Poll Everywhere Reviews

Poll Everywhere

Poll and survey creation for audience/learner engagement

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used for 2+ years

Amazing interactive survey tool at conferences/classrooms

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

We used at a conference we recently co-hosted and will definitely be using again in the future.

Pros

I have used Poll Everywhere in the past in college for classroom participation and thought it was great. However, more recently in my career we have used it at conferences I have been to that we have helped put on and it is a seamless way to do voting/ratings allowing people to be honest and anonymous.

Cons

I don't have super extensive involvement and have not dealt with customer service, but always excellent in my limited experience.

Kalin
Kalin

Perfect for the Classroom

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

This software is perfect for the classroom setting. It allows for professor-student interaction even in large class settings. The application allows students to review polls that have been issued in the past as well, allowing for effective study of concepts that were tested in class. I would highly recommend sying this software to improve education.

Pros

I am currently a medical student, and my professors have used this software in the classroom to check for understanding and quiz the class. This has been very effective at providing effective testing for students and also for helping professors gauge class understanding. I also appreciate that questions which have been asked to the class are stored within the software so that I can go back and review questions that have been asked before exams. This software helps students succeed and helps educators interact effectively with class members.

Cons

I had very few issues with this software. The only complaint I have is that the Android application sometimes fails to update polls and I am forced to leave and rejoin the session in order to see polls being offered. I did not notice the same issue on iOS.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1-5 months

Poll Everywhere Creates Challenges With Powerpoint

Reviewed on 2021/05/19

Not great. There are other products that have the same functionality [and more] and don't create mayhem when you open up other software. I ended up purchasing Kahoot! that does a lot more and covers the same functions.

Pros

I love the idea of capturing feedback during webinars to make them more engaging and collect data to use.

Cons

This totally messed up my PowerPoint...every time I opened PPT...it would send an error message, open up a webpage and a send log window. Such a mess. Had to uninstall.

Response from Poll Everywhere

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for any issues this may have caused during your presentation. If you don't mind sharing your email address with <[email protected]>, our CEO would like to hear about your experience 1:1 because we consider this an unacceptable situation and would like to learn more about how we can improve.

The Poll Everywhere Team

• Industry: Legal Services

Easy to Use, Highly Functional Polling Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

This app is extremely easy to use and deploy for events.

- Highly customizable - Polls Surveys, integration to various software platforms.
- Easy to use for attendees. Simple setup, instructions.
-Incredibly reliable.
- Excellent value for money compared to renting expensive AV equipment.

Cons

Unfortunately, a lot of the best features are based in the upper tiers of the pricing features.

Currently, I can't see our organization maintaining the higher pricing if the application is not in use more often.

Christian

A Great Way to Make Presentations More Interactive

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

This tool is really helpful to use whether presenting to students or colleagues. It is free and worth the time and energy to incorporate into a slideshow or presentation.

Pros

Using Poll Everywhere is a great way to make PowerPoint and other classroom/conference room style presentations more engaging and interactive. There are several fun and unique ways to have audience members or participants be more involved with the presentation through multiple choice and open-ended questions.

Cons

For the participant unfamiliar with Poll Everywhere, it can be a bit confusing to use the system via a cell phone at first. There are several different numbers/codes that need to be submitted to ensure your responses go to the correct place and are included in the group discussion/responses. However, once the user learns and is logged in, it is easy to catch on.

Dynamic Audience Participation!

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

I used Poll Everywhere to solicit audience participation during a presentation. It was very popular and I received praise from multiple attendees afterwards that they liked the novelty of being able to text a response, and that they felt more engaged. Technically, it worked without any difficulty and it was seamless. I look forward to using Poll Everywhere in the future!

Pros

The ability to easily integrate live audience responses into a presentation. I also appreciate how simple it is to customize the software for your specific needs; there are tons of options to tweak the type of responses, how many responses are allowed, the time frame for collecting data, and how it is displayed. The web interface is easy to use, but I also appreciate having the ability to download a desktop version to integrate with presentation software.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve to figuring out how to best set up questions. You can only collect responses for one question at a time, so managing this can be challenging at first. However, the software offers many ways to change it including timers, so it's easily manageable.

Easy Polls to Share

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

I use Poll Everywhere to quickly get questions answered, to brainstorm ideas, and to engage my audience for presentations whether it is at a staff meeting or for my students. It has been useful and engaging.

Pros

I like that the polls are easy to access and can be displayed in multiple ways - whether it's a graph or a word bank. You can simply make your poll live and then share the link during a presentation so people can answer the questions and see what the results are instantly! It is easy for both children and adults to use for meetings or in the classroom.

Cons

I think the homepage/ website where you create the poll could be more visually appealing. It just does not look very modern.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Poll-Making Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Pros

Customer Service has advanced into websites and social media in this modern day and age. It is also easier to receive customer feedback via online. One way to determine customer feedback is through polls. Poll Everywhere allows our team to determine various feedback. Since responses can be collected through text or Twitter, we are able to reach many customers. This polls are then submitted to our analyst or then presented during meetings. Poll everywhere is a great tool for companies within our industry.

Cons

Customization is oftentimes difficult but it is tolerable since what matters is the poll.

SARAH
SARAH
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Free live polling platform

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

I have used Poll Everywhere in live presentations to gauge audience feedback in an anonymous fashion. Without this resource, due to the nature of topics we were interested in seeking feedback around, we feared we might not get honest responses. Poll Everywhere allowed participants to safely provide honest feedback with a simple text from their cell phones that could be displayed in aggregate on a projected screen in our presentation space.

Pros

Live polling that requires only a cell phone from users and easy set-up on the front-end by the administrator is fantastic. I liked the ease of set-up and the fact that I never encountered any glitches while using this software.

Cons

The free plan (which I used) only allowed for 1 user, so our group had to create a master account that we could all access.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Effective interactive live audience participation tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

I love Poll Everywhere as an interactive piece for presentations, anywhere from small presentations to my direct team, or having participated in larger town hall presentations where surveys are done live. Anytime you can use instant input to garner some buzz about some topic, you'll immediately get everyone's attention. The app is easy to use, interface works well, and company buy-in is convincing.

Cons

I would like to see PE push the envelope in terms of adding layers of complexity to its surveying ability. Perhaps some sort of stratification among demographics that you user profiles could dictate.

Joshua
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent for polling large classrooms and crowds, but has a steep learning curve for user

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Pros

I love that this software can easily integrate anyone with a smartphone into a lecture or talk. It is remarkable that you can see live results of a quiz question, survey, or poll displayed in an embedded way in a powerpoint, and this definitely contributes to improved learning in a lecture setting.

Cons

When I have gone to make poll everywhere slides myself, it took me quite a while to figure it out. The computer app is not good and it almost requires you to make all of your slides on the internet. Moreover, it was not immediately clear to me how to convert slides/polls from one type of question to another, and I continually had to start over with a new question type instead of easily toggling the question type on an already created question.

Helen
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Poll Everywhere Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

Pros

I like how this can be incorporated into class participation. It is an easy software that can really help with learning for the students. Also I like that there are different ways to take polls which is a nice feature about this software.

Cons

It seems like our professors have a lot of technical difficulties with this software, so I am guessing it is not that easy to use.

Shelby
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great for Participation

Reviewed on 2022/10/21

Pros

I love being able to gauge my audience's reaction in real-time and share this back with them in a minute.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software.

Ramya
  • Industry: Research
  • Used for 1+ year

Obtaining people's opinions

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Professors in classrooms have used it to collect our opinions and to gauge our understanding of topics.

Pros

Ability to integrate into PowerPoint presentations.
Audience does not need accounts to sign-in, can open link and answer poll (anonymous).
Various types of polls (single words, multiple choice, yes/no).

Cons

Expensive for the features it provides.
Customization can be improved.

Kendrik
  • Industry: Machinery

Makes meetings Engaging

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Overall, we have loved it, and have no complaints about it. Its the only polling software we use.

Pros

I really love how you can see results real time and helps make meetings much more engaging. The program also works very well with almost no lag time.

Cons

My one complaint is the pricing. While they do offer a "Free" version if you have a lot of participants that not going to work for you. I think the pricing is a bit steep and think they could offer some better options.

Jesse
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Product with Great Service!

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

Polling of an audience during a presentation regarding customer service and experience.

Pros

The software is easy to use and integrates seemlessly into presentation software. Their customer service is fantastic as well as they solved a self-caused issue for me in a speedy amount of time.

Cons

No issues with the software, just the plans that they offer. the free plan gets you 25 participants. The cheapest paid plan does 700 participants and can only be billed annually. It would be awesome if there was some middle-ground for 100 - 200 participants that could be billed monthly or as needed.

Mentimeter

Reasons for Switching to Poll Everywhere

Functionality and integration
Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Research

Poll Everywhere

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

Frequently incorporated into university lectures for occasional knowledge checks

Pros

Encourages students to interact in some way if too shy to do so in person; allows instructors to easily gauge student familiarity with concepts and redirect teaching pathway and methods if needed

Cons

Design seems to be somewhat dated; could have more interface options (besides just multiple choice and free answer)

A student's view on Poll Everywhere

Reviewed on 2023/11/22

Pros

Poll everywhere is easy in use. It's an added value to the lectures.

Cons

I haven't found any negative aspects about Poll Everywhere yet.

Fast to use

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Overall, I would say my experience with Poll Everywhere has been positive and I will continue to use this software.

Pros

What I like most about Poll Everywhere is how fast it is to create a poll and use the poll. This software really does save me a lot of time.

Cons

I cannot think of what I like least about this software because it is a very good software and I enjoy using it.

Emanuela
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Out of the ordinary software

Reviewed on 2023/02/26

An optimal experience for the use you make

An optimal experience for the use you make

Pros

It has features that other similar ones don't have, and I appreciate the fact that it tries to make survey proposals personalized

Cons

The difficulty sometimes in viewing the responses to surveys from consumers

CHRISTOPHER
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Good for Classrooms

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

This is a promising web application with direct applicability in the classroom.

This is a promising web application with direct applicability in the classroom.

Pros

I use Polls Everywhere to quiz students on previous lessons. Classes can begin with three questions via Polls Everywhere to review what students know and how much they remember.

Cons

Limited functionality unless paid membership, and my university has not yet created a contract for faculty. Increased applications specifically for learning environments would help.

• Used for Free Trial

Increase class interaction with Poll Everywhere

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Its simple and easy to use from your computer. Set up is quick. We used this as an alternative to iclicker, which we usually use for response submissions during a presentation.

Pros

It is a great way to test peoples's knowledge with multiple choice questions or having a group of people respond to a question without having to raise their hands. It is a great way to keep people engaged during a lecture or presentation. I like the diversity of response options that it allows; instead of just allowing multiple choice questions, it also allows for true/false, free response, ect.

Cons

There is nothing that i disliked about this software.

JaLisa
  • Industry: Insurance

Poll Everywhere Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Pros

I like that this is an interactive way to test the knowledge of my team. I also use it in calibrations to determine how we would score a specific call. This allows each scorer to think independently and sparks great conversation!

Cons

Sometimes I get confused when implementing it into a PowerPoint presentation.

Hannah
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great polling app

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

I've embedded the app in Power Point so that I can ask my audience questions.

I've embedded the app in Power Point so that I can ask my audience questions.

Pros

I'm using the free version which has some limitations like a maximum of 25 responses per question but is otherwise full of features including a very large variety of question formats.

Cons

There is no pricing scheme for occasional users. I only need the app around twice a year so it's not worth paying for the next tier after the free account so I'm stuck with the free version.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Best Poll and Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

Pros

It helps with polls. I usually send poll to employees getting reviews related to diffrent work load and Yes, This tool helps extremely. 100% recommended and should be used.

Cons

It has nithing which I dont like. Have all the features. Wish It could have something like scraping data from the polls and separately targetting them.