Carsforsale.com Reviews

Carsforsale.com

Autodealer marketing solution

4.6/5 (314 reviews)
Rachel G.

Above average software/below average customer support

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

The Carsforsale.com platform is the only one I have used so I do not know any comparable platforms. However, I may start looking this year for other platforms as this one does not seem to be scaleable as my business grows. It is very generic. The upside is the website never goes down and has never had a bug in it that required work arounds. It is an average experience.

Pros

The software is user friendly for both the customer and the business. The customer can easily view product and contact the business. The business has ease of adding and deleting inventory as well as many reports that show where business is coming from and what is driving interest in certain types of inventory.

Cons

The program language is not compatible with other software in the industry. Automatic updates are often 2-3 days behind real time. An item no longer in inventory will reappear on the website because it was available in the update from yesterday. It does require monitoring daily to ensure accuracy. Also, customer support lacks follow through. There is no one person dedicated to your account that you work with. It is whomever answers the phone and that can be time consuming to bring the new person up to speed on the issue that has been already discussed with someone else. Finally, updates to the platform itself are not easy. They are a basic layout and changes to it are limited and not always done correctly.

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Rachel! We're glad we had the opportunity to discuss your inventory distribution feeds to ensure everything is up-to-date. We're always just a phone call away if you have any questions. So whenever you're ready, we're happy to update your website design and integrate your partner services ? all at no cost. Get some design inspiration at https://dealers.carsforsale.com/website-portfolio/ and give us a shout when you want to update at (866) 388-9778.

5.0/10
Tracy B.

good

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

very nice and easy website for our customers, love the Facebook market place option......Have been approached by other web providers, but have chosen to stay with Carsforsale

Pros

seems to be very user friendly, provides a lot of infomation from the vin number breakdown, like the fact we can attach the carfax report. The site also let us post many pictures as well as videos. The ability to print FTC forms and taylor them accordingly is a plus.

Cons

The paperwork feature is not as accurate as other paperwork provided by our dealer servicer that we pay an additional fee for. It leaves out most of the customer information needed on the power of attorney, it seems as though these are just generic forms placed on the website as an after thought. when added customers information it is not printed properly on the forms, I do not use this because of the lack of details on customer information. I do use the Odometer statement, but I have to type in all of the customer information separately (very time consuming)

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Tracy! We are happy you were able to speak with our customer support team so that they could help walk you through the functionality of generating paperwork using our tool! If you have any additional questions, we are always here and can be reached at (866) 388-9778!

Heidi G.

The best option for Car Dealers!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Being with carsforsale is a no brainer. It is cost effective and very valuable to our dealership. There is no other program that does everything they do for the price. I recommend them to all of our dealer friends!

Pros

The ease of use and the customer service are the very best things about carsforsale. Customer service always exceeds my expectations no matter when I reach out. They go above and beyond always! They offer more bang for the buck too! The new Facebook marketplace tool sets them well above the competition and it is included in the fee we already pay. It is super easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Other programs allow us to scan in a drivers license when a customer comes in. This would be a very handy tool. The only other thing that needs improvement is the way leads alerts are generated. We used to get emails every time we had a lead and for some reason that has gone away. I may not notice I have a new lead for hours.

Response from Carsforsale.com

Heidi, we are so happy you were able to speak with our customer support team to ensure your lead notifications were turned on and functioning properly. We are excited to see the leads come in and convert to sales! Don't hesitate to call us if you have any additional questions, (866) 388-9778.

Angelo B.

Interactive website knowledge

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

The overall ability to track customers to the right sales associate is something that has been helpful and has allowed us to play on an even field of competition. The system works if you understand how it works and i feel that most have just now begin to utilize the tools that it has to offer.

Pros

The design and easy access is relatively useful. The ability to access multiple customer request and activities are available to all admin. and the ability to track activity within the system is helpful for planning the next step of the sales process.

Cons

I would like to see automated daily tasks for each individual sales associate. The ability to focus on those leads that are 7 days or less older and the tracking of these leads in a Que would maximize efforts for targeted sales attempts and increase sales production along with customer experience. If this option is already available then more one on one coachings with the sales team should be priority by your company to implement those options and further our knowledge of how we can utilize the site to our fullest efforts.

Steven D.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Customer service is top notch. Anytime we have had a problem or just needed a question answered, it was done 100% to my satisfaction. All they offer at no extra charge is beyond compare.

Pros

As the title states, ease of use. Very easy to post your cars to your website. The whole set up is pretty much self explanatory. Scan a VIN, take a few pictures ( The more the merrier) and upload! Most of it is done for you through the vin! So simple.. I put in price, colors and cloth or leather interior. everything else is already there, I DO recommend double checking all they prepopulate,just to be safe. Did I mention, how easy this is??!!

Cons

Mobile app camera is not very good. Sometimes I Lose cars on the dealer site (They are not on dealer site, but they are visible to the public) Kinda embarrassing when I have a customer on the line.
Camera needs to be upgraded, it is great on overcast days, but when it is sunny out, the end picture is way to dark. IF I could use my phones camera I could fix it before taking the picture in most cases

Joseph M.

Review for Carsforsale

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Overall the software is easy to use, makes sense for the user, is affordable, offers very good design and personalization when it comes to the web page, has a great mobile ability, but could benefit from the addition of some tools and reporting as mentioned in Cons section of the survey.

Pros

The software is easy to use and affordable.

Cons

I think the software would benefit from craigslist posting abilities. I also think the CRM portion of the software would benefit from adding in better ways to manage leads, via lead source tracking, making more options to help organize leads and mange lead assignments. I feel like the note section of the lead should be more easily readable, not putting it several screens back and having the system allow the user to organize and label leads would be helpful. Also adding more reporting to the system for inventory as well as SEO, and leads would be nice. Having more of an insight on how the inventory is performing as well as how the website activity is doing would be helpful in decision making.

Jim H.

CarsForSale.com is our primary business partner for success

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

We've been using CarsForSale.com as our used car web host and primary listing site since we opened for business in 2013. We've reviewed many potential providers but we really like the value, customer service and ease of doing business with CarsForSale.com. They have a terrific overall product at a great price while still delivering personalized customer care and customized solutions. We also like their performance and reliability. Special kudos to two people at CarsForSale.com who have always treated us like we are their most important client - Anita and Zion.

Cons

The few things we liked least about using CarsForSale.com software have been updated/changed - for instance, they recently converted us to mobile-friendly responsive and have added more helpful tools like overlays, nicer screen views, reporting and online materials. Right now, there isn't anything we don't like about the software.

Caleb P.

Great all around!!!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

I have used carsforsale.com for all my online vehicle listing for over 6 years and im very pleased with it. I can get credit applications, internet leads, dealer website, and more for a very affordable price. Since Im a small independent dealer I need affordable. I also love that I can print vehicle buyers guides,advertising items, and more for my inventory.

Pros

I'm a small dealer and I can use the mobile app to quickly scan the VIN number on the vehicle and shoot a few pics to easily upload it to my website and the carsforsale.com listings. It also pushes my inventory to third party website listing pages. Also, its by far less expensive than other inventory management software or websites ive used. I've been using for 6 years now and I don't foresee leaving!!!

Cons

at first the mobile app and the website were a little glitchy, but its by far better now. Theres also lots of tools and forms for dealers to use.

Robert C.

review

Reviewed on 2019/05/11

I've had a wonderful relationship with carsforsale.com. Although some of my referrals I was never credited for (Pyramid Motors, Tripoli Auto Sales)

Pros

I appreciate the different feeds to other 3rd party websites (Car Gurus etc.) but I really like the old platform better.

Cons

When you sell a car and want to mark it "sold" on the website, you have to go through a couple of unnecessary steps to get there. Also the new website designs are very "busy". I would prefer them to get right to the inventory instead of silly stories about your customer service and "we can finance anybody" slogans.

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Robert, we're glad we were able to speak with you today and help answer your questions! As we discussed, we can create any website design you want and we're happy to update your website at any time for free. If you have any other questions, we are just one call away and are always happy to help!

Carlos J.

Very helpfull

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Cars for Sale has been very easy to work with, Representative has been outstanding providing patience and finding solutions when we have questions, She has provided us with all the tools necessary to run a smooth informational website, always checking in with us to provide the latest updates and explaining the process so that we fully understand on how to use the great tools cars for sale provides. And here at Imperial Group we would just like to say thank you to the entire Cars For Sale team keep up the good work

Pros

What we here at Imperial Group enjoy most is the variety of tools this software provides helping us reach more people and helping provide them with detailed information that helps sell our product

Cons

haven't found one thing to dislike and if we ever encounter and issue you are quick to provide answers

Tom F.

Best bang for your buck

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Business experience has been great. Customer service has been 5 star every time I have had to use them - very impressed with that.

Pros

The Carsforsale site is easy to navigate and use. Its pretty much self-explanatory. Recent additions like the Facebook marketplace module and 1st photo overlays add more functionality with no extra effort required. Its nice that putting in the VIN usually decodes the trim level of the car, and lists relative equipment and options - it helps make my descriptions accurate without having to search through a bunch of other car sites. Some of the other similarly priced competitors don't do that. Website templates and graphics are very well done. There are "slicker" options out there, but they all cost much more. Carsforsale has what I need at a very good price.

Cons

ebay templates could use a refreshing. It would be nice if there was an easier way to search past postings, like an archive. It gets tedious having to put in your entire date range of when searching for a similar car, or one that has returned to your inventory.

Jolynn A.

Everything you are looking for

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

I absolutely love Carsforsale.com the staff are very helpful and really make sure you get every opportunity and the most out of everything they have to offer.

Pros

Carsforsale.com is everything a small business is looking for. They are very helpful with set up and design they also give you examples of similar dealerships to help you make the most of your website. The website is easy to navigate and add inventory as well as all the included extras like paperwork, facebook postings, and all other social media platforms. This really can give your business a boost to look and feel so much more professional and visible to the public. Very much a one stop shop for advertising!

Cons

The only complaint I have is maybe the time it takes to enter inventory but that is at a minimum copy and paste help breeze through the process but it still can take some time.

Abiodun O.

USER FOR OVER 10 YEARS COMBINED

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Business problems we are solving with Carsforsale.com would be the ability to have and host a responsive website which includes the online credit application. For a while we struggled with getting a online platform to host our secure credit app.

Pros

The things I like the most about the software, Carsforsale.com, is #1 they are constantly being innovative #2 The value for the money is amazing #3 The new responsive websites are creative, complimentary and the team has the ability to fit the website for your business!

Cons

I honestly did not have anything I did not like about the software. As all products and software I am sure there is always room for improvement, at this time there is nothing important I can suggest.

Chuck V.

Finest site for small car dealers available (and suspect for larger ones as well)

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

The work with me to resolve any issues and do so politely and with a positive attitude .. they don't blame others but rather work with them (I have a 3rd party supplier of the data for the website). It has been 3 years now and I have only gotten more pleased.

Pros

customer support (if issues arise they work with you until resolved), price for all the features (the vechicle history is worth the price alone - almost), dependability, and overall quality. I have tried 4 others to great disappointment and expense. This is the one if you want the best value, service and quality!

Cons

I have not found any to list .. the only issue is with me not taking advantage of all the variables available to me .

Lucas F.

Most value for your money!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Easy to use backend tool for adding and removing vehicle with tons of great tools for advertising, history reports, selling paperwork, you name it they got it! If they don't have it, tell them and they will work on it adding it to the backend tool ! Been with them over 7 years and I wish I found them sooner!!

Pros

They have so many great tools for auto dealers. We get so much tools and products for the value. History reports, vehicle comparison prices, vin decoding, mobile app, and etc.. Customer service is great!! easy to load delete vehicles, great websites/mobile sites, always adding new tools !! More increased value !!

Cons

Nothing! They are always working on integrating new ideas and tools.

Gary C.

Customer service taken to a whole new level

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I've been with cars for sale for several years now and they always exceeded my expectations yesterday support team help me do a search engine optimization for my company explaining how that worked and helping me set that up.I can't tell you how helpful that was . their customer service was taken to a level that today that is rarely seen.

Pros

The ease of use is exceptional,the tools available help me understand the traffic on our web site and the best ways and times to advertise . The cost is a fraction of their competitors . In my dealership it's probably the best bang for the buck of all the subscription account I have

Cons

I'm sorry but I can't think of one negative thing to say about cars for sale

Chris M.

The best value and unbeatable customer service

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Carsforsale continually rolls out new features that make us feel like they are striving to improve, and are interested in us improving as well. No email or phone call has ever been ignored, and service has been fast and efficient.

Pros

Software is easy to use, even for those with only basic computer skills. Nonetheless, there are plenty of features that you can pour over and utilize, so the package is anything but basic.

Cons

The mobile app is occasionally slow to load, and there is no way to quickly copy the VIN from the app to paste into other software/texts.

Greatest Bang For Your Buck

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

CarsForSale platform offers so much for such a low price. I am very used to spending more money with other platforms such as AutoTrader and CarGurus and getting much less out of it. Anywhere from inventory management to printing common documentation such as a buyer's warranty guide is just a few clicks away.

Cons

I wish CarsForSale offered a bit more modernized website design for dealerships to choose from. The designs do feel/look a bit old and outdated in my opinion. But it's not horrible.

Jermain S.

From a salespersons view

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Cars for sale is a good feature. You would think that the people are ready to buy sometimes they are and arent but thats sales. The problems are when you email or call the people they dont respond or their information is invalid.

Pros

The ease of having a online customer and not someone sitting with you all day wasting your time.

Cons

Some of the leads arent serious and cars.com should send a email before the info is sent to the dealer to insure that the above prospect is a real person. Also to find out how far along the customer is in the process.

6.0/10
Justin K.

Great product with a few frustrations.

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

I'd give carsforsale.com a 7.5 out of 10. The lack of being able to save a bill of sale is what takes this from a 10 to 7.5. It's extremely frustrating.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use the app to upload pictures and vehicles to the website. It was well designed, simple, but thorough.

Cons

I least like that a bill of sale will save with all the customer's information. It's frustrating to have to look through a huge stack of folders every time I need to go back and check something on a vehicle.

7.0/10
Andy P.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

It's allowed us to send loan applications and Carfax checks to customers with out having to print them and then scan them and email them to the customer

Pros

They lay out is super easy to use. everything is easy to find and you can reply or upload a car fax or loan application with one click.

Cons

Like to see a mobile app for Carsforsale

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Andy! We called to help you download the new app and step you through the powerful features, but we missed you today. Give us a call back or you can download the latest version of our mobile app on the Google Play Store or the App Store by searching Carsforsale.com. We're just a phone call away if you have any future questions and can be reached at (866) 388-9778, we'd love to help you out!

Mike M.

Terrible mobile device interface.

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Really poorly designed program and especially the mobile app. Really bad. Really really bad.

Pros

Nothing. It’s not effective, not streamlined, and too cumbersome. The old platform was 1,000 times better.

Cons

Can’t expand thumbnail views, can’t delete multiple vehicles at once, can’t copy vin number on mobile interface, too many security levels and log in procedures, can’t use my talk to text in the description field on my mobile device. And lots more annoying things.

Mike D.

The best

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

I've been using cars for sale for over 10 years. For the money it's the best form of advertising. Great website gets built for you and it's very easy to ad and remove vehicles and update pictures and information. Also really easy to get a hold of someone hen you need the help. Other companies do promise cheap rates and similar services. But I wouldn't trust anyone else.

Pros

1- Cost
2- Ease of use
3- Exposure
4- customer service

Cons

1- No longer 1 click to post on craigslist
2- Website might go offline once in a great while

Skylar W.

Carsforsale.com Dealer Experience

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

As a customer of four years, it has truly been a great experience with this company. From the great price points of the advertising, to the easy functionality of the website/app, I would rate this online advertising site as my #1 preferred choice over its competitors.

Pros

Extremely easy to use online/app interface system.

Vehicles display is appealing

Carsforsale.com sends the data uploaded to other sites for you.

Cons

I have no complaints about this companies software system.

Dean G.

Automotive marketing

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

i am trying to solve the transport need of the public but not enough advertisement from the host co. They need to be on top of their game when comes to marketing there product. I have been using them for the past year but have never sold a car through them that's $1200.00 a year from my advertising budget.

Pros

I love the way the company has structured the training very user friendly I am an older individual but was following every step of the way. They always implement new features on their site keeping up with the current marketing strategies.

Cons

not enough leads they should try to be able to generate some more leads to the dealers.

4.0/10