AutoFluent

4,9
Kayla L.

Excellent Program with Fantastic Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

We've had a great overall experience with Autofluent.

Pros

Customer Service is so easy, quick and thorough with Autofluent. They make it simple to contact someone, I always get a prompt response, and I never have to repeat the issue like I do with other companies who transfer you through to 9 different support techs. Any time we've run into a glitch (which has been minimal), tech support is quick to respond and get it handled and then follow up and make sure that we are still happy. They have taken small suggestions and implemented small changes where it would make life easier, but still hold true to their software and it's consistency, not making unnecessary changes constantly. They always have a suggestion for fixing issues and are always incredibly helpful. I would highly recommend this program. In the three years we have been running Autofluent, it has greatly increased our ability to track parts, cores, sales, tech hours, etc. We feel like we have invested in a quality program.

Cons

The WO screens are very involved. There are a lot of items that can be clicked or changed or modified and when training someone, it makes it difficult to train and trust that they won't change something they shouldn't. However, with the ability to track and report so many items, it's is often that this mistakes can be caught and fixed.

Lowell G.

Excellent Product!! Astute & Excellent employees who exemplify great patience, kindness & passion.

Reviewed on 2012/09/13

Just the improvements that Chris and I went over. There may be more as I go along with the training.

For example, a Tabs Field Option of the company website and the company email address. The vehicle inspection screen could use some editing in the pre-existing fields.

Thank you.

(Office) (954) 548-7884
(Fax) (888) 740-9862
[email protected]
www.oncallmechanics.com

Pros

It is rare that I run into employees of a business that literally LOVE what they do. I can hear the passion in the voice of all 3 support technicians, (Troy, Chris and Shawn). I expressed this to all three of them as well as George Sein. I was so impressed with their character & the tonality of the calls (on a consistent basis mind you) that I asked about the process that was put into place that allowed for such good human beings to be in a work place. The support side of this business can be quite challenging and I received not 1 sign of frustration from either of the 4 (four) people that I mentioned earlier. It is with great pleasure to speak to them as I feel that I developed a friendship with all 4 of them already. This is a great feeling to have with a company as it establishes an undying loyalty to the establishment. Please continue the excellent work ethic & service that is exuded by your employees.

I am not easily impressed but I must say that I was greatly impressed.

Cons

If I had to say that there were any cons, I would say that your establishment closes too early. LOL. I only say this because I experienced a few selfish moments when I wanted the software readily available. (I had a strong egoistic & selfish moment there). In speaking with Chris, we found a couple of areas that could use some additions to the work order as the product is already near perfect. Another part of this establishment that is extremely impressive. Especially the cost when compared to R.O. Writer's $15,000 package deal (are they insane?)

I was so impressed that I have to add more pros than cons in this section even though this is the con portion of the evaluation. I referred 4 more people to obtain this software as it is (as I stated earlier) near perfect. Plus, you cannot beat the price. It's very affordable.

I mean this sincerely, please keep up the EXCELLENT WORK as well as the software improvements. I can go on & on, but I think you can see my perspective.

Shan D.

Best automotive software

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

I installed a half a dozen automotive software on my computer in 2010 and chose what was TABS automotive invoicing software which later became AutoFluent which now does so much more. The integration with QuickBooks and other companies makes it first rate!

Pros

The software works and support is phenominal!

Cons

There really is nothing that I liked the least. It works

4 years+

Reviewed on 2017/12/26

Pros

when it works, it's great. but never work properly since day one. the Total amount of dollar never worked.

Cons

Canadian tax is never correct, paid for support and problems never solved. contact support never answer calls, online chat takes over an hour to connect to a person, and if you are away for couple minutes, they disconnect you. in other word you can never fix an issue. even you paid for support they never fix the problem and next time when support expires you will NEED to pay again!!! But not fixed!!!! Garbage company!

Response from TABS

We're sorry to hear you've had trouble with our software that you have been using for 4 years? Hundreds of satisfied Canadian shops use AutoFluent, and we are completely confident that we can handle your taxes. While our goal is to answer calls as they come in, high call volumes occasionally lead to wait times over 30 minutes. Please contact us to resolve your issue as you have provided no customer name for us to contact you.

David D.

Totally satisfied with the software and support and its help us manage and grow our business.

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

Great product just like anything you will have to learn how to use it but it's worth the time invested.

It's a very reliable software and always works, we like how the Carfax function works and auto populates the Vin and all of the vehicles information this function is very helpful. The work order screen is very friendly allows you to do multiple functions without having to switch screens.

We like the email and text function for easy communication with our customers. We also enjoy the one click service packages that really save time when writing your work orders. The reporting side of the software is very good and they continue to add new reports overtime.

We research many different POS systems and by far for the price we felt Autofluent offered the best value for the price.

We also appreciate the high level of customer support whenever we have a question.

Cons

If there was anything it would be that the system setting tabs in the set up menu area are not expandable at least on our end. Hopefully thats not an issue on our end? Other than that not much to complain about with the software.

Response from TABS

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. We're happy to hear you appreciate the software and support!

Pamela C.
Industry: Automotive

Simple, Detailed, and Very Efficient! Best Invoicing System Available!

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

By using this software we were able to finally reap the rewards from owning a business. Prior we didn't know what was being spent and where our income was being wasted away, and had theft occur regularly. With AutoFluent it tracks every penny spent on each vehicle, its take home, but also if someone voids an invoice you'll know about it. It has saved us so much headaches. I also love the fact that at the end of the day I just click print and track each customer that came in, what was done with their vehicle. This software is worth every penny.

Pros

System has helped us manage our shop so much. We're finally navigating our business correctly and are able to track every penny with each invoice. Customer support is like my right hand, I call anytime for questions or help and they're always going the extra mile. System is simple, yet detailed, and LITERALLY the best investment you'll ever make. I don't give credit unless its earned, but they have earned it.. and then some.

Response from TABS

Thank you so much, Pamela! We appreciate you, too!

Sarah K.

Great Program

Reviewed on 2016/02/19

We starting using AutoFluent about 6 months ago and have been very pleased.

Pros:
1. The program does everything we need it to. We run data reports each week to track expenses/parts/labor etc. and the reporting
2. The training is great. The team at AutoFluent walks you through the set up process with as many training sessions as you need. They are available to help with problems that you encounter even after the initial set up.
3. I appreciated setting up the program myself, rather than having them set up the entire thing. I know the in and outs of the program better because of it. On that note, they were able to help me set up some of the aspects of it if I couldn't do it through remote support. This was extremely helpful and I was able to watch them do it.
4. We used Quickbooks for accounting and AutoFluent works very well with this as far sales are concerned. We post to Quickbooks daily and once it is set up properly, it works great. The support team at AutoFluent was able to help me set this up, as it was one of the things that I had a little trouble with.
5. There are many reporting options and so far, there was been a report for everything I have needed.
Cons:
1. Some of the changes that are made can not change information retroactively. This is needed sometimes as adjustments are made to the program overtime.
2. Some information on the invoices can not be changed once it is put on account or paid for.
3. The template for the invoice can not be completely customized.
4. I don't like vendor bill paying option and how it works. I opted to continue to use Quickbooks for my vendor receipts and to pay bills through Quickbooks still. I do all of the accounting for our business and Quickbooks works better for me because of this. AutoFluent will post the vendor bills to Quickbooks, but only if the work order is invoiced out. Because of the method of reconciling that I use, it is hard to reconcile a vendor account for a period of time. I don't know if a transaction was missed on my end of things or if it just hasn't posted yet because the vehicle is still in work order status. Therefore, I do what works for me and continue to use Quickbooks for this.

Theresa W.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

USER

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

We started out using quick books before you used Auto Fluent. I have to say this software has more uses that quick books ever could.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of which to use the product. It has been very helpful. There is a lot of information to use on this software that helps make it manageable for the employee and the customer to understand.

Cons

It is helpful to have staff like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that take the time to help us understand parts of the product that we have been using. There is a lot of information in this software that we have barely touched yet. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and any others that have gone out of their way to help us understand better how to use the software. It is greatly appreciated.

Kariel P.
Industry: Retail

AutoFluent Is A Life Saver!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

AutoFluent has helped our business run more efficiently and has made it easier for us to get things done.

Pros

Once I figured out how to utilize this software, I fell in love. It keeps track of our inventory and makes invoicing a snap! The add on tire module is great for easily registering DOT numbers and has the ability to show the specs on the individual tires. The support team is extra wonderful. They are prompt in getting to me and answering any and all questions I have had thoroughly. I never feel that I am a burden or that any question is "dumb".

Cons

I can't think of any cons except maybe from the beginning. My brain was fighting me on learning the software, but I found that if I learned small chunks of it at a time, it was much more accepting of the new information :)

Susanne A.

we are a growing business and find the help and support techs amazing at sorting out our issues.

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Pros

Love on line chat!!!!! best thing out there. Software is easy to use and to teach to new people.
The variety of reports are very helpful to bookkeeping. Entering parts into the system is simple. Tracking is a huge asset to us with inventory and mechanic hours, sales, discounts and aging customers. this system is very user friendly.

Cons

When running reports it would be nice if you didnt have to start over to modify the customer name. It would be nice if it would total the open work order amounts at the bottom or if you could run a report of open work orders at month end.

Response from TABS

We are glad we could share the information you needed about the Transaction by Date/Vehicle report with Workorder selected. Thank you for being our customer and for taking the time to write a great review, Susanne!

Marlene S.

Franco's Auto Service Review

Reviewed on 2016/08/29

So far our shop experience with the software is working out really good. I can see that there is still some of the program we have not yet started to use. Maybe one day the guys with utilize the appointment schedule.

Pros

How it is updated into QuickBooks daily.

Cons

Part of my job is checking all the work orders. Is there a way you can look up work order numbers faster. Once you have a work order open if you could type the next work order number on the open screen and it would direct you to that next open work order.

Response from TABS

Thanks for being a great customer for over 7 years, Marlene. We appreciate you taking the time to give your input!

Renee J.

Better than the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2010/08/16

Out of 10 stars I would give it a 10, it has been the one thing since we opened that hasn't given us a problem, when there is anything that I may have messed up it is just a phone call or help desk connect and it is fixed they even help us with connecting to our own server when our computers were hit by a storm, great guys, great service, THE BEST PROGRAM!!!

Pros

Easy to use, they have packages set up and if you copy them it makes the world easier to live in!!! It has everything you need from a big 8 bay shop to the two bay garage. It is actually fun to tinker with, you have the question button on every screen in case you need help, They are right there when you need help with the control desk connection or a simple phone call away.They also have the live chat in an instant. Every thing is pretty self explanatory and works flawlessly with Quick Books, they also have a tire sizer that is the best thing since sliced bread for changing tire size, works great with mitchell and all data!!!! Much better than the other software that we started with it took us two weeks and it is the best decision we EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

Haven't found one yet but it's only been 5 months, but don't think we will run into one. The only thing ( and I have been told they are working on this one) is the online all data that we are running ( can't really afford the full disk version) is not working yet, we will soon be in the red enough to get that service from all data. The vehicle look up with the vin and plate is the Bomb with vehicle information.

Nicole H.

SWANTYS lube

Reviewed on 2016/08/19

HAVE GRATE CUSTOMER SERVICE. EASY PROGRAM TO USE. WOULD LIKE TO SEE CUSTOMER SERVICE RETURN CALLS FASTER. OVER ALL WE ARE HAPPY WITH THE PROGRAM.

Pros

IT EASY TO USE

Response from TABS

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you are happy with our software and support! We strive to have the fastest response times in the industry. We have good news to share with you. CARFAX gives you the ability to look up vehicles by VIN or license plate, and is included free with AutoFluent. In the Work Order, either click the 'C' button by the license plate number or the 'C' button by the VIN. The latest CARFAX features also include marketing tools to promote your shop plus send your customers recommended service reminders. Just click on the MyCARFAX button, as shown in the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm74ozoc6Q8&feature=youtu.be

Alexander L.
Industry: Automotive

Excellent software for organizing , Has helped me keep track of all my inventory and employee times.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

All of my information is in order and I can see how my business is doing.

Pros

I like most about autofluent how the are extremely detailed when it comes to an invoice/work order. I can find any specific info on any specific person and or date.

Cons

The least thing I like about autofluent is that Its not easy finding out where I bought part from when I open a closed invoice. I have to go through 3 menus in order to find out which vendor I purchased the outside part from.

Response from TABS

We are happy that AutoFluent works so well for you and ACJ Auto Tech. We're glad we could show you a quicker way to find your vendor and outside part information from the invoice by clicking the Details button. Thank you for being a great customer!

Jeff H.
Industry: Automotive

Good software but would tweak a few things

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

I am pretty happy with the reports and being able to keep an eye on profit margin. I would like to be able to upload photos to the inspection and be able to email it to our clients. We have also had problems interfacing with other products.

Pros

Able to pull reports quickly and monitor gross profit all the time.

Cons

Cannot email inspection to client. Cannot add photos to inspection.

Response from TABS

Hi Jeff. Thank you for taking the time to review us. You're not the only one requesting emailed inspections and pictures. I'm happy to say that our next release, which is currently being tested internally, will allow emailing vehicle inspections with images.

Unfortunately, we're not currently integrated with EBIS Reporting, but we're happy to give them the information and access that they need to connect to your data.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Cherie O.
Industry: Facilities Services

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

Our company was looking to upgrade from Sage, it just didn't have the functionality for inventory and invoicing we needed. We found Autofluent and it has so many great features that have helped us.

Pros

Very useful for automotive work, inventory is very detailed, can invoice easily. Can hide labour or inventory on workorders.

Cons

Packages don't work well, unable to inventory them.

Response from TABS

Thank you for the recommendation for multi-store customers like you that need to share inventory! Because packages are typically made up of parts that are used in multiple packages or sold individually, we inventory the parts rather than the packages. But we are often able to help our customers with easy alternative solutions that work best for their particular situations.

Paul C.
Industry: Automotive

This software does it all!

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

The best parts are the amount of things this software can do! I am able to track my profits and hours down to the penny. This system is so great once you learn it.

Cons

The only thing I noticed is it takes a while to learn the system but with the amazing support team, I was able to learn all the ins and outs of the system.

Response from TABS

Thank you for the wonderful review! We really appreciate users like you who love to learn about the many ways we can help run your business.

Justin S.

Auto Biz Will Help Your Biz

Reviewed on 2010/10/14

Like many Shop owners I went through the agonizing Process of looking at the some 60 or so different Shop Software programs out there.

Tabs Auto Biz was one of the last systems I looked at and I am glad that I took an opportunity to Demo the Software's Capabilities. I wanted a system with expandability, Gadgets, and most importantly good Support!

It was immediately apparent to me that the support was going to be strong and I have always been happy with the continued high level of support I have received, from Tabs. Glen, Dave and Brian have shown a keen interest in listening to their customers needs, and continue to work hard and maintaining relevant software. In the year that I have had the Tabs Auto BIz Software I have been able to increase track-able sales as a result of the Email Reminder system, also allowing me to effectively communicate to all of our customers, and cut down on our printing costs .

Pros

Data Transfer offered.

Email Estimates, invoices, marketing.
The VIKI keyless interface.
All of the features of the higher priced systems, at a lower price point.
Net-workable.
World pac, napa, nextparts, Alldata interfaces.
Integrated Credit card payment systems.
Easy to learn
Great Support Staff.
Web Back up.
Right click functionality
Ease of canned job or Package creation.
Very customizable
Easy to Read invoices.
User generated inspection sheets
Clean estimating system
Customer Decline and Authorize Features, with reminder emails on the fly!

Cons

Not as many Icons / buttons as some of the other systems.

Joseph L.

Changed my life

Reviewed on 2018/05/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Don't know how to do something? call tech support. They are THE BEST tech support I have ever come in contact with.

Pros

in pricing, I love being able to create an invoicing package with all the usual components of a job. Really helps to make sure we don't forget to bill for any items.

Cons

Would like better way to keep notes on individual customers. Right now it keeps a running log, I would prefer to have sections to I can sort better.

Susanne A.

ACCOUNTING/ADMINISTRATION

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/05/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

when printing or selecting reports, it would be helpful to have a MODIFY tab to change the report selected without starting at the main screen again.
I would like it if you could UNSEE quotes when you open a customer but be able to find them if needed later.

Pros

I appreciate the fast helpful staff with the on line chat or auto log in to our computer. I like the reports that I can print. They are easy to read and a variety to pick from. I find the program easy to teach to the new employees and user friendly to find invoices, work orders and payments. This system is easy to modify our needs with ratios, % and discounts. I really like it.

Cons

We have a few issue with it logging us out when we are in the middle of the day. I don't like that I have to go to the main screen each time I need to change a customer name in a report to print.

Barbara A.

IMPECCABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

THE SOFTWARE IS VERY USER FRIENDLY WITH A LOT OF EXTRAS THAT HELP US DO OUR JOB A HECK OF A LOT EASIER. EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. REP. IN TECH SUPPORT IS ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL THE FEW TIMES WE HAVE HAD TO CALL IN FOR HELP. HE'S PROFESSIONAL, VERY FRIENDLY, AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND. EXPLAINS EVERYTHING DOWN TO OUR LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE ON THIS SOFTWARE.

Pros

VERY EASY TO USE. ANY ISSUES, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RIGHT THERE AT YOUR FINGER TIPS READY TO HELP.

Cons

CAN'T THINK OF ANY REASONS NOT TO LIKE. WHEN I THINK OF ONE, I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Fernando G.

Excellent Software For Automotive POS System

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Auto fluent constantly makes a lot of improvement or update a lot of things

Pros

2 things I like most 1/ u can pay off the software not lease month by month. 2/ if u need the support they provided the best service my example I send them email at nite at 10.00pm . next morning 7:00 am I got call ready to solve my issue.

Cons

i don`t know yet. so far the software support what i need .

Justin B.
Industry: Automotive

I've used TABS for the past 6 years & I love it!

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

Very adaptable company that understands the industry. I first used their computer based format for a single location, I now use their online format for multiple locations and I absolutely love their point of sale software.

Pros

They can make changes according to your suggestions or preferences.
It is already heavily adapted for almost any shop environment.

Response from TABS

Thank you so much Justin! We appreciate you, too!

Owen B.

Still new, but so far very impressed!

Reviewed on 2014/03/12

After spending significant time researching a replacement shop management system, We found there are only a few that back up the features that they claim.
After being up and running for only a few weeks now with the Tabs AutoBiz system, it is working very well for us. The learning process is much easier than our old software ever was. Our database conversion process was extremely smooth and fast making it even easier to get up to speed!
The Pros: - Easy to Use
- Integrates with QuickBooks
- Integrates well with the Online version of Alldata
- Top Notch Customer Service / Tech support / Training without a long wait time
- Easy to manage, maintain and control profit margins
- Nice user permission management. Full control over what your users can see.
- VIN decoding

The Cons: - The online parts ordering process is completely different than our original software. I think in time, this feature will become a pro because I can see the advantages, but for now we have had to completely learn how to order parts online all over again.

One of the best things so far has been the technical support. We have called with many questions and all have been answered very quickly and effectively. The support is great!
It's tough to give 5 stars overall, because we really haven't been using it long enough to say for sure. All I can say is so far we are all very impressed and have no regrets about our choice to use Tabs AutoBiz.

Lisa H.

The system works well for invoicing and inventory control.

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

I like the simplicity of moving between quote and work order. Building invoices and being able to put notes is easy. They system as a whole is intuitive as it is much like my old system that was replaced by this one.

Cons

The search functionality for customers is not well done. You cannot simply put in a keyword like you should be able to. In fact if there is a period in a name (i.e. CA Dept. of Fish & Wildlife) you can't find that name if you don't put in the period. That make me crazy!

Response from TABS

Thank you for your review! Now that our support staff has shown you how to do a wildcard search the system should be even more efficient for you.