Tribe

Cloud-based community platform for branded communities

4,5
4,9
Harriet R.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Launched our mobile community within 2 weeks!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/01/09

We could see better customer engagement after adding the social component inside our app to help the members connect with each other.

Pros

In our use case, the critical part of the implementation was to bring community experience inside our pre-existing mobile app. Thanks to the modularity and comprehensive API offered by Tribe, we were able to build a community experience complete with an activity feed, posting capability, and networking inside the mobile app.

Cons

There were a couple of missing parameters and endpoints in the API documentation. However, based on our request, team Tribe helped us with the API-based deployment and updated the documentation.

Response from Tribe

Hi Harriet,

We're delighted that our approach for the community platform helped you add social experience inside the mobile app. That's the beauty of Tribe -- designed to integrate into products and sites.

We'll continue to improve our API and documentation.

Mike V.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A very promising tool with an amazing team behind it!

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

We needed a better place then Facebook for our community to gather. Tribe with it's topic and channel functionality and flexibility in customization was the obvious choice for us. That and the team behind it is full of rockstars!

Pros

The flexibility of the platform is great. When it comes to content structure or design, you can get creative. I also really enjoy the additional apps available on the app store as well as the amazing team behind Tribe. The team is super responsive and great in thinking along.

Cons

I wish there was a better build in analytics tool. However, with their webhooks, api and integrations with some tools like Amplitude they do give good alternative solutions for this.

Nadine R.
Industry: Consumer Services

Loving Tribe!

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Pros

Tribe is an amazing platform, and I'm so glad that I discovered it. I've
been able to create a beautiful portal for the members of The Queen
Klass and so far everyone is loving the experience! I'm excited to see
what new and interesting features become available! Great work and many thanks to the Tribe team!

Cons

Some of the features that I would like needs me to upgrade to a higher tier, which I'm not ready to do as yet. And there isn't an ability to go live on the platform. Or have a plugin to facilitate this.

Mateus Y.

Implement Tribe for eaglepay.io Community Engagement

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/11/29

I am satisfy so far. Since the development keep going for the new features.

Pros

Similar to Quora but more advanced.
Coin reward distribution is a plus.

Cons

The navigation will make confuse at the beginning.

Response from Tribe

Hi Mateus,

Appreciate you for sharing your experiences.

Tribe has a very strong use case for communities around blockchain projects and we do that with our virtual currency distribution system apart from loads of other features and customization capabilities.

Tribe has come a long way since the time you used our free trial. It has definitely become more intuitive.

Thanks again for your review; we hope to see you as our successful customer in future.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Rick N.
Industry: Online Media

Tribe Makes Community Building Easy!

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

I am able to stay connected with my audience, and I am in control of the overall experience.

Pros

I’m so impressed with Tribe that as soon as I saw everything it could do, I set up two accounts!

Tribe gives me the opportunity to stay connected with my community, and it is beyond easy to use.

Having a well-designed platform like this, makes the experience positive for all users, and this includes the admin role.

Importantly, I’ve not experienced any downtime issues with either of my two Tribe sites.

I also looked closely at the team behind Tribe before investing, and I am impressed by their roadmap and responsiveness to my questions.

I’m so happy that I have Tribe in my toolkit, and I can see good things ahead for this reliable community building platform.

Cons

I find it hard to fault, so I'm not going to add something that I least like just to fill in a box.

Naveenkumar N.
Company size: Self Employed

Grow your community with less effort

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Bringing your visitors, viewers, subscribers under one roof is tough and cumbersome. Tribe does it with minimum effort. It helps to gather your loyal followers to one place, and helps you to grow your community even bigger.

Pros

Easy set up with zero knowledge about the cloud infrastructure, coding, integrations with third-party apps, and excellent support makes Tribe unique.

Cons

On the downside, Tribe's third-party integrations comes with a price for a commonly used apps like Slack or web hooks etc.

Jim Y.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Easy community platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Pros

Since using Tribe, I've found that the platform is easy to use and fairly intuitive. The things I haven't been able to figure out, I've been able to find really quickly through Tribe's own community page. This, by far, has been one of the easiest investments and exciting platforms I've used to date.

Cons

Limited chat feature, although there is a Telegram integration that works well.

Response from Tribe

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to see that you found the platform intuitive and easy-to-use!

Regarding chat feature - we're releasing the real-time chat feature by the end of this month.

We look forward to serving you.

Balaji M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

One app for all your community needs!

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

We were on the verge of finalizing another tool for our community portal. After I saw Tribe, there was no looking back. Tribe provided us with everything in-house. Implementing Single Sign-On with our product was a breeze. Everything was well documented and we had very little to do with the development efforts. The rich set of integrations provided by Tribe is something that will make this application stand out from others in the crowd. We were able to integrate Tribe with most of the third-party applications we use. In a few days, we had our sleek, responsive, modern, flexible and powerful community portal up and running.

Pros

Tribe is ultra customizable. Also, it has plenty of integrations to help you enable your community with any additional needs you have. It is cost-efficient as well when compared to any other community platforms available right now. We wanted to have a community portal with solution articles support built-in. Tribe is one among the very few which had that functionality.

Cons

The default look and feel of the product can be a little bit better. But it can be completely customized and you can make it match the look and feel of your product.

Darryl D.
Industry: Publishing

Exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Tribe is easy to set up and easy to use. We appreciate being able to set up a community platform that we can create and curate ourselves. It's exactly what we were looking for!

Pros

It's beautifully desgined, easy to use, and does exactly what we want.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints. It does exactly what we need.

Response from Tribe

Hi Darryl,

We appreciate the feedback!

Great to learn that you're happy with the design and easy setup process. This is going to make our team immensely happy.

Saurabh K.
Industry: Computer Games

Reliable community builder

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Tribe provided an awesome platform to make community for gaming , discussion, FAQs ,etc. My problem is solved by this platform as i built a gaming community which is going good.

Pros

Hello ! I made a gaming community on tribe and it's totally awesome because many people are joining there and many gaming tournament platform like GamingMonk also joined us. My experience with the community is really good.
I think there is nothing left which a good community wants ,means you have already provided so many apps which are very helpful like Google analytics , SOCIAL logins , virtual currency and Reputation score . These tools/apps makes the community so reliable and it's SEO of the site is also very nice.

Cons

I dislike nothing but they can add some more SEO apps/tools to improve visibility of site in search engines.

Response from Tribe

Hi Saurabh - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad that Tribe has been helpful for you to build the Gaming community. Gamers are one of the most prolific community builders!

Regarding SEO app - we do have the SEO Boost app in the Plus plan. The SEO Boost app gives you additional controls over how search engines index the content.

Marie C.
Industry: Telecommunications

The Best for Engaging with Coworkers

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

I enjoy it. I use it almost daily. Employee Engagement is a huge factor for our organization. The best part of our organization is its people and our strong teams. It was essential for us to find a way to keep our positive culture moving in the right direction when the pandemic hit, and this has been the perfect space for us.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to use. People enjoy using it because it reads like a familiar social media platform while protecting their private social media accounts from there professional circles.

Our organization's Social Committee was looking for a platform that would help us to stay virtually connected with our coworkers at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. We needed something that would be interactive and read like a Facebook page or another social media platform, but without the hassle of sharing your social media with your coworkers when it might contain some personal information. Tribe has been the perfect outlet for this. It allows us to post funny memes, keep conversations going and even set up events like contests, "questions of the day" and host theme days with our coworkers -- which keeps all of us in touch with the fun work culture of our organization. The best part, is you are starting with a clean profile template that is not connected to other social media platforms, and can stay as professional or casual as it needs to be.

We love tribe and definitely intend to continue using it! I recommend for any organization that is having difficulty keeping employee engagement open in these unprecedented times.

Cons

It would be nice to have more options to upload photos on regular posts. Right now it seems like we can only upload them in the "Discussion Thread" format. Other than that, it's really fantastic. Wouldn't change a thing!

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Solid feature-rich package

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Pros

Tribe is a very good community/forum package. Extremely easy to set up, feature-rich, and well-designed. Tribe features include groups, topics, @mentiones, Rich Text formatting, polls, custom-domain support, telegram and messenger integration, CSS-customization and more. All this in a functional, intuative, and mobile-responsive design. Tribe also has good support for foreign languages, including perfect RTL alignment for relevant languages (such as Hebrew, used on our forum).
Most importantly of all, though, is the technical support, which is simply fabulous. Tribe's team is extremely helpful and supportive, open for suggestions and happy to help with every little problem - even with the Free product. I highly recommend you give it a try!

Cons

Tribe is hosted on their servers, and not available for self-hosting, which might be an issue for some.
However with support for custom domains, branding and CSS customization, this shouldn't be an issue for most. Might even be an advantage.

Response from Tribe

Thanks for the detailed review and we're glad that you took advantage of the customizability. Since Tribe is a cloud-based solution, there is no on-premise set up at this point. However, this helps our clients to focus on the community building instead of worrying about the technical complexities.

Samina A.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Very adaptive; user and business friendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

Ours is a health and weight loss company and one of the biggest problems our users face is - motivation. This community page aims to help them in their journey of weight loss by seeing others' stories, sharing their own, and receiving encouragement. And it is a very big credential for us, as we can portray our successes from the customer herself/ himself.

Pros

There were a lot of scenarios which we needed custom for our business and which were taken care of by Tribe - for e.g. having multiple content categorization like Recipes, Exercises, etc., pinning of posts for greater coverage on feed, etc.
For all users, they have an open policy to write your pain point, and based on the no of their users impacted, they take it up in their roadmap which is good end user collaboration. Many of our custom requests were taken on the roadmap and implemented.
Customer support is quite responsive and tries to work with the customer to resolve issues, and does not just force pre-built features.
The Tribe as a platform is quite holistic and can cover all the basic and advanced needs of a community feature.

Cons

More holistic in built analytics can be a bonus if implemented.

Response from Tribe

Hi Samina,

Thanks for the candid feedback. We're glad that the customizability of the Tribe Platform worked for your solution. As you mentioned, the beauty of Tribe is its ability integrate into products and bring in community touchpoints.

Regarding better analytics - yes, we're already working on this, so we'll keep you posted on the progress.

Cengiz A.
Industry: Management Consulting

Just do it

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/10/15

I liked it. It helped me to establish a community base without hurdle and delay.

Pros

It’s intuitive and user friendly. It allows instant community building even with the basic futures. That it has itself a community of tribe users is a very good idea. I got timely support from there. When you request an answer or ask for a feature they get back to you with their full dedication. You will you partner with them.

Cons

It’s monthly fee too expensive for us now at the stage of community building. There should be 3 months trial period so that we see to what extent it works when full features are used. Then if it works fee based period would start. Another thing that needs to be improved is to give several strong tools to admins to nurture, increase, and monitor how members interact. Rich statistics demonstrating many different types of member activities is the key to help create a viable, active, engaged community. Also, a smartphone app is a must. Finally, creating means to integrate other relevant apps into tribe would be very wise decision.

Response from Tribe

Thanks for the detailed review. Our pricing is about 50-80% cost-effective when compared with other similar SaaS solutions in the online community domain.

Regarding better analytics - we are offering native report which helps you track the overall health of the community. Integration with Amplitude Analytics will give you additional granular insights on every single member activity and content.

Mobile app - This will be released in 2020. At this point, companies are simply using our API to build community components inside the existing mobile app.

Madison N.
Industry: Program Development

Online Community With High Potential

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Our company has been very happy with Tribe's features and functionality. We wanted to create a community for pharmacy technicians to interact with one another under the umbrella of our certifications and brand as a whole. We looked at a few other companies but ultimately chose Tribe as they had all of the features we needed for a lower price. Although we haven't officially launched to the public yet, the site has been useful both internally and externally as we utilize both secret, private, and public groups. By offering access to an early group we have seen the site's value as individuals share personal experiences, ask questions and help one another.

Pros

The ability to customize the header and URL allowed for a seamless integration, look and feel from our own website. One of our favorite features is the Reputation Score, which encourages members to actively participate in discussions to receive points.

Cons

Some features are lacking but we value Tribe's transparency in the site's continuous improvement as they outline upcoming goals on their website and are quick to share work-arounds or fixes for whatever problem you may be experiencing.

Paul R.
Industry: E-Learning

Great, flexible platform

Very positive and useful

Pros

Tribe is a powerful, highly scalable and flexible platform for almost any community of people who want to connect around a shared purpose. The tools are simple, intuitive and beautifully designed. We are running a closed, subscription based group mentoring community, and it has been a fantastic fit for our needs.

Cons

No built in messaging functionality and bad integration with Telegram.

Meryl W.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

They delivered a top notch platform for our customer community

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Simply focus on what you would want to achieve based on your business goals. For example, keep the Question and Answer module at the center if you want to foster discussions. Talk to Tribe's community management team; they have some of the most practical suggestions for improvement.

Pros

We are from financial services domain (loans and mortgages to be specific) and were in search for a software solution to create customer community where we can give access to a useful pool of content and allow them to ask questions, submit answers, connect with each other and have intimate discussions in subgroups. Tribe offered all of these with an easy to use interface and we were able to go live within a week that included moderate customization of the platform.

Cons

It could still improve in terms of more features such as community event creation and management. But, perhaps feature development is an ongoing task and they would get to it eventually.

Response from Tribe

Hi Meryl,

Thanks for taking the time to help us improve with your feedback. Greatly appreciate your kind words.

We're glad to see that our feature set and usability help you launch a really powerful customer community.

Thanks again for choosing us as your community partner.

Regards,

Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

Deadly useful and intuitive to use

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

I use Tribe to gather a community (or tribe) around my business

Pros

I really love Tribe. It’s a perfect and independent group you can build so easily. I’m totally fan of the UI/UX of Tribe, really intuitive and easy to use. I can only recommend it to anyone willing to create and grow a community or an audience away from facebook, Slack or Discord. It offers advantages of each of them without the disadvantages.

Cons

Maybe the difficulty to clarify differences with quick topics, questions, articles and discussion for my users. Sometimes they publish in one way and should have been in another way. I would like to have the ability to modify that.

Response from Tribe

Hi there,

Thanks for the kind words and we truly appreciate the time invested to review us.

Especially our design team is experiencing tribal joy as I submit this reply.

Tom C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Tribe Provides An Excellent Alternative To Facebook Groups

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Pros

Tribe has provided me exactly what I was looking for, an online community with no dependency on a social platform that I can leverage for my business or brand. The support team has been responsive and the user community is helpful when it comes to customizing your community. So far, I am pleased with the result and hope that they continue to roll out improvements that directly benefit community users. That's why we are all doing this in the first place. To build a valuable knowledge base of information and media that is easy to access, navigate, and consume. I'm looking forward to growing my Tribe community and connecting with people who share the same interests I do.

Cons

You can tell that Tribe is still new and has limited resources. I don't dislike that, but if you require instant response times and expect your specific feature requests to be added quickly, you may be disappointed. What I know is that the platform is usable right now, they provide self-service support, have a helpful user community, and the platform in general has a lot of potential.

Rajnil T.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simply amazing! The Tribe Platform and their team give everything you need to build a successful com

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

We had an outstanding experience overall (perhaps my top three in SaaS space). I’d recommend Tribe in a heartbeat to anyone wishing to boost user engagement and retention!

Pros

This platform is very flexible and comes with numerous native integrations while being intuitive and easy-to-use. Most important element in their offering is the team – they patiently understood our requirement for the community as an integral part of our software product. They guided us with clear strategy and explained the features best suited for our use case. Finally, the whole community was customized was exactly the way we wanted. All of these came at an extremely efficient cost.

Cons

We encountered some bugs, but that’s understandable as this is a relatively new product. However, they fix the reported issues quickly and provide regular updates to improve further.

Response from Tribe

Hi Rajnil,

Really appreciate your honest feedback; this will definitely help us improve Tribe.

Happy to see that our consultative approach met your expectation. I'll let our team know about your kind words -- this is what gets us going every day.

Best,

Matt S.
Industry: Information Services

Tribe personal network

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

It only took me a day or two of playing around with the settings to make things the way I wanted them. It is simple and user friendly. Some other options have way too many bells and whistles to navigate through and most of them you don't even need. Tribe customer services is top notch. You don't wait days to get help with support! Very much appreciated!!

Pros

I became a Tribe member due to the censorship of other popular social networks. Tribe gives us a place where we control the narrative and we can discuss issues without bias moderators approval. It is a great place and I've recommended it to many of my business associates and friends.

Cons

The only con I see at this time is the inability to send private messages from user to user. You can comment on each others post but not send a message directly to that person. I hear this is coming and look forward to it.

Parsa G.
Industry: Computer Software

Well designed and well thought platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Tribe comes with our highest recommendation.

Pros

We have been looking for a community solution for quite some time till we discovered tribe. It is a modern platform, well designed and well thought on its integration. It has an intuitive and straight forward interface. unlike other solutions on the market tribe is not over selling over its features. tribe comes with our highest recommendation.

Cons

Anything that was a concern has been addressed very quickly by the customer success team. The only thing I would mention to help others make a right decision would be the platform itself is a tool. you need to build the community around your brand and invite your members to join your tribe.

Response from Tribe

Hi Parsa,

Thank you for making our day, our team was super happy to read your review :)

When we set out to build Tribe, our goal was and still is to to provide highly intuitive community platform. We're also highly inclined towards offering powerful customization options via integrations, widgets and API.

It's an honor to have you using Tribe.

Oviene K.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great platform, easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Our experience with Tribe has indeed been a great one!

Pros

Navigating the features on the platform is easy. The instructions are straight forward and the Tribe community is filled with useful articles on how to use all the features. The team is also very supportive and responsive whenever we encounter any difficulties or need any advice. The team has also accommodated our suggestions and requests to better our community. They are also proactive in offering help and making sure we are satisfied with the platform.

Cons

There was a bug with one of the features during our early stages of Tribe but the team quickly addressed it and made fixing it a priority.

Response from Tribe

Hi Oviene,

First of all, thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

We consider our clients nothing less than our Tribe family and are always committed to your success.

Glad to see that you found of support, content and the platform useful. Look forward to a long-term partnership.

Regards,
Team Tribe.

Jeffrey B.
Industry: Computer Software

Tribe gives you control and flexibility

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

Great product, flexible configuration and quick time to value.

Pros

Tribe is building a modern software product that allows you to deploy quickly. Their Admin settings are easy to use and the 3rd party integrations make it easy to connect with other tools.

Cons

There are a few nits in the design that are currently not configurable - although it sounds that Tribe is going to make adjustments in the future.

Behzad H.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excited to build our community.

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

We got to know about tribe as we were beginning to plan for creating a community for our customers. Our experience so far with Tribe has been a great one. We have received great support from the Tribe team. The platform itself is very easy to use and we appreciate the proactive support suggestions we receive for improving our community. Tribe is trying to help users customize their communities with the features that work for them best. Trube has reached out to us a number of times to see if we need a feature that they don't currently offer so they can build it for us and I find that very unique.

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, visually appealing.

Cons

I haven't come across one but if I do I will make sure to share.

Response from Tribe

Hi Behzad,

Thanks for the great review :) we are delighted to know you liked the intuitiveness of the platform and customer support.

Since we're truly user-centric and committed to see our customer sicced, we take a proactive approach to find out ways to help our clients.

We are honored to have you as a member of the ever-growing Tribe family.