Bettermode

Write a Review!
All-in-one community platform for branded communities

4.5/5

Rajnil
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simply amazing! The Tribe Platform and their team give everything you need to build a...

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

We had an outstanding experience overall (perhaps my top three in SaaS space). I’d recommend Tribe in a heartbeat to anyone wishing to boost user engagement and retention!

Pros

This platform is very flexible and comes with numerous native integrations while being intuitive and easy-to-use. Most important element in their offering is the team – they patiently understood our requirement for the community as an integral part of our software product. They guided us with clear strategy and explained the features best suited for our use case. Finally, the whole community was customized was exactly the way we wanted. All of these came at an extremely efficient cost.

Cons

We encountered some bugs, but that’s understandable as this is a relatively new product. However, they fix the reported issues quickly and provide regular updates to improve further.

Response from Bettermode

Hi Rajnil,

Really appreciate your honest feedback; this will definitely help us improve Tribe.

Happy to see that our consultative approach met your expectation. I'll let our team know about your kind words -- this is what gets us going every day.

Marie
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The Best for Engaging with Coworkers

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

I enjoy it. I use it almost daily. Employee Engagement is a huge factor for our organization. The best part of our organization is its people and our strong teams. It was essential for us to find a way to keep our positive culture moving in the right direction when the pandemic hit, and this has been the perfect space for us.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to use. People enjoy using it because it reads like a familiar social media platform while protecting their private social media accounts from there professional circles.

Our organization's Social Committee was looking for a platform that would help us to stay virtually connected with our coworkers at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. We needed something that would be interactive and read like a Facebook page or another social media platform, but without the hassle of sharing your social media with your coworkers when it might contain some personal information. Tribe has been the perfect outlet for this. It allows us to post funny memes, keep conversations going and even set up events like contests, "questions of the day" and host theme days with our coworkers -- which keeps all of us in touch with the fun work culture of our organization. The best part, is you are starting with a clean profile template that is not connected to other social media platforms, and can stay as professional or casual as it needs to be.

We love tribe and definitely intend to continue using it! I recommend for any organization that is having difficulty keeping employee engagement open in these unprecedented times.

Cons

It would be nice to have more options to upload photos on regular posts. Right now it seems like we can only upload them in the "Discussion Thread" format. Other than that, it's really fantastic. Wouldn't change a thing!

Cengiz
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Just do it

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

I liked it. It helped me to establish a community base without hurdle and delay.

Pros

It’s intuitive and user friendly. It allows instant community building even with the basic futures. That it has itself a community of tribe users is a very good idea. I got timely support from there. When you request an answer or ask for a feature they get back to you with their full dedication. You will you partner with them.

Cons

It’s monthly fee too expensive for us now at the stage of community building. There should be 3 months trial period so that we see to what extent it works when full features are used. Then if it works fee based period would start. Another thing that needs to be improved is to give several strong tools to admins to nurture, increase, and monitor how members interact. Rich statistics demonstrating many different types of member activities is the key to help create a viable, active, engaged community. Also, a smartphone app is a must. Finally, creating means to integrate other relevant apps into tribe would be very wise decision.

Response from Bettermode

Thanks for the detailed review. Our pricing is about 50-80% cost-effective when compared with other similar SaaS solutions in the online community domain.

Regarding better analytics - we are offering native report which helps you track the overall health of the community. Integration with Amplitude Analytics will give you additional granular insights on every single member activity and content.

Mobile app - This will be released in 2020. At this point, companies are simply using our API to build community components inside the existing mobile app.

Rick
  • Industry: Online Media

Tribe Makes Community Building Easy!

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

I am able to stay connected with my audience, and I am in control of the overall experience.

Pros

I’m so impressed with Tribe that as soon as I saw everything it could do, I set up two accounts!

Tribe gives me the opportunity to stay connected with my community, and it is beyond easy to use.

Having a well-designed platform like this, makes the experience positive for all users, and this includes the admin role.

Importantly, I’ve not experienced any downtime issues with either of my two Tribe sites.

I also looked closely at the team behind Tribe before investing, and I am impressed by their roadmap and responsiveness to my questions.

I’m so happy that I have Tribe in my toolkit, and I can see good things ahead for this reliable community building platform.

Cons

I find it hard to fault, so I'm not going to add something that I least like just to fill in a box.

Response from Bettermode

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the detailed review!

We look forward to serving you.

Samina

Very adaptive; user and business friendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

Ours is a health and weight loss company and one of the biggest problems our users face is - motivation. This community page aims to help them in their journey of weight loss by seeing others' stories, sharing their own, and receiving encouragement. And it is a very big credential for us, as we can portray our successes from the customer herself/ himself.

Pros

There were a lot of scenarios which we needed custom for our business and which were taken care of by Tribe - for e.g. having multiple content categorization like Recipes, Exercises, etc., pinning of posts for greater coverage on feed, etc.
For all users, they have an open policy to write your pain point, and based on the no of their users impacted, they take it up in their roadmap which is good end user collaboration. Many of our custom requests were taken on the roadmap and implemented.
Customer support is quite responsive and tries to work with the customer to resolve issues, and does not just force pre-built features.
The Tribe as a platform is quite holistic and can cover all the basic and advanced needs of a community feature.

Cons

More holistic in built analytics can be a bonus if implemented.

Response from Bettermode

Hi Samina,

Thanks for the candid feedback. We're glad that the customizability of the Tribe Platform worked for your solution. As you mentioned, the beauty of Tribe is its ability integrate into products and bring in community touchpoints.

Regarding better analytics - yes, we're already working on this, so we'll keep you posted on the progress.

Solid feature-rich package

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Pros

Tribe is a very good community/forum package. Extremely easy to set up, feature-rich, and well-designed. Tribe features include groups, topics, @mentiones, Rich Text formatting, polls, custom-domain support, telegram and messenger integration, CSS-customization and more. All this in a functional, intuative, and mobile-responsive design. Tribe also has good support for foreign languages, including perfect RTL alignment for relevant languages (such as Hebrew, used on our forum).
Most importantly of all, though, is the technical support, which is simply fabulous. Tribe's team is extremely helpful and supportive, open for suggestions and happy to help with every little problem - even with the Free product. I highly recommend you give it a try!

Cons

Tribe is hosted on their servers, and not available for self-hosting, which might be an issue for some.
However with support for custom domains, branding and CSS customization, this shouldn't be an issue for most. Might even be an advantage.

Response from Bettermode

Thanks for the detailed review and we're glad that you took advantage of the customizability. Since Tribe is a cloud-based solution, there is no on-premise set up at this point. However, this helps our clients to focus on the community building instead of worrying about the technical complexities.

Deadly useful and intuitive to use

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

I use Tribe to gather a community (or tribe) around my business

I use Tribe to gather a community (or tribe) around my business

Pros

I really love Tribe. It’s a perfect and independent group you can build so easily. I’m totally fan of the UI/UX of Tribe, really intuitive and easy to use. I can only recommend it to anyone willing to create and grow a community or an audience away from facebook, Slack or Discord. It offers advantages of each of them without the disadvantages.

Cons

Maybe the difficulty to clarify differences with quick topics, questions, articles and discussion for my users. Sometimes they publish in one way and should have been in another way. I would like to have the ability to modify that.

Response from Bettermode

Hi there,

Thanks for the kind words and we truly appreciate the time invested to review us.

Especially our design team is experiencing tribal joy as I submit this reply.

Miranda
Miranda
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The right choice

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Pros

Tribe has been a great platform for building our community. I chose it for its intuitive, clean interface and overall functionality. It's hard to know what the right solution is until you implement it; I'm happy to say that our experience shows that it is.

Cons

Not having an app, although it does work well on mobile devices.

Mighty Networks

Reasons for Switching to Bettermode

Focus on topic content and groups

Response from Bettermode

Hi Miranda,

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you for investing time in this review.

Glad that you loved Tribe's clean interface and intuitive design. The mobile SDK will be launched in 2021 (Q2/Q3).

I'll come back and update this response when we have a mobile app.

Parsa
Parsa

Well designed and well thought platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Tribe comes with our highest recommendation.

Tribe comes with our highest recommendation.

Pros

We have been looking for a community solution for quite some time till we discovered tribe. It is a modern platform, well designed and well thought on its integration. It has an intuitive and straight forward interface. unlike other solutions on the market tribe is not over selling over its features. tribe comes with our highest recommendation.

Cons

Anything that was a concern has been addressed very quickly by the customer success team. The only thing I would mention to help others make a right decision would be the platform itself is a tool. you need to build the community around your brand and invite your members to join your tribe.

Response from Bettermode

Hi Parsa,

Thank you for making our day, our team was super happy to read your review :)

When we set out to build Tribe, our goal was and still is to to provide highly intuitive community platform. We're also highly inclined towards offering powerful customization options via integrations, widgets and API.

It's an honor to have you using Tribe.

• Industry: Human Resources

One of the best community apps on the market

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Pros

Tribe is one of easiest self service community platform out there. The quality of the software and the ease of use truly makes it an outstanding experience for our members. I also have always been a big fan of trying technology before an upgrade which helped us gain the trust we needed. I would highly recommend tribe to organizations looking to strengthen their brand and build credibility with their customers.

Cons

No mobile App to download with notifications on the mobile phone.

Response from Bettermode

Thanks for taking the time to review Tribe and share your feedback.

We're witnessing some of the top brands achieve amazing results with customer communities built on top of Tribe.

Regarding mobile app - we have that on our roadmap (Q2 - 2021). Currently, Tribe offers PWA (Progressive Web App), fully mobile responsive design, and tight integration with messaging apps (Slack, Facebook Messenger, Telegram).

Jeffrey

Tribe gives you control and flexibility

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

Great product, flexible configuration and quick time to value.

Great product, flexible configuration and quick time to value.

Pros

Tribe is building a modern software product that allows you to deploy quickly. Their Admin settings are easy to use and the 3rd party integrations make it easy to connect with other tools.

Cons

There are a few nits in the design that are currently not configurable - although it sounds that Tribe is going to make adjustments in the future.

Reasons for Switching to Bettermode

Quick time to value and onboarding.

Response from Bettermode

Hi, Jeffrey

Thanks for the feedback and the time invested in sharing the review.

At Tribe, we are focused on building a platform so additional solutions can be built on top of Tribe. That also includes third-party integrations.

Currently, Tribe integrates with 20+ popular solutions (including Zapier). These direct integrations are built by our team. Soon, with our developer platform, our customers would be able to deploy their own integrations easily.

Tom

Tribe Provides An Excellent Alternative To Facebook Groups

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Pros

Tribe has provided me exactly what I was looking for, an online community with no dependency on a social platform that I can leverage for my business or brand. The support team has been responsive and the user community is helpful when it comes to customizing your community. So far, I am pleased with the result and hope that they continue to roll out improvements that directly benefit community users. That's why we are all doing this in the first place. To build a valuable knowledge base of information and media that is easy to access, navigate, and consume. I'm looking forward to growing my Tribe community and connecting with people who share the same interests I do.

Cons

You can tell that Tribe is still new and has limited resources. I don't dislike that, but if you require instant response times and expect your specific feature requests to be added quickly, you may be disappointed. What I know is that the platform is usable right now, they provide self-service support, have a helpful user community, and the platform in general has a lot of potential.

Jennifer

Can't recommend Tribe enough!

Reviewed on 2022/09/27

Pros

Having access to Tribe's Campfire where community managers like myself can receive a quick response from the Tribe team to help troubleshoot issues, and learn the latest updates from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been a huge benefit to using Tribe.
The customizability has allowed us to perfectly align our community with our brand.
Can't recommend Tribe enough!

Cons

There are features such as adding all existing members to new spaces all at once, that I'd love to see implemented which would make sure no content goes unseen.

Behzad
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excited to build our community.

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

We got to know about tribe as we were beginning to plan for creating a community for our customers. Our experience so far with Tribe has been a great one. We have received great support from the Tribe team. The platform itself is very easy to use and we appreciate the proactive support suggestions we receive for improving our community. Tribe is trying to help users customize their communities with the features that work for them best. Trube has reached out to us a number of times to see if we need a feature that they don't currently offer so they can build it for us and I find that very unique.

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, visually appealing.

Cons

I haven't come across one but if I do I will make sure to share.

Response from Bettermode

Hi Behzad,

Thanks for the great review :) we are delighted to know you liked the intuitiveness of the platform and customer support.

Since we're truly user-centric and committed to see our customer sicced, we take a proactive approach to find out ways to help our clients.

We are honored to have you as a member of the ever-growing Tribe family.

Aila
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Tribe is perfect for our online community!

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

The Rooted Collaborative just launched our membership portal on Tribe to house our global community of Black, Indigenous , and Woman of Color fundraisers. It's been such a joy to connect with each other through Tribe not just professionally, but also personally with the features Tribe offers to join different subgroups within the portal. It feels like we have our own private social media channel that we can customize not just on the admin side, but for users as well. We love it here!

Pros

I really like how Tribe feels like our own exclusive social media site - enabling members and admin to customize our experience.

Cons

So far so good! I don't have much to add here. It is very user-friendly.

Response from Bettermode

Hi Aila,

Thanks a ton for the review and the feedback.

Tribe's design is inspired by popular social media sites and we have added the best practices from the social networks to improve member engagement, networking, and content consumption.

Iman
Iman

10/10 The best community platform!

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

A well-thought community platform with integrations that made us focus more on driving growth and engagement and less time on software development.

Pros

Tribe community platform was really easy to set up. Building a thriving customer support community around our software was crucial. The modern design and the smart widgets helped us implement and integrate the community elements into our product.
The gamification system boosted the engagement by encouraging users to contribute. The customer success team was always available and supported us with their understanding of the business and their know-how of online community building.

Cons

The custom integration app that Tribe implemented for our product had some bugs but to be fair, they fixed them right away after reporting by our team.

Response from Bettermode

Hi Iman,

Really appreciate you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Your review really made our day. And we're happy to see that you liked the simplicity, customization options and support from our customer success team.

Thanks for understanding that bugs can be present during the early days. We're completely committed to delight our customers, so quick resolution of any customer issue is our first priority.

• Industry: Sports
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Amazing Community Platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

Tribe allows me to connect with my community members in real-time, private messaging and by posts. The service helps streamline communication vs being scattered with other messaging on social platforms.

Pros

The features and apps within the service. That they have a free plan that works for most organizations and businesses seeking to foster a better relationship with customers and employees.

Cons

Customization is only by CSS, if you are not familiar with the coding it may appear cumbersome.

Response from Bettermode

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it!

With Tribe, brands are building both internal and external communities. Yes, additional/granular customization currently requires CSS modification using our Theme Editor.

However, we are coming up with a much better solution for customization and theming in 2021 (Q2).

Sophie

Great community tool!

Reviewed on 2022/09/26

It brings a lot of value to our users (They can chat with each other, and share their health journey). It's an important part of their recovery.
Our account manager is very available, and they bring new features on a monthly basis.

Pros

- The integration within our app experience
- The UI of the community

Cons

Multi-language is not well handled as of today.

Ventme
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Wonderful

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Pros

Tribe is an amazing platform I've had a great experience. Any questions you have about Tribe, Tribe answer quickly. I've been able to make my own community, and Tribe hold no credit for the community you create. It has a free option and so much for free! Thank you Tribe!

Cons

I honestly don't dislike anything. But I'd say a room for improvement is that we'd be able to create bots more easily, but I know you guys are working on that!

Response from Bettermode

Hi Ventme,

Thanks for the review and candid feedback. Appreciate it!

We've relayed the concern around easier bot management to our product and engineering team. They will get in touch with you to learn more about the use case.

Rachel
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great customer service, great product

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Pros

The interface is user friendly - it can stand alone but also reminds you of other products out there (like Facebook groups, etc.) - so it offers the client/customer familiarity. This is what we were going for. We also really like the team/customer support; they are ready and willing to help us whenever we have questions or comments. They have taken our feedback seriously - and some of our suggestions are actually on the roadmap.

Cons

There were some instances where the features/functionality didn't quite meet our needs (because we are working with an unique population) - but Tribe.so was able to address these for us.

Response from Bettermode

Hi Rachel,

Truly appreciate your honest feedback; your suggestions are helping us improve Tribe platform.

Our team has already started with our signature Tribal dance as I write this. We're so happy to see that our effort to democratize community building in a user-friendly manner is working out well.

We understand that you have a unique audience, but we're fully committed to work with you and help in any way possible.

Regards,

Caio

The No-Code tool to build custom communities and projects.

Reviewed on 2024/03/19

My experience using Bettermode is great, I was able to build my own custom community in just a few days. I love how flexible and customizable it is, this allowed me to quickly change things and grow my community adding new features and resources in a very simple and fast way.

Pros

What I like about Bettermode is the fact it is very flexible. You can quickly build custom projects and customize the components to fit your exact needs, all that without knowing how to code and even design. They provide a lot of pre-made components you can just simply drag to the page and configure how you like, it saves you a bunch of time while building your projects.

Cons

I think there is still room for more components and new features but I am sure they are working on it.

Jacob
  • Industry: Online Media

Fanastic forum for capturing helpful insights!

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Pros

We've used Tribe to host our forum for about three months and have loved how well it captures all the helpful insights in the community and how easily others can find them. I'd totally recommend Tribe for anyone looking for a forum software.

Cons

The Premium version is pricey—but I can tell it includes a lot of value.

Response from Bettermode

Glad that Strong Town found Tribe Community Platform helpful for capturing insights. The Premium plan costs $4788 per year at this point with an annual subscription and this pricing is about 50%-80% cost-effective than other SaaS solutions catering to the online community domain.

Josh
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Recommend highly

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

I’m really impressed with Tribe. The website is very user friendly and loads quickly. It’s design beats Facebook groups or any other community building platform. I look forward to getting more of our users on it.

Pros

- Tribe is really easy to use, very intuitive
- Load times are quick across multiple devices
- User onboarding is incredibly effective to prompt usage

Cons

- Can't fault it so far. 6 months in and it's exactly what my business needs.

Suhail
Suhail
  • Industry: Human Resources

Tribe is your go-to community product

Reviewed on 2020/07/19

I am personally satisfied with tribe. Starting from groups, topics, to customization

Pros

I like the fact that it's simple and easy to deploy, use your own sub-domains, and is customizable to every last detail based on your needs and requirements. It also has everything that a community software would need.

Cons

There is no 24/7 support available for the free tier. Email or chat support could have been provided.

Response from Bettermode

Hi Suhail - Thanks for the feedback. We're happy that you loved the customization capability.

Regarding 24/7 email and chat support on the free tier - at this point, it is not possible to offer support services 24/7 on a free plan (because of the scale). However, we have replayed your concern to our success team.

Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used for 1-5 months

It takes a Tribe, and you can own it!

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Very happy with Tribe and what they bring to the table. I think that it will definitely be able to grow our business.

Pros

So, I really like that Tribe is an available product. When you have the noise of FB ads and Nextdoor false alarms. I am glad to have a product like Tribe that is scalable to what you want it to be.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of not being able to run multiple Tribes from one account. I would like to have a better solution that you may be able to have one admin then still another top level admin that could check in and manage multiple admins.

Response from Bettermode

Glad that you liked the idea of Tribe and its scalability. You can create multiple communities with the same account, however, it'd be difficult to manage several communities with one account. But, it's entirely up to the community owner.