storEDGE

Mobile self storage management software

4,2
4,6
Michelle M.

Easy-Use

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

I love how the Auction is set up, and the Task software and how it helps with management at the storage facility. The organized reports and accounts and units. It seems user Friendly, but with potential in getting certain needed obligations completed to keep the storage requirements on a straight path and organized.

Pros

It has a lot of potential in the making, I love the way the software looks, it isn't too complicated, but the training video make up for the help guide on storEdge, which most Storage associated sites don't provide effectively.

Cons

I just realized that from transiting from Sitelink to StorEdge, i wish they could provide a Pro-Rate Calculator for convenience use for potential customers. Also, I wish for the TASK that storage facility could conduct a specific TASK for ex: When they wish Walkthroughs to be completed per week and frequency.

Carrie M.
Industry: Warehousing

Great software

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Meets our storage unit needs and we really like the gate software as well. The customer service reps always respond quickly.

Pros

Very user friendly and visually appealing. The gate software is also very helpful. Love how it corresponds an incoming number to a customer.

Cons

They do not send you a notification when someone moves out and is hard to delete an existing customer if they send an inquiry.

Doug E.
Industry: Real Estate

StorEdge is going down hill quickly thanks to STORABLE and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reviewed on 2020/01/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

StorEdge was GREAT in June 2016-2017 because they always answered the phone and helped us get past problems. Starting in 2018 their Help Desk began to decline and could only tell us "we are working to correct the problem" with no time table to fix issues. In 2019 the wheels fell off. Anything that was good about StorEdge is now gone. The company was purchased by is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Sparefoot and Storable) and customer service is now 100% gone and useless. Now STORABLE owns 5 companies: SiteLink, StorEdge, Select Merchant Services, PAYA, and two other credit processing companies. They have a created a MONOPOLY that is causing harm and disfunction to all of these once great companies. It is a SAD day when capitalism and competition simply disappears because of one large company who's goal is only to make more money.

Pros

StorEdge is pretty easy to use and find your way around the software. When we were first started with the software 4 years ago it WAS speedy and their customer service WAS amazing. NOT ANY MORE!

Cons

1. Since they have been bought out by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Sparefoot/STORABLE their customer service has been non-existent. Their HELP DESK is a joke. They have 7 employees to "Help" 4000+ storage locations.
2. I had double billing using autopay on two different months in 2019. I had to spend 9 hours voiding over 200 autopay transactions, and three days making phone calls apologizing to my tenants.
3. Their TASK bar is non-functional and useless.
4. They do not have a function for "prorated move-ins"
5. Storable Company now controls SiteLink, StorEdge, and all 4 credit card processing companies that they work with - Storable now sets the credit card processing rates! It is a total MONOPOLY!
6. Their automated emails/text messages will get stuck in "pending" and will not always go out to customers even though their software said it has. StorEdge will no longer work to fix problems because they no longer communicate with their customers and Storable raised our rates even though I'm doing more work now that the StorEdge software is failing in autopay, communication, and customer service.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jennifer B.
Industry: Consumer Services

Gets easier to use with time...

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Overall, the software handles the basic daily functions of a self storage facility, it would be a great improvement if they would add a column that showed the last time notes were added to an individuals account on the list and a way of sorting a list by most recently contacted.

Pros

The feature I found to be the most useful is the search field because it searches the entire program for whatever you type in the search box.

Cons

The software could improve on usability in making it easier to find where you left off in a list you were working from if you have to switch tabs.

Peter R.

it does what you need

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

we manage 2 separate storage facilities with the software. does everything it needs to for us to run efficiently.

Cons

when looking up a client you need to be in the correct facility. if you are in location "a" and you client is at location "b" your search for them will return no results. not an issue if you have 1 location but i can imagine if you are managing multiple locations this would be cumbersome.

Nothing but great things

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

It is constantly evolving and upgrading to adhere to the ever-changing industry and technology that supports it.

Cons

In the beginning it was a lot of open promises about reporting and changes that were going to be made to the software without avail - however the pace has been picked up and the customer service is amazing

Lynn A.
Industry: Computer Software

Tech support stinks

Reviewed on 2020/03/28

Have been very happy with all aspects of the software

Pros

I have been happy with the use of the sofware

Cons

I have been unable to log in to my software for going on 48 hours. This is not acceptable. I feel as though [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in tech support has had more than enough time to get me back on line. Last communication with him was 16 hours ago. Perhaps you are closed on Saturday. If this is the case I would have thought someone would have made this priority as we were down all day yesterday. We had the same problem the day before and it was corrected rather quickly by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Does this not show in our record to maybe assist the next technician? In wrapping up I feel like my case was just swept under the rug and the monkey was being put on my back.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Industry: Real Estate

Love the web based platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Pros

We swtiched from another platform that would crash when the internet would stop. This being web based allows me to pick up where I left off on my cell phone when that happens. I can also check the management reports when i'm away from the office.

Cons

The reminders screen is hard to remember as the tab off to the side isn't something I think about. I wish there was a way to put the reminders on the dash so it is the first thing you see.

Michael O.

Solid tenant and facility management program! Easy to use, excellent feature set!

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

Main, most used features on the left sidebar and the right sidebar makes it easy to keep track of the important tasks and communications. And tech support has been great - fast and efficient!

Cons

Access to the db for creating local tenant lists would be nice. Also, I'd like the ability to create customized letters, reports, etc., without having to contact support.

Karen A.

Kudos

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Very positive experience and not frustrating to work with. Basically sat down and in a couple of days could move pretty smoothly thru the software.

Pros

Love the ease of use, very straight forward. Was an easy system to learn. Had tutorials you could watch with step by step instructions. If you do need technical help, the technicians are very patient and knowledgeable.

Cons

I can't think of any cons with this software. Just been so much better than what we had before that I can't seem to find anything I don't like.

Chelsea S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Transitions can be exciting and stressful, but the StorEdge experience has left me without concern!

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

There are a lot of great little features that really make an impact. Many of the rent courtesy notices, late reminders, auto pay withdrawals and even most late fees are automated which frees up a lot of time enabling management staff to focus on other business necessities. I think the best aspect is that StorEdge offers so many great amenities that can be tailored to each individual business based on their needs so you're not forced to use a default setting.

Pros

It's honestly a composition of little features that make the job easier. I LOVE that StorEdge allows you to see if a tenant has opened/read an email notification that has been sent; much like a read receipt. Additionally, the online payment and account management feature has been a fantastic new option that both myself and my customers enjoy. The online payment feature has allowed tenants to update and manage their auto pay settings as well. This is a wonderful amenity for customers because they're not forced to take the time out of their busy schedules to make it by during office hours, they can manage and update their payment preferences at their convenience. It's also fantastic how automated many tasks are such as emails, SMS notifications, auto pay withdrawals and most late fees. None of those even require the click of a button to execute the task, which enables the management staff to focus on other business necessities. The StorEdge program allows you to customize and tailor the features to your business! Not having to remember to post date payments after a bank deposit is amazing! StorEdge will automatically take any payments made after your "close of day" bank deposit report and add them to the next deposit cycle. Last but not least, if you're ever feeling lost, StorEdge support staff is always quick to respond and happy to help find a solution to your inquiry.

Cons

Please note that the following statements are more like suggestions than complaints: It would be great to add a very obvious way to "flag" an account. For example "don't accept checks", do not rent to", etc. There already is a place to note it, but a more conspicuous notification would be quite helpful since there are multiple staff members operating the software in one office. The only other suggestion I have is in regards to the sale/auction process. It would be great if there was a way to type in the description of items being sold rather than hand writing it on the notice of sale. The second observation is by no means an issue, I just feel it would look cleaner if the items listed for sale came out printed on the document.

Cody T.
Industry: Facilities Services

Its only getting more advanced and easy to use day by day.

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

My overall experience with Storedge only gets better by the day and that is because they are very proactive with making the software better by the day. I wasn't to sure about the program when i first started using it but they have made many awesome updates and advances and continue to make things easier managing self storage facilities.

Pros

From my experience with storedge, is how clean and advanced of a program it is. Its very user friendly and with the universal search bar per facility, it makes life way easier when you have a few hundred tenants to work with. I was skeptical on a few different things when i first started using the program, there were a few things that i think could have been made more up to date. That is what i found over time to be such a great aspect to using Storedge is how proactive the advancement in the software is. They have made and continue to make advancements with integrations that make managing stage facilities much easier. Plus i the customer service is always very friendly and knowledgeable when it comes to navigating the software.

Cons

Being that they seem to have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to the software program, it doesn't however seem they have a great deal of knowledge about self storage facilities. There are a few bugs here and there that get frustrating because of that. They are proactively working those bugs out and are constantly updating either fixes or new updates all the time. They do not have a mobile application that i personally would love to have. Since its based back east being that they are 3 hours ahead, if i have any issues and need to reach customer service after 2 pm pacific time they are closed at 5 pm Eastern. i do wish they could stay open a bit longer.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Real Estate

Attractive and intuitive user interface paired with frustrating functionality quirks

Reviewed on 2018/04/21

Pros

The user interface is well designed and intuitive for anyone who has ever used a smartphone. It is easy for site managers to learn and grasp quickly. Reports can be downloaded in various formats for analysis and data manipulation. Customer service is generally friendly and responsive. The management team continually works to improve the product.

Cons

storEDGE reporting lacks logic from an operational perspective. Their team does not have industry experience and this shows in their product. For example, occupancy reports order units by door width rather than by square footage which makes pricing difficult. Their suggested workaround is to export to Excel then sort which produces a report that is no longer user friendly.

Their word processing function is difficult to use and requires the use of third party software to format which itself is challenging and produces poor results.

Lastly, as the software is web based, storEDGE is plagued by snail like speeds and links timing out.

Holly M.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great Software - Great Support!

Reviewed on 2016/11/18

After extensive searching for a software to help automate and organize our storage facility, I finally choose StoreEdge. Our facility is a bit non conventional in that we have a warehouse and storage vaults, and some customers may have multiple Vaults (units), so adapting the software to our specific needs was a little challenging, but the tech support was great! They helped me through the whole process, showing me ways to adapt the software to meet our needs. I still have issues with the software that are very annoying, but this is directly related to the way we do business and not the software itself. They are constantly doing updates and bug fixes and I have already seen changes and additions to the software that were suggested when we first signed on. The reporting features are good but would like to see more customization in reporting. Overall, I feel we get a great value for the money.

Pros

Ease of use, Visually pleasant, Tech support is always available, helpful and pleasant to speak with.

Cons

Reporting - There is not enough customization in reporting. Customer invoicing and statements are a bit confusing when prorating is being done (the daily, prorated rate does not show up, only the regular monthly amount, followed by the prorated TOTAL. It does not show the customer how we came up with that total).

Brad M.
Industry: Construction

StorEdge rocks!

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Working with the StorEdge team is an absolute pleasure... their platform is already running circles around the competition and the margin is only going to widen from what I have seen.
We use them to run a fully automated self storage platform that utilizes the Janus SecurGuard lock. They are the only ones that can make the whole system actually function correctly!! Beware of other groups claiming the same thing- there is a lot more that goes into it than meets the eye!
Another amazing thing is StorEdge listens to their customers... I feel guilty at times for the onslaught of ideas I throw their way, but to their tremendous credit that have invested in and delivered far more of these ideas than I surely deserve! Do yourself a favor, give them a try..... (And no, they are not paying me to say this stuff! They are one of the few groups I would actually happily write a testimonial for!)

Pros

It works well and is only getting better!

Cons

It can't babysit my five kids, but I guess I can't really blame them for that.

Danielle E.

My experience with StorEdge has for the most part been an easy and pleasurable experience with ease.

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

I'm not certain of the full benefits from this software honestly because I'm just an employee and I'm a fairly new employee to my company. It was already set up before I started working here. But from my own personal experience with working with it I benefit from the ease of using it. It walks you through step by step in the move in process and is easily understandable on what I'm looking at and the steps it takes to move in my customers. Plus when I had only one issue it took StorEdge no time at all to get on top of it and fix it for me and now it works smooth with no complaints

Pros

What I like most about this software... For me being new to computers and softwares it wasn't too difficult for me to learn how to use

Cons

The only thing I like least about this software is when I was having difficulties moving people in to the unit but it has been fixed and works well.

Ciera D.

StorEDGE is an amazing software. It's easy to use but offers a variety of features!

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

I love how easy the system is to use. Not only that, but it is aesthetically pleasing as well. It's clearly on trend and looks up to date. I like how simple it is to navigate through the tasks bar and to find tenant information. On top of all of that, customer service is ALWAYS AMAZING. They are knowledgeable and if they do not know that answer right away, they are quick to find someone who does. I have never had a poor experience with customer service. They are kinda, respectful, patient, and overall wonderful people I enjoy asking for help whenever I need it. They made the transition into my current position as smooth as possible. I simply cannot rave about the customer service enough.

Cons

I know they are working on it right now, but the biggest lacking I can find is not having the ability to email our tenants mass custom emails. We have to create an email list ( which the system allows us to do) but then use a third party website to send mass emails to update tentants. I hope this features comes soon.

Alex E.
Industry: Retail

Very Easy Cloud Based Software to Use

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

As an employee of The Storage Mall, we use Yardi as our software as we switched directly before the new software management came out. Once my father and I bought our own facility, I decided to try out the facility management software with StorEDGE because I liked the idea of a built in rental center. Now that I am using both Yardi and StorEDGE on a consistent basis for both companies, there is easily no comparison: StorEDGE blows the other providers out of the water. I am extremely happy that we made the switch and I am hoping to someday switch the other company over. I love the ease of connecting from online and not having to worry about downloading an application. The ability to pull up tenant information right from my phone is awesome., especially when I am not in the office. Also, the fact that we can E-sign from an iPad or through email has made our life extremely easy. There are definitely some small glitches here or there with this software being so new, but it is corrected in a timely manner that has never been a problem. Overall, very happy.

Pros

Easy connectivity, use on any device, simple to navigate.

Cons

Continual updating has lead to a lot of change, but easy to follow

Brent M.

An outstanding web-based Self-Storage software solution!

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

We have been using storEDGE for close to eight months now and it's been great. We were looking for a web-based program having been with the standalone version of sitelink for 8 years and did a lot of comparisons between both sitelink and storEDGE's online offerings. We decided to go with storEDGE and it's been great. The set-up was effortless, and they took care of the whole process.

Once we were up and running, anytime we have a question we can call and their Customer Service reps are more than happy to help us out and take care of whatever issue we're having or walk us through whatever part of the software we're having trouble with. They always answer the phones ready to help and without any attitude!

And lastly, the software itself is very modern and easy to use. Being web-based, we're able to have the program running on both computers at the same time in our office which is great, as well as our office iPad. And one thing I really loved was that the team at storEDGE seems to release updates and tweaks about every couple weeks to keep things running smooth and introduce new features to the software. We chose to have them build our website as well, so our storEDGE management software integrates perfectly with the website they built to allow for even more features!

I really can't say enough great things about storEDGE, it really is a great solution for those looking to move to a web-based software platform.

Pros

Modern interface, and ease of use. Autopay with credit card billing. And with our website integration, their tenant portal is very useful!

Cons

On occasion the storEDGE site may be unavailable for 5-10 minutes, but it's usually fixed very quickly. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often.

Michael L.
Industry: Real Estate

Very happy with product and customer service.

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Switched from stand alone desktop management system (from the industry leader) when we took over this facility. StorEdge product seemed to be best choice given our plans for the facility. We were looking to run this property remotely a good portion of the time as well as streamline all the office functions. A web based system was a must have in our eyes because of the need to manage remotely. Having the ability to combine the management system, website setup/design and online payment was also important as we wanted to drive occupancy and rates up quickly. StorEdge customer service is always quick to respond to queries and provide resolutions. We may quibble with StorEdge over what change or improvement should be given high priority but overall very pleased with their dedication to maintaining a friendly ecommerce experience for the tenant and operator. Newest upgrade of having customers Esign their move in documents is great for smaller facilities that do not maintain office hours all week. Not quite a paperless system yet but moving closer.

Jonathan J.
Industry: Facilities Services

Love the software and the ability to get in touch with support!

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

When we first started, we were running Storage Commander for our 2 facilities. There were a lot of hang-ups we were having, so when we bought a third site, we new we needed a change. We tried StorEdge out for the new site and quickly realized that it was everything we wanted. With the promise of a facility map and other changes (which have been made and they are sweet!) We switched over a total of 3 sites and 700+ units to StorEdge with hardly any snags. We are very pleased with the software and the developers who are constantly looking for new ways to improve and make the interface more all-inclusive and user friendly. Thank you for always listening, looking for solutions to any problem that comes up, and having a kick-butt team!

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, switching between facilities, corporate wide reports and numbers, online renter's portal, and integration

Great Product - Always room to improve

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Daily tracking measurements, ease of access

Pros

I like the ease of use. I think that the creators of StorEdge truly know how to create a management platform and they customize their platform and reports to the needs of different customers which I think is really impressive because every owner and operator is focusing on different things at the end of the day and have different priorities.

Cons

While I think that StorEdge has their technology and evolution to keep up with industry standards down pat, I do think they have a long way to go in terms of aligning better with the goals of the industry. They need more storage-centric people who have been in the industry for years and know how the field works in order to become the best.

Thea H.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Very user friendly and GREAT customer service

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

storEDGE is very user friendly and intuitive. There are multiple ways to do things, which is helpful and its overall appearance is great. The Customer Service is amazing, I have had more then my fair share of questions and they are always quick to answer and work on issues I may be experiencing. They do consistent updates to the software to continue to improve it and make the user experience for us the business and our tenants better. The only reason for the star reduction is that there have been a few bugs that have taken some time to workout, but nothing I have experienced has made me want to switch to a different software company.

If you are looking for a hosted software that is easy to use, looks good, and continues to improve I would highly suggest storEDGE!

Pros

Easy to use, looks great, intuitive, comprehensive, AMAZING customer service, and a total package.

Cons

Few bugs or limitations, namely in yield management.

Chris M.
Industry: Consumer Services

storEDGE provides a convenient suite of tools to effectively manage any storage facility!

Reviewed on 2017/11/30

One of the great features of storEDGE Management Software is the ability to create task lists and notes that can be shared across all users. This ability has made our facility more efficient and boosts communication between our staff members.

Pros

Cons

If I could say anything about what I personally like the least, it would have to be the fact that we can not click on a tenant's icon picture, to open a close-up of their image. Instead, we have to go through Documents which can take some time to load.

Fred A.
Industry: Construction

Accessive Charge

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

OK

Pros

When I was going to open an account, they gave me an application for credit card processing , then they chnaged the processing company, the first company processing was never cancelled , so for almost a year I had nominal fee charged by the first CC Processing Co, which I never remibursed and Storeedge nver follow up on that.

Cons

Additional small charge by one processing company that never got the busisess.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10