4,8
Terry M.
Industry: Medical Devices

An effective cure to sales commission problems

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Increased payment accuracy. Decreased processing time. More insights into compensation management. More transparency around commissions.

Pros

Sales Cookie has out-of-the-box functionality covering almost all business needs regarding sales commissions. The user interface is quite intuitive. It is optimized for easy navigation. After some minimal training, administrators can become power users. The application is quite fast. Web dialogs load almost instantly. The application seems to be updated quite frequently to add new capabilities (especially connectors) or to make them features easier to use. The structured nature of entities within Sales Cookie helps admins form a clear mental model of compensation and use its features. In addition, sales reps gain useful visibility into plans and sales commissions. They can navigate commission-related information without training.

Cons

You have to configure the application to do what you want to do (not the other way round). This sometimes requires finding the best way to do things as different options are possible (ex: creating territory-based plan vs. crediting managers for territories).

Judy F.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Good solution to manage sales commissions at a fair price

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

This solution has really improved the way we process sales commissions.

Pros

1. The price is very reasonable for all the features
2. They were able to create incentive plans for us
3. They were able to add a small feature when we requested it

Other solutions we researched were a lot more expensive and required a signed contract and full engagement.

Cons

Nothing! There was a missing feature with the price catalog, but they added it for us with a quick turnaround.

Justin L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very handy sales commission tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

Pros

Definitely the ease of use. My company introduced Sales Cookie just over 6 months ago and it has transformed a once tedious task into a streamlined process.

Cons

There was a minor issue with set up but the support team were super friendly and helped fixed the problem immediately.

Anushka P.
Industry: Computer Software

Affordable pricing that will suit any business & Integrates with efficient tools

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

My business has benefited better with Sales Cookie because our investment in this solution took place on a monthly plan but the value being offered was more. Also, we didn’t have to pay for any setup or implementation fee nor join any long term contract. The process is so simple.

Pros

We use multiple tools to kick start our business so we were on the lookout for such a solution that integrates with popular tools on our lists, luckily Sales Cookie did that for us. They easily integrate with top tools such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Zapier, and more.

We wanted our sales teams to work efficiently and we knew that the only way for them to do this is by investing in a simple and easy solution like Sales Cookie. It makes sales so much easier with its sales commission automation solution. It even allows our sales teams to view their online dashboards no matter the device they use. Everything is covered under one tool, in one place, what more do we need.

Cons

1. For brands that don’t have a good source system to capture sales data, this software might not work as efficiently in such cases.

2. It can be difficult to switch from spreadsheets to an efficient sales commission solution at first, but with the training provided that too without any cost, this process becomes simpler.

Juliet H.

Huge Time Saver For Commissions

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Great solution, good interface, reliable service, saves us a lot of time every week. An Excel auto-convert feature would be a killer addition to a great solution.

Pros

I am responsible for calculating sales commissions in my organization. This was taking about 10 hours every week. Even though it's possible to calculate commissions manually AND accurately, the main issue was the constant need for adjustments (ex: a deal did not go through, refund, etc.). As a result, we had to re-issue commissions frequently, and over time it became unmanageable to track everything.

Using Sales Cookie, we're now able to automate the entire process, but we can still make changes to commissions if needed. There is a very convenient "activity center" in app where we can see all the changes made by anyone to comp plans, commissions, etc. I also like the different roles provided by the application because management of some plans can be delegated so specific managers.

Finally our sales team is happy with their online statement. This is much better than before as we had to repeat sending spreadsheets to every rep.

Cons

I wish they had a way to take any Excel spreadsheet and auto-convert to one of the incentive plans. The process required first analyzing and documenting our sales commission process (probably a good think but it took some time as our commissions are quite complicated).

Jaida C.

Good Visibility On Commissions

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Overall:
- Fast deployment (one week)
- Good visibility on commissions
- Better reporting for our Finance team
- Pleasant look-and-feel

Pros

We discovered Sales Cookie at a conference and deployed it within a week! The main advantage of the solution is visibility on commissions. Our entire team can see how they are performing vs. targets, what their commission will look like, and crediting of deals. So far commissions have been reported. Our finance team can also run reports to check everything is correct. What this means is that for the first time in months we're now getting paid our commissions on time which wasn't the case before. Overall this type of solution makes a lot of sense and we wish we had learned this type of software existed much earlier.

Cons

It's difficult to know if Sales Cookie is really better than other solutions on the market because you need to invest some time in configuration, etc. So you can't explore too many solutions. Regardless, the price is affordable and we like the look-and-feel and visiblility.

Brendon C.
Industry: Machinery

A solid product backed by solid support

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

Pros

Sales Cookie gives us the ability to import all of our QuickBooks transactions and gives our reps the ability to see a dashboard of their progress throughout the month.
Sales Cookie is very flexible and offers many great features that were beyond my expectations. In addition, the support is second to none. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has provided excellent response and dialogue with several setup issues due to the way we process commissions. Sales Cookie makes the process of tracking, calculating and reporting sales commissions simple and straight forward. The interface is very user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

I can't think of anything that stands out. The key has been the responsiveness of the Sales Cookie team with any issues that have occurred. They are extremely responsive and professional.

Industry: E-Learning

Sales Cookie Helped With Rep Retention

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Sales Cookie has energized my sales team and helped me retain my best performers

Pros

I love my manager dashboard as it lets me see how my team is progressing and also shows me the attainment and commission trends for each rep. Prior to this, I had to deal with a lot of frustrated reps who were suspicious of their commission payouts. Having access to their detailed info within the tool has helped our reps become more comfortable with the payout data and has helped cut down on a lot of noise and churn.

Cons

While Sales Cookie is not an MBO solution, they were also able to help us assess our MBO objectives in addition to commissions and bonuses.

Arun K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Sales cookie met all our needs!

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/09/18

We have automated the manual cumbersome process that used to take us several hours to complete each month, fixed our commission errors and provided visibility to our Sales team.

Pros

Automation was key for us as we are a fast growing SaaS Company. Sales Cookie met all our requirements at a very attractive price. With dozens of payees (AEs, SDRs, CSMs, etc.), this solution was a game changer! It has so much functionality and has helped streamline our processes compared to the Google spreadsheets we had to distribute and edit every month.

Cons

Our Sales management team has less direct control over changing the comp plan parameters but having them go through a centralized administrator has inserted more discipline into our processes which will serve us well as we grow.

Rafal M.
Industry: Computer Software

This is great commission automation solution

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Pros

You have everything in a single system, you don't have to keep multiple docs or sheets and do the manual work all the time. This tool helps to increase the accuracy and transparency of the commissions. It has also great reporting.

Cons

It was kind a hard to set up and configure it but we got a great support.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Sales Cookie Helps Me Stay Motivated

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I rely on Sales Cookie to tell me how I'm doing and budget accordingly based on my expected sales commission. The support team is also a pleasure to work with with super-fast response times. Thank you!

Pros

Before Sales Cookie, I used to get a spreadsheet with my commissions at the end of the month. So basically I had zero information on how I was doing for the whole month. I also had to spend time checking everything was correct which took time (and required help from Finance to make corrections). With Sales Cookie, I can check real-time where I'm ata in regards to commissions. I am also able to submit requests for corrections from within the app. Also it's a lot easier to understand where the commissions came from as you can export the data, etc. Finally, I use my cell quite a bit and the app works well for this use case.

Cons

A 4G or internet connection is required to see commissions using a cellphone. There is no "offline mode" which would be handy when there is no connectivity. It would be wonderful if you could add this. Also I would love to be able to add "widgets" to my dashboard such as reminders, pinned notes, etc.

Esther W.
Industry: Medical Devices

Affordable yet powerful sales commission management

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Sales Cookie is a very affordable way to manage sales commissions. We're very happy with the solution and recommend it.

Pros

If you are experiencing issues with sales commissions, Sales Cookie is definitely worth a close look. We are very happy with our experience overall and return on investment. The main problem with sales commissions is that calculating them manually makes it virtually impossible to get them right. This means considerable time wasted making constant adjustments, investigating missing deals, or dealing with angry reps like me!

Sales Cookie eliminates all manual calculations while providing detailed audits and logs. It's like automatically generating all user commission spreadsheets with just a few clicks. A key decision point for us was pricing. The solution is very affordable compared to other vendors. Will they send a team of 5 consultants to your HQ? They won't, but they will really help you getting setup and configure plans for you, making the solution very affordable.

Cons

They should consider adding a consulting + training package for customers with a large budget, or for customers who need help beyond configuring their plans.

A Great Solution to a Big Problem

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

They were great to work with - we wanted to embed web pages into the app (sales training manuals) and they added the feature for us.

Pros

As a sales manager, I was often on the receiving end of complaints about commissions (ex: a member of my team wasn't paid on time or the right amount). Sales Cookie made my life a lot easier by making sure all calculations were correct and allowing my reps to review their commissions online.

Cons

Please add more customization options for the sales rep dashboard. The admin part is great, but the dashboard part could be more personalized.

Kevin C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A Strong & Reasonable Solution to Managing Commissions

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

In terms of customer support and experience, Sales Cookie has been second to none. It's their people ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) that had me choose them over 4 other contenders.

Pros

By far, the support staff behind this product (in our case [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) is the single biggest pro of Sales Cookie. The product itself is a good product that is capable of doing what we need but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular is outstanding!!!

Cons

Our plan requires a fair bit of flexibility and variable logic and the connection with Salesforce could be better. If we could have a sort of "report builder" feature where we can pre-select which fields are exported in which order, it would be perfect.

Response from Ninth Floor Technologies

Thank you for much for such a positive positive review! We greatly appreciate your choosing Sales Cookie to calculate your commissions. We haven't yet had time to work on a feature letting admins choose which fields they want when exporting credits (and their order), but we know this is important to streamline your exports for Finance. Although it will take some time, we promise we'll get to it!

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Sales Cookie - finally getting paid on time!

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

It totally fixed our commission issues where we had errors and often were not paid on time.

Pros

We are finally getting paid sales commissions correctly without any delay. The ability to see commissions online from a smart phone is great. I can download the list of transactions and easily check that I am paid the right commissions. The reports are great and I use them frequently. I can also see where I'm at in regards to the incoming pipeline.

Cons

The phone app is a website so you have to login. A native smart phone app would be great.

Josh B.

Working Very Well

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

We no longer need to calculate commissions manually (with all the associated errors, delays, etc.).

Pros

Here are the main pros of Sales Cookie:
- Automate calculation of sales commissions
- It's easy to change comp plans
- Enable reps to view goals and their commissions
- Ensure correct payment of commissions
- Detailed audit log

Cons

In a perfect world, the software would not be stand-alone but fully integrated within CRM solutions. Sales Cookie has connectors to different business apps, but it's still a standalone app.

Anne W.
Industry: Medical Devices

A solid sales commission management solution with a fantastic service

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Sales Cookie offers a great software solution - however, the best part is the service they provide. They really went above and beyond.

Pros

The software is very powerful yet easy to use. One important advantage of Sales Cookie is the ability to easily make changes to plans. This has allowed us to review and really organize our incentive program. We also were able to create different compensation models and run "what if" simulations. However, the best part is their customer service. We want to thank the rep for modeling our 5 commission plans because we know they were a bit complicated. The rep did an excellent job responding to all our requests and coming up with simple configuration changes. We're now able to make changes to plans on our own and running calculations is very easy.

Cons

I wish there was real-time chat embedded in the software so that we could get answers to some of our questions immediately vs. having to open a ticket and waiting.

Response from Ninth Floor Technologies

Thank you Anne for the positive review! Please reach out if you need anything.

Alwin A.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Swiss Army knife for every sales team.

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Pros

This is all in one solution for sales commission automation. Sales Cookie website features very intutive dashboards for Incentives, Transactions, Calculations, Reports etc. The Report dashboard allows you to add multiple reports and you will get an overview of all the things you need to know at once. The clean interface is very intuitive and there is a Learn section provided with each of the dashboards and screens and it will help to understand how each of the section works and how it will help you to automate the tasks. Another plus point is the Teams dashboard, which shows different teams, hierarchies and provides indepth details about each of the team members. All in all it is a must have product and Swiss army knife for every sales team.

Cons

Nothing major so far. It is good if some of the icons have changed.

Industry: Medical Devices

A lot more visibility on commissions

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Regarding the overall experience:
- Clear quotas and goals
- Access to current and past commissions
- Improved ability to measure progress
- Saves time and motivates me

Pros

The personal dashboard helps me track my commissions (current and past). I can easily export a list of deals assigned to me and review my progress towards quota attainment. Also like the fact that I can submit requests using the app (beats sending emails to finance). The dashboard is a significant improvement over the confusing commission statements we used to receive via email.

Cons

Provided commission statements are quite clear, but I wish there was a more detailed breakdown of how commissions were calculated (ex: exact formulas used).

Nick J.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Amazing for SMBs

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Extremely pleasant. The rep I spoke was clearly technical and could answer any product questions I had, but also provided great general industry knowledge on best practices on how to implement high performing comp plans used by successful sales teams. The team is super consultative

Pros

We've compared with other tools and concluded it is the best commission management solution for us.

The application is intuitive and help is embedded directly within the product. Creating commission plans is easy due to a wizard-like approach. Getting calculation results is quite easy and results are almost instant.

They integrate directly with SalesForce and Dynamics. You can sync data from any user or system view. Other sales and accounting systems are also supported.

They offer 10+ types of reports within the application, but they also support Power BI if you want to perform advanced analytics.

Cons

The solution is only available in English. They are working on supporting additional languages. More visual themes would be great too.

Jason G.

Sales Cookie - the unicorn of commission calculation

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

We are attempting to reduce the man hours required between our Finance and Sales departments to agree on commissions. I believe this product will solve our current issues.

Pros

* Quick and easy deployment.
* Backed by a strong development team that can deliver features quickly and resolve bugs swiftly.

Cons

None so far. I have been scratching my head to determine a possible con, and the only con is that this product will require some configuration on your end, but that is to be expected.

Chang H.
Industry: Computer Software

Surprised by how intuitive it is to use

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Pros

I used a test account to test out plan creating, report creating, tiered commissions and many other features. The website is surprisingly easy to use. It is logical and intuitive. It also provides all the key features, especially around plans, commissions, and reporting, which in my opinion are the most important aspects of a sale commission tool. It is a tool that doesn’t need weeks of on boarding but at the same time addressing the common needs. As a cloud based solution, availability and durability is also taken care of by Azure so the project owners/engineers could focus on the feature development.

Cons

Not much. Once I oriented myself on the plans page, the rest came easy.

Scott H.
Industry: Financial Services

Automates all aspects of sales commissions

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Overall this eliminates the need for manual commission spreadsheets including all the associated headaches.

Pros

Besides the competitive pricing, love the no-commitment monthly subscription. Calculations are fast (they run on the Microsoft Azure platform), and you can see all the details of calculations. Also data import is very easy because all fields are auto-mapped (data syncs from other systems are also possible). The incentive dashboards are easy to use and intuitive. They show crediting, earned commissions, submitted inquiries, terms and conditions, and plan enrollment status.

Cons

You have to manually setup territories and the hierarchy. They can import users from other systems, but not territories.

Tiphaine C.
Industry: Industrial Automation
Company size: Self Employed

Modern and Efficient Sales commisions software!

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

The business world is more and more competitive! All the areas of a company need to be challenged. In that way, this software helps the companies to automate their sales commissions processus to gain time and peformance.
This software is a modern, innovative and secured tool; easy to set up; to receive quick feedbacks. It's a trunkey software, very visual, flexible and powerful.

Pros

-modern visual : even people not in the sale team can understand the dashboards
-easy to use :so gain of time
-use one software for all the needs of a sale team
- security view level : you can manage who can deal with which information
- feedbacks provided by the tool if something looks wrong
- automation of the processus

Cons

- the company need to have a secured cloud

Handles complex commissions well

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Sales Cookie gave us good visibility on sales commissions.

Pros

The support team representative was very easy to work with. She created our incentive plans within the app and everything worked as expected. Our plan is a bit complicated as we have different tiers for new vs. existing clients, but the app handles this well.

Cons

There is no way to bulk-edit users. You have to manually edit each user, one at a time. Also, to see some alerts, you sometimes have to refresh the page.