Showing 12 reviews of 6

EngagementHQ

Online community engagement and public participation tools

Showing 12 reviews of 6
Becky T.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Fantastic customer service

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Overall, we've had a good experience with EngagementHQ. The sites are pretty user-friendly, especially with this year's update and the new customizable home page features. Customer service is great, and our clients have been happy with their sites. The team at Bang The Table has been open to our suggestions for new features, and we're hopeful that the tools and features will continue to get even better.

Pros

Customer service is EXCELLENT. Any time I have a question or concern, I use the chat feature to direct message a technician who walks me through the issue. Everyone I have dealt with has been friendly and helpful - and they often sign off with a Harry Potter meme or something that reminds me that I'm talking to a REAL person!

Cons

I wish there were additional features in the Places tool. In this year's pandemic, we've had to move all of our urban planning public engagement events online, and one of the "in-person" activities that we've had a hard time replicating is our mapping exercise. We typically print large paper maps of towns and cities and allow the public to add colored stickers in areas where they'd like to see growth and development. We also ask them to circle areas and neighborhoods, and to draw lines where they'd like to see future connections. The Places tool only allows people to place markers. I'd like for them to be able to draw polygons and lines as well.

Jessica B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Overall EngagementHQ has been a great platform to use for our clients. It is easy to set up and administer and has provided us with a way to continue to do virtual public engagement activities during the pandemic.

Pros

It is easy to set up and user friendly. It is great for sharing information and also gathering input from the public.

Cons

I wish there were more features in the Places tool such as allowing people the ability to draw lines and polygons, not only place markers. Since we are using EngagementHQ a lot more for public engagement it would also be nice if there were addons such as a chat function that would allow the public to chat with us from the website and something for accessibility that would allow people the ability to change the text size, text spacing, make it dyslexia friendly, change contrast, etc.

Casie H.

Local government use of EngagementHQ

Reviewed on 2021/02/13

We were able to reach a broad audience by doing simple engagement online, saving time, money and effort of notalways having to be in the field face to face. More engagement with the community happens as a result. A great comms tool aswell.

Pros

The ease of use, customisation, ability to schedule, support other engagement you are doing with easy to use digital engagement. Building a database of community members. Reporting that is simple to use with a variety of reporting options s

Cons

Customising your database to fit an engagement project is clunky. Not being able to bulk remove a tag is extremely annoying.

Lauren H.
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Let's Talk...

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

I have worked with Bang the Table since 2017, during my time at Bury Council and now at Manchester Council, communicating mainly with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Both [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been a pleasure to work with. Both are professional, knowledgeable and entirely friendly and welcoming into the Bang the Table family. Both [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have always endeavoured to answer any questions or queries either myself or colleagues may have had. They are quick to answer emails and have no problem hopping on a telephone call or video call to provide a demonstration. I am a huge advocate for the Engagement HQ platform, I think it is an absolute asset to Local Authority engagement. The engagement tools are innovative yet easy and accessible to use for the participant. The dashboard reporting is perfect for the analytics we desperately need for our research based strategies and City plans. I have used the 24/7 chat/help function within the site and can confirm that the help you receive from the team behind the scenes to advice and support any issues are fantastic, The quick responses, attention to detail in resolving any problems is very helpful - and the GIFS make it all the more better! There is certainly an appetite for this technology in the digital age that we find ourselves in and I hope to have Manchester City Council on board soon!

Pros

Although the range of tools are fantastic, the best thing about the site for me is the two way communication element. Yes it is a site to gather information from a participant - but it's also an opportunity for the host to share information - to be able to share relevant social media pages, share important documents, share useful websites, share contact information for professionals that may be able to help etc is fantastic. It's a two way street for gathering insight, sharing and communicating with communities and residents, the 360 approach to the design framework is on point.

Cons

The thing I struggle with is having images that aren't blurry. This is probably something to do with the images I have access to and not necessarily the fault of the EHQ platform but generally blurry images are my bug bear.

Response from Bang the Table

Thank you for your continued support, Lauren! We're excited to see you bring EngagementHQ to Manchester City Council and the impact you will have with the community. ~ Team Bang the Table

Rachel B.

First steps

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

I can definitely say that I have had a positive experience the EngagementHQ so far.

Pros

So far I've found the software easy to use and intuitive. It's laid out in a logical manner and doesn't take long to get to grips with the essentials. The customer experience seems equally easy to use and engage with. It also offers the users confidence as different projects all have the same look and feel even though the tools might differ.

Cons

Still learning at the moment so difficult to say but I haven't come across and sticky moments yet

Viv C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

So simple to use!

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Love it!

Pros

You don't need to be a programming fiend to use this product! It's quick and easy to use, and has a very clean interface.

Cons

Lack of font type and colors; inability to delete mistakes

Response from Bang the Table

Thank you so much for your feedback, Viv! Happy to hear that you're finding the platform easy to use. I'll pass along your thoughts on fonts and colors to our Product team. Cheers ~ Team Bang the Table