Gong.io

Revenue Intelligence technology for sales teams

Natalie Y.

The Most Valuable Innovative Tool of the Decade

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

I am a raving fan. I don't know if I've ever really been a raving fan of a tool, besides the company I work at (Copper CRM!). I love their UI, their marketing emails which are NOT annoying (how?!?!), and their friendly support team. But mostly- this incredible tool allows me to become a better salesperson. Faster.

Pros

So novel. Yes, other demo softwares allow you to get insights. But Gong takes it to a whole different level. The tips are a prime example of artificial intelligence of the future. I can see exactly what I need to improve immediately after a call- and I check after each one. I set realistic goals that I can actually measure based on recommended best practices that are outlined to me from research that Gong makes available to me- average amount of patience, interactivity, and more that's necessary for a successful sales call.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that I'd like to be able to search more words within demos I've completed. The search functionality is already incredible, as it can pinpoint certain filler words and I can search a variety of terms. If it could capture more, which it likely will as they progress, I'd be thrilled.

Brian R.

It takes a Village

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

It has been a game changer for our entire sales org, as we grow as a company, and especially while we work to align our Global messaging across disparate offices. The Tribal knowledge we can now share is critical to our growth in 2020.

Pros

It creates true accountability across our customer facing teams that we are all properly taking the handoff from one another and moving our narrative forward. It’s the ONLY tool that everyone in our sales org asks for others feedback.

Cons

I’d like to see alerts anytime a specific chosen phrase or word is used by my team so that I can move quicker to resolution and feedback.

Cassandra G.

Gong for biz dev

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

I use gong to listen to recordings of sales calls to look for patterns, areas of improvement, and possible areas of training

Pros

I love the idea that I can get alerts for certain types of calls to review but have yet to do this. I also like that I can read a transcript alongside the recording for extra clarity.

Cons

I do have some difficulty setting up the filters to get alerts for certain calls. I also think the user experience could be a LOT simpler.

Daniel R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Gong for your everyday needs

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

I love how intuitive the software is on the back end. Their AI tech which records, analyses, and transcribes calls seems like magic. Gong makes it so easy to follow up with people and improve my calls Im not sure what I ever did without it

Cons

At times there are snags in usability. The problem with a software that can do as much as going is that it can be tough to organizer it all in a way that is super user friendly. Not a terrible problem to have, better than an easy to use UI that does nothing you want it to I guess!

Michael V.

Gong is a Sales Essential

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Gong has enabled me to be able to quickly assess a rep's performance on calls and easily share improvement points. Also, their blog is one of the best I've ever read.

Pros

Gong has increased my ability to coach my team on their calls exponentially. I love the ability to quickly and efficiently learn what I need to know about the calls and the various ways the Gong platform allows me to understand my team's skill level and coach to that. I also love the ability to create custom scoring rubrics and use them to benchmark the team's progress.

Cons

I have no cons really. Gong is an awesome tool.

Immediate insight into my calls

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Immediate insight into my calls and what I'm doing right & what I can improve upon. It's great to have an easy to use repository for all of my sales conversations.

Pros

The #1 most valuable aspect of Gong for me is that I no longer have to worry about diligently taking notes while on a call with a prospect. I have the best conversations and can listen most effectively when I am walking around the sales floor and fully engaged. When I have to take notes, I miss key things the prospect is saying. With Gong, I can simply go back to the call after and finish up my notes.

Cons

You really have to put in the time and effort with the tool to see results/improvements. As expected with anything though.

Peter C.

Must have for remote sales calls

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

Gong is an intuitive platform that syncs seamlessly with our calendars and meeting software (Gsuite and Zoom). The ability to review calls to make sure I have all the details of an opportunity tracked has become absolutely essential to my process, and I love the AI breakdowns of interactivity, topics covered, etc.

Cons

Occasionally Gong will not automatically connect to the Zoom meeting, but luckily I can addd it manually on the fly

Jp G.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Game Changer!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Gong has become a significant platform that helps us manage our opportunity pipeline and close more deals. It works perfectly with salesforce and our telephony platform in a seamless fashion.

Pros

I love the insights I receive on not only individuals but the team as a whole. The ability to validate beliefs and find opportunities to close more deals is unparalleled.

Cons

I can't really come up with anything, I just needed to write something.

Leigh H.

Great tool to drive sales team effectiveness

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Pros

Easy to use. Great for training new and tenured reps. Provides market insight for non-sales reps that we find very valuable. Has been instrumental in enabling us to continually optimize our messaging while at the same time ensure standardization across all reps. Daily triggered emails are strong.

Cons

You get out of it what you put into it. Simply buying and setting up gong will not deliver ROI. Would also like to see more Hubspot integrations - typically trails SFDC on their release schedule.

Natasha S.

Intuitive and thoughtful

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Saves a lot of time in having to search through SFDC and recordings etc. The transcript and AI also allows me to dip in and get a feel for what my remote team are doing. Listening to call recordings used to be a real pain, mainly due to all the work trying to find them, and make notes, share with team etc.
I think the data collection is also very powerful.

Pros

I no longer have to search through SFDC to find relevant records and then search through recordings to find them. I also love the transcript, and tracking the movement of the accounts through the pipeline. The AI for sales coaching too is great.

Cons

Honestly, nothing I can think of that impacts my usage of the platform. Everything is pretty intuitive. There isn't really a workflow, that could be useful.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Great insights

Reviewed on 2020/01/04

It's a great tool to have to be able to analyze calls; listening back to QA or even to catch up on what's going on.

Pros

The user interface is pleasing and easy to understand/navigate. The search abilities are pretty good too.

Cons

The filters could use some work. There are certain limitations, such as not being able to filter out a specific number from the searches. Transcripts are good, but there are times you have to listen back to the call as it didn't pick up enough words to make sense and transcript it correctly.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easily integrates with GoToMeeting to record calls

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Pros

We use this product to record all of our meeting calls through GoToMeeting. The product is extremely simple since you really don't have to do anything for it to join your call and record. A recorder attendee will join your scheduled call 5 minutes before and start recording when the other party joins and notify them the call will be recorded.

Cons

We have issues with the recorder not showing up to calls on a monthly basis where it won't join in or record for a few days then seems to be fine after. It's inconsistencies have missed some important calls and Gong never seems to know what's going on.

Jenna H.

We use Gong as our call recorders and internal training/coaching.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

It's great for call coaching and accountability on calls with clients.

Pros

The product rocks - it actually analyzes your call and picks up keywords brought up on the call and marks them on the recordings with a marker so you can jump to particular spots of the call. It also pulls the talk time between you and the other caller which is great for call coaching purposes.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons on this product. They are even great about analyzing the call extremely fast too!

Bailey H.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Gong

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Gong has been a great tool for learning and perfecting my sales skills

Pros

I love that Gong gives you trackable data to use as a way to improve your sales skills. It allows you to listen to your sales calls and tracks key phrases that allow you to quickly find what you're looking for

Cons

There is a concern of employee privacy that comes into question when using a platform like this. Management can definitely use as a tool to micro-manage.

James C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Awesome for Sales Reps

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

Love listening to my call recordings days or weeks after a call has happened. Helps me pick up on details I missed. Like that I can skip easily between who is speaking.

I also re-listen to highlights when I have an upcoming call with the same client so I am focused back on the original conversation.

Cons

Would be nice to have it invisible on Zoom. Sometimes customer thinks someone else is on call.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Critical sales tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Gong has helped me close more deals

Pros

- Ability to re visit past calls helps reps understand what is important to the prospect and gather all the important data points (not some)

Cons

- New timeline based interface makes is challenging to navigate to past calls

Ori L.

Gong review

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Pros

Training and improvement of the sales team, my team's calls are finally not siloed, I can review them and the team can learn from them.

Cons

Our touch with the CS team has been minimal, we could have used more training or being pushed to use the features.

Never lose any information from important calls

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Great! I use Gong all the time. I don't know what I did before gong!

Pros

I can review all my calls and take key points that I may have missed and turn my Client's experience into a WOW! moment.

Cons

The transcript is not great, and confusing to follow. I also think the analytics are interesting, but without clear reasons to back up the analytics, they are just white noise.

Claire N.

Gong is the BEST

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

Love the ability to listen to and comment on both my own and my peers' sales calls. It's been an absolute game changer to be able to reflect on how one went and see exactly where I can improve. On top of that, it's great to be able to have a recording incase any important info gets overlooked during the initial call, makes post-call notes/review so much more beneficial.

Cons

Not sure how accurate the bottom "topic" section is (i.e. the part that lists different topics being discussed in the call)

Thomas M.

Great software to review sales calls

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Overall I love the concept of the software and feel it will only get better.

Pros

It allows for you to see highlights in the meetings and common threads. It also allows for you to see most used words as well as things that your prospect said of note.

Cons

I don’t like that it sometimes only picks up what the sales person says and transcribes the information incorrectly.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Amazing Technology! A win for the Sales Rep and a win for the company!

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Not only do we as reps benefit, but there's a huge upside for any business to look at a technology like this. Coaching can now be much more tailored!

Pros

I love that I can go in and listen to past customer calls. When I'm back to back on meetings it's hard to log everything in Salesforce right away, being able to go into Gong and make sure I have everything is really helpful. It's very easy to use and the analytics are really interesting!

Cons

I've been using Gong for almost 2 years and really do like it. But the one thing I hear from teammates is that it can sometimes feel overwhelming. They have said they aren't always quite sure what else to review or how to best utilize the platform.

Stephanie T.

Gong is a Game Changer

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Overall, our experience with Gong has been exceptional.

Pros

I love Gong for many reasons. The most important one is the product ease of use. We can quickly find calls by rep, client, topic, time frame and so much more. Having one place that we can give / receive immediate feedback, store specific calls for training purposes and analyze new sales language has been so valuable.

Cons

I really have nothing to complain about. The Gong team is constantly updating with new features and things to make the product better. I would love it if the app would batch send comments like the desktop version does. I hate knowing that when I'm reviewing a call, each comment comes over as a separate email to the rep.

Graeme G.
  • Industry: Banking

Please don’t buy this - so my team looks better than the competition

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Gong has completely change the way I interact with my staff by reviewing their calls and able to provide relevant feedback as well as being able to loop in other people in other divisions at the right place in the call and of course that they can put their inputs or to be a advised about issues that are relating to them the product itself is simply amazing

Pros

The ability to give almost real-time feedback and Collaborate with other members

Cons

I am addicted!!!
Going doesn’t accurately pick up inbound calls
The transcripts need work

Andrew B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Highly recommenced!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

Gong is incredibly useful in our sales organization. Personally I use it to review my calls/demos and often share the recordings with my customers. For training purposes and account tracking, it cannot be beat!

Cons

Occasionally it can be difficult to search for a specific call.

Joseph T.

A must have!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

I love that Gong not only records calls but also analyzes the calls. It's a great tool to allow you to fully be attentive to your prospect and not worry about taking in-depth notes at the same time. Additionally, if there are others that need to be a part of the conversation, you can send them the entire call or the snippet of the call that is applicable to them.

Cons

I actually don't dislike anything about Gong.