Tribe

4,8 (78)
Cloud-based community platform for branded communities

Harriet R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Launched our mobile community within 2 weeks!

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

We could see better customer engagement after adding the social component inside our app to help the members connect with each other.

Pros

In our use case, the critical part of the implementation was to bring community experience inside our pre-existing mobile app. Thanks to the modularity and comprehensive API offered by Tribe, we were able to build a community experience complete with an activity feed, posting capability, and networking inside the mobile app.

Cons

There were a couple of missing parameters and endpoints in the API documentation. However, based on our request, team Tribe helped us with the API-based deployment and updated the documentation.

Vanilla and Hivebrite

Reasons for Switching to Tribe

The comprehensiveness of the API, modularity, and the ability to customize the community experience.

Response from Tribe

Hi Harriet,

We're delighted that our approach for the community platform helped you add social experience inside the mobile app. That's the beauty of Tribe -- designed to integrate into products and sites.

We'll continue to improve our API and documentation.

Naveenkumar N.

Grow your community with less effort

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Bringing your visitors, viewers, subscribers under one roof is tough and cumbersome. Tribe does it with minimum effort. It helps to gather your loyal followers to one place, and helps you to grow your community even bigger.

Pros

Easy set up with zero knowledge about the cloud infrastructure, coding, integrations with third-party apps, and excellent support makes Tribe unique.

Cons

On the downside, Tribe's third-party integrations comes with a price for a commonly used apps like Slack or web hooks etc.

Workplace by Facebook

Reasons for Switching to Tribe

Easy setup, affordable pricing, and quick support.

F Minus on the most important feature - posting and commenting

Reviewed on 2020/11/21

Since photos and videos are a huge part of our world...I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT UNTIL THEY FIX THAT UNACCEPTABLE ISSUE.

Pros

It looks good. It's easy to get up and running. And other than the unacceptable flaw mentioned in the "Cons" section, it's a good program.

Cons

Incredibly, for 3 of the 4 posting options with Tribe (Questions, Posts, Discussions, & Blogs), IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR THE USER TO UPLOAD PHOTO when replying to a person's initial post.

So, if a user posts a question in the forum, such as "Does anyone recommend a great beach to go to around here", it is not possible to respond with text and then upload a photo of the beach you recommend.

Facebook, for nearly two decades, has conditioned users to expect to be able to upload a photo when making a reply.

Only after installing the software and building out the community and getting 40 user accounts signed up in the first week, did I realize this insane limitation.

Since the whole point of a message board / online community is to allow people to connect and communicate in an ideal way, this massive short coming in and of itself should be reason enough for no one to ever consider using this software.

So...to make a persons decision more easily on whether to use this or not...it's a question about photos.

Do you want members to be able to post photos or not?

If photos don't matter....then consider Tribe.

If photos do matter....NEVER CONSIDER TRIBE AS AN OPTION.

Response from Tribe

Dear Anonymous Client,

We appreciate that you took the time to post this review and found Tribe easy-to-use.

However, the information regarding the ability to add images in replies in this review is not correct. Members can add pictures to replies and answers in all of the four content types.

Please reach out to our success team and we'd be happy to help you. Please be assured that Tribe allows members to add pictures to "Answer", "Reply", "Questions", "Articles", "Discussion", and "Post".

Nadine R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Loving Tribe!

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Pros

Tribe is an amazing platform, and I'm so glad that I discovered it. I've
been able to create a beautiful portal for the members of The Queen
Klass and so far everyone is loving the experience! I'm excited to see
what new and interesting features become available! Great work and many thanks to the Tribe team!

Cons

Some of the features that I would like needs me to upgrade to a higher tier, which I'm not ready to do as yet. And there isn't an ability to go live on the platform. Or have a plugin to facilitate this.

Mighty Networks

Reasons for Switching to Tribe

I loved the simplicity of the product, and that I could connect it to what I was already doing. So I could keep my existing payment gateway instead of having to utilize theirs. Also love that this is a Canadian tech company!

Response from Tribe

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your kind words.

Love that you were able to launch a modern community to connect your audiences.

Livestreaming is a popular request. Currently, our customers are using the live streaming functionality of Zoom, Facebook, and YouTube and embedding the same in the community.

That said, we'd have a much better solution for this in 2021 (Q2).

Balaji M.

One app for all your community needs!

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

We were on the verge of finalizing another tool for our community portal. After I saw Tribe, there was no looking back. Tribe provided us with everything in-house. Implementing Single Sign-On with our product was a breeze. Everything was well documented and we had very little to do with the development efforts. The rich set of integrations provided by Tribe is something that will make this application stand out from others in the crowd. We were able to integrate Tribe with most of the third-party applications we use. In a few days, we had our sleek, responsive, modern, flexible and powerful community portal up and running.

Pros

Tribe is ultra customizable. Also, it has plenty of integrations to help you enable your community with any additional needs you have. It is cost-efficient as well when compared to any other community platforms available right now. We wanted to have a community portal with solution articles support built-in. Tribe is one among the very few which had that functionality.

Cons

The default look and feel of the product can be a little bit better. But it can be completely customized and you can make it match the look and feel of your product.

Rachel S.

AJAS Review

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Pros

The product is very easy for both the admins and users to navigate. Users have been very engaged. We like that they can customize their notifications and how often they are received. The groups and topics are great.

Cons

We'd love to have an app that our members can access on their phone! One of the biggest issues we had when we launched our community is that the invites went to spam and there was no way to ensure that this wouldn't happen. We had to send dozens of invites multiple times because members couldn't figure out where it went or how to find it. Ensuring a way for the invites, especially if we're importing a list of hundreds of contacts, not to go to spam would be important for future clients.

Response from Tribe

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your kind words and candid feedback.

Regarding the email - apologies for the experience you had. Tribe's customer success team recommends SendGrid integration to improve email deliverability.

You will also be pleased to learn that we recently set up separate dedicated email servers for paying customers and free customers to further improve email deliverability.

That said, I have conveyed the feedback to our product team as well as the customer success team.

Darryl D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Tribe is easy to set up and easy to use. We appreciate being able to set up a community platform that we can create and curate ourselves. It's exactly what we were looking for!

Pros

It's beautifully desgined, easy to use, and does exactly what we want.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints. It does exactly what we need.

Response from Tribe

Hi Darryl,

We appreciate the feedback!

Great to learn that you're happy with the design and easy setup process. This is going to make our team immensely happy.

Taha R.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Great value for money!

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

We have tried a few different solutions in the market. When we decided to switch to Tribe, the team walked us through redefining the community objectives, make it more aligned with business and organization objectives. They also supported the whole smooth migration process. The fact that Tribe customer success team has a great business and community knowledge helped us realize great ROI. We started with their basic plan and as we saw results coming we upgraded to premium.

Pros

Pricing is fair and flexible.
Facebook integration was somehow magical and increased users retention.
Fast and reliable customer service.

Cons

As Tribe was a new venture, we had our fears of switching to this solution. But after working with their customer success team, we had tons of confidence in them as the right partner.

Response from Tribe

Hi Taha! Thanks for taking the time to review Tribe. Glad to hear this was the right solution for you. We are looking forward to celebrating the growth of your community!

Iman H.

10/10 The best community platform!

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

A well-thought community platform with integrations that made us focus more on driving growth and engagement and less time on software development.

Pros

Tribe community platform was really easy to set up. Building a thriving customer support community around our software was crucial. The modern design and the smart widgets helped us implement and integrate the community elements into our product.
The gamification system boosted the engagement by encouraging users to contribute. The customer success team was always available and supported us with their understanding of the business and their know-how of online community building.

Cons

The custom integration app that Tribe implemented for our product had some bugs but to be fair, they fixed them right away after reporting by our team.

Response from Tribe

Hi Iman,

Really appreciate you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Your review really made our day. And we're happy to see that you liked the simplicity, customization options and support from our customer success team.

Thanks for understanding that bugs can be present during the early days. We're completely committed to delight our customers, so quick resolution of any customer issue is our first priority.

Best Regards,

Pawel W.

A Community “Platform” in the true sense

Reviewed on 2021/12/07

Our company’s community team and customers are loving the community we built. Right now it is fully integrated with our tools and processes. We are collecting feedback from our customers to see how we further improve the community experience.

Pros

If you are looking to create an online space where you can connect and collaborate with your customers, Tribe’s community platform can help you. During the implementation, we found that you can just mold it into any form/design you want.

Amazing technical documentation and easy SSO configurations also made it easier to deploy this quickly. Not to forget, the customer success team is there to guide you through the strategy.

The biggest benefit of this platform is that it allows you to build solutions on top of the core solution. You can extend the functionality of the community using their developer platform.

Cons

This is not a con, but advice - pay special attention to the technical documentation and make sure it is always up to date. Given the nature of the platform, without discipline in documentation, implementation can quickly become complex.

Marie C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The Best for Engaging with Coworkers

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

I enjoy it. I use it almost daily. Employee Engagement is a huge factor for our organization. The best part of our organization is its people and our strong teams. It was essential for us to find a way to keep our positive culture moving in the right direction when the pandemic hit, and this has been the perfect space for us.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to use. People enjoy using it because it reads like a familiar social media platform while protecting their private social media accounts from there professional circles.

Our organization's Social Committee was looking for a platform that would help us to stay virtually connected with our coworkers at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. We needed something that would be interactive and read like a Facebook page or another social media platform, but without the hassle of sharing your social media with your coworkers when it might contain some personal information. Tribe has been the perfect outlet for this. It allows us to post funny memes, keep conversations going and even set up events like contests, "questions of the day" and host theme days with our coworkers -- which keeps all of us in touch with the fun work culture of our organization. The best part, is you are starting with a clean profile template that is not connected to other social media platforms, and can stay as professional or casual as it needs to be.

We love tribe and definitely intend to continue using it! I recommend for any organization that is having difficulty keeping employee engagement open in these unprecedented times.

Cons

It would be nice to have more options to upload photos on regular posts. Right now it seems like we can only upload them in the "Discussion Thread" format. Other than that, it's really fantastic. Wouldn't change a thing!

Rick N.
  • Industry: Online Media

Tribe Makes Community Building Easy!

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

I am able to stay connected with my audience, and I am in control of the overall experience.

Pros

I’m so impressed with Tribe that as soon as I saw everything it could do, I set up two accounts!

Tribe gives me the opportunity to stay connected with my community, and it is beyond easy to use.

Having a well-designed platform like this, makes the experience positive for all users, and this includes the admin role.

Importantly, I’ve not experienced any downtime issues with either of my two Tribe sites.

I also looked closely at the team behind Tribe before investing, and I am impressed by their roadmap and responsiveness to my questions.

I’m so happy that I have Tribe in my toolkit, and I can see good things ahead for this reliable community building platform.

Cons

I find it hard to fault, so I'm not going to add something that I least like just to fill in a box.

Response from Tribe

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the detailed review!

We look forward to serving you.

Solid feature-rich package

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Pros

Tribe is a very good community/forum package. Extremely easy to set up, feature-rich, and well-designed. Tribe features include groups, topics, @mentiones, Rich Text formatting, polls, custom-domain support, telegram and messenger integration, CSS-customization and more. All this in a functional, intuative, and mobile-responsive design. Tribe also has good support for foreign languages, including perfect RTL alignment for relevant languages (such as Hebrew, used on our forum).
Most importantly of all, though, is the technical support, which is simply fabulous. Tribe's team is extremely helpful and supportive, open for suggestions and happy to help with every little problem - even with the Free product. I highly recommend you give it a try!

Cons

Tribe is hosted on their servers, and not available for self-hosting, which might be an issue for some.
However with support for custom domains, branding and CSS customization, this shouldn't be an issue for most. Might even be an advantage.

Response from Tribe

Thanks for the detailed review and we're glad that you took advantage of the customizability. Since Tribe is a cloud-based solution, there is no on-premise set up at this point. However, this helps our clients to focus on the community building instead of worrying about the technical complexities.

Samina A.

Very adaptive; user and business friendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

Ours is a health and weight loss company and one of the biggest problems our users face is - motivation. This community page aims to help them in their journey of weight loss by seeing others' stories, sharing their own, and receiving encouragement. And it is a very big credential for us, as we can portray our successes from the customer herself/ himself.

Pros

There were a lot of scenarios which we needed custom for our business and which were taken care of by Tribe - for e.g. having multiple content categorization like Recipes, Exercises, etc., pinning of posts for greater coverage on feed, etc.
For all users, they have an open policy to write your pain point, and based on the no of their users impacted, they take it up in their roadmap which is good end user collaboration. Many of our custom requests were taken on the roadmap and implemented.
Customer support is quite responsive and tries to work with the customer to resolve issues, and does not just force pre-built features.
The Tribe as a platform is quite holistic and can cover all the basic and advanced needs of a community feature.

Cons

More holistic in built analytics can be a bonus if implemented.

Response from Tribe

Hi Samina,

Thanks for the candid feedback. We're glad that the customizability of the Tribe Platform worked for your solution. As you mentioned, the beauty of Tribe is its ability integrate into products and bring in community touchpoints.

Regarding better analytics - yes, we're already working on this, so we'll keep you posted on the progress.

Shaun N.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Tribe makes it easy to start and grow a community for your brand

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

Pros

Tribe is the easiest, simplest way to launch a community for your brand. They have removed the technical hurdles to allow coaches, consultants, and freelancers to thoughtfully host a vibrant community of supporters, clients, and prospects.

Cons

While the software is easy to use, the tradeoff is some limitations. Customization is limited to colors and graphics.

Response from Tribe

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Appreciate it!

We see that the limitation mentioned here is around customizability (ability to only change colors and images).

We'd love to expand on that and showcase some of the current capabilities.

We allow clients to customize the community based on the components they want to showcase and make changes using CSS and JavaScript as well.

1. For instance, the design of this marketplace community (https://bit.ly/3kXl2NW) is completely different from
banking community (https://bit.ly/3oMqUvQ) and SaaS customer community (https://bit.ly/384EXqM).

2. Another example is NEXL - here is a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I7F1xcUj_Q) that shows how they integrated the community into the product.

However, this requires a technical team for implementation.

Thanks again for the review!

Cengiz A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Just do it

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

I liked it. It helped me to establish a community base without hurdle and delay.

Pros

It’s intuitive and user friendly. It allows instant community building even with the basic futures. That it has itself a community of tribe users is a very good idea. I got timely support from there. When you request an answer or ask for a feature they get back to you with their full dedication. You will you partner with them.

Cons

It’s monthly fee too expensive for us now at the stage of community building. There should be 3 months trial period so that we see to what extent it works when full features are used. Then if it works fee based period would start. Another thing that needs to be improved is to give several strong tools to admins to nurture, increase, and monitor how members interact. Rich statistics demonstrating many different types of member activities is the key to help create a viable, active, engaged community. Also, a smartphone app is a must. Finally, creating means to integrate other relevant apps into tribe would be very wise decision.

Response from Tribe

Thanks for the detailed review. Our pricing is about 50-80% cost-effective when compared with other similar SaaS solutions in the online community domain.

Regarding better analytics - we are offering native report which helps you track the overall health of the community. Integration with Amplitude Analytics will give you additional granular insights on every single member activity and content.

Mobile app - This will be released in 2020. At this point, companies are simply using our API to build community components inside the existing mobile app.

Mike V.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A very promising tool with an amazing team behind it!

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

We needed a better place then Facebook for our community to gather. Tribe with it's topic and channel functionality and flexibility in customization was the obvious choice for us. That and the team behind it is full of rockstars!

Pros

The flexibility of the platform is great. When it comes to content structure or design, you can get creative. I also really enjoy the additional apps available on the app store as well as the amazing team behind Tribe. The team is super responsive and great in thinking along.

Cons

I wish there was a better build in analytics tool. However, with their webhooks, api and integrations with some tools like Amplitude they do give good alternative solutions for this.

Website Toolbox, InVision App and Vanilla

Reasons for Switching to Tribe

Price and quality was the best combination for us. It ticked all the necessary boxes with features and communication with their team felt the best.
Madison N.
  • Industry: Program Development

Online Community With High Potential

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Our company has been very happy with Tribe's features and functionality. We wanted to create a community for pharmacy technicians to interact with one another under the umbrella of our certifications and brand as a whole. We looked at a few other companies but ultimately chose Tribe as they had all of the features we needed for a lower price. Although we haven't officially launched to the public yet, the site has been useful both internally and externally as we utilize both secret, private, and public groups. By offering access to an early group we have seen the site's value as individuals share personal experiences, ask questions and help one another.

Pros

The ability to customize the header and URL allowed for a seamless integration, look and feel from our own website. One of our favorite features is the Reputation Score, which encourages members to actively participate in discussions to receive points.

Cons

Some features are lacking but we value Tribe's transparency in the site's continuous improvement as they outline upcoming goals on their website and are quick to share work-arounds or fixes for whatever problem you may be experiencing.

Higher Logic, GatherContent and Zendesk

Price and features
Paul R.

Great, flexible platform

Very positive and useful

Pros

Tribe is a powerful, highly scalable and flexible platform for almost any community of people who want to connect around a shared purpose. The tools are simple, intuitive and beautifully designed. We are running a closed, subscription based group mentoring community, and it has been a fantastic fit for our needs.

Cons

No built in messaging functionality and bad integration with Telegram.

Podia

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

Bugs in the original program

Mighty Networks

Flexibility and price.
Jeffrey B.

Tribe gives you control and flexibility

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

Great product, flexible configuration and quick time to value.

Pros

Tribe is building a modern software product that allows you to deploy quickly. Their Admin settings are easy to use and the 3rd party integrations make it easy to connect with other tools.

Cons

There are a few nits in the design that are currently not configurable - although it sounds that Tribe is going to make adjustments in the future.

Higher Logic and inSided

Reasons for Switching to Tribe

Quick time to value and onboarding.

Response from Tribe

Hi, Jeffrey

Thanks for the feedback and the time invested in sharing the review.

At Tribe, we are focused on building a platform so additional solutions can be built on top of Tribe. That also includes third-party integrations.

Currently, Tribe integrates with 20+ popular solutions (including Zapier). These direct integrations are built by our team. Soon, with our developer platform, our customers would be able to deploy their own integrations easily.

David M.

This is a "no-brainer."

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Tribe has been great to work with. I use their chatbot often and get responses quickly. I test and buy many software platforms and this is one that has been an awesome addition to my agency.

Pros

I have been looking to build my own social media site for a long time. As CEO of a marketing agency, we routinely get blocked from some social media companies for posting too frequently when we manage many pages. The lost revenues in 2020 from big tech was huge. We have looked to develop our own social media when we discovered Tribe. Everything that we wanted is on this platform. It's easy to use, set up and manage. I am amazed at the price. You can't get software with this great quality anywhere else at this price. If you aren't making the switch now and building your own site, you are going to be late to the game soon.

Cons

Building your social media site requires you to remind your followers, friends and family to join. It may take two or three times to remind them to move. They will.

Deadly useful and intuitive to use

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

I use Tribe to gather a community (or tribe) around my business

Pros

I really love Tribe. It’s a perfect and independent group you can build so easily. I’m totally fan of the UI/UX of Tribe, really intuitive and easy to use. I can only recommend it to anyone willing to create and grow a community or an audience away from facebook, Slack or Discord. It offers advantages of each of them without the disadvantages.

Cons

Maybe the difficulty to clarify differences with quick topics, questions, articles and discussion for my users. Sometimes they publish in one way and should have been in another way. I would like to have the ability to modify that.

Response from Tribe

Hi there,

Thanks for the kind words and we truly appreciate the time invested to review us.

Especially our design team is experiencing tribal joy as I submit this reply.

Meryl W.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

They delivered a top notch platform for our customer community

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Simply focus on what you would want to achieve based on your business goals. For example, keep the Question and Answer module at the center if you want to foster discussions. Talk to Tribe's community management team; they have some of the most practical suggestions for improvement.

Pros

We are from financial services domain (loans and mortgages to be specific) and were in search for a software solution to create customer community where we can give access to a useful pool of content and allow them to ask questions, submit answers, connect with each other and have intimate discussions in subgroups. Tribe offered all of these with an easy to use interface and we were able to go live within a week that included moderate customization of the platform.

Cons

It could still improve in terms of more features such as community event creation and management. But, perhaps feature development is an ongoing task and they would get to it eventually.

Response from Tribe

Hi Meryl,

Thanks for taking the time to help us improve with your feedback. Greatly appreciate your kind words.

We're glad to see that our feature set and usability help you launch a really powerful customer community.

Thanks again for choosing us as your community partner.

Regards,

Tom C.

Tribe Provides An Excellent Alternative To Facebook Groups

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Pros

Tribe has provided me exactly what I was looking for, an online community with no dependency on a social platform that I can leverage for my business or brand. The support team has been responsive and the user community is helpful when it comes to customizing your community. So far, I am pleased with the result and hope that they continue to roll out improvements that directly benefit community users. That's why we are all doing this in the first place. To build a valuable knowledge base of information and media that is easy to access, navigate, and consume. I'm looking forward to growing my Tribe community and connecting with people who share the same interests I do.

Cons

You can tell that Tribe is still new and has limited resources. I don't dislike that, but if you require instant response times and expect your specific feature requests to be added quickly, you may be disappointed. What I know is that the platform is usable right now, they provide self-service support, have a helpful user community, and the platform in general has a lot of potential.

Saurabh K.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reliable community builder

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Tribe provided an awesome platform to make community for gaming , discussion, FAQs ,etc. My problem is solved by this platform as i built a gaming community which is going good.

Pros

Hello ! I made a gaming community on tribe and it's totally awesome because many people are joining there and many gaming tournament platform like GamingMonk also joined us. My experience with the community is really good.
I think there is nothing left which a good community wants ,means you have already provided so many apps which are very helpful like Google analytics , SOCIAL logins , virtual currency and Reputation score . These tools/apps makes the community so reliable and it's SEO of the site is also very nice.

Cons

I dislike nothing but they can add some more SEO apps/tools to improve visibility of site in search engines.

Response from Tribe

Hi Saurabh - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad that Tribe has been helpful for you to build the Gaming community. Gamers are one of the most prolific community builders!

Regarding SEO app - we do have the SEO Boost app in the Plus plan. The SEO Boost app gives you additional controls over how search engines index the content.