Metrics That Matter Reviews

Metrics That Matter

Learning and development effectiveness platform

1.5/5 (2 reviews)
Mark D.

Metrics That Matter is not user friendly and has lackluster customer service

Reviewed on 2015/08/12

I have been a user of Metrics That Matter for over 2 years now. If you have simple evaluation and reporting needs that can handle delays of 2 or more days, MTM might work for you. If you want to handle more complex projects with faster turn-around, look elsewhere.

Their pre-designed surveys and reports work nicely. The minute you personalize anything (evaluation questions, reporting times, filers in general) anything and everything can happen. This is not a user-friendly interface. Reports are set on the instructor level. Course level info (evaluations, open and close times of evaluations, etc.) does not always connect down to specific classes you schedule. Basically- if there are any problems you have to check about four places to see where to fix it.

This is where customer service comes into play. My salesperson stopped responding to my emails about two months ago. I think I was "to much" for her to handle. If you call in to the help desk you will likely be asked to leave a message and someone will call you back when you aren't available. So you have to schedule help desk appointments. When that happens, I find that the help desk support is more interested in telling you what they know rather than listening to customer needs. I feel I have to be polite so that I don't hurt their feelings. This means I spend twice as long on the phone and get half the information I need. I typically end up spending double or triple the time and finding my own solutions.

Bottom line is that this product is good if you have simple needs but clunky and buggy the minute things go beyond what MTM has pre-designed for "typical" use. They have a rollout planned this Fall (2015). We will see what this brings. The customer support from the sales and help desk teams is less than stellar.

I would suggest getting a trial period if possible to see if you like it before paying for anything.

Paula C.

Too complicated to use and understand.

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

I have been using the software for three years, and it is extremely complicated to use. I submit end-of-semester online surveys and performance anaysis through my college also, but it is in no way this complicated. This program is not user friendly and if given another option for analysis and reporting, I would choose something else.