membermeister Reviews

membermeister

Business management software for dance studios

4.9/5 (78 reviews)
Annie B.

Great Software for Running a Dance Business

Reviewed on 2017/01/22

I have been using Membermeister for approximately 6 months since taking over a small dance school. My first invoice run when taking over the school took me several hours using standard spreadsheet software and was very stressful. My accountant suggested that I tried Membermeister as a way of saving time on my invoicing and keeping track of the finances. I first met with the support staff who showed me through the software's features. He was so helpful with answering all my questions and gave a slick presentation. Invoicing now is so easy, all I do is select which classes need an invoice and in a few clicks, the invoices are all prepared. It's very easy to keep track of who has paid and send reminders to those who haven't.

If I ever have any problems with the software or forget how to use any of the features the support staff is always quick to reply on the online chat. Suggestions on how to get the most out of the software are always given. If there are any features that aren't quite working for you or you have any suggestions for things that would make the software work better they are always open to hearing. I'm often finding messages in my inbox with news of updates based on customer suggestions.

A great piece of software that saves me so much time and helps me to keep on top of my business.

Pros

Save me so much time when creating multiple invoices.

Cons

I've had issues with the printable registers. I run classes from a church hall without wifi so am not able to use the online versions. The support staff, however, has been very helpful with coming up with ideas of how best to using the register functions of the software.

Gemma P.

Great Product, Great Service!

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Pros

Membermeister is really user friendly; it does everything I need it to do and more making the management of my performing arts school so much easier than it was before I discovered the software. Invoicing and communicating with students and their parents are now a piece of cake and it's great to have my database of students stored in one secure location that I can access anywhere, I really couldn't and wouldn't be without it. Added to all of this the help and support I receive is always incredibly friendly!

Cons

I love everything about Membermeister! I would love it even more if it was possible to manage all of my accounts through the software too, if this might be something for the future?

Linda-ruth S.

Simple and effective to use

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

I run a dance school with roughly 200 students and this has been really effective for storing details, creating registers, generating and keeping a track of invoices and emailing customers.
My customers pay blocks by calendar months and the system in place means this is done really easily.

Pros

I like that I can generate invoices quickly and simply & merge invoices for customers with multiple children in classes.
Duplicating classes for the next block is straight forward and works ideally for me as my customers pay on a calendar month basis. Each month will have a different cost and this function makes this simple for invoicing as it works it out.
Keeping track of payments is straight forward.
I like the 'missing email address' function.

Overall, everything is very straight forward and simple to run. I find this much better to previous database systems I have trialled as they were much more complicated.

Aesthetically too I prefer Membermeister.

Cons

I would like to be able to set a different default for certain settings:
Default payment option (it selects cheque for new customers but I would prefer it to select cash)
First name Alphabetical order default when printing registers as a few times I've forgot to change to this.

A 'back' button for going back to class payments after I have edited an invoice.

I'd like to be able to define relationship of emergency contact details as these are not always 'parents'.

Kristi T.

Everything in one place

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Pros

Everything is in one place. Membermeister enables us to keep track of the various elements of the day-to-day running of our business, and makes it incredibly easy to keep up to date with everything - all in one place! The ease of use is fantastic and the support offered is second to none. It is rare I come across any issues with how to use the software, but if ever I do, the customer service is great. CSR is always incredibly helpful and informative!

Cons

I like that I am able to colour code each of class / terms, however, it would be even better if there was a way to only view specific colour groups!

Response from membermeister

We're thrilled about this review, and it's a pleasure working with you.

Danielle W.

The transition to Membermeister has been an easy and positive one!

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Pros

It is very simple to use, aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate your way around. I cannot rave enough about the customer representative and the help he has given us over the months we have been using it. We are a large and very busy school which has often meant turning to him for advise on how best to do things. He always then comes back with the support I require and leads me in the right direction.

I have found it much easier to print registers, find information, email pupils etc than with previous systems. I feel the system is also very user friendly when it comes to training new members of staff or even our teachers (without an admin background) who need to use it from time to time too.

Overall I am very happy with the move to Membermeister.

Cons

My only thing I would say is that due to our large volume of data in the system it can run slow especially when loading large pages like our student or term overview. This is the only reason I deducted one star from the Functionality score.

Response from membermeister

Many thanks Danielle, we're very pleased to hear that membermeister is working so well for you and it's great to have you on board!

Will W.

Great and Helpful

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Great to get some help and support from people who know how you work and are always there to help at anytime! the system really helps us work and look more professional than ever. Thank you

Pros

The system is so easy to work and does some fantastic features and makes things so easy and effortless. E mailing clients and students professionally along with easy to generate bills which used to take along time. Teachers can actually do registration on there phone to update the system!! Amazing

Cons

If teachers don’t update then it can be a nightmare, maybe a reminder is needed if no changes detected within 3 weeks?
also the filter option and to generate bills for half the pupils isn’t functional enough.

Response from membermeister

Thank you Will for this fantastic review. We're very fortunate to be able to work with clients like yourself.

Ashling F.

Membermeister- saving us time, resources and bringing us into the 21st Century

Reviewed on 2016/12/11

We were still stuck using spread sheets for registers and databases for records- it was out dated, time consuming and meant it all had to be done by one person. Options we looked out were either way too expensive and would be painful in the transition. We were recommended Membermeister and the user friendly interface, the easy transition and value for money made it an obvious choice for us.
The team at Membermeister are efficient, adaptable and are constantly making improvements to the system so that you can get the most out of it. At our organisation everyone has remarked on how easy it is, we have saved so much time, our parents enjoy the electronic receipts and we are constantly learning how to use more functions on it.

We would highly recommend Membermeister to a similar organisation.

Response from membermeister

Hi Ashling, it's great to hear what an improvement membermeister is to your business. It makes our work worthwhile - thanks so much for leaving us such a positive review.

Amanda M.

I would be lost without Membermeister! I can't remember how I even kept track of everything before.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Pros

I love the ability to check payments, class numbers and all admin info in one place. The medical box is extremely helpful and so is the ability to print registers if needed. Being able to connect to GoCardless makes payment easier for our students and families and ties everything together professionally. Using TAGS has been useful, especially to when students need to move up an age group or to list what numbers they are in in a show or even to see how many boys you have v girls!

Cons

I would like to see totals at the end of some of the invoice/payment pages and on the front page when you hover on the bar chart. I would like to see the forecast revenue for each class reflect the actual amounts that include student discounts applied rather than the best possible cost.
Although the link to GoCardless is excellent, we would like to see payments made a little quicker to our bank.

Response from membermeister

Many thanks for this fantastic review Amanda. We also appreciate your feedback. The GoCardless payouts should be quicker in the future as the latest update reuses existing mandates which shortens the payout cycle.

Ann A.

Easy to use software, reduces time spent chasing payments,

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

More accurate records, less time chasing payments

Pros

I like the fact that we can now take payments directly into the bank, they are recorded accurately and I can see exactly who owes money

Cons

The only drawback is that have a complicated way of giving discount and the system doesn't quite allow for that, but it does allow to give discounts in other ways, I have just chose not to change at the moment.

Laura W.

Amazing service!

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Membermeister has been the best thing we’ve ever done at the dancing school. The system is fantastic and does everything we want it to do. It saves so much time, is very professional and a great form of communication. It helps with the monitoring of health and safety to record registers of attendance and personal data for if required in a medical emergency. Since having membermeister I don’t know what we would do without it!

Pros

Holds class timetable and student database. Easy access to contact parents. Creates invoices and reports to record payments.

Cons

Would like an easier feature to invoice a select amount of people for all the classes they do rather than everyone on the system as we have a dance school of over 500 but only have 200 paying for a month in one go.

Neil H.

Fantastic Product

Reviewed on 2016/06/18

Membermeister has transformed how efficient our business is and evolved with us as we have grown. It's so simple to use and enables us to easily track our students, class registers, timetables, invoices and messaging in one place. All our staff have their own username and different levels of access for security and we can use it on our mobile phones, tablets or laptop. Fantastic value for money and once we tried it we could never go back to how we used to manage.

Pros

Everything, It will streamline your business.

Cons

Can't think of one single thing

Response from membermeister

Thank you for your brilliant review Neil, we're really happy to hear that membermeister is working so well for you.

Suzanne S.

Getting started was incredibly easy. The experience since has been everything we wanted.

Reviewed on 2018/05/13

More accurate information about students attendance and invoicing.

Pros

The simplicity of creating invoices and seeing who has not yet paid and sending them out reminders.
The ease of setting up and taking class registers.

Cons

It is not designed for invoicing Pay As You Go students, but with customer representative's assistance we have found a very workable solution.
You need wifi access to take the registers, but you can easily create printable registers. They are working on an app that I hope will solve this one.

Response from membermeister

Many thanks Suzanne, great to hear that membermeister is helping you and your business.

Claire M.

PERFECT PIECE OF SOFTWARE FOR MY DRAMA SCHOOL

Reviewed on 2019/01/13

It was definitely the right choice when my business grew and I was in search of software to manage my drama classes. Since using it, I have found I have so much more time on my hands to focus on pushing the business as the drudgery of admin and keeping class info up to date is so much easier. When you offset the cost of my time sorting manual invoicing, checking if people have paid into the account and chasing those who have not and ensuring children's details are always up to date then the cost is actually incredibly cheap.

Pros

The ease of use, it takes a very little amount of time to get accustomed to the software. The support when you do need some help is extremely good and I am never stuck for long.
I also love the fact that my staff are able to access the data for contact and medical details for children very easily and so there is no need for paper lists or issues with security of data.

Cons

Currently not able to automatically invoice each month, it is only manual but I believe this is in the pipeline.
I also find setting up a term and removing the half terms a little over complicated as I tend to forget how to do it each term as it is 3 months between set up and it isn't that obvious. Easy when you know how but I think it could be simpler and more obvious.

Laurence mark W.

Membermeister has made the running of our dance studio MUCH more straightforward.

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

It makes our admin much simpler and more efficient.

Pros

The best thing about it is everything is in one place: student info, communications, invoices and so on, rather than having to hop between different bits of software. The fact that an enquiry can come through our website and go straight onto the Membermeister system is awesome, it saves a lot of time and labour.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little clumsy or long-winded to have to come back to a main page to move on, ie it would be good to have "Next" buttons for students and classes. Also we hope that soon we can integrate our monthly gocardless direct debits too, alongside the invoiced gocardless payments.

Response from membermeister

Thanks for your excellent review. We've considered adding a dropdown menu to allow you to jump from one class to another, it sounds like that would be useful to you and we'll try and expedite that feature.

Emma W.

A Business Essential!

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

As working mothers who also own a dance school, Membermeister has proved to us to be a business essential! From communication to invoicing Membermeister saves us valuable time allowing us to focus more on our business.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, multi-functionality.

Cons

That we did not start using the software sooner!

Response from membermeister

Brilliant! Thank you Emma!

Christine W.

An excellent Customer experience, I never feel as if I am working alone as Customer support great.

Reviewed on 2018/07/28

Time saving
More efficient record keeping versus the old excel spreadsheets
Mass emails simplified

Pros

The set up was carried out by membermeister team and was seamless.
Very clear in its layout.
Dashboard seriously helpful.
Invoicing very simple.
Student recording enhanced by registration form.

Cons

Sometimes pupils invoices feel hidden as goes in the parent name.
Would like a method of payment report showing the explanation put in the "other" box.

Sarah J.

Membermeister is the best decision we have ever made!

Reviewed on 2016/09/13

This system has made life so much easier for our ballet & stage schools. Paul & Stefan made set up so easy. Their support is fantastic as I can either message them or phone - they get back to you really quickly. I love Stefan's video tutorials when I can't remember how to do something.

Pros

Easy to set up, really easy to use & tracks all our students, classes & payments effortlessly.

Cons

It would be nice to have our 2 schools' pages open on the browser at the same time. This isn't possible at the moment.
When looking back at sent messages it would be helpful to see the pdf attachment that was sent as well.

Response from membermeister

Thanks for the great review Sarah. A quick tip for keeping both of your accounts open at the same time: use two different browsers, say Chrome for one account and Firefox for the other. That way you can stay logged in to both.

Karen B.

Membermeister Dance software

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

My experience with Membermeister has been first class and has really helped me keep on top of all the data management and admin that is involved in running a dance school.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and so accessible across all of my devices.

Cons

I haven't encountered any problems so far.

Yasmin A.

Elite Dancers Academy - Membermeister experience

Reviewed on 2016/08/24

The support from the team is fantastic, anything that i have struggled with technically they have been a great help in demonstrating with videos and instructions.
I have a growing dance school business so it is great to have something to help organise my database and generate invoices.

Pros

- The ability to email classes from a professional system
- The ability to log all the client information with ease
- invoice system is great to keep track of who has paid and who is due to pay

Cons

- I still struggle with how i can invoice one parent for their two or three children who are in different classes

Response from membermeister

Thanks for your fantastic review Yasmin. We've noted your feedback on family invoicing and will do our best to make this clearer and simpler.

7.0/10
Danielle H.

Director/Principal

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

The benefits are 10 fold with the dance school. Saves hours and hours of admin!

Pros

It's ability to recognise finances, overdue payments, registers, messages, emails and direct debit functions. Pretty much every function :)

Cons

'Save' details repeatedly throughout enrolling a new member.

Response from membermeister

We're so happy to hear such positive feedback Danielle! Rest assured we are working hard to make membermeister even better.

Nicki T.

Membermeister 100%

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

The team have been so helpful and supportive during our set up. Always available to help and iron out any issues or answer questions.
Really happy with it all so far.

Pros

It's easy to get to grips with. Lots of ways to recover data to assist making decisions and working things out.

Cons

Not easy to link students into families so ease invoices.
Occasionally emails don't get to all recipients.

Rachel G.

It has made keeping on top of admin really easy

Reviewed on 2017/12/17

Pros

The software is very easy to use and set up, I use it for keeping pupil information, registers and invoicing. It's great that you can invoice for planned terms and individual items such as examinations and uniform. Great support team who always talk you through everything its also great that there are help videos you can view. For someone who is not great with technology and software this is so used friendly.

Cons

The only thing I haven't found yet is if you can prepare an invoice in advance and then arrange a set date/time for the invoice to send without you logging back in.

Response from membermeister

Thank you for your feedback, it is hugely appreciated. We like the idea of scheduling invoices and we will make a note of this as a feature request.

Faye P.

Membermeister saves me so much time

Reviewed on 2017/07/30

Pros

Membermeister saves me so much admin time by making invoices in an instant. I can also track payments easily and send reminders meaning I never miss out on getting paid.

My registers and invoices are so much more professional than before, keeping my customers happy!

Customer service is exceptional, if ever I have any troubles using the software (which is rare as it is so user friendly) my questions are answered swiftly and completely.

I had always been hesitant about getting something like this in the past as I thought the transfer would be difficult and time consuming but my records were all transferred across for me and set up ready for me to use.

Georgie K.

Membermeister has made the admin-side of running my dance school so much easier!

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Easy, efficient admin software

Pros

The software looks great- it has such an easy to read aesthetic that makes invoicing, timetabling and enrolling students clear and efficient. The individual personalised support you receive from the team is incredible. They are always available to help you through any problems.

Cons

The price of the software is slightly more than other competitors,; however, having never used another system I'm unsure if this is fair or not. I would say the service you receive from Membermeister is very good. I was able to receive an introductory offer on the pricing which has made it affordable for me. Without this offer I'm unsure if it would have been as tempting.

Kieran S.

So helpful!

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

So simple and easy to use with loads of help and support

Pros

The software is amazing and does everything you could want! The support is incredible as well, getting to talk to real people helping you use it!

Cons

The only down sides are features that aren't included but this is updated so often that it's never a problem