patientNOW Reviews

Patient engagement & electronic medical record (EMR) system

4/5 (67 reviews)

Patient Now Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Everyone is friendly and responsive and ready to help. I would like to see quicker updates.

Pros

The PatientNow program is an excellent practice management system for a cosmetic practice. There are a few flaws, but I have found the developers and help desk to be really open to feedback. My only wish… quicker solutions.
The program is solid from a marketing prospective, it features a drip marketing component that is correspondent to the patient’s procedure of interest or in the patient’s pathway of their treatment(s) they have selected. This is excellent in terms of focused marketing efforts, and segment marketing. Being able to segment market to those patients interested in a particular service/procedure that they have expressed interest in means higher open rates on emails, more visibility and better patient engagement because you are able to address patient’s concerns specific to their interest.
The program is 95% user friendly and intuitive. It is easy for everyone from the front desk to medical personnel to use. For the most part the program is able to arm administrators and physicians with what they need to have schedules, reports and other business items accurate with a few very minor details I will mention in the “the least liked about the software section”. Speaking to the marketing end, it is amazing to custom emails for each procedure and each step of the process for a procedure as it relates and corresponds with an appointment. Meaning it is great to email patients about their upcoming procedure or appointment automatically.

Cons

As stated in “pros” section of the survey the marketing component “treatment pathways” is dynamic way to communicate with patients without having to remember to follow up or to create emails. Emails can essentially be launched daily to hundreds of different patients for the treatments they are interested in. This again is great! The issue is the program is not HTLM friendly so sending professional branded materials is not an option. You are really forced to piece together emails that looked pieced together or you can type generic emails – not good for a luxury practice or product. Reports are okay, it does take some maneuvering and comparing to have things balanced in terms of commissions, end of day, AR etc. More custom reporting should be available and the response to custom request varies based on their other prioritized projects. Reports are mathematical and should always balance regardless… 1 + 1 is always 2.
Scheduling is easy, but I believe could be easier. Viewing a patient’s schedule history should be the easiest function of the system, it is not. It is not hard, but it is not efficient for the people who have the hardest job in a practice which is the front desk. Inventory is trash in equals trash out - meaning there is too much opportunity for mistakes. This can be an area of too many opportunities for potential loss… the program should have a better on order, received control mechanism. We are still waiting on the cloud version, like an APP

Victoria D.

good system but still needs some improvement

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

EMR works pretty well when the provider is in the office.

Cons

1. The report functionality still needs a lot improvement. A lot very essential reports are missing or not working well if you are trying to use PN reports to run data analysis to grow your practice, control your inventory, reconcile commissions or system audit. The support team will input the enhancement request for you if they see the importance of the modification needed but no guarantee when the request will be fulfilled. If you can't wait, I believe PN can make customize report for you for a fee. This is something that I was not informed at the time of software purchase.

2. PN doesn't have a mobile platform to support cell phones. If the provider gets a call from answering service after hours, he has to find a computer or tablet to log into the system to document the call.

3. Information doesn't flow from one module to another. For example, when a patient comes in for Botox, MA logs the type of injectible, units, lot #, provider ect. PN won't push such info into invoice. When the patient is ready to be checked out, the front desk lady has to manually enter the same information again. This creates inefficiency and chance for error intentionally or unintentionally.

6.0/10
Kristin W.

PatientNOW Cloud

Reviewed on 2019/05/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have been a user of PatientNOW for 7 plus years now. We have always received wonderful support from the trainers, managers and support team. However, I wanted to share the most current experience that sparked this review. A couple of weeks ago I contacted sales to hear about moving our current server based PatientNOW over to PatientNOW cloud. As our server is older and will no longer be supported by Microsoft in January of 2020. I spoke with Mark who was very knowledgeable and was able to get all my questions answered and the information sent over to me quickly. I wasn't quite ready to switch over yet until... a few days later when our 2008 windows server had a failed hard drive. Not wanting to replace the hard ware in the server since I knew we were going to do upgrade soon. I called Mark back on a Friday in the mid morning. Telling him my situation and asking how soon can we make this switch to the cloud as I was fearful the other two hard drives were about to go as well. Mark started the process. Ben called me later that afternoon telling me the process and his team went to work. Now I sit here, the following Friday completely switched over to the cloud based PatientNOW and Zinsser Plastic Surgery had NO downtime. The switch was flawless thanks to the team at PatientNOW.

Pros

The lay out. Once you understand the basic workings of the software is very easy to get around.

Cons

I have a hard time creating the templates, however they trainers are always willing to help.

Marcie S.

PatientNow

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

PatientNow allowed us to streamline our business. It was difficult to transition over to paperless, but the Patientnow system was pretty intuitive and our staff adjusted. It was an excellent choice for our business and I'm grateful we discovered it when be began our paperless transition back in 2011.

Pros

We are a plastic surgery practice and we purchased this software because it allowed us to use it for both our insurance billing as well as cosmetic billing. We sell skin care products as part of our business and this software allowed us to use a bar code scanner, inventory the products and create cosmetic invoices. A lot of medical software is not geared towards plastic surgery practices which require both insurance and cosmetic billing. The others that we researched, were much more complicated, much more expensive and had many components that we didn't need. We didn't want to pay for features we wouldn't end up using. We were fortunate to purchase PatientNow when it was first coming out and got a fantastic introductory offer.

Cons

Occasionally, I come across a report or feature that is missing, what I feel like, are obvious options. The help department usually is responsive to our feedback.

Gabriele B.

PatientNow is the best practice management Software

Reviewed on 2018/10/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have been using PatientNow for several years at this point and in my practice I always strive for improvements. Last year I took on the project to change PatientNow with a different practice management software. I evaluated several platforms including but not limited to Nextech and Remedly. Many promises were made by different companies but at the end, when my practice manager drilled into the softwares to check if this switch would benefit the practice, we quickly realized that PatientNow is the best option for our practice.

Pros

Very complete software for practice management at a very affordable price. Great customer service, easy to use.

Cons

I wish that they would switch to a native app or a web based version. now we work with a remote desktop connection that at time is a little slow

Christine K.

Easy to use with a lot of features

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Our staff is very happy with Patientnow. We have used it for several years now, and are still discovering ways to streamline our practice. Technical support staff from PatientNow are very nice and helpful, sometimes it is hard to get a hold of them, but they do respond back in a timely matter.

Pros

Patient now has lots of features, automated emails, inventory system and reporting that helps our practice run smoothly. We have multiple providers and we use Patientnow throughout the day. The dashboard is very user friendly, and it is easy to teach to our staff.

Cons

There are some limitations, and many add on packages that are not included. For the yearly price, it would be nice if all add ons were included.

Thomas F.

PatientNow - almost there...

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Pros

Scheduling functions work well. Handles large patient data base well.

Cons

Patient information books do not handle multiple procedures well - there is much redundant printing of common sections. The old Inform software is dramatically better at this part of things - to the point that we still use it for pre-operative document generation.

I am not happy that I am being forced to convert from our server-based version to a cloud-based version within the next year. I worry about data security and having a non-functional office in the event of an internet failure.

Hillary J.

So happy we made the switch!

Reviewed on 2016/06/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love how simple it is to use. Everything about it can be totally configurable to what we need. We were able to drop some of our other partners, like solutionreach and reviewboost because patietnNOW offers that functionality and more integrated right into the system. Obviously, that cost savings alone has been significant. From a support perspective, I am always able to get through on the first try and my issues are resolved and questions explained in a timely and respectful manner.

Cons

I wish the surgical images were a little newer but we are able to import our own so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Jackson S.

Hands on Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

The software has grown over time. They have added modules that support what we're trying to do. The customer support team is willing to help us find solutions to our issues. They can't always make PN work the way we need to work but they do try.

Cons

The software is difficult to use sometimes. We've added almost every new module they offer but it doesn't navigate that easily between sections. It does scheduling and EMR but its not always that easy to do the work.

Brian W.

Quality Software for Plastic Surgery

Reviewed on 2018/09/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have used a number of EMR systems in the past and reviewed almost all of the packages available for plastic surgery. PatientNow is, in my mind, the clear winner for value, functionality, CRM, ease of use and reporting.

Pros

Great for automation of patient reminders and thus retention. Relatively simple to use as compared to other packages I have reviewed. Good support.

Cons

It is Windows based and thus the new cloud functionality is not as clean as if it was an IOS app but it is getting better with every update.

Janet S.

Patient Now is a good value

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

I have used patient now in several different offices. It is good patient management software and makes daily transactions easy. I really like the ability to customize our documents. the scheduler is easy to use. The ability to communicate with patients by text message is a huge time saver.

Pros

The patient data base and storage capacity. Being able to have a cloud server has been a good upgrade.

Cons

The reporting is frustrating. Often the report I want is not available to extract with the data I want to look at.

Dina C.

Patient now for Dr Office

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

We just started a rewards program and patient now has the ability to automatically give our patients those reward points. This is great feature because it takes human error out of question.

Pros

I like that it is able to award points since we have a 5% cashback on all purchases program in our office. I also like that it is able to generate reports on sales.

Cons

I think it needs to be more user friendly. It is difficult to set your own treatment pathways and remember all steps.

Celia B.

Easy to use EMR for aesthetics

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Using PN EMR for all office and practice functions. I find it fairly easy to use and overall like it. I would recommend it to a colleague.

Pros

Ability to edit notes. Inventory is useful, ability to use a pen on a tablet to write chart notes is excellent

Cons

Unable to successfully integrate photos, seems like a glitchy function. Support often doesn't answer the phone, and support personnel are sometimes not up on every issue.

Ashley A.

Great program, not perfect

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Great program to be all inclusive, from running reports, tracking inventory, scheduling patients, emailing/texting patients, having an online portal and so much more. It is not perfect, but overall happy and would recommend.

Pros

I like all the options provided to customize the program. It is nice to have a program specifically geared towards plastic surgery/medical spa/derm clinics. Fairly user friendly

Cons

There is no "lock" for office appointments or sticky notes. It takes extensive knowledge to set treatment pathways. I wish there were ways to save commonly run reports on "ReportNow"

Penelope T.

Customer service starts off strong and then they are virtually non-existent

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

patient scheduling works great

Cons

So lets just consider one report (how much botox did I do last year?) Running this report gave me the answer of 6 patients. HA! Maybe 6 an hour! each time I run the report it gives me a different answer. I shut it down and reboot...same problem. This issue is consistent with many reports,but not all of them. Called support multiple times...no answer and no follow up. In patient charting, there is no duel screen available so I have to close the encounter and open labs, look at labs, close, then open encounter.......maddening! I KNOW no EMR is perfect, but this is the least user friendly one I have worked with (my surgery centers and hospitals use other EMR's so I am quite proficient and adaptable). SO I inform them I not longer wish to use PatientNOW, via email. WOW! They responded quickly to THIS, informing me that I have an extended contract and I must continue paying. I didn't even mention their money back guarantee, but I will NOW that I have to get attorneys involved. I could go on and on, but I hope this provides enough insight to keep other physicians from getting involved with this company. If it worked properly, I would certainly not go through the hassle of transferring all this data to a new EHR.

0.0/10
Peter C.

Must have for a new practice

Reviewed on 2016/06/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

In 2005 I took a chance with PatientNow in North Carolina. My practice was the first in the area with this EMR system. Since then it has continuously improved, become more efficient, and easier for the staff to use. The best, without a doubt, is the ability to discuss areas of concern with the CEO personally or by email. He is very responsive and cares about the product, quality, and user experience. This is a system that is a must have for any new or existing practice.

Cons

The treatment pathways could be simplified, but work.

Jose P.

PtNow user for 9 years.

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Medical documentation more efficient. Reporting for strategic planning readily available, eg procedures and financial planning.

Pros

Easily adaptable to individual practice.

Cons

Currently undergoing transition to cloud-based use, but experiencing growing pains as exhibited by slower functionality and inability to access from Apple based products.

Theresa F.

Good but needs some tweeking

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

It has been a great experience overall. There has been less than satisfactory follow up on issues that I have called with and promised but unkept promises of returned call and questions.

Pros

Great for aesthetics and documenting neurotoxins and fillers

Cons

Very poor functionality for general medical notes

Jan S.

Best software for Plastic Surgeons

Reviewed on 2018/09/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy to use. Support and trainers are always helpful and available. The program is easily customized to our needs

Cons

Some restrictions with documents and layout can be frustrating. If we have a complicated issue it may take several days to get an answer back.

Sheena H.

It's been great.

Pros

The client support is fantastic. By phone and email they are quick to respond and extremely helpful

Cons

It would be great if the reports were easier to find. There are too many areas to pull report from and they are not labeled for an easy find

5.0/10

No title

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Overall experience is positive, however cost is a little high to use some additional features of software. Features should all be bundled into a one time annual fee.

Pros

Easy to use and easy for new staff to learn scheduling in the software

Cons

Ease of reporting features and lack of some reports

Patient Now is great!

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Overall, it has been lovely! I already recommend it to peers. I just wish reports for certain things were clear.

Pros

The options for reports, schedule building, all the flexibility

Cons

It runs a bit slow for my liking. However, we are using it remotely, so that could be why.

Erik M.

PatientNow is excellent!

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Overall I’m very happy with the suffer. It does everything we need it to do.

Pros

Very user-friendly. Easy to customize for my practice.

Cons

Some features are considered add-ons and cost a lot of money. These are not really economical for a small practice to purchase.

Theresa F.

Aesthetic and functional Medicine

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Great reports and overall ease of use

Pros

Great for aesthetic practice. The ability to document injections

Cons

Office notes for functional medicine practice are time consuming and there does not seem to be any customer support to help with this issue

7.0/10
Dawn K.

Patient Now Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I LIKE PATIENT NOW BUT IT IS ALWAYS A CHALLENGE TO GET A HOLD OF ANY REP

Pros

IT IS ABLE TO COMPETENTLY KEEP TRACK OF FOLLOWUP COMMUNICATION WITH PATIENTS

Cons

IT IS NOT USER FRIENDLY, TAKES A WHILE TO UNDERSTAND ALL THE FUNCTIONS OF IT.