TutorCruncher Reviews

TutorCruncher

Business management for tutoring companies

4.7/5 (82 reviews)

Good software with a range of possibilities, though it takes some getting used to.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Managing tutors' hours is much easier and saves the business valuable time.

Pros

The wide rang of incorporated functions is valuable to businesses.
The ease of logging tutors' worked hours and payroll saves time and effort.
The administrators can easily see the current statistics of the business, giving necessary insights.
The weekly updates on jobs that have gone cold are great for keeping track of which tutoring jobs are still taking place and which have stagnated.
The software also offers payment options which regrettably are not compatible with all international banking institutions.
Multiple user options on a single account makes it simple to manage clients, students and tutors.
The client/user support is fantastic!

Cons

The software is not intuitive to use and takes a while to get used to. The process feels as though it should be streamlined a bit as there is a lot of clicking involved. The back buttons on some of the pages do not work and do not take a user back to the previous page.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review.
We are glad that tutorcruncher helps your business to manage different functions and is easy to use for you and your users. We are happy that you can easily see the current company statistics day by day, it definitely helps you to have a overview of your business at all times.
If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCrucher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

Rory C.

Great piece of software

Reviewed on 2017/03/03

The Profs started using TutorCruncher about half way through our first year of operations, and since then, we haven't looked back. TutorCruncher has freed up a significant amount of administrative time, allowing us to put our time and energy into business growth. It has allowed our company to scale smoothly, and the TutorCruncher team have been open to taking onboard our suggests for changes and extra features to support our business growth. Very happy with the product.

Pros

Smooth integration of all aspects of the business. Easy to use for our contractors, clients, and in house team. Fantastic billing system, integrated with online payment companies for very swift payment turnaround.

Cons

We have dealt with the occasional bug and teething issue, but these are solved very quickly by their in house team.

Response from TutorCruncher

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review, Rory. We are very pleased with the impact you feel our services have had on The Profs, particularly in terms of scalability and growth opportunities that TutorCruncher has helped provide. We are grateful for your prudent and effective suggestions for improving the system and are always happy to continue developing our services in line with the needs of successful businesses like yours. Thanks again, Rory!

Lisa C.

Outstanding experience

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

Adds credibility to our agency by using a professional software.

Pros

The customer support is unparalleled; the live chat service enables us to reach out to the team should we need help at any point. However, the software has been well designed and optimises the user's experience so it's not often we need to do so.

Cons

Not much can be said at this point. Perhaps I could suggest an extra feature; there could be a list of subjects that tutors can manually "select" so that we can reach out to tutors who tutor this specific subject instead of sending out mass broadcasts. Similarly, if there are students who are studying a particular subject / level, perhaps there could be a way of categorising this so that we could send valuable content via email marketing.

Response from TutorCruncher

Thank you for the fantastic review, Lisa. We are glad that the team at Telios Tutors find the system well designed and easy to use, in the event that you might need any support it is always forthcoming! In terms of your email marketing, you can create and apply custom labels to your users so that when you send out broadcasts you can target specific users.

Michelle J.

Tutorcruncher has literally made my administration so much easier.

Reviewed on 2018/03/17

Time is money and this software saves me heaps of time. It has also increased my business's capacity to grow without me having to employ another administration person.

Pros

- easy to track jobs and lessons
- turned my paper lesson reports into electronic ones
- empowers my tutors and clients
- time sheets are managed once tutors mark a lesson complete
- compared to their competition, price versus features is unbeatable
- great support. The guys at Tutorcruncher area always very responsive and they are on the other side of the world for me

Cons

- Credit requests and invoicing is done a little bit different from how I used to do it and required a change to my internal business processes. If there is an amount still owing on a credit request, I'd like to see that marked as transferred to the invoice when the invoice supersedes that credit request
- I don't use it to track tutor pay because our Australian casual employment pay rates are too difficult to implement. I simply export tutor hours and manually enter into Xero's payroll.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Michelle, thanks for the fantastic feedback! We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report. We are proud to know that we provide effective support even if we are on the other side of the ocean! We are working to improve the credit requests. Thanks again Michelle.

Jelena G.

Loving our new operating system !!

Reviewed on 2017/04/10

Tutorcruncher is FANTASTIC and is a refreshing change from the old system we were using.
The features (although we have not fully utilised all of them yet) are fantastic and as we explore the system we are excited to use more and more of the handy features available.
Sam from the support team has been a godsend when it comes to promptly answering any (and I mean any! silly as they may be sometimes) question and problem in detail. Despite the time difference between us in Sydney (Australia) and him in the UK he is always reachable.
Overall the staff and clients are thrilled with tutor cruncher and what it has to offer.

Pros

It is user-friendly. contains all the information in one spot. the support is fantastic and it is accessible by the clients.

Cons

a few minor issues like limited information on reports; I would like to be able to print client balance information.
Navigating from Payment order back to the list sometimes requires a few too many clicks.
Admin should be able to edit lesson charges and change the lesson status once it has been completed, cancelled or even deleted (possibly have levels of admin where the highest level has the permission to change this)

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Jelena, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are really pleased that you have got so much value out of TutorCruncher since you moved over. There is still plenty more for you to take advantage of I am sure, so we look forward to continuing to help you get the most out of our services. Thanks again!

Chase C.

Tutorcruncher is definitely an improvement from our previous software for tracking employee hours.

Reviewed on 2018/03/17

Pros

It is very user friendly! My staff required very little training to learn how to use and implement it. Same with clients once they are sent the link to create their profile they are able to do it with ease as I haven't heard one complaint. Also, automatic package tracking is such a bonus with Tutorcruncher! I also appreciate that you can customize reports for sessions by targeting specific areas for feedback that our tutors and coaches fill out. This helps us increase our quality of service.

Cons

When adding new appointments using the calendar, I wish you could double click on a day to then be prompted to create a new `lesson on the day clicked on. This would further increase efficiency when inputting schedules. It would also be great to be able to mark lessons complete with ease directly from the calendar page. Another thing is deleted appointments it would be great to more easily recover them than having to search through ALL previously deleted lessons; ideally I'd like to go to the job, see the deleted lesson, then click recover to bring the lesson back while I still have the job opened up. Last piece of feedback would be to create more filters (like searching jobs using a tutor filter).

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Chase, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. It makes us happy to know that TutorCruncher is easy to use and even your tutors have no problems in managing and planning lessons with many students. The same happens to clients, once the profile is created they can receive invoices and pay quickly. In this way you can manage your tutoring efficiently and professionally. Thanks for your review!

Tim K.

There aren't too many software providers you'd like to get a beer with

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Too many to mention! They helped us scale, grow and manage a database of 140 clients and maintain intimate connections.

Pros

The customer support on this software is the best I have experienced. We launched our private tutoring service with 0 clients and 10 tutors and they were incredibly supportive and diligent from day 1 helping us towards success. Today they resolved a software error in less than an hour. They've thought of nearly everything in the software and I'm a massive fan of their iconic socket. I understand TutorCruncher is now facing several competitors but I can only give the highest most sincere recommendations.

Cons

The software is fantastic, a few nit picky improvements could be: pagination in TutorCruncher socket and ability to create seperate TutorCruncher socket for different types of tutors. BOTH of which I have been informed are coming soon. AKA How good?!

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Tim, thanks for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review! Scalability plays a big role in our design philosophy and we are happy to read that we could help you to scale, grow and and manage a growing database of 140 clients. We are continuing to improve TutorCruncher Socket and look forward to you using more of its functionality. Thanks again!

Carla-mari M.

Tutor Cruncher is a brilliant system and the staff are super helpful and continue to improve things.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

We are able to manage our daily and weekly activities for our business and also able to track our clients progress along the way.

Pros

How user friendly it is. There are so many options and categories available and they all make things so simple and easy, but are so user friendly to work with. Tutor Cruncher puts everything into place for you, so you just have to slot things in.

Cons

Sometimes things go wrong and we have to wait while that issue is being sorted out. However, the team does sort things out very quickly.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Carla, thank you for leaving us a great review.
We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and schedule management. We are very proud to know that we are providing effective support. I¿m sure you appreciate that we cannot stop 100% of problems, but what we can do is to minimise this risk and then solve them immediately. We always try to do our best!
Thanks again Carla!

Julia A.

Excellent software with first rate support

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Saved me a huge amount of time.

Pros

I am an accountant specialising in the tuition sector and many of my clients use TutorCruncher. The accounting side is excellent and the integration with Xero, Stripe, GoCardless and Telleroo works very well. I have used other tutor management software over the past few years but have found TutorCruncher to be the best by a long stretch. The support is outstanding. I have requested specific reports and features in the past and the TutorCruncher team have been very accommodating.

Cons

If you have very specific invoice requirements (especially if you require very tailored invoices) then make sure that TutorCruncher can accommodate this. Although this might be a limitation of the accounting software (Xero or Quickbooks Online) rather than TutorCruncher.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Julia, thanks for the fantastic feedback! We are very proud that you found TutorCruncher better than other softwares. We are happy that you can now manage your accounting business more efficiently by integrating TutorCruncher with other systems such as Xero, Stripe, GoCardless and Telleroo. As you know, we want to offer excellent support, it's nice to know that we are doing it. Thank again Julia for your amazing review!

Joe B.

This was the missing piece in the jigsaw of our business. Thank you.

Reviewed on 2018/03/17

It means we don't need a library of files of information. All our clients and tutors info is at our fingertips

Pros

How it organises our accounting structures, and allows me to quickly create a job and post out to our tutors, and I also like the editability of the messages

Cons

I never really know what the user experience is for our clients and our tutors. I don't know when they get there reports and what happens if they pay their invoice on time. I'm sure I could find this out if I made myself a client and went through that whole process, but it would be great if you had a section of screenshots displaying the user experience of our clients and tutors at each step of the way.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Joe, thank you very much for your excellent review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to organise the accounting structures and payment. You always have access to your Demo Branch on tutor which does allow you to role play to visualise how your clients and tutors interact and engage with your system. Thanks again Joe.

April B.

An affordable software that is great for business management.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/05/04

I was able to quickly connect my students with tutors that could help them with their specific needs involving coursework.

Pros

This software is super affordable and is a bargain when considering all of the extra features that you receive. I am a huge fan of the fact that the software is accessible from almost anywhere using any device including my cellphone. The monthly pricing system is great as it allows my company to purchase a subscription for as many months as we see fit instead of being stuck with it if we do not like, fortunately this software meets all requirements for both teacher and students.

Cons

The biggest downside to using this software is the fact that I can not host it on my own domain. I wish that this were possible, but at this time it is not. I also would like to see a cheaper support option initiated.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi April, thanks for taking the team to leave us a review. We are glad you think that TutorCruncher is priced to give you great value at the same time as meeting all your core needs. We do have an Enterprise price plan which allows you to have your system accessed via your own domain, though this is a premium service which we discuss on a case by case basis. Additionally, our dedicated support service is excellent value for money given the level of insight and engagement on offer. I would encourage you to take a look at these areas!

Stephanie R.

We've used the program for our small tutoring business for the last 4 years.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Tutor cruncher is a vital part of our tutoring business.

Pros

I like how there are continual updates to the software with new features being added all the time. I like how easy it is to add sessions.

Cons

I would like it if newly created invoices also contained a line that states how much they owe on previous invoices and give a total amount owing for all invoices.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Stephanie, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are very proud that during these 4 years with TutorCruncher you have found it an effective way to develop your business. As you know, we continue to work to stay up-to-date with new technologies and more practical and fast tools. Thank again for the review Stephanie.

Harrison M.

TutorCruncher is an effective and useful website that has improved my company's effectiveness.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

As previously mentioned, tutorcruncher streamlined my company's operation, as we became larger and harder to manage. Tutorcruncher solved significant software and administration issues.

Pros

The consolidation of information, and its ease of access are the main advantages of using tutorcruncher.

Cons

Tutorcruncher can be occasionally difficult to use, with some unfortunate design flaws. One issue I had was with the labelling tutors option. Finding how to create a label caused me to apply this label to every tutor in the company, which took a long time to fix. Both the functions for creating, and removing labels en masse are frustrating to use.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Harrison, thank for your great review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to run your tutoring business in an easy and effective way. You can apply labels to your users in bulk by filtering, this may help you to save time in labelling, https://help.tutorcruncher.com/setup/#what-is-a-label. Thanks again for your review Harrison!

7.0/10
Rushil S.

Very efficient system. Handles all the difficult and menial tasks.

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Takes away all the admin.

Pros

Quickest and easiest way to create and send invoices. Pipelines structure very effective in determining qualified leads. Broadcasts are fun and interactive and very easy to send targeted broadcasts based on labels.

Cons

Integration with websites unavailable. Would like our customers to be able to create an account and book trial sessions without initially getting their details.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Rushil, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are really pleased that TutorCruncher has proved so useful in facilitating effective tutoring management helping you with payments and billing. We can confirm that soon customers can book lessons via the website, we are working to create this new opportunity for you and all your users. Stay tuned! Thank again for your review Rushil!

Florian N.

Amazing and extremely helpful software!

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

The software provides almost every function you could wish as a tutoring agency. Bugs are fixed immediately and the after sales service is great. These Features is going to help any tutoring Company all over the world to increase their income and decrease their costs.

Cons

Only one Point, and only interesting for a few of you: Unfortunately, the software is still not translated into German. Maybe Tutorcruncher should consider this soon, there is a huge tutoring agency market in the German speaking countries like Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Response from TutorCruncher

Thank you for taking the time to write us a fantastic review, Florian. We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and that it helps you grow your business. Thanks again!

Zac N.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Pros

The software is great but even better than that is the customer service provided by reps. They are always extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Cons

The revenue snapshot could be more helpful (instead of comparing to previous 28 days would be more relevant to compare to the same period in the previous year).

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Zac, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are delighted that you have been able to get so much out of our software over such a long period of time. We are always happy to provide a high quality of customer service to help you get the most out of our system!

Great software; the single platform where tutors, managers, clients and students can refer to

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Central platform for all parties concerned in a tutorial company.

Pros

- Functionality - creates and records lessons accurately
- Feedback system - especially fits with our business

Cons

- Ease of use - it's sometimes confusing when you want to edit previous lessons, such as deleting them, changing their feedbacks and such. Sometimes you can click into a lesson that says "Editable" but then you cannot delete it. Would be better if the rules around how lessons can be cancelled/deleted are more clear.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello there, thank you very much for your review. We are glad that TutorCruncher helps your business to manage different areas of the business, such as managing relationships with your tutors, clients and students. It is also good to know that you find the lesson report system useful when you record lessons. If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCruncher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

6.0/10
Perry G.

Tutorcruncher is a great product, I don't know how I'd run my business without it.

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

Pros

The features in this product take away the hassle of running my business. The ease of use is great, and the team have thought very hard about what tutoring agencies need.

Cons

The search functionality could be better at displaying results in a more user friendly way. Otherwise a great product.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Perry, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are pleased to know that TutorCruncher is helping you a lot in the management of your business, even to say that you would not know how to do without! We are happy that TutorCruncher is easy to use and allows you to perform many tasks. We are working hard to improve the functionality of the system and the search functionality will soon be better at displaying results. Thank you very much Perry for you great review.

Rich P.

Game-Changer

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Pros

When it comes to managing a team of tutors, this software - at least of the ones I've tried - is the most complete package: detailed profiles, automatic invoicing, filters and maps - these are just a few of the well-thought-out details.

Cons

My biggest request would be for them to integrate further payment options. Currently, Stripe is the only option, but it'd be great to have further choices.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Rich, many thanks for taking the time to give TutorCruncher a review, we really appreciate that! We're happy to hear that you find TutorCruncher the most complete software on the market. Besides Stripe, you are also able to take payment from your clients via GoCardless (Direct Debit), and we'll be integrating with other payment gateways like PayPal, PayFast, WeChat Pay, and AliPay in the future. We would be happy to hear from you what gateways you'd want us to integrate with, so don't hesitate to get in touch Rich!

Jessica H.

Getting accustomed to TutorCruncher as a new platform has been very easy.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

built in invoicing and credit tracking features for client accouts.

Pros

Many features are intuitive to use and don't require a lot of training. Whether its administrative features, client features or tutor features, I am able to easily address questions from all of our users. There have only been a few instances where I've need to seek out support from the TC team or reference the user guide. In those instances, I have always gotten the answers I needed with out a lot of hassle.

Cons

There are some limits to how you can sort client and student lists. Additionally, when users go dormant or jobs are finished these values still remain in the search and maps feature. It would be more helpful to have these types of values go dark in these features.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Jessica, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review.
It is our pleasure that the use of TutorCruncher is easy and functional for you, as we aim to improve the connections between administrators and other users. This means deep relationship of trust and professionalism with tutors and close connection with the parents and students. We are continuing to improve the way to how you can sort client and student lists to ensure that the data you see is always pertinent to your needs.
Thanks again for the review.

Ben W.

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

Easy as a tutor to see lessons and write reports etc. Works well most of the time and helps us find new tutors too.

Cons

Funny little bugs like the back button being stuck on a loop so it is unlike a back button elsewhere. Formatting irregularities when using mobile devices or tablets

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Ben, thank you very much for leaving us a great review. We are very happy that with TutorCruncher you can manage your business easily. We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report and the way that you can find new tutors. We are continually working hard to create an optimal version of the system that is perfectly adaptable to smartphones and tablets. Thank you.

Steven F.

Incredible customer service

Reviewed on 2018/03/24

Pros

Love the customer service! Also, this CRM makes our life so much easier in managing tutors and client invoices.

Cons

Nothing to say, they are a great team and they are always there to provide great customer support. Good job!

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Steven, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are very proud to know that you get great benefit from the support we provide. We are delighted that TC has helped you streamline your company's services and that it helps managing tutors and client invoices. Thanks again for your amazing review.

Jonnie B.

Sometimes frustrating, but with quick resolution

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

The use of pipeline has significantly smoothed out our client management, making fewer errors and more punctual processing of requests.

Pros

The fact that the developers are available to chat during work hours for customer support. The response time is so fast that any issues we've had with operating Tutorcruncher have been quickly resolved.

Cons

The software is sometimes quite restrictive, meaning simple tasks can often take a long time with convoluted workarounds.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hi Jonnie, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled that you have been able to better process your client management by using the CRM systems within TutorCruncher, such as the pipeline. We are hopeful that we can continue to make changes and improvements to improve your experience of using the system in line with our expectations on what using TutorCruncher should feel like. Thanks again for your feedback!

3.0/10

Extremely positive. Powerful efficient software which streamlines many tasks, & gives insights

Reviewed on 2017/10/28

Pros

Ease of use, allowing tasks which would otherwise be difficult to be performed very quickly. Extremely high quality customer support which is happy to talk you through complex tasks and to assist with the set up.

Cons

There is something of a learning curve, this said it isn't steep. It isn't entirely flexible and some simple ( but rarely performed tasks) can be a little time consuming. Occasionally I have experienced strange issues e.g. a customer who couldn't log into the system. This said, there is always an easy solution.

Response from TutorCruncher

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We are always eager to collaborate with our users so that we can help TutorCruncher work for them, providing solutions to problems and creating new opportunities for your company. Thrilled to see you would recommend us so readily to another user!

Brandon V.

This website is good and well thought out and saves me a lot of time from calculating tutor's pay.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/18

This website saves me a lot of time from calculating tutor's hours and pay compared to other websites.

Pros

I do like how this website calculates the pay and hours for the tutors. It saves me a lot of time which allows me to focus more on other tasks.

Cons

I dislike how the website keeps sending emails to my gmail when a job becomes "cold." I tried searching google and the tutorcruncher website on how to disable it, but can't find the solution. It is very annoying to have my gmail be flooded with these emails. I would like to see an option to disable this on tutorcruncher.

Response from TutorCruncher

Hello Brandon, thank you very much for you great review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to run your business, in this way you can save a lot of time and dedicate it to other activities. TutorCruncher has many areas which you can customise, for example, you can disable these particular types of emails. See this page on our help site for more: https://help.tutorcruncher.com/scheduling/#why-has-a-job-gone-cold. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Brandon.