GraphCMS

Enterprise headless content management with GraphQL

Matthew F.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A truly author-friendly headless CMS

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Our team uses GraphCMS to push breaking news stories to our project’s webpage. The project is a part of a large non-profit initiative and the goal is to feature current content (news stories, celebrity endorsements). Authors are able to quickly add content to the CMS without sacrificing the high quality our readers expect.

Pros

Speaking from the author’s perspective, GraphCMS works really well for our project. We needed a straightforward headless CMS that could be set up very quickly. It allows content creators without any technical knowledge to easily write and publish articles – without bothering our developers. The pre-defined roles and the visual text editor are central to our workflow.

Cons

The project dashboard is very developer-focused. It would be nice to have more information for editors like recently published articles or articles for review.

Ali K.

Develop your website with any technology for any platform because it’s Headless CMS

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

For me, it is a good and lovely CMS that in addition to Flexibility to customizing schemas, Stunning GraphQL API with powerful query and mutation facilities. My overall experience with GraphCMS Excellent customer support

Pros

I like Headless CMS features, Experience a new generation of advanced CMS with modern technologies. In addition to it has many smart features, it is very fast and agile. The support team is also a great professional and excellent friendly team.

Cons

Rich Text editor has some issues and must be solved ASAP.‌ Out of this issue , the rest are all good and excellent.

Markus H.

Great CMS for native mobile apps and progressive web apps

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

My company (a software development house) uses GraphCMS for both our own website built with Gatsby and GraphCMS and for customer projects incl. native mobile apps and progressive web apps.

Pros

Designing new content architecture is super fast and easy with GraphCMS. We are building heavily for mobile devices, so using GraphQL for our content APIs is really helping our app performance. Our developers also love the code autocomplete function and the self-generated API documentation in the API Explorer.

Quite intuitive UI for business users.

Cons

You need to get used to the “headless” way in order to use the system’s full potential.

Hugo M.

Absolutely amazing. Hands down the best headless CMS out there.

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

The benefits are mostly laid out in the pros. To summarize though, I'd say that the biggest benefits are how insanely fast we can now build CMS based products at Blazity. The development time for both the initial prototypes and production versions is substantially shorter thanks to GraphCMS and it's wonderful API.

Pros

The ease of use, slick design, powerful features (and how fast the new ones are being added in) and the fact that everything simply is a GraphQL endpoint makes graphcms a real alternative for wordpress and other cms solutions. every single one of our projects that requires a CMS is making it's way to GraphCMS as of writing this. Godspeed!

Cons

The only thing that really bothered me with GraphCMS is that the customizability and extensibility of it is limited right now. Fortunately it's changing now and the webapp is getting open sourced!

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Great content structure and localization capabilities

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Pros

I was impressed by how easy it is to structure and organize content with GraphCMS. Localization API is amazing. The free version is available, but enterprise plans include some advanced functionality.

Cons

I didn't gey any bad impressions on this CMS.

Tatyana M.

Scalable CMS, great for multi-language content, loved by our marketing team

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

My team needed a scalable headless CMS for our homepage, company blog, and all of our periodic content. Why we chose GraphCMS: rich-text visual editor, easy-to-use localization feature (our content is in 11 languages), scalability (several hundred thousand visitors per month) and the ability to write content into the CMS programmatically (awesome for importing content from other systems).

Although our front-end design was ready before we chose GraphCMS, the integration was effortless and fast.

Cons

GraphCMS is built to handle structured data, so its added value is lower if you are handling freeform marketing websites.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Easily my favorite headless CMS

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

Pros

GraphCMS is just so easy to use. Creating new data models and populating them for use on the front end is intuitive and the interface is very clean. The product is designed in a way that it's obvious they were thinking about their users. The biggest thing I was looking for was a data store that would be easy for a non-technical person to use while still providing customization for me as a developer and GraphCMS hits all the points I was looking for in those areas.

Cons

Every once in a while you will need to manually refresh the dashboard for new content to appear, mainly if you're adding many small data objects in quick succession - it's not a huge issue as long as you think to refresh and don't create duplicates. Other than that the performance is very good.

Jordan S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

I love GraphCMS

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

I use GraphCMS to prototype GraphQL schemas, as well as for all my GraphQL app/db that isn't tenant.

Pros

I love the flexibility of GraphCMS. It's meant to be a headless CMS, and it thrives at that, but don't get it twisted.

GraphCMS can be a super powerful GraphQL database. I use it for my administrative tables, as well as for other projects.

Cons

In order to fully take advantage of GraphCMS' flexibility for app development, there needs to be a better authentication layer.

You *CAN* achieve this with schema stitching, but it is esoteric and cumbersome.

Nien L.
  • Industry: Design

Awesome Headless CMS!

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Pros

Ease of use, flexible, price and simple iOS integration.

Cons

"Search for filters" still needs work, especially when there is a lot of content.