Showing 84 reviews of 70

Tribe

Cloud-based community platform for branded communities

Showing 84 reviews of 70
Evan L.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

Pros

Tribe has added value to membership in our trade association, especially during a time when in-person events and meetings cannot happen. We created an Online Community on Tribe at a fraction of the cost of what competitors are charging. This Online Community allows our members to ask questions and engage with us virtually! We have received great feedback so far from our members and people love joining our Community as it is so simple to use and requires zero onboarding.

In terms of customizability, Tribe offers a Community platform for the biggest tech geeks and for beginners. Whether you want to add your own code to make it your own or if you want to keep it as is and add your logo and change the colors, the platform is incredibly user friendly and easy to use! Go Tribe!

Cons

Nothing! Tribe has been so easy to use and east to manage

Response from Tribe

Hi Evan,

Thanks for your feedback and kind words. Glad that you loved the customizability and usability of Tribe.

Aila C.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Tribe is perfect for our online community!

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

The Rooted Collaborative just launched our membership portal on Tribe to house our global community of Black, Indigenous , and Woman of Color fundraisers. It's been such a joy to connect with each other through Tribe not just professionally, but also personally with the features Tribe offers to join different subgroups within the portal. It feels like we have our own private social media channel that we can customize not just on the admin side, but for users as well. We love it here!

Pros

I really like how Tribe feels like our own exclusive social media site - enabling members and admin to customize our experience.

Cons

So far so good! I don't have much to add here. It is very user-friendly.

Response from Tribe

Hi Aila,

Thanks a ton for the review and the feedback.

Tribe's design is inspired by popular social media sites and we have added the best practices from the social networks to improve member engagement, networking, and content consumption.

Rick N.
  • Industry: Online Media

Tribe Makes Community Building Easy!

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

I am able to stay connected with my audience, and I am in control of the overall experience.

Pros

I’m so impressed with Tribe that as soon as I saw everything it could do, I set up two accounts!

Tribe gives me the opportunity to stay connected with my community, and it is beyond easy to use.

Having a well-designed platform like this, makes the experience positive for all users, and this includes the admin role.

Importantly, I’ve not experienced any downtime issues with either of my two Tribe sites.

I also looked closely at the team behind Tribe before investing, and I am impressed by their roadmap and responsiveness to my questions.

I’m so happy that I have Tribe in my toolkit, and I can see good things ahead for this reliable community building platform.

Cons

I find it hard to fault, so I'm not going to add something that I least like just to fill in a box.

Response from Tribe

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the detailed review!

We look forward to serving you.

Balaji M.

One app for all your community needs!

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

We were on the verge of finalizing another tool for our community portal. After I saw Tribe, there was no looking back. Tribe provided us with everything in-house. Implementing Single Sign-On with our product was a breeze. Everything was well documented and we had very little to do with the development efforts. The rich set of integrations provided by Tribe is something that will make this application stand out from others in the crowd. We were able to integrate Tribe with most of the third-party applications we use. In a few days, we had our sleek, responsive, modern, flexible and powerful community portal up and running.

Pros

Tribe is ultra customizable. Also, it has plenty of integrations to help you enable your community with any additional needs you have. It is cost-efficient as well when compared to any other community platforms available right now. We wanted to have a community portal with solution articles support built-in. Tribe is one among the very few which had that functionality.

Cons

The default look and feel of the product can be a little bit better. But it can be completely customized and you can make it match the look and feel of your product.

Paul R.

Great, flexible platform

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Very positive and useful

Pros

Tribe is a powerful, highly scalable and flexible platform for almost any community of people who want to connect around a shared purpose. The tools are simple, intuitive and beautifully designed. We are running a closed, subscription based group mentoring community, and it has been a fantastic fit for our needs.

Cons

No built in messaging functionality and bad integration with Telegram.

Meryl W.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

They delivered a top notch platform for our customer community

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Simply focus on what you would want to achieve based on your business goals. For example, keep the Question and Answer module at the center if you want to foster discussions. Talk to Tribe's community management team; they have some of the most practical suggestions for improvement.

Pros

We are from financial services domain (loans and mortgages to be specific) and were in search for a software solution to create customer community where we can give access to a useful pool of content and allow them to ask questions, submit answers, connect with each other and have intimate discussions in subgroups. Tribe offered all of these with an easy to use interface and we were able to go live within a week that included moderate customization of the platform.

Cons

It could still improve in terms of more features such as community event creation and management. But, perhaps feature development is an ongoing task and they would get to it eventually.

Response from Tribe

Hi Meryl,

Thanks for taking the time to help us improve with your feedback. Greatly appreciate your kind words.

We're glad to see that our feature set and usability help you launch a really powerful customer community.

Thanks again for choosing us as your community partner.

Regards,

Rajnil T.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simply amazing! The Tribe Platform and their team give everything you need to build a...

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

We had an outstanding experience overall (perhaps my top three in SaaS space). I’d recommend Tribe in a heartbeat to anyone wishing to boost user engagement and retention!

Pros

This platform is very flexible and comes with numerous native integrations while being intuitive and easy-to-use. Most important element in their offering is the team – they patiently understood our requirement for the community as an integral part of our software product. They guided us with clear strategy and explained the features best suited for our use case. Finally, the whole community was customized was exactly the way we wanted. All of these came at an extremely efficient cost.

Cons

We encountered some bugs, but that’s understandable as this is a relatively new product. However, they fix the reported issues quickly and provide regular updates to improve further.

Response from Tribe

Hi Rajnil,

Really appreciate your honest feedback; this will definitely help us improve Tribe.

Happy to see that our consultative approach met your expectation. I'll let our team know about your kind words -- this is what gets us going every day.

Behzad H.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excited to build our community.

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

We got to know about tribe as we were beginning to plan for creating a community for our customers. Our experience so far with Tribe has been a great one. We have received great support from the Tribe team. The platform itself is very easy to use and we appreciate the proactive support suggestions we receive for improving our community. Tribe is trying to help users customize their communities with the features that work for them best. Trube has reached out to us a number of times to see if we need a feature that they don't currently offer so they can build it for us and I find that very unique.

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, visually appealing.

Cons

I haven't come across one but if I do I will make sure to share.

Response from Tribe

Hi Behzad,

Thanks for the great review :) we are delighted to know you liked the intuitiveness of the platform and customer support.

Since we're truly user-centric and committed to see our customer sicced, we take a proactive approach to find out ways to help our clients.

We are honored to have you as a member of the ever-growing Tribe family.

Best Regards,

• Industry: Human Resources

One of the best community apps on the market

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Pros

Tribe is one of easiest self service community platform out there. The quality of the software and the ease of use truly makes it an outstanding experience for our members. I also have always been a big fan of trying technology before an upgrade which helped us gain the trust we needed. I would highly recommend tribe to organizations looking to strengthen their brand and build credibility with their customers.

Cons

No mobile App to download with notifications on the mobile phone.

Response from Tribe

Thanks for taking the time to review Tribe and share your feedback.

We're witnessing some of the top brands achieve amazing results with customer communities built on top of Tribe.

Regarding mobile app - we have that on our roadmap (Q2 - 2021). Currently, Tribe offers PWA (Progressive Web App), fully mobile responsive design, and tight integration with messaging apps (Slack, Facebook Messenger, Telegram).

Iman H.

10/10 The best community platform!

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

A well-thought community platform with integrations that made us focus more on driving growth and engagement and less time on software development.

Pros

Tribe community platform was really easy to set up. Building a thriving customer support community around our software was crucial. The modern design and the smart widgets helped us implement and integrate the community elements into our product.
The gamification system boosted the engagement by encouraging users to contribute. The customer success team was always available and supported us with their understanding of the business and their know-how of online community building.

Cons

The custom integration app that Tribe implemented for our product had some bugs but to be fair, they fixed them right away after reporting by our team.

Response from Tribe

Hi Iman,

Really appreciate you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Your review really made our day. And we're happy to see that you liked the simplicity, customization options and support from our customer success team.

Thanks for understanding that bugs can be present during the early days. We're completely committed to delight our customers, so quick resolution of any customer issue is our first priority.

Best Regards,

Stephanie G.

Perfect for private online community and to reduce support team work

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

I’ have got incredible support from the team. I had some issues that have been fixed quickly.

Pros

I like everything about Tribe. You can do so many things from customers support to your business community and marketing. We have bought tribe with many idea in head for our marketplace users. The first idea was to create our VIP community where users can ask questions to others and get support from the community; but after the setup of our account, we have seen so much more opportunity.

Cons

The language localization was an issue for me. But the team is working on it.

Response from Tribe

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the feedback. We're glad you could build a support community with Tribe and unlock other potentials!

We've improved our language localization process so there should not be any issue going forward.

• Industry: Sports
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Amazing Community Platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

Tribe allows me to connect with my community members in real-time, private messaging and by posts. The service helps streamline communication vs being scattered with other messaging on social platforms.

Pros

The features and apps within the service. That they have a free plan that works for most organizations and businesses seeking to foster a better relationship with customers and employees.

Cons

Customization is only by CSS, if you are not familiar with the coding it may appear cumbersome.

Response from Tribe

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it!

With Tribe, brands are building both internal and external communities. Yes, additional/granular customization currently requires CSS modification using our Theme Editor.

However, we are coming up with a much better solution for customization and theming in 2021 (Q2).

Celia M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy to Use and Integrate

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Pros

I am loving the Tribe platform. It’s been really easy to set up. I’ve also really enjoyed how easy it is to integrate notifications to Slack so we can keep up with what’s happening on the Community pages at all times.

Cons

There are new features that could be added but this is the same with all software and I believe as this product grows it's going to be amazing.

Response from Tribe

Hi Celia,

Thanks for investing time in writing this review. Appreciate it!

Slack is definitely a powerful integration that helps both your internal team and community members stay updated with community activities.

2021 is an exciting year for Tribe -- We'll be releasing amazing features, apps, and integrations as we move forward.

Benjamin H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

With Tribe anyone can crate the work on a professional

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Amazing and definitely worth using and putting time into.

Pros

With Tribe I was able to create an amazing social media network with plenty of features! I made a professional scale website, transferred domains, and connected it to Adsense all for free! Tribe is truly one of the best out there in what they do and I would definitely recommend it.

Cons

The only thing about Tribe I least liked was that I wasn't able to implement direct messaging directly on my website.

Response from Tribe

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your kind words and recommendation. Direct Messaging app is now available.

Note: Direct Messaging was released 2 weeks after this review.

Elisa E.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Loving this software!

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

This is a really easy to use platform. I had to contact customer service for an issue once (on my end) and it was a very pleasant experience.

Pros

This is so completely easy to use and set up. I love how simple it is for users to understand and for our employees to figure out.

Cons

I honestly haven't figured out much that I don't like yet. We are still in the beginning stages of implementing this software, but so far I am loving everything! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a community platform.

Response from Tribe

Hi Elisa,

Love that Tribe's simplicity and easy setup process worked for you. We'd continue to delight you with our customer support!

Karen B.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Pros

Tribe has been so easy to set up for this non-techy community manager! I especially appreciate all of the community support resources that are available - and that by searching through them, I'm also learning how the community can function since they use all the features they're helping support!

Cons

I’m still learning what all of the features are, so I’m not entirely sure what I don’t know yet.

Response from Tribe

Hi, Karen - Thanks for the feedback and review. We'll pass this message to our success team; it'll make their day.

Josh W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Recommend highly

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

I’m really impressed with Tribe. The website is very user friendly and loads quickly. It’s design beats Facebook groups or any other community building platform. I look forward to getting more of our users on it.

Pros

- Tribe is really easy to use, very intuitive
- Load times are quick across multiple devices
- User onboarding is incredibly effective to prompt usage

Cons

- Can't fault it so far. 6 months in and it's exactly what my business needs.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great tool, outstanding support

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

Pros

Their customer success managers are outstanding! They've answered all my questions within no time and helped a lot also with tips and tricks to kickstart the community.

Cons

Some features were still missing when we started (f.ex. email notifications) but their development team is super fast and I'm sure they'll pick up these features in no time.

Response from Tribe

Thanks a lot for your kind words. Really appreciate you for taking the time out to share your experience. And we agree, our customer success managers are paranoid about helping clients!

• Industry: Entertainment

Super easy

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

I’m using the free version of Tribe right now while establishing it as a platform with my users. It was really easy to set up and great quality considering there’s no payment needed! I understand there are more features with the paid version, which as my platform grows I’ll be very interested to check them out. So far our experience has been great and Tribe suits our needs perfectly.

Pros

It's really easy to set up and you don't need to be super technical to use it.

Cons

There are a couple of minor tweaks that could improve it. Not being able to reply to a message with just an emoji feels counterintuitive for a fast-paced communication space.

Response from Tribe

Thanks for your kind words. Glad that you found Tribe easy to set up.

Diksha A.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A terrific community software

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Creating social community is made super easy with this software

Pros

Within minutes you can create a community even if you have zero coding knowledge. Simple and basic, you can grow your network using this amazing tool. They have a free version too covering 500 users

Cons

It is not an open source software. Pricing plans are also a little on the expensive side so that can be worked upon

Response from Tribe

Hi Diksha - Thanks for the review and candid feedback.

Tribe is cloud-based and that allows us to ensure that communities powered by Tribe are following all the best practices.

We have conveyed your concern regarding the pricing to our designated team.

Thanks again,

Harriet R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Launched our mobile community within 2 weeks!

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

We could see better customer engagement after adding the social component inside our app to help the members connect with each other.

Pros

In our use case, the critical part of the implementation was to bring community experience inside our pre-existing mobile app. Thanks to the modularity and comprehensive API offered by Tribe, we were able to build a community experience complete with an activity feed, posting capability, and networking inside the mobile app.

Cons

There were a couple of missing parameters and endpoints in the API documentation. However, based on our request, team Tribe helped us with the API-based deployment and updated the documentation.

Response from Tribe

Hi Harriet,

We're delighted that our approach for the community platform helped you add social experience inside the mobile app. That's the beauty of Tribe -- designed to integrate into products and sites.

We'll continue to improve our API and documentation.

Jim Y.

Easy community platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Pros

Since using Tribe, I've found that the platform is easy to use and fairly intuitive. The things I haven't been able to figure out, I've been able to find really quickly through Tribe's own community page. This, by far, has been one of the easiest investments and exciting platforms I've used to date.

Cons

Limited chat feature, although there is a Telegram integration that works well.

Response from Tribe

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to see that you found the platform intuitive and easy-to-use!

Regarding chat feature - we're releasing the real-time chat feature by the end of this month.

We look forward to serving you.

Susie R.

Easiest Ever Online Community Solution

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

I immediately liked this project for its ease of use. The sales and support team are friendly and quick to respond. The platform can be used for a wide array of applications (support, community, collaborative teams), and several of my clients who will gain substantially from its use.

Pros

Quick setup, multiple options, fast learning curve, great price.

Cons

Some options are on the TO-DO list for the development team, but they're really open to ideas and suggestions.

Response from Tribe

Hi Susie,

Thanks for sharing the candid feedback. We appreciate your kind words.

Glad that our design patterns and engagement models derived from popular social networks helped you minimize the learning curve. I'm conveying this to our product team.

Solid feature-rich package

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Pros

Tribe is a very good community/forum package. Extremely easy to set up, feature-rich, and well-designed. Tribe features include groups, topics, @mentiones, Rich Text formatting, polls, custom-domain support, telegram and messenger integration, CSS-customization and more. All this in a functional, intuative, and mobile-responsive design. Tribe also has good support for foreign languages, including perfect RTL alignment for relevant languages (such as Hebrew, used on our forum).
Most importantly of all, though, is the technical support, which is simply fabulous. Tribe's team is extremely helpful and supportive, open for suggestions and happy to help with every little problem - even with the Free product. I highly recommend you give it a try!

Cons

Tribe is hosted on their servers, and not available for self-hosting, which might be an issue for some.
However with support for custom domains, branding and CSS customization, this shouldn't be an issue for most. Might even be an advantage.

Response from Tribe

Thanks for the detailed review and we're glad that you took advantage of the customizability. Since Tribe is a cloud-based solution, there is no on-premise set up at this point. However, this helps our clients to focus on the community building instead of worrying about the technical complexities.