Flipsnack

Create magazines, catalogs, brochures and other publications

Edwin M.
Edwin M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great value and support, excellent options!

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Overall this is by far the best tool that I have used to create engaging interactive documents and finally have some analytics to process and use to refine future projects and relay ROI to stakeholders.

Pros

This had the most robust user engagement reporting.

Cons

Updates to previously exported widgets aren't timely, I find it faster to create a new widget and replace the old one instead of waiting for it to refresh.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for your kind words!

Jennifer
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Good product, but looking forward to future improvements

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

We have a very limited (beta, really) type of "intranet" which is not very interactive and really only allows for links to information, which with all the employee information we need to put out there, results in a lot of scrolling. Flipsnack allows me to condense all those links into a more dynamic and visually engaging product, cutting down on the clutter of our employee self-service website.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use/self-teach how to use, and I find the analytics feature useful as we had no prior means to be able to gauge whether or not the information being published was being accessed or read. With the analytics feature, I'm able to home in on what topics need to be better promoted to our employees.

Cons

I would like to be able to have more customization ability, such as the ability to size an embedded flipbook (most books are embedded on our intranet and they appear much too small or with too much padding, despite attempts to resize the book in the HTML coding). I'd also like to be able to have the title of the bookshelves appear directly over (or on) the shelf itself so that the shelves could be better organized and easier for readers to understand what topics are on the shelf.

FlippingBook Online

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

Flipsnack is a U.S.-based company, which was very important to our legal counsel. Also, the pricing was reasonable and team option was very appealing.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your great review! We're glad to hear that you find the analytics feature useful. Also, when you copy the embed code of the flipbook, you have the option to leave it responsive or set some custom sizes for the embed. Maybe this helps.
Thank you for your suggestions regarding our bookshelf widget. I have forwarded them to our tech team, so stay tuned for new updates!

Beckie

Flipsnack is fabulous

Reviewed on 2023/09/19

We've had a great experience with Flipsnack and really appreciate the non-profit discount.

Pros

Flipsnack allows us to promote our materials on-line so that readers can easily "Flip" through pages like they would a magazine and not lose continuity while they are reading a multi-page document.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to have additional documents included within our subscription tier. Otherwise, it is great!

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review, Beckie. We are so happy you like Flipsnack this much! Your suggestion will be discussed with the team.

Adianna
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Needs more improvements

Reviewed on 2022/11/14

Overall as expensive as a program is it works out for my newsletter but this will be the last year I use it.

Pros

I like the different tools available to create a newsletter.

Cons

I just like the way you use the name as a pertains to pages which confuses me since I’m American. there are things in the tools that can use an upgrade for a user-friendly approach.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Choosing Flipsnack

I switched because it didn’t have as many as the tools that Flipsnack has.

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

Again because it has more things to choose from.

Response from Flipsnack

Thanks for the feedback, Adianna. It helps us a lot!

Sarah Jane

Flipsnack for the win!

Reviewed on 2023/07/17

Flipsnack helps me to share information and hold archival records for a volunteer-run arts organisation with no funding. The decent price point combined with the usability, professional look and great customer service mean I don't ever want to use another service.

Pros

Amazing customer service. On a particularly stressful issue, (which was my own fault!) I found the customer service to be understanding, human and helpful. A solution was quickly found and I was talked all the way through the process. Professional and clean appearance to audience/viewers.Super easy to upload content and export outcomes - it is a very usable platform interface.Ability to embed published books on websites as well as share links to Flipsnack.

Cons

The pre-made packages are quite restrictive.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review and feedback, Sarah Jane. It helps us a lot! We are so happy you like Flipsnack!

Abbey
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Works great for purposes!

Loved it so far!

Loved it so far!

Pros

It is easy to update and publish content.

Cons

The page navigation rarely works for our stuff. We need to educate ourselves better on creating the bookshelf thing for previous publications but it feels overwhelming.

Issuu

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

Pricing was less with similar functionality

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for the review and rating, Abbey! Please get in touch with our support team whenever you encounter issues like these. They will be happy to assist you.

Ireneusz

An advanced and intuitive tool for publishing content

Reviewed on 2023/09/21

Possibility of distributing publications and magazines on the Internet via a simple hyperlink. Significant reduction in distribution costs.

Pros

Easy navigation in the application, a number of options allowing for a more attractive visualization of the publication

Cons

It is not possible to edit the content of the publication after it has been saved in the system

Response from Flipsnack

Thanks for the review, Ireneusz! I just wanted to confirm whether the publication you mentioned was created from scratch or if it was a PDF that was converted into a flipbook. These are two different scenarios, and our support team would be happy to assist you further. You can get in touch with them via live chat or email at [email protected]

Jan
  • Industry: Sports

Great way to promote our product

Reviewed on 2023/09/25

We use fewer printed brochures nowadays. Flipsnack is the right tool for us to promote our product.

Pros

We offer international tournaments and this is a great way to promote these tournaments in different countries. Especially the video implementation in the magazines is a great tool to give an extra dimension to our presentation.

Cons

No specific items come to mind so we are satisfied

Response from Flipsnack

Hey, Jan! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review :)

Love the fact that you mentioned our video integration tool as it's something that we're quite proud of as well. <3

Michelle
  • Industry: Publishing

The perfect tool to create gorgeous, digitally dynamic magazines

Reviewed on 2023/10/02

We've had a wonderful experience with Flipsnack. The one time that we had to contact support, we were responded to quickly and the issue was researched, escalated, and resolved well. We've been using Flipsnack for many years and have no complaints.

Pros

It's super easy to use and very intuitive. Style and design of the end product is chef's kiss. Additional features like the downloadable gif and link options are great.

Cons

I'm happy across the board with Flipsnack. Haven't come across anything that I don't like.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for your review, Michelle!

Super happy to read about your experience with Flipsnack and our support team! 🤩

Hideaki
  • Industry: Newspapers

easy to use

Reviewed on 2023/09/19

easy to upload, fix pages, Clean UI! i love it.

easy to upload, fix pages, Clean UI! i love it.

Pros

really easy to use. easy to upload, fix pages.

Cons

no Cons...i can't find cons. easy to upload, fix pages.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for the review and rating, Hideaki!

Lara
  • Industry: Media Production

Happy with Flipsnack overall but few improvements suggested!

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I suscribed to Flipsnack as I had to create a project for my thesis in order to graduate from my Masters Degree. I'm really happy with the outcome and I'll really consider to use it back again in the future. I'd like to say that the customer service is excellent and I think they really take the critics seriously, as when I asked them for the improvements mentioned above, I was really shocked and happy they did truly include them!

Pros

Flipsnack is super easy to use, all the tools on both sides of the screen are clearly and well organized as well as nicely introduced. I love the fact that you can either upload your pdf and edit it online or create a whole project from 0. My favourite thing is that Flipsnack provides you with looots of different layouts to create your project (from magazines to photo albums to menus) and that is simply wonderful as it makes you look really pro. I also liked the fact that it allows you to insert videos and links and integrate those (but only in the paid version). Also, it's great that it allows for various people to access the account at the same time so that you can work together while making the changes!

Cons

When I first suscribed to Flipsnack, I was shocked that it wasn't possible to write in the text boxes with justified text. There were only 3 options: central, aligned to the right or to the left, but no justified-text, so visually that made a huge impact and I didn't like it at all. I contacted the customer service and asked about it and they were really nice and said they would take that into consideration for their next update, and they really did! Now they've improved a lot since they introduced the option of text-justification. Also, I inquired about GIFs a few weeks later. I wanted to add a GIF to my magazine but realized it wasn't possible. After a little while, they updated that too!! So now it's possible to add GIFs and that's great! A negative thing is that when exporting the whole project into PDF the version is actually a bit poor and things move out of place, but the online version stays great.

Response from Flipsnack

What an awesome review, Lara! Thank you so much for the great feedback!

Wilfrido
  • Industry: Accounting

Convert your PDFs into magazines instantly.

Reviewed on 2021/02/28

Since we implemented the distribution of our newsletters in Flipsnack we can have an analysis of the users who have access to the content, and based on direct surveys with our staff we know that the reading time of the material has increased by more than 40%, having a acceptance of almost all readers.

Pros

The ease of use of Flipsnack caught our attention since we started using it a few more years ago, we simply upload our internal monthly newsletter and in a few minutes it is ready to share it with all the firm's staff, being able to make it private only for our use internal and highly personalized.

Cons

Sometimes the compatibility of publications on mobile phones is not optimal, and it is something that until now we have not been able to solve with this solution and we return to the distribution of the PDF to solve it. Additionally, sometimes the automatic PDF link detector does not work correctly.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Wilfrido, We are so happy that we were able to help you with the creation, distribution and analysis of your company newsletter. Thank you for your review!
We will certainly take into consideration your feedback. Our team is continuously improving Flipsnack. Stay tuned for more features!

Duval
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

FlipSnack - Best Digital Book on the Market

Reviewed on 2023/07/28

Have been using it at my institution with my student sand staff

Have been using it at my institution with my student sand staff

Pros

What I like about flipsnack is the easy of use and link access.

Cons

Note able to get subscription that can have as many users to institution account controlled by admins or superuser.

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

Better features, look and usage.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for the review, Duval. It helps us a lot!

Joanna
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Good but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2022/11/16

We have been approached by your team a few times if we can have a discussion on how we use it and our needs, since we are a little different of a user. Nice overall, clients really like end result, just wish we can bring the layout end up to our standards a bit more. We have changed our standards to our limitations. Customer service team has always been great.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, has a nice effect when viewing the presentation. Love that we can insert video

Cons

We use the flipsnack a little differently that your publications. We are graphic and content based, and the typography and layout limitations are sometimes very frustrating because they are too basic. There is also no type tracking capabilities for individual words, if you use the generic spacing, it spaces the whole paragraph. Quite basic stuff and may be good for most of your users, we get it. Just frustrating a bit to us. Many times, we have issues when downloading the code and uploading to another website. We would like self hosting option.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi, Joanna! Thanks a lot for the feedback. We are constantly trying to improve the experience our users have with Flipsnack. So all the mentions you`ve made will be discussed with the team. Also, happy you like our colleagues from customer support. They are always here in case you need them.

Myrna
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Flipsnack for Wedding Packages

Reviewed on 2022/12/29

Flipsnack has served our needs pretty well. The final product is very nice but it is not easy to use. I would recommend working on the ease of use for the software/

Pros

It is easy to share and add to an email. The final look of the product is very nice.

Cons

The software is not user friendly, edits are not easy to do.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review, Myrna. Can you please give us more details about the issues you`ve experienced with our tool? It`ll help us a lot to improve it. You can send them to [email protected].

Aulani
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Flipsnack for Monthly and Quarterly Magazines

Reviewed on 2022/12/15

Pros

Flipsnack is very user friendly. Even though we build our templates off of the website initially, I was able to see how easy it would be to start from scratch on the Flipsnack website if someone were to do to that. There are a lot of features that can also make the publication interactive, which is always a plus, especially since it is a digital publication. Editing and publishing is also a breeze, which is a huge win in my books.

Cons

This was a very high level, probably back end con for us, but we were not able to customize the shelf the way we wanted to when tried to implement it on our own website. No fault to anyone, this was probably a specific case for Flipsnack so I can see not being able to customize the shelf on the back end. We ended up creating our own shelf on our website and embedding each catalog individually. This was fine since we switch it out every few months anyways.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for the review and rating! We are pleased to know you like using Flipsnack and find it user-friendly. We will also discuss your suggestion with the team. Your feedback helps us a lot!

Michael
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Online Learning

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

Pros

With the switch to online education during the global pandemic, my students loved and appreciated the authenticity of reading a digital flip book as opposed to a Word or PDF document.

Cons

The only limitations that I experienced is due to the features of the free version. I’ve previously only used the software once a year for a single assignment, but with the current prospect of returning to online learning, I will speak to my school about a paid subscription so that I can fully utilize this amazing software.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Michael,

We are so happy that you and your students enjoy Flipsnack. Offering free classroom for teachers it was our solution to help in this time when we need to be more united. Regarding our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Josh
  • Industry: Automotive

Excellent For Our Digital Magazine

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Overall, I am very happy with Flipsnack. I use it to easily create magazines so that we can have something fun for our audience and also have more places to advertise. I think this will be a huge money maker for our business as we close more clients.

Pros

It was easy to brand the magazine and embed any youtube videos I'd like in it. I can easily find stock images to place in, which is one of my favorite benefits! You can even place them within certain shapes. You can use templates and see some really neat stats like impressions, views, and my favorite... how long they spent on the magazine. Customer service is very attentive and can usually fix my problems or answer any questions that I have. Easy to embed on our website.

Cons

While I appreciate the detailed stats, the stats on clicks seem pretty useless and I cannot get a good answer from customer service about it. I have stats on pages where there is nothing to click and stats on pages that don't exist (stats on page 25 for example when there is no page 25 for that magazine). When downloading a CSV of the stats, it makes even less sense and isn't even congruent with the stats on clicks from the website.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Josh!

Thank you for taking the time to review Flipsnack!

We took note of the issue you're having, and the development team is looking into it as we speak. This definitely sounds like an issue, and we want to resolve it as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience, Josh! We really appreciate customers like you!

María
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Excellent Software for me and all entrepreneurs!

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Flipsnack makes my job more practical. This product helped me to achieve my goals and improved the quality of my work. For this reason I choose it every day.

Pros

Flipsnack is really easy to use. It has modern features, like the shadows on the paper and the beautiful noise when you pass the pages. I think that it´s so cool and useful.

Cons

I´m satisfied with the product. I don't have anything to say about cons. Keep on working Flipsnack! You´re on the right way..

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Maria!
Thank you for an awesome review!

• Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 6-12 months

Simple to use with professional output

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

My overall experience using Flipsnack is great! Plenty of good features without bugs, flaws or glitches. A catalogue easy to create if you have a company but also easy for the customers to flip (the catalogue)

Pros

I have liked that you can have the basic features for free and you do not need to pay to have an excellent output. Of course the free version is enough only if you have a home business as I have had, while if you need a more professional output for a proper company you should purchase the paid version!

Customers can flip the catalogue very easily and also from my side it was very easy and intuitive to create the catalogue. And I have seen no flaws, bugs or glitches

Cons

Actually there is nothing in particular that I have not liked about this software. It offers the basic features I needed for free while you could pay for premium features. No flaws!

Response from Flipsnack

Hello, We are so happy that you are enjoying our features and that Flipsnack is the right platform for you. Thank you for your review!

Jenni
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great but a few flaws

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Very good but sometimes small annoyances and customer service helpful but sometimes take a while to respond back. A bit pricey for added services

Pros

It’s easy to sue with some great features, especially if you have a lot of photos to feature. You can make something that sends easily and is beautifully presented. Love the duplicate page feature

Cons

When i save and don’t click publish it still publishes it which is annoying when you are working on a draft and have not completed it.

I wish there was a line to indicate when something is centered or aligned with something else

No options to have it professionally printed through Flipsnack

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jenni,

Thank you for your feedback! I will forward your suggestions to our tech team. Also, when you start creating a new flipbook, but want to exit without publishing it, you can simply go back to "My Flipbooks" and the flipbook will automatically be saved "as draft".

Alisha
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Flipsnack has been a great tool for our US HR team.

Reviewed on 2022/10/14

My experience using Flipsnack has been positive. It solved some document sharing security issues for our team. Also, it is fun to add engaging videos, audio clips and pop ups to our documents that wasn't possible before.

Pros

Flipsnack allows us to share important information with employees in a sleek format, in the 'cloud,' versus bulky dated email attachments. It is especially nice to be able to update and refresh documents in real time for employees, which then reduces the risk of having outdated PDFs floating about.

Cons

A feature I would like to see in the future is the ability to fully edit text boxes on uploaded PDFs.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for your review. Your insights are extremely valuable!

• Used for 6-12 months

A great way to share Creative Compilations

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Flipsnack allows me to share creations without giving up control of my work. I originally used Flipsnack to turn in creative works to professors and college administrators .

Pros

Flipsnack gives me a way to share digital versions of artists' books I create. Combining text with imagery in tactile books is a limited edition - with Flipsnack I can upload word docs in sections of a complete book (covers, chapters, colophon) and Flipsnack software merges them Into a whole. I do not have paid versions of Adobe products so part of Flipsnack's value is in providing me a pdf version of each book I upload.

Cons

Flipsnack's basIc version is good enough for me, although I do sometimes wish for the up-graded features, but I appreciate the flexability that lets me take down and put up different books to juggle my basic plan limits.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey there! Thank you for your kind words and awesome review!

Jay
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good value for money

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

The overall value for money of this software is good and the help/support has been excellent. Queries are dealt with quickly and with clear results.

Pros

The user interface is simple and easy to use. Hot boxing images to provide cliackable links to videos and websites is great. Providing readers with the option of downloading or viewing simplified versions is also useful. Having clear statisitcs is also handy so that you can better understand your audience.

Cons

Whilst you can build a publication from scratch with only this software, uploading a pdf designed in external programmes (such as InDesign) is better due to the limited design features in comparison. The app for mobiles/tablets is a little limited and could be expanded with more features.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your comprehensive review!

Laura

Make Your Company Publications High Quality & Professional

Reviewed on 2023/01/05

I like the product. I tried it out several years ago and have been expanding usage since then, with about 9 publications at this point.

Pros

This software is easy to use, allows you to customize publications in ways that advance your brand and allow you to present your unique message to clients. This platform allows you to lead with high creativity and appearance in your publication. You can customize the content with images, GIFs.

Cons

Lots of cool features are unavailable other than at the highest price tiers.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review, Laura. Your feedback helps us a lot!