Showing 62 reviews of 52

Guidebook

Codeless mobile app building platform for events & training

Showing 62 reviews of 52
Nick A.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Simple Setup for Events

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Guidebook helped me plan and coordinate a staff PD day for my school district. Users were able to interact throughout the day and plan out the sessions they wanted to attend digitally, without needed to carry a paper copy with them. This also helped me promote our day/event as well as provide acknowledgment to those companies that helped support our event.

Pros

Guidebook is a pretty easy tool to use when coordinating, planning, and scheduling events such as conferences and organizational/ company days. I have used in education when planning PD days for our district or when attending conferences. best part is the mobile app that users get to use and interact with when you make it live. Decent amount of included capabilities as well, that are in the free program, including images, and a feedback system.

Cons

When using with the free program, you are limited to the total number of downloads of your mobile app. I assume when paying this will change. As of now, the free version has sufficed.

Kris S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Campus welcome information

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

We know that the majority of our first-year students were able to download the Guide, so we were able to communicate with them for their first weeks. Families who used the Guide were complementary.

Pros

It puts the essential information in the hands of the people who need it. It's easy to navigate. Icons are universal and understandable. Sending out schedule changes, updates, or reminders is a great feature. Easy for the guest to create a custom schedule.

Cons

The hardest part is taking a nice, orderly word document and getting into excel format to upload. It's hard to put one session with multiple sections into a format that works for the guest to easily choose and add to their personal schedule. Guest can't add non-Guide events to schedule.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent tool for conferences, training, orientations etc.

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Significantly reduce printing costs and paper usage. Allow individuals to plan better. Send updates in a timely fashion. Allow users to interact with each other.

Pros

I have used guidebook for a few years now. Most of my usage experience has come as a conference attendee. I no longer need to get tree-killing printed conference schedules (unless I am presenting, then I want a copy)!
The tool is very easy to use in most situations. You can create a registration/check-in for folks, put in guides, schedules, reminders, and push notifications to users.
I have explored using it for my own office as well, and had worked with guidebook to set up a trial. I thought the tool was very useful for our work (University - training undergraduate student staff), however, the price was a little too high for the extent to which this product would have been helpful, so I decided not to go through with this.

Cons

The schedule explore can be a little clunky, it will not keep your place at times, randomly refresh itself, etc. The search feature can be your best friend if you know what you are looking for, because the organization system is not designed for any specific context, which means that while it is good for many different uses, it leave a little to be desire in each specific context.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Way to Build an App for an Event

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

We needed the ability to build an app for a large conference that attendees could use to build their agenda and that we could use to communicate in real time. Guidebook gave us that power, even though we didn't have tech/coding experience or knowledge.

Pros

I like how easy and user-friendly it is. I do not have coding experience myself, but I'm able to use Guidebook to create an app for a large conference. Many people on my team can be admins, and we can all edit, add photos, insert descriptions, and make sure everything looks great. The end result looks awesome on mobile devices and takes our conference to the next level. I also love the metrics, which help us know where to put our efforts/improvements.

Cons

We use this every year, and when I log on it always defaults to first app rather than the most recent one. This isn't a huge deal, but it is annoying.

Kathleen F.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to use, great product!

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

This software made my company look more professional during our events, which made me look good!

Pros

For the infrequent, smaller user, it is wonderful that we can use the product for free. It is so easy to use and well received by those who have access to our Guidebook. Thank you so much for a great product!

Cons

The only con I have is that I wish there was a subscription between the free option and the next level.

Casey W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great for conferences

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

KACRAO has used this software for our annual conference for two years. I uploaded the program last year and after a few initial glitches, I read the instructions, those clearly defined what my issue was. I then uploaded the program and it was great for our organization to be able to use it throughout the conference. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to utilize an online program for an event.

Pros

We have used the free option for a couple of years and it is easy to use and update. The customer service is great too.

Cons

I had a little issue uploading the program initially and ended up having to delete duplicates times three! I should have read the directions more clearly to begin with.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Decent app to view material

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

I love the fact there are detail sections for each events and can set reminders, etc

Cons

would be nice to have a dark mode setting if possible

Beth Y.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

We set up an app through Guidebook for our annual company retreat - everyone LOVED it!

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

We saved countless hours (and paper) by not having to prepare physical binders containing all of the information for our attendees. Everyone loved not having to carry the binders around with them in order to know where to be, where to go, what to do, etc.

Pros

It was extremely easy to use, update and customize - even with the free version. I will be creating an app for everything now - personal vacations, corporate events and more!

Cons

The publishing process was a little confusing. Maybe I skipped over some prompts at the beginning that explained it but I had to go digging in the help section for an article that explained how to do it and what happened at each stage.

Stephanie A.

Convenient and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

It is so easy to use. I love that I can edit on the fly. It saves a ton of paper and makes it possible to keep all of the information updated that needs to be absolutely current. I have used it on trips and with with large groups.

Cons

At this point in my use of this product I have not run into any of he typical frustrations. It is simple and accessible.

Sheldon A.

Guidebook Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

Recently attended a Aquatics Conference in Ontario, Canada. The simplicity of using this software made the conference so easy to navigate and see things that i had missed before. included maps, locations, people. So many great aspects.

Sara S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Guidebook for Orientations/Training: Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Overall if you have the budget for this product I would highly recommend it. It's a fantastic tool to use for small, large, or midsized events, and very easy to use on the back end to schedule and upload information, but also very user-friendly for those who will actually be attending and utilizing the app to move and shake with their schedules.

Pros

Something that I liked most about this software is the scalability and the ability to update in real time. I cannot tell you how much this saved us during orientation trainings for our student staff when I was a Resident Director. We had instances where rooms were changed at the drop of a hat, or lunches/sessions were altered on start or end times and being able to update their schedule within the Guidebook app saved us and prevented catastrophe of having to let everybody know by word of mouth or e-mail; which none of our student staff would check during orientations. For scheduling snafus like this, it really saved the day with the real time updates and made everything seem seamless and like it was running smoothly, even if on the back end planners were running around like a bunch of crazy chickens.
This was really great for CRM integration too which was important to us for tracking/data purposes.

With syncing and list creations too, you can really impact things big time. For example, we could use this for student events and track ROI for our programs/budget, and also look at new leads for potential future programs with vendors or groups on campus. The possibilities are all there, and you can really customize this to fit your needs.

Cons

Pricing was really dicey for us as we had limited budget for large training groups. You have the options for self versus full service to kind of play around with. Unfortunately with budget cuts we weren't able to sustain using this. With the full service you can control branding which is AWESOME though, so if you have need for that it's really something to consider!

Nate A.

Love Guidebook

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Love Guidebook. Simple, easy, effective. And great customer service.

Pros

We love using Guidebook. It's so simple to teach other editors as well as edit myself. Even though the layout is simple, it's still easy to get creative and intentional with.

Cons

With we had more control of layouts. An easier way to put in static maps as PDF files would be great too,

Kayla F.

Guidebook is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Guidebook was the first time that we switched from a paper program for participants to an electronic app. It has brought our company's events into the 21st century and truly improved the experience of our event participants. Not only that, but it is a great improvement for those who have to create these guides for participants. My current supervisor had to create these paper programs and she always tells me how much she hated it! For me, it is wonderful to build technological skills and actually have fun creating this service for our participants.

Pros

The ease of use! Everything is very straight forward and even if I don't know how to do something, the support team responds in record timing. I enjoy the customization and easy drag and drop features. I also love the ability to copy content from one guide to another to save time on building.

Cons

Sometimes there are small glitches that cause me to have to reload the page, but nothing crazy. Any issues that arise are totally normal (nothing is 100% perfect) and are resolved quickly. I do wish that the sponsor cards could be copied to the next guide as they are usually the same.

Julie L.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Guidebook is a one-stop shop for conferences

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Guidebook eliminates the need for any printing, which cuts down on costs and waste. Guidebook makes it easy to stay on schedule, with maps and reminders. Connecting with other attendees is easy too, through the app, without needing to give more personal information than what you'd like while still having a way to network.

Pros

I have used Guidebook at several conferences, and love the ease of use as well as the total elimination of printed schedules and information. With the option of selecting what events I am planning to attend (and setting calendar reminders as well!) out the menu of offerings for any given day or time period, this makes scheduling a breeze. Maps, powerpoints, speaker notes, and options for social networking allow attendees to have any information they need just with one app.

Cons

For my purposes, I didn't have any complaints about this software or its utilization.

Leslie R.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Guidebook Excels as interactive meeting guide

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

The experience was unparalleled, especially when it came to the support. As a once-a-year-user, many aspects of the program are updated from one year to the next and the support I received in navigating the newest platforms was always prompt, efficient and on-target

Pros

The ease with which I can manage all aspects of the program, as well as the success rate for people using it onsite. Even those who may be 'technologically challenged' found it easy to download and easy to use

Cons

For my purposes, I could not find any part of Guidebook that was difficult or unclear to understand, learn or use.

Garry T.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Guidebook is Making Our Printed Program Obsolete!

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

We are printing fewer program books for our conference and I expect we will ultimately stop printing them altogether. That saves us money.

Pros

Guidebook gives our conference attendees a complete program in their pocket (on their phone). I like being able to upload the schedule, exhibitor information, etc. from Excel.

Cons

There are a few things I'm still figuring out, such as uploading bulk photos. It's not that the software doesn't do it, but at least for me, the learning curve is a bit steep.

Kelsey H.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great as a conference attendee; okay as an event organizer

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Overall, I've had a positive experience with Guidebook. It has the capability to be an incredibly useful tool!

Pros

I loved using this as a conference attendee. It was great to have the entire conference schedule on my phone with the ability to add my personal sessions, view a map of where the session rooms were located, and review each individual session.

Cons

We used this at our University for an Open House event we held, and it was not as easy to set up for our guests as I would have assumed. Since our Open House utilized all of campus rather than one building, getting the map feature to function effectively was difficult. When I had questions during set up, I was directed to view online help tutorials, which were not always that helpful.

Lynda D.

Education Conference Tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Guidebook was an important cornerstone to our conference planning and implementation.

Pros

Guidebook helped us organize all of our conference and session logistics in a way that college students loved to engage with. As the guide designer, I found the tool so easy to use.

Cons

The guidebook download takes up a little bit of space on student's phones, which a few complained about.

Whitney S.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Guidebook App is the perfect way to go green and maintain functionality

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

We loved our experience with Guidebook. It has so many great and valuable features. Attendees loved it, and it was highly used. Customer service was also responsive and helpful.

Pros

The app is great to build your conference schedule and have attendees be able to view sessions and then add the sessions to their own schedule. Our attendees enjoyed the interactive feature to post pictures and questions for all to see.

Cons

Guidebook is expensive, but I'm also not aware of cheaper options with as good as quality as Guidebook.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Great App for Customizing Schedules!

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Pros

I appreciate the price point, as it allows organizations to only pay for users who are actually downloading and utilizing the app. The ability to upload schedules form a spreadsheet is also helpful.

Cons

I don't believe there's an option for users to rate/review sessions they're attending at an event. This can make getting feedback more difficult.

Alex S.

Guidebook was AMAZING for our annual event!

Reviewed on 2015/11/25

We used Guidebook for our most recent annual conference and are definitely planning to use them again! Overall it was a wonderful experience and I'm extremely bullish on the product. The content management system was intuitive and easy to use. I only had a few minor questions, and it was extremely easy to be in touch with their support team, who proved equally helpful and personable. The overall feedback on the app from attendees was overwhelmingly positive, and we we're able to eliminate printing 100%.

Sam H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Excellent Tool for Training Schedules!

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Pros

It was built to make it easy to use, and very easy for my students to navigate. Also, it had an option literally created for what I needed it to do (RA training)

Cons

N/A - the only thing that didn't work for us is that our budget is pretty small and now we cannot use this tool bc of the cost.

Jill J.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

We used Guidebook for a recent conference and loved the having everything at attendee's...

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

It's a one-stop-shop at your fingertips. Saving trees and money not reproducing tons of materials.

Pros

Easy to use. Comprehensive. Ability to customize to fit your agency and/or event. Even have the ability to create a QR Code scavenger hunt.

Cons

For those who are technologically challenged it takes some extra manpower to assist them with the app.