SingleOps

All-in-one business software for outdoor service businesses

Julie B.

SingleOps has eased so many areas of our business

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

From sales to customer services this is hands down an amazing company to work with!

Pros

It saves me so much time, it allows the estimators to do estimates right form their devices in the field instead of texting me and having me type them up.
We actually tried Servsuite first, and SingleOps is hands down a better company and software program!

Cons

The only con I can find is length to fix glitches only because we use it all day long, but they ALWAYS fix the problem. Also glitches are so far and few between its not a big deal.

Shawn B.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

BDG California

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

Pros

Easy to use- building proposals is fast and the reports are great

Cons

Wish we could go from lead to completed proposal in a single step instead of multiple tabs.

Jack H.

Exceeding expectations!

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

My overall experience has been very positive. I would say that because we have several different lines of business that involve completely different pricing/contract structures, different work forces, different items, etc., our implementation was probably trickier than most. That said, the support has been excellent. We have scheduled appointments with support staff, submitted requests via the help site and received responses, submitted requests for custom documents, used the help section webinars/articles and also been active on the feedback page to see what other people are suggesting and even submitted a couple suggestions of my own. I like that SingleOps pays close attention to things that the users are requesting and that plays a role in the feature updates. In the short time that we have been a SingleOps customer, we have already seen some major updates that have really had a positive impact for us and have opened up a lot of possibilities for how we can take advantage of the system.

Pros

I like how dynamic and "customizable" the system is. I find the system to be very thorough and very capable of handling many different types of jobs/projects. Using things like custom inputs and templates helps us to tailor our jobs and documents to exactly what we need.

Cons

I don't really have any beefs with the system itself. If I had to pick something to put down as a "con," I would say that their method of implementation wasn't quite what everyone in my office expected. I don't necessarily disagree with the way that SingleOps handles the implementation of their system; I understand the idea of providing all of the tools to get started via a couple implementation calls and then the webinars/articles, and that worked just fine for me. However, there were a couple of my colleagues that didn't like that there wouldn't be someone coming to the office in a SingleOps shirt to teach them how to use everything and answer all of their questions. Once they got over the fact that no one was coming, the complaint became that they don't have time to sit and watch webinars, and everyone had different questions about different parts of the system. I started off learning what I could and then bouncing from 1 person to another, putting out fires, until I just started writing out procedures for different processes and distributing them to everyone, along with a 1 on 1 tutorial. SingleOps obviously can't help it if people don't follow the Academy or spend the time to watch the webinars and research their own answers, and I've explained that to everyone, but the general consensus was that everyone had a harder time learning their way through it because they didn't have someone taking their hand and walking them through it.

Robyn C.

Buyer beware!

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Not upfront and honest about the cancellation policy and it is not clear in the terms and conditions. Seems the customer is just stuck if they don't like the program - even if the revisons were not done, the training was not complete and we never actually used the program live, except for some training samples.

Not able to accommodate two states with different sales tax rates. The formatting of the templates is wack. The payroll reports are tricky if you work in multiple states doing multiple tasks.

Pros

It had some functions like checklist options for the proposals.

Cons

You have to buy the software for $3600 + upfront and can only get a refund of 75% if cancelled in the first 30 days. Unfortunately, it will take at least 30 days to get all of your personal info, banking, customer base and templates uploaded, set up and get the system customized. Then you have to begin the training. I was only able to do training once a week, so four one hour sessions. Not enough time to decide whether or not this is going to work for your company. Once we decided it was not the best fit for us as it was too slow and not really all that user-friendly for someone working in the field. Also, a bit expensive when you add your key field employees, office people and sales teams.

We just spent $3600 on a program we never used. When I tried to get an explanation of why I wasn't offered the monthly plan here is the story we got: If you are on monthly billing you can cancel at any time. This type of billing doesn't have any commitments since its month to month. If you are on quarterly, bi-annual or annual billing you can cancel within the first 30 days and receive a partial refund of 75% of the total purchase price. When I told her we were not given that option, she stated: I understand your concern. We have a lot of clients that are grandfathered into the monthly billing so this isn't a billing service we offer actively to our new customer base. Hence, that is likely a reason the Account executive didn't offer this type of billing.

Chris H.

Game changer

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Pros

The ability to minimize redundancies and deliver a professional proposal to homeowners.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve and we probably to utilize its full potential

Becky B.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

We love SingleOps!

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

I enjoy the customer support. If I ever have a question, the staff takes time to help me solve the issue or question.

Pros

I love the layout of the software and the functionality of it for our business. I like that I can use it along with QuickBooks online and that they sync together.

Cons

There is so much information I am most likely not utilizing.

Chace G.

Best Software program for small Business

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Easy to learn to operate and implement into my daily routine.

Pros

I like the tools it provides to streamline my business and eliminate gaps in our schedule.

Cons

there are some functions that could use a little tweaking but im sure they are working on it. nothing major.

Johnathan H.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

At first I didn't know how to use it. But we had a class and ever since then. It has been such a wonderful software

Pros

It is such a easy software to use. Set up is super simple and overall just love exploring.

Cons

A more precise routing system for Managers and crews to use.

Paul W.
  • Industry: Events Services

Single Ops 2.0

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

They are quick to solve problems and easy to work with in troubleshooting issues big or small.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to use. It also eliminates several steps in the lifecycle of our operations.

Cons

The inventory management features need some improvements to better fit our needs. Since we deal with internal equipment transfers it would be nice to create a more seemless process. However, what is reassuring is that the SO team is willing to work with us to make those improvments.

Ben R.

Excellent program and very affordable

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Using single ops has allowed me to have better organization, better response time for bids as well as scheduling

Pros

Very user friendly and support is top notch

Cons

Any issues I’ve had with the program have mainly issues on my end, I would urge any new user to watch the training videos. That was my main issue

Jeremy M.

Functional and flexible.

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Pros

There are a lot of things to like about SingleOps; Foremost is that it is such a time saver. Work we used to generate by hand or through two or more programs on the computer is all done through SingleOps now.
We also love the ease we have in adding details to our proposals and work orders.

Cons

There are a few things that could be easier to customize, or seem like they should all for customization but do not. But there tend to be an easy work around for these small items making them not really work listing.

Dave H.

Single Ops is a great proficf

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Pros

All around good product and people. It’s very easy to get help, they’re always making improvements and listen to suggestions. Best software I’ve seen for the green industry. I’ve had experience with a handful of programs, hands down Single Ops is the best.

Cons

Nothing in the con category, everything works great.

Anita B.

Why we chose SingleOps

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Overall, things have run more smoothly with SingleOps. If we do have an issue, customer service is quick to respond to help if at all possible. I like that even if what I want to do cannot be accomplished in that call, I can make a request for the programmers to review for changes. It feels as if someone is listening and working to make things better even if a request may take a while to implement.

Pros

(1) Ease of use: The other software program we were using was difficult to navigate. Our employees don't want to spend half of their time in frustration trying to navigate a complicated program, and neither do I. Between the two programs, the difference was that the other one was very PC/programmer/system heavy while SingleOps is more visual/intuitive in scope. (2) Program features: SingleOps program features, for the most part, allows us to do what we need to do to serve our customers well. From an office perspective, I love how easy it is to use the calendar for scheduling, billing, and for being able to assign tasks to not only the crew but also for myself. I love it that the customer can click to accept proposals so that we don't have to deal with so much paper. It's great to be able to put notes for the crew so that they can see information they need. Integration with QuickBooks was a must, as well. There are just so many great features I can't list them all here! (3) Customizability: It is very helpful that we can customize our proposals, terms and conditions, work orders, invoices, emails, and paid invoices. (4) Customer service: We appreciate that SingleOps customer service reps are native English speakers. SingleOps reps are always friendly, helpful, and sometimes they can even make suggestions for work arounds. They are great at coming up with workable solutions.(5) Program requests implementation.

Cons

(1) Customizability: SingleOps would have really knocked it out of the park if we could also have customizable Pre-Job Brief Hazard Assessment forms, which are OSHA requirements for our industry. (2) Program Features: When entering a city name, the zip code does not autofill. On the calendar the Job Name will appear, but not the address (unless you click on the Job Name). Would like to have the option for the address to appear. Cannot see which user did what actions on a specific job. Would like to be able to determine who may have changed something and when. Would like to be able to view all scheduled jobs for any given month at one time on a map. When I want to add a job based upon location, I currently have to use GoogleMaps to look each address up individually to determine which is closest. It would be faster/easier if I could see the map of the scheduled jobs and drag and drop the one I want to schedule on the same date next to a job that has already been scheduled that is in close proximity.

Paul V.

CAREFUL! GREAT SALES TEAM, POOR RESULTS

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED. After (5) months of implementation we are nowhere close to being able to use this program. It is absolutely not customizable at they claim and sell you to believe.

The most important thing to me is what my clients see, they are the ones that keep us in business; with this program I can not put a clean proposal in front of my clients that clearly states what scope of work we are providing. The proposal layout is a HUGE DEFICIENCY of this program.

Pros

Sales team made the software seem simple, streamlined and cost effective. They also offered customization should something not meet my needs. It seemed foolproof!

Cons

TERRIBLE PROPOSAL LAYOUT WITH NO ABILITY TO EXPLAIN THE SERVICE BEIMG PROVIDED.

TERRIBLE RESOLUTION MANAGMENT. WHEN THERE’S A PROBLEM NO ONE IS THERE TO TRULY HELP, YOURE JUST GIVEN THE RUN AROUND AND TOLD CANCELLATION IS NOT AN OPTION.

Judson M.

Best yet!

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Pros

Very user friendly software with amazing support team.

Cons

I can't say anything negative about the software, as we had a smooth transition from our last software training employees to use a new system.

Kaylen K.

Great Salesmen- Poor follow through

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

Great in the beginning, a headache once we fully committed to using all of the features

Pros

All of the features it touts, however once you get into them you realize it's a lot more complicated and difficult to use than was advertised.

Cons

We can't get ahold of anyone when we need help sorting through issues. They have no idea how their product looks and communicates with Quickbooks Online, and the credit card processor they force you to use is awful. Instead of doing the simple things really well they get into the weeds and miss the basics.

Kyle R.

Thanks for helping us defeat our competition!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

This is really helping us get a handle on our company from front to back and get one up on our completion.

Pros

Very easy to use. Proposals look awesome! We love attaching photos and the fact that you can draw on them to be more specific. Customer service and training is fantastic!! There is not one step of the business process that cant be done true single ops. We couldn’t be happier!!

Cons

I absolutely hate computers and I cant answer this question. (Oh wait... I guess this should have been in the pros column.)

Kathleen W.

TERRIBLY BAD INVESTMENT

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

HORRID. TERRIFYING. APPALLING. THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVERY HAD WITH A COMPANY. AND WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1971.

Pros

THE SALESPERSON DID A GREAT JOB OF SELLING US A BILL OF GOODS

Cons

EVERYTHING...I WOULD NEVER EVER HAVE PURCHASED IF I HAD HAD A TRIAL FIRST...IT IS THE WORST, AND I MEAN WORST SOFTWARE I HAVE EVER USED...WE HAD TRIALED SEVERAL, AND THEN STUPIDLY PURCHASED THIS...MONEY UP FRONT..THE MOBILE WAS GRIM...NEVER EVER GOT IT UP..PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM..TRAINING SUCKED...I KNEW, ABSOLUTELY KNEW IT WAS A DISASTER WITHIN A MONTH, AND WE HAD TO CHANGE PROGRAMS IN APRIL, AS IT WAS SO BAD WE COULDN'T CONTINUE. WE HAD BEEN WITH SERVICE AUTOPILOT (6 YEARS) AND LEFT THERE BECAUSE OF THEIR CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP. i WOULD SAY THAT WAS THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVERY DONE..BUT IT WASN'T, BUYING SINGLEOPS WAS.

Brad T.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great Platform to improve production for Green Industry Professionals

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

We have been able to rapidly job cost our maintenance and enhancements projects to determine our profitability.

Pros

We love the way that it helps keep us organized and accountable. Its been a great improvement from previous platforms we have utilized prior to implementing Singleops.

Cons

Most recently we have experienced slight lag times when searching through filtered items.

Adam B.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

SingleOps - solutions and support.

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Overall, SingleOps is going to allow us to operate more smoothly, report on performance more effectively and plan on future activities more prudently. The support team has tried to ensure we have what we need when we need it during the implementation process - a tough ask for a growing organization like ours.

Pros

The software enabled us to fit 4 previously separate and awkwardly linked Business Information Systems (CRM, Estimating, Calendar Management and Routing) together in one place. It made the work-flow of many processes more efficient and the communication between departments (Sales, Customer Experience and Operations) more effective.

Cons

It wasn't set up to immediately facilitate or previously used business systems. In some cases we had to adjust our systems to fit SingleOps and in many case SingleOps were prepared to adjust or create new functionality to accommodate our needs. All our issues were addressed and the system shaped to our

La'nell Y.

My opinion of Single Ops

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

I love the ease of use, You have a search bar that you can search for you customer several different ways. The customer can be emailed/ texted via the program. This progam actually replaced 3 others that we were using. Their tech support is out of this world with helping when needed.

Cons

There really not nothing that i absolutely do not like.

Nick B.

SingleOps For a Sod Farm

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Before singleops we were using a dated program that was very limited and didn’t make what we needed to do everyday very easy. With single ops it can be customized to fit our everyday needs and gives us options we never even dreamed of using.

Pros

The amount of options at hand is abundant. It’s so nice not being limited when scheduling customers and creating their profiles. It cuts out time in half if not more being able to customize our program to fit our needs. It’s been about a month now using the program and couldn’t be happier.

Cons

Posting invoices to QB could be easier. And printing multiple invoices at once could be easier as well.

Rhonda M.

Simple, effective software

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Pros

SingleOPS has been able to help our company eliminate many repetitive tasks from the initial proposal stage to the final billing phase. Everything is input in one software and progresses, effortlessly, through easy stage. No more using multiple softwares, no more inputting the same thing over and over.

Cons

The initial setup and getting used to the software looks very daunting. But with the help of the setup team, it’s not as difficult as it may first appear.

Angel H.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Pros

Easy to use and great support team help is always th ere

Cons

Reports should have a custom report feature so you can build your own reports

Marlene T.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

SingleOps saves time and money

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Very pleasurable to deal with and haven't even entertained the thought of looking for a better software.

Pros

This software has been easy to use, they are responsive when new situations arrive and have useful updates and tips constantly.

Cons

At this time, we do not see any cons. Things have run smoothly since day one.