TotalMD

Full-featured medical billing software

Sara S.

TotalMD Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

I have been with TotalMD since 2008 so as they have grown and added features I have been able to grow with them. I miss the youtube videos on the new features or highlighted features they always gave me ideas and another way to consider how we did things.

Pros

I like the ease of use this software has. The reason I purchased this software was because it was so close to the Medisoft software I was using at my current job but had the added feature of if I made a mistake in payment or data entry I could easily delete what I had done rather than having to do extra data entry to reverse my accounting mistake. I also love the support team they are always very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

Not being able to easily make changes to reports needed for a specific office or provider. The other item is the hours technical support is available as I am on CST and they are on MST/PST time depending on daylight saving time. I wish the office messenger worked across the board no matter what provider I am signed into, being a billing service this feature would be really helpful as internal messaging system but it doesn't work for us because we have so many providers.

Response from TotalMD

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying the software and the support you receive. We appreciate your feedback and we'll share it with the team. We do plan on continuing to provide helpful content, so it's great to know you enjoy the videos!

Sincerely,
Shayna Beasley, TotalMD

Karen B.

Very Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

They are always very helpful.

Pros

The ease of getting support when needed.

Cons

I don't feel that I got enough training.

Rose V.

CISTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 2021/02/07

Pros

THE EASE OF OPERATION AS WELL AS CUSTOMER SUPPORT FROM [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

THE ONLY ISSUES THUS FAR ARE THE NAMES OF THE REPORTS. OTHERWISE THE SYSTEM WORKS FINE FOR MY NEEDS.

Mark W.

Review of TotalMD

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Excellent product and service!

Pros

Ease of use of the software product and superior tech support. Whenever I have a question, someone is always available to help me resolve my issues.

Cons

No thing that I dislike. The software product is easy to use and customer service is excellent.

Robert C.

Easy to use but could use some updating for facility billing and report staff

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

If they did some updating on facility billing and found a new report writer (or provided customer support training to their existing report writer), I'd be much more comfortable recommending them to colleagues.

Pros

Easy enough to learn and easy enough to use. It's fairly customizable as far as viewing and some of the support staff can help accommodate issues.

Cons

They don't seem 100% ready for UB04 (facility) billing. They have one report writer and he always seems inconvenienced if we need help. He also refuses to work on any reports that were sent to us by someone else (within their company) or if we have had any changes made to the reports. We have found it very hard to get help from him and there are no other options when it comes to reports or forms (including a printed UB04 form).

Laura G.

Reviewed on 2013/01/18

I own a small billing company and was just starting out when I needed a better management system. I have over 25 years experience in billing and management, in those years I have implemented several of the top of the line systems. I have to say that TotalMD has been the best and easiest by far, who would have known that an affordable system would be the best!

I started with the basic and just upgraded to the Avanced version. I have been extremly happy with my system and with the support that I get from customer service. I know from past experiences with other systems that they seem to get most of your money when it comes to the support, not with TotalMD. They let you go at your own speed of training, they do not pressure you to train. They let you use the system and then just call when you get ready for some training or you just need a little help with small tasks.

I have been loving the reports that they can produce, they can make just about any report you want for a very reasoable price and in some cases they do not charge, just depends on how extensive the report is. You can also create your own if you have some knowledge in that area.

I would highly recommend (and do) to anyone looking for a reasonable system that will do anything you want and need. There is no yearly fee which is unheard of with other systems, that is one area that really caught my attention. I have worked on several systems over the years, expensive systems and you can trust me when I tell you this one has risen to the top, I cannot see myself using any other system!

Barry W.

Billing Service review of TotalMD

Reviewed on 2015/06/04

Pros

The product supports all our needs as a Billing Service, and the vendor is very responsive to our requests for Support and Product Improvement

Cons

The product doesn't support electronic Secondary claims; first level Support is not suited to our needs (but second level Support is excellent!)

Rosie S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

One of the team member of Total MD has lot of understanding about the software, consistent in...

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Excellent training and support from one of the team members. She is the only one from Total MD who made all flow so well. Thank you so much.

Pros

Is understandable. Very easy to learn. Tech support in the training section, Customer representative made all this happen. Well supported by billing part.

Cons

Calling for tech support, the wait time is sometimes too long. I wish we could schedule and then make it simple.

Kathy O.

Reviewed on 2013/01/21

We are a gastroenterology practice looking for a more user friendly practice management software in 2011. We were previously using another program which was not windows based. Now, we are using TotalMD version 2011. I think that TotalMD has excellent support. We have always received the help that we needed with any issue. We are totally satisfied.

Teresa G.

Love TotalMD

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

I have had a great experience with TotalMD from my initial sales rep to the support staff.

Pros

Easy to understand and use. The support help is exceptional. Always responsive and there to help get my business up and running smoothly.

Cons

That I have to use a separate clearinghouse to submit claims.

Sally H.

Private practice use since 2009

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

Pros

It provides all the capabilities needed to create 1500s, electronically edit and send them, make corrections, post payments, and keep track of balances.

Cons

It definitely has lots of bugs. Having designed software before I became a doctor, I appreciate the complexity of the multi level platform. It takes time and motivation to surmount many of them. I have to pay for support, for example if I have a question about technique, I have to buy a punch card of how many calls I am allowed. I have to pay for training if i hire yet another biller. I am now doing my own billing and can figure out most of it, but there are still balances that are off and inaccurate statements. It is a headache but hard to change.

Response from Laurel

Dear Sally,

Thank you for your review of TotalMD. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to address your concerns. TotalMD makes every effort possible to thoroughly test and release error free software. On occasion, as with any software program, our customers may encounter instances in which the software does not perform as they expect. We value and encourage this feedback from our clients so we can continue to ensure the product is of the highest standards. We also issue free Service Pack Updates which are designed to fix any minor items we find after a release (just like updating an app on your cell phone). Service Pack Updates are always free and available for easy download by the customer.

We do have an in-house support team available, and their ability to assist you is increased with a current support contract, which allows them to log into your computer and see what you see. However, Support would be happy to walk you through any troubleshooting necessary, even without obtaining a support contract. Our support department is also always available to discuss any instances you’ve encountered in which TotalMD is not performing as you expect, and will report those issues to program development as necessary. In many situations, these issues can be resolved by having a short training session, or changing program settings, without the involvement of programming/development.

TotalMD never requires you to purchase additional training for new office staff, however, we do offer training sessions available for purchase in one hour increments should you choose to have a TotalMD trainer conduct a live training session to cover basic functionality. Of course, you always have the option of providing your new staff with training by one of your existing staff members, in addition to the numerous webinars and training videos we offer for free on our YouTube channel.

We have attempted to contact your office to address these concerns but have been unable to reach you. Please feel free to contact our support department so that we may further discuss your experience and help you to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your feedback.

Patricia B.

I like TMD

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

Pros

It is an excellent, easy to use product. It is very stable, with very few "glitches" (although some do exist). I love the integration with Trizetto, which is another excellent product.

Cons

The reports are not very good and when we set up, we had alot of problems that had to be dealt with during our training period, consequently our training was a little poor. However, it is pretty straight forward, so a lot of training is not really needed. We use Amazing Charts as our EMR and the HL7 is only one way, so we have to schedule in AC, not TMD. TMD has an awesome scheduler, which we cannot use.

Sherry G.
  • Industry: Insurance

This is definitely the best Medical Billing Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Total MD has been a very pleasant experience for me. This is not a software to get just because it is affordable. This is literally the best out there. Medical Billing is an awesome profession, and you want to start out with the best. You don't want to waste time going through different companies. Trust me, I did. I lost a lot of money on two systems that was supposed to be far superior and cost way more and it was a nightmare trying to use them. I have been with Total MD for years and I cannot imagine using something else.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. You do not have to jump around all over the place just to get all of the patient information, it is right in front of you. The patient info is also very easy to put in. My favorite thing is definitely the reports. I can get any report that I have ever needed, and I have had many customized and my doctors love the reports that I am able to give them. Charges super easy to enter. Just an easy system to do billing on.

Cons

I guess what I like least would be, although the reports are customizable by calling a support rep, I wish they were easier for the customer to customize without having help from support.

Response from TotalMD

Hi Sherry,

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you're enjoying TotalMD. We appreciate your feedback about reports. We will give that feedback to our product team.

Thanks again!

Angie H.

Truly Total MD is the total package

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Pros

I love that it's an all in one. No more having to run 2 or 3 different programs to schedule patients,run payroll and keep records. It makes it so easy to keep track of insurance information including which claims have been paid and which ones are still pending. It helps in scheduling so no more double booking and it efficiently keeps track of payroll because we all know a properly paid employee is a happy employee. Overall it makes my job so much easier and keeps the office running smoothly.

Cons

It can be a little slow in the mornings when we reboot the computers but other than that I have no complaints

Tami W.

Reviewed on 2013/01/19

I'm an owner at Quick Claims Processing. We're an insurance billing service out of Florida. We have 45+ clients across the U.S. Our clients represent a wide range of specialties including General Medicine, Mental Health, Optometry, Chiropractic, Physical and Occupational Therapy, and more.

The TotalMD software is easy to learn and easy to use. It supports the various coding requirements across specialties and across a wide range of insurers. It’s a full featured application and the screens are customizable to meet specific needs. The reporting section is very nice - as you can design your own reports or modify existing reports fairly easily.

The quality and expertise of the people at TotalMD is what sealed the deal for us. We’re a small company and we wanted a software vendor who would act and feel like a partner to us. The folks at TotalMD are accessible and focused on customer satisfaction. They ask for our input, listen to our ideas, and incorporate suggestions where possible. As a customer of theirs, we feel like we have a voice in the direction of the software. That doesn’t happen with the big vendors!

We’ve been using the TotalMD software for about 4 years now, and we’re very happy with our decision. We’d highly recommend them.

Cynthia A.

Reviewed on 2013/01/10

We started using TotalMD in May of 2008. We had been using Lytec for several years previously and were looking for a better and preferably less expensive option. With TotalMD we got both! Not only is the software much easier to use but it also offers more functionality for our office. We also got a much better deal than what we were paying with Lytec.

We decided to go with the online version which ended up being perfect for us. This allowed me to not only work from the office but I could also work from home when necessary. In addition, when things started getting busy I was able to have my sister help from her home in another state.

I also need to mention the amazing support. I can call and speak to someone who will help me right then and there. I don’t have to leave messages and wait for a call back or anything like that. The immediate help I receive is great. I feel like they really care about me as a customer.

The pricing, support and features of TotalMD create a package that cannot be beat. Give them a try and I think you’ll be as thrilled as I am.

Chad H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Total MD

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Pros

The overall function and design of the software. Very updated and modern looking. Software is very user friendly and great customer support

Cons

None come to mind. They have a great product

Katherine A.

Cost Effective Customizable and User friendly product

Reviewed on 2016/03/09

Pros

TotalMD is user friendly, very easier to learn. We had been on Medisoft for years and find that TotalMD Cloud version is a much better product. Easily Customizable. Questions are answered very promptly and accurately. Tech support is always personable and able to solve issues quickly. The cloud based version is very economical for your chiropractic practice.

Cons

would like to see a better month end spreadsheet. and comparisons by month.

Joleen M.

Reviewed on 2012/12/20

If there were more stars below for me to be able to give more than a 5 Star rating I certainly would. I can't emphasize enough what a great company this is to work with and what a great product they offer to the medical field, (and at reasonable cost!)

The ease of implimentation, the ease of training current or new employees on this software, the organizational skills it allows us and the time saving simplification to our billing department has been a 3 fold improvement to our office.

Top that off with Total MD's supurb customer service and product support. You just can't go wrong in purchasing this product and working with their great team!

Victoria T.

Sleep Center

Reviewed on 2014/06/16

Pros

The price is affordable, and it is extremely user-friendly. I only had fifteen minutes worth of training and was able to use it immediately.

Cons

I didn't like that tech support was on Mountain Time. If I needed an issue resolved, I would have to wait until 11:00 AM EST. Also, at times it, takes them a while to get back to you.

Judy T.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Cant get kinks worked out to even start using ehr

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Pros

the practice management part is adequate.

Cons

We been trying to set up our templates for six weeks and it is still a mess. may have to go with another ehr at this point.

Response from TotalMD

Hi Judy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We customize the EHR templates for our clients which does take time and input from the provider and/or staff member who is involved in the implementation. While our team can typically complete the templates in a few days, it can take longer depending on the complexity of the template and the client's availability to provide feedback and input. We request that our new clients provide their existing templates as a baseline for what they are looking for so that we can tailor your templates to your needs and preferences. We did not receive templates from your team until after you wrote this review. Despite that, our team has spent several hours working with you and your team to create your templates based on the input we did receive. We will continue to work with you and your team to create templates that meet your needs, based on the feedback you provide.

Arliene K.

Reviewed on 2012/12/19

I own a small medical billing service and when I was looking to change from a previous software program I discovered TotalMD. From a technical perspective, I like the simplicity, ease-of-use, and functionality of the software. Rarely do I ever encounter database errors like I used to with the other program. From a support perspective, they have wonderful technical support. They don't leave you hanging, and they spend quality time on each issue whether it is true support or training. I highly recommend this software.

Cheryl M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Great program!

Reviewed on 2014/08/22

Pros

Easy to use. The customer service department is great. They are always available and very helpful.

Cons

The ability to customize reports could be a little more user-friendly.

Xavier G.

Great Features at a Value Price

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

TotalMD is packed with standard features of many programs providers use in their office. However, TotalMD stands out with its ease of use and add-on features like TotalMD Communicator and Patient Portal. Both of which come at a low cost. By switching over to TotalMD as a host I get better customer service, timely software updates, and I've reduced my hosting and software cost by nearly fifty percent.

Cons

Nothing to dislike, the software is customizable to your specialty and it's easy to use.

Ganesh H.

Reviewed on 2013/01/10

We are a busy 3 pediatric board certified doctors group in Flower Mound, Texas and we have been in practice for the last 24 years. Our old practice management software MEDX which we have used to manage all aspects of our practice was approaching to end of its life and we needed to replace it.

About two years ago when we started looking for something to replace our previous practice management software program and we realized there were many solutions available. We started doing some research to try to narrow down our options. We wanted something affordable but that still gave us all the features we needed. We really hoped there would be something that fit both of those needs and luckily we finally found it with TotalMD. Not only is TotalMD extremely affordable compared to the other options out there but they also provide a feature rich program that we have been able to customize for our needs. It also is extremely easy to learn and the staff is very grateful for that.

The worst part about switching programs is that first few months when people are trying to learn and understand the new program. For us, with TotalMD it was as easy as 1,2,3. We finally switched to TotalMD in May, 2012. We literally did not lose a single hour of production or anything when we switched over to TotalMD. The transition was more seamless than I could have imagined. When I talk to other doctors about our experience they are flabbergasted by our awesome experience. It is also great to know that we can always call and speak to someone that can help us out at any time. They really seem to care about us whenever we call (which is hardly ever since the system is so great) and they are always very helpful. We couldn’t be happier with our decision to switch and we always recommend TotalMD to other offices.