Carsforsale.com

4,7
Samantha O.

Excellent value and utility

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

Signing on with Carsforsale.com has allowed me to trim my budget without losing any revenue (sometimes you trim a lead generator and are surprised to notice an effect when you thought they didn't perform). This isn't the case - moving to Carsforsale was wonderful for us professionally.

Pros

I honestly am very satisfied with all of the utility and versatility of Carsforsale.com. We were looking for a more price-effective option for a website. What we did not bargain on was ALL of the tools that came with. Not only do we have our website, but it accurately lists our inventory and the updates are nearly instant. We also enjoy the export to our other lead generators as well as Facebook Marketplace. It is seamless and easy.

Cons

There isn't anything that I strongly dislike about our Carsforsale.com website. One thing I wish we had more option with is images on our website or the ability to add pages. However, given the price tag - I'm not going to get too worked up about it!

Josh P.

Best Bang for your Buck

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Their Customer service is 5 star very knowledge able and always there to help.

Pros

We are a independent Dealer and for one price we get an amazing website with unbelievable tech support and easy to understand and follow basic CRM to track our leads, plus they help us post to social media. Have an app to use, plus you get to post all your units on their listing sight on top of all that! BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK HANDS DOWN!!!!

Cons

Wish it was easier to assign the lead to my sales people from the APP.

Dan E.
Industry: Automotive

Great option for used dealership startups

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Overall great experience. For $99 the service is a bargain. US based company with domestic support. A great value.

Pros

Very easy to use. It gets the job done for small dealerships starting out. Very easy to post vehicles and software is relatively glitch free.

Cons

All of it's features are as basic as they come. When adding a vehicle, you are only able to log 1 cost for the vehicle and doesn't give you the option to add more. Just 1 cost line. CRM is very basic and does not have the ability to distinguish where the leads are coming from.

Steve L.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

whenever I call in for help, I am able to resolve my issue. Usually is just user error!

Pros

Easy to add inventory and check on VINs. Great for uploading pictures as they are formatted as the best format needed for the website.

Cons

integration with Craigslist and Marketplace could use some work

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Steve, our customer service team tried reaching out to you but, unfortunately, we weren't able to catch you. If you get a chance, please give us a call back to discuss some of our tools to help you leverage them for the maximum amount of leads possible. Give us a call at (866) 388-9778 and we'll walk you through next steps with our integrations.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Grant R.
Company size: Self Employed

The best website and independent auto dealer advertising interface without breaking the bank.

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

They have been great for the 9+ years I have used them. I havnt changed and won't.

Pros

Inexpensive. User friendly, always updating. Great for posting to mass alternative websites. very good phone app to quickly upload inventory or delete it.

Cons

We lost the craigslist posting tool long ago but the rest of it still makes it great. Not many or any flaws that i am aware of.

Alicia B.

Can't Be Beat

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

The value carsforsale offers can't be beat! They stay up to date on the latest trends and have a great customer support. The easy to use software makes it fast to make changes to your website, vehicles and print multiple forms as well.

Pros

Quick and easy to make changes, great customer service, quality product for a fantastic price. There isn't anything I don't like!

Cons

When trying to print the window sticker the margins are not set correctly so they get cut off. In order to use I have to transfer them to a word doc and edit them.

Carlos G.

owner

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

it is a great experience

Pros

has the live software, fats and esie to use

Cons

i like all nothing wrong with the website

Jose G.
Industry: Automotive

Valuable to our business.

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Not familiar with another product that would match the services offered by Carsforsale.com.

Pros

The social media integration fits our model perfectly. The ease of use. Real time editing. Easy and quick integration with other 3rd Party vendors for feed exportation.

Cons

Would be even better if it had more dealer website templates.

David K.

Great Value

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

No complaints. They are accessible and a valuable part of our online marketing efforts.

Pros

Newly added features and benefits. Printable features, dynamic web page.

Cons

Template availabilty/ability to customize page settings.

Cory M.

Good Overall Product for Small Dealerships

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

I have used Carsforsale.com at the last two dealerships I worked at and have been using it for over 6 years now. It is a good product for the size dealerships I was running and never considered switching to a more complete solution, price is excellent and keeps us here!

Pros

It is inexpensive and implements all the features you need to get a small dealership going and growing!

Cons

Websites need to be more customizable and need to implement a better solution for dealers that have more than one location

Rachel G.
Industry: Automotive

Above average software/below average customer support

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

The Carsforsale.com platform is the only one I have used so I do not know any comparable platforms. However, I may start looking this year for other platforms as this one does not seem to be scaleable as my business grows. It is very generic. The upside is the website never goes down and has never had a bug in it that required work arounds. It is an average experience.

Pros

The software is user friendly for both the customer and the business. The customer can easily view product and contact the business. The business has ease of adding and deleting inventory as well as many reports that show where business is coming from and what is driving interest in certain types of inventory.

Cons

The program language is not compatible with other software in the industry. Automatic updates are often 2-3 days behind real time. An item no longer in inventory will reappear on the website because it was available in the update from yesterday. It does require monitoring daily to ensure accuracy. Also, customer support lacks follow through. There is no one person dedicated to your account that you work with. It is whomever answers the phone and that can be time consuming to bring the new person up to speed on the issue that has been already discussed with someone else. Finally, updates to the platform itself are not easy. They are a basic layout and changes to it are limited and not always done correctly.

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Rachel! We're glad we had the opportunity to discuss your inventory distribution feeds to ensure everything is up-to-date. We're always just a phone call away if you have any questions. So whenever you're ready, we're happy to update your website design and integrate your partner services ? all at no cost. Get some design inspiration at https://dealers.carsforsale.com/website-portfolio/ and give us a shout when you want to update at (866) 388-9778.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Michael C.
Industry: Automotive

Best dealer website for the price

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Pros

Very Customizable, also able to change the theme on the website, very responsive support team, has it's own implementation with Facebook Marketplace, CarGurus, and Carfax. I am sure it has more implementation abilities, however that is the platforms that I use and are subscribed too. Also gives you free NVMTIS reports, which is really nice to use, besides Carfax and Auto check.

Cons

The mobile version isn't on the same layout as the desktop version like V12 software is able to do, but I am very very happy, and it's not a complaint.

Tracy B.

good

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

very nice and easy website for our customers, love the Facebook market place option......Have been approached by other web providers, but have chosen to stay with Carsforsale

Pros

seems to be very user friendly, provides a lot of infomation from the vin number breakdown, like the fact we can attach the carfax report. The site also let us post many pictures as well as videos. The ability to print FTC forms and taylor them accordingly is a plus.

Cons

The paperwork feature is not as accurate as other paperwork provided by our dealer servicer that we pay an additional fee for. It leaves out most of the customer information needed on the power of attorney, it seems as though these are just generic forms placed on the website as an after thought. when added customers information it is not printed properly on the forms, I do not use this because of the lack of details on customer information. I do use the Odometer statement, but I have to type in all of the customer information separately (very time consuming)

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Tracy! We are happy you were able to speak with our customer support team so that they could help walk you through the functionality of generating paperwork using our tool! If you have any additional questions, we are always here and can be reached at (866) 388-9778!

Glenn I.

Carsforsale.com..... Carsforsold.yes

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

The overall experience with carsforsale.com is superb and I realize how much effort and time I was wasting before cfs.com. With so many tools as they have here, I cannot imagine being without it. 22

Pros

Where do I begin? Here are a few out of many things I truly like about the carsforsale.com software. First the ability to post your inventory to over 400 sites allows exposure of a car dealers products and inventory unlimited number of shoppers . Next The "View Competition" button allows you to see where your vehicle stands in comparison to other cars nationwide. Another great feature is their custom overlay tool, check it out when you have a chance.

Cons

I guess if I must include my "least likes" regarding carsforsale.com I can only think of two. First, in some scenarios "not all' their tool which allows the user to add pictures to inventory selections will only add one pic at a time which can take forever. Second, At times logging in to the sight can be a chore, especially when in a rush as they have a multistage confirmation routine aspect than cannot be bypassed. Still an all around great bit of software.

Daniel A.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Pros

Speed, Easy of Use, Economical. The platform gives you a lot for the price.

Cons

SEO tools could improve or even been offered as a premium service. I feel SEO could be more powerful.

Jerry G.

Review of Carsforsale.com

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

I appreciate the inventory listing and the picture borders . I do however wish we could write our own descriptions to be more fact or comfortable to read when going to place on facebook or even the ads in the inventory section as they are very dry . Once we verified info an d such it would be nice to be able to have a synopsis in real language in stead of what the site currently generates. As for the picture borders I wish there was a way to be able to captur them for use elsewhere in other ads.

Pros

I believe the program is rather easy to use and seems responsive to the needs of the dealership . Easy to get personal contact if needed and ery helpful personnel.

Cons

I am ok with the software but believe it should intice more information from the customer such as ready to buy , just looking, comparing, etc. When I get a lead I respond really quick and in most cases within a minute or so. Yet even with quick response times and diligent follow up emails I must say that to have only captured a couple of sales is disappointing. It may be us , the clients, or how the program filters leads . I get so much more response from my own Facebook ads than from the program . I very rarely get a response to my emails to the lead . Maybe it is me but really would like more responses.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Leo T.

easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

i like it.

Pros

make sure my product is price accordingly in my market.

Cons

getting the on line videos to work and online paperwork.

Kile C.
Industry: Automotive

This business is the best marketing tool we have in our repertoire!

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

We of course have had some complications, but that is only because we have been with them so long. However we have continued to realize they are a growing company. So there are always kinks to work out. Also things just come up over time. We enjoy seeing them grow to suit us in better ways every year. We also enjoy the personal touch they add to their business with holiday greeting cards, and other nice personable things we see or receive from time to time over the years.

Pros

Did I am currently using. :) The ease of integrating with our personal website provider really helps us maximize our time in advertising our inventory. CarsForSale.com also puts out to lots of sites for us. Which helps us get our cars in front of more people that are searching for our inventory. They now have started auto populating Facebook Marketplace for us. Which has gotten us plenty of interested parties in our inventory. Which from there can be converted into personal website traffic as well as showroom traffic.

Cons

The only thing that currently comes to mind would be the organization of replies. We try to let only a couple people respond to messages. So we don't confuse ourselves. There honestly isn't much we don't like.

Angelo B.

Interactive website knowledge

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

The overall ability to track customers to the right sales associate is something that has been helpful and has allowed us to play on an even field of competition. The system works if you understand how it works and i feel that most have just now begin to utilize the tools that it has to offer.

Pros

The design and easy access is relatively useful. The ability to access multiple customer request and activities are available to all admin. and the ability to track activity within the system is helpful for planning the next step of the sales process.

Cons

I would like to see automated daily tasks for each individual sales associate. The ability to focus on those leads that are 7 days or less older and the tracking of these leads in a Que would maximize efforts for targeted sales attempts and increase sales production along with customer experience. If this option is already available then more one on one coachings with the sales team should be priority by your company to implement those options and further our knowledge of how we can utilize the site to our fullest efforts.

Steven D.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Customer service is top notch. Anytime we have had a problem or just needed a question answered, it was done 100% to my satisfaction. All they offer at no extra charge is beyond compare.

Pros

As the title states, ease of use. Very easy to post your cars to your website. The whole set up is pretty much self explanatory. Scan a VIN, take a few pictures ( The more the merrier) and upload! Most of it is done for you through the vin! So simple.. I put in price, colors and cloth or leather interior. everything else is already there, I DO recommend double checking all they prepopulate,just to be safe. Did I mention, how easy this is??!!

Cons

Mobile app camera is not very good. Sometimes I Lose cars on the dealer site (They are not on dealer site, but they are visible to the public) Kinda embarrassing when I have a customer on the line.
Camera needs to be upgraded, it is great on overcast days, but when it is sunny out, the end picture is way to dark. IF I could use my phones camera I could fix it before taking the picture in most cases

Joseph M.

Review for Carsforsale

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Overall the software is easy to use, makes sense for the user, is affordable, offers very good design and personalization when it comes to the web page, has a great mobile ability, but could benefit from the addition of some tools and reporting as mentioned in Cons section of the survey.

Pros

The software is easy to use and affordable.

Cons

I think the software would benefit from craigslist posting abilities. I also think the CRM portion of the software would benefit from adding in better ways to manage leads, via lead source tracking, making more options to help organize leads and mange lead assignments. I feel like the note section of the lead should be more easily readable, not putting it several screens back and having the system allow the user to organize and label leads would be helpful. Also adding more reporting to the system for inventory as well as SEO, and leads would be nice. Having more of an insight on how the inventory is performing as well as how the website activity is doing would be helpful in decision making.

Scott F.

Carsforsale.com is Amazing For Any Small Used Car Dealership

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Overall, we have been very satisfied with our experience over the years with Carsforsale.com and would highly recommend them to other dealers. So far from using other services related to car sales, Carsforsale.com is by far the best value.

Pros

The software was very easy to use and came with quite a few useful features such as exporting to different websites, including our company's Facebook page. The lead system that is included with the software is also very useful and makes it easy to respond to leads or assign the leads to individual salespeople. The adding inventory system is very easy to add information to, upload pictures from a phone, or even allows the user to decode the VIN to autofill most of the information for the vehicle.

Cons

There were some problems with our website but the customer service representatives were very quick to help resolve our issues. It would also be nice if it was easier to change more things with our website without having to contact customer service.

Lucas F.
Industry: Automotive

Great Company to Do business with!!

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Very Pleased and have been with the company for over 10 years

Pros

The ease to use is very nice for anyone. Lots of tools to use in the backpage of the site for dealers.
This is a must have for any dealership. Always updating and improving the tools. Great leads come from the website as well. IF you don't have them get them!!

Cons

No issues here, if they don't have something let them know and they will try to incorporate it.

Kaye Y.

Great Advertising Tool!

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Pros

Compared to others, this is an inexpensive way to advertise our vehicles. It allows you to advertise on Carsforsale.com, have your own personalized website, and uploads straight from our Frazer dealer software. Customer service agents have been very helpful.

Cons

Carsforsale.com may not be as popular and well-known to consumers as websites such as Cars.com, Autotrader.com, or some others. Again, great for the price though.

Jim H.
Industry: Automotive

CarsForSale.com is our primary business partner for success

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

We've been using CarsForSale.com as our used car web host and primary listing site since we opened for business in 2013. We've reviewed many potential providers but we really like the value, customer service and ease of doing business with CarsForSale.com. They have a terrific overall product at a great price while still delivering personalized customer care and customized solutions. We also like their performance and reliability. Special kudos to two people at CarsForSale.com who have always treated us like we are their most important client - Anita and Zion.

Cons

The few things we liked least about using CarsForSale.com software have been updated/changed - for instance, they recently converted us to mobile-friendly responsive and have added more helpful tools like overlays, nicer screen views, reporting and online materials. Right now, there isn't anything we don't like about the software.