Power Tools

Integrated construction software suite for contractors

4,6

Power Tools JCPM Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

What I like most about this experience is the people who created it. They are with you every step of the way. If there are any issues or requests, they respond in minutes. I am the IT guy for a mid size construction and deploying and supporting this software along with the Power Tools team has been a top notch experience. When we first deployed the program, Power Tools did a lot of customizing for us to make the program do what we wanted/needed. Along the way, we ask them to add or tweak certain features to our liking and they are always willing.

Pros

It does everything we need to manage a project in one program.

Cons

The only con for us was how to serve this software to 20 or 30 users out in the field. We solved that with a remote desktop server and the mobile app.

Brantley D.

The Best Construction Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

The software covers all phases of the business and all the different department programs communicate together so is helps keep all the business needs organized. It is one big package so you don't have to go from one software program to another.

Pros

Everything! It does everything we need as a company and if not they customize whatever you need. The customer service is AWESOME! We also have several companies and with this program we can use it with all the companies.

Cons

Nothing really. Maybe the fact you can't drill into an item, but we have gotten used to getting around that.

Daryl B.

No longer Using

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

It worked well with a static database. We have moved to Building Connected to allow finding subcontractors.

Pros

Easy to use, good reports. The catagories were easy to set up. and modify

Cons

Does not allow for searching out subs and suppliers. Did not have an area for plans. Had to have ftp site for plan transfer

Response from Power Tools

Hi Daryl, thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you weren't pleased with the search functionality in our Bid Solicitation software. Our latest version of the software provides an FTP site for plans. Please know that you own a lifetime license should it not work out with the new software you purchased. Thanks again for the feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Tony M.

Power Tools is an OUTSTANDING Business Partner

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

My twelve years of use of Power Tools has been overwhelmingly positive. When my current employer wanted to upgrade their accounting and project management platform, there was no search conducted. We went straight to PT and never looked back.

Pros

Too many good qualities to list really, but its flexibility, its ease of import and export with Excel, and the absolute fantastic customer support!

Cons

I would like to see a better "explosion" of data underlying the GL accounts.

Tara S.

Amazing Product but even BETTER Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

I can always count on their support team to help me with any issues I have. They always go above beyond. I love they can customize their product for our needs, and it isn't one shoe fits all.

Pros

I love how it is full circle. If set up right, it does everything!

Cons

The look seems to me "80s". Maybe having some fun colors would spruce it up LOL