edit and substitute pages online are great.

Cons

I would like add text on the page and then add a hyperlink triggered by the text. So far I have not been ablre to figure that out.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Georgeanne!

Thank you for your great review! If you want to add a hyperlink over text, all you need to do is go to the "link" section on the side of your editor, select "hyperlink" in that window, and then place the hyperlink boundaries over the text.

If you have any other questions, one of our live chat experts can help you in a matter of minutes.

Thanks again!

Thomas T.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great option for sharing documents

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Our documents are really big files, so being able to send the links rather than the files has meant we can now email all our promotional materials to clients really easily!

Pros

We love how easy it is to share all of our promotional material with our clients. The page turning effects are really eye catching and the ability to add video content, and enable download is really important for sales.

Cons

We want to keep all of our documents unlisted, but sometimes we forget to do this, it would be good to have the option to create default set up's as we also forget to list for download sometimes as well. It is easy to go back and change this fortunately though.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Thomas! Thank you very much for your awesome review. The default options feature is a great idea! We will definitely pass it on to our developing team.

Wendy C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Terrible Customer Service

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Not pleasant. Again, my magazine is beautiful but the tools that are available to some for growth, aren't available to everyone and there is no rhyme or reason behind their secret decision.

Pros

I like the ease of setting up and formatting my magazine. Flipsnack has a great interface for creating. It is easy to embed and can be customized to fit any width website.

Cons

They do nothing on their end to help drive viewers. There is an app now but you evidently have to be part of a secret service to have your magazine included on the app. The lack of inclusion in the app is the reason I will be removing my magazine from flipsnack. We needed the app platform for our readers to subscribe and view us consistently. When I talked to customer service about the issue, they did nothing and told me it just wasn't an option for me after not even understanding they had an app. I should have been offered a resolution, and I wasn't. The company itself isn't interested in supporting their customer's growth or giving us the option to create a sustainable product for our customers. Therefore, I'm out.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello, Wendy! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are sorry if you encountered some issues using Flipsnack. We would love to know more about your problem so please reach our Live Chat support and let's make it work this time.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Josh H.
Industry: Automotive

Excellent For Our Digital Magazine

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Overall, I am very happy with Flipsnack. I use it to easily create magazines so that we can have something fun for our audience and also have more places to advertise. I think this will be a huge money maker for our business as we close more clients.

Pros

It was easy to brand the magazine and embed any youtube videos I'd like in it. I can easily find stock images to place in, which is one of my favorite benefits! You can even place them within certain shapes. You can use templates and see some really neat stats like impressions, views, and my favorite... how long they spent on the magazine. Customer service is very attentive and can usually fix my problems or answer any questions that I have. Easy to embed on our website.

Cons

While I appreciate the detailed stats, the stats on clicks seem pretty useless and I cannot get a good answer from customer service about it. I have stats on pages where there is nothing to click and stats on pages that don't exist (stats on page 25 for example when there is no page 25 for that magazine). When downloading a CSV of the stats, it makes even less sense and isn't even congruent with the stats on clicks from the website.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Josh!

Thank you for taking the time to review Flipsnack!

We took note of the issue you're having, and the development team is looking into it as we speak. This definitely sounds like an issue, and we want to resolve it as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience, Josh! We really appreciate customers like you!

Shannon T.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Elevates our Marketing Material

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

Ever job I have gone to, I have introduced teams to this software and they are always so impressed on what it can do to elevate our sales pitches and marketing material. This software allows us to stop with the oversized pdf attachments and link engagement information with video content that sets us apart from our competition.

Cons

Once upon a time there wasn't the ability to embed a video, but after suggesting that a few years ago and customer service keeping us informed it would happen, it has and that's why I am loyal. They listen and enhance the software to work for their customers.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for recommending us! We're glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for your sales team!

Marie L.
Industry: Retail

Awesome software

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Excellent customer service. If I have a question someone gets back to me right away and walks me through the steps. This program makes it easy for my customers to see what products I have on hand and saves me a lot of time.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how quickly I can update my catalogs.

Cons

I sometimes find it slow to go between pages but it could have something to do with the images I put on which make it take longer to load.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the kind review, Marie!
You are right about the images. You can optimize them for quick loading using tinyjpg.com

Cheryl M.
Industry: E-Learning

Perfect Solution

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

I'm using Flipsnack to create content for lead magnets and online courses

Pros

I wanted something different from a slide show presentation, and I wasn't up to speed on videos. Flipbooks offer a fun, interactive component even more engaging than letting people run their own slide show. Also love the multiple ways to share!

Cons

I understand there's a way to edit directly in the flipbook after creation. Found that to be too daunting to learn quickly (my fault, not yours), so I keep going back to the original presentation and re-uploading. Often, I seem to lose my original choices for options like whether to share publicly (I don't actually remember WHICH options, just trying to make you understand what I mean). If I just re-upload the content in an existing file, I'd like all those options to stick so I don't have to worry about choosing again.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi, Cheryl! We are so happy that you are enjoying a lot of our features and that Flipsnack is the right app for you. Please contact our Live Chat support and tell us more about your struggle and how we could help you.

María B.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Excellent Software for me and all entrepreneurs!

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Flipsnack makes my job more practical. This product helped me to achieve my goals and improved the quality of my work. For this reason I choose it every day.

Pros

Flipsnack is really easy to use. It has modern features, like the shadows on the paper and the beautiful noise when you pass the pages. I think that it´s so cool and useful.

Cons

I´m satisfied with the product. I don't have anything to say about cons. Keep on working Flipsnack! You´re on the right way..

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Maria!
Thank you for an awesome review!

Danielle H.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

KwikBoost Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Good experience - I've only used support once and they were very responsive.

Pros

I like all the features and the ability to create documents in the software. We don't use this feature since we design in the Adobe Creative Suite... but I have found this as a good option for sharing content internally and externally.

Like that you can just save over existing files ... really helps us with version control.

Cons

The filing in folders seems finicky. I'll move docs to a folder and go back into the software to find that they aren't in the folder.

I also can't upload docs directly into a folder. This would be helpful and more efficient since right now I upload a document and then once it's published have to move it into a folder.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi, Danielle! Thank you for your kind review and we are more than happy that Flipsnack is the right platform for your needs. We are sorry for the filling in the folders problem. Please contact our Live Chat Support. Our experts will be more than happy to help you.