patientNOW

3,7
3,9
Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Everyone is friendly and responsive and ready to help. I would like to see quicker updates.

Pros

The PatientNow program is an excellent practice management system for a cosmetic practice. There are a few flaws, but I have found the developers and help desk to be really open to feedback. My only wish… quicker solutions.
The program is solid from a marketing prospective, it features a drip marketing component that is correspondent to the patient’s procedure of interest or in the patient’s pathway of their treatment(s) they have selected. This is excellent in terms of focused marketing efforts, and segment marketing. Being able to segment market to those patients interested in a particular service/procedure that they have expressed interest in means higher open rates on emails, more visibility and better patient engagement because you are able to address patient’s concerns specific to their interest.
The program is 95% user friendly and intuitive. It is easy for everyone from the front desk to medical personnel to use. For the most part the program is able to arm administrators and physicians with what they need to have schedules, reports and other business items accurate with a few very minor details I will mention in the “the least liked about the software section”. Speaking to the marketing end, it is amazing to custom emails for each procedure and each step of the process for a procedure as it relates and corresponds with an appointment. Meaning it is great to email patients about their upcoming procedure or appointment automatically.

Cons

As stated in “pros” section of the survey the marketing component “treatment pathways” is dynamic way to communicate with patients without having to remember to follow up or to create emails. Emails can essentially be launched daily to hundreds of different patients for the treatments they are interested in. This again is great! The issue is the program is not HTLM friendly so sending professional branded materials is not an option. You are really forced to piece together emails that looked pieced together or you can type generic emails – not good for a luxury practice or product. Reports are okay, it does take some maneuvering and comparing to have things balanced in terms of commissions, end of day, AR etc. More custom reporting should be available and the response to custom request varies based on their other prioritized projects. Reports are mathematical and should always balance regardless… 1 + 1 is always 2.
Scheduling is easy, but I believe could be easier. Viewing a patient’s schedule history should be the easiest function of the system, it is not. It is not hard, but it is not efficient for the people who have the hardest job in a practice which is the front desk. Inventory is trash in equals trash out - meaning there is too much opportunity for mistakes. This can be an area of too many opportunities for potential loss… the program should have a better on order, received control mechanism. We are still waiting on the cloud version, like an APP

Peter C.

The First 100....

Reviewed on 2020/05/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The experience is nothing short of a 5 stars because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
. He is open, pleasant, and interested in improvement.

Pros

As one of the first 100 uses of this product, what I like the most is their willingness to listen to the users needs, challenges, and questions. How often does [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company travel to your office to see it in use?

Cons

Over the years the weaknesses of any program should improve and PatientNOW has done just that. As nothing is perfect, their could be some work with marrying Quickbooks; time clock integration to Quickbooks; prescription platform.

Tonya B.

Amazing EMR

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Amazing experience overall and one that I would recommend to anyone!

Pros

This system is great for a smaller business like mine or larger surgical practices like my husband's. The actual software is easy to use and easily learned by even new employees.

Cons

The constant updates can be frustrating as there are times that updates do not go through completely and then you have the system that is not running at peak speeds.

Jonathan B.

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

THe software is OK. Its not very user friendly. I find that staffing adequate at PATient Now adequate but not outstanding. I find it annoying that at least 3 times a year our calls are returned after our hours and often times 2 days after the call is made.

Pros

Computer based, multiple machines can run. I like the Electronic Prescription Module. I like the scheduler. I like the ease of document template use and writing encounter notes. I dont like its integration with MIRROR software as it is too slow.

Cons

Dont like the report generator. It is unable to save the "steps" to generate a particular report so that everytime a report of a particular type that needs to be run, we must go through all the steps to run it. It is cumbersome and not time efficient. I purchased a Microsoft tablet to use with this software and it is quite cumbersome and dont use it. IT is too slow. I have all the latest and greatest wifi but still too slow.
I think the integration of WORD DOCUMENTS with this software needs to be upgraded. One can input a .RTF file to the template manager but it would be easier if the software recognized microsoft word documents. It does seem to hande pdfs a bit but not jpegs. I would like to have easier input of jpegs. I have inputted several jpegs for use in the clinical information section with injectables but the software is not very robust.
There needs to be changes in the Injectables ares. The drop downs for specific injectables do not pertain to that particular injectable. I dont remember off the bat which injectables there were not appropriate dosage or amount injected.

Simran S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great system for a cash based aesthetic practice

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Overall, great software product at an excellent price. Customer support has been great too, so I would highly recommend this to others.

Pros

The software has addressed key work flow requirements in aesthetic practices. It has very helpful templates already included and making your own custom templates is very easy. Now that our practice has had it for some time we have started looking at the analytics that the software offers. Finally, text and email marketing is included which means we do not have to pay another vendor to do it or enter emails/phone numbers on another platform.

Cons

I wish the software interface was more streamlined. When I say this, I am specifically referring to the small boxes and colors.

Robert C.

As a former IT Professional

Reviewed on 2020/08/03

As a former IT Professional with 20 years experience in software development, Datacenter management and Web hosting I can honestly say Patient Now is one of the worst cloud based apps I've ever used. This weekends outage is just the latest and the app is still flaking out... Today we just learned that if a user takes pictures on the Ipad app (but doesn't immediately upload them) and another person logs into the app....the pictures are lost. Unbelievable they coded the app to work that way. Anyone working in an aesthetics office knows it's common to take the pictures and upload them sometime later. Even if the pics aren't visible to the other logon, the pics should be there if the user who took them logs back in....but Noooooooooo.. Gone, vanished....puff. Now we have to explain to our patient why we don't have her before pictures. This app use's .rtf's as it's document template design. Can't import any word docs, pdf's etc... so you have to convert everything into a word doc, (fix the formatting issues) then to an rtf, (and fix all the formatting errors), then upload to patient now and spend more time fixing formatting errors. Ridiculous. I've spent countless hours formatting docs only to have them blow up weeks later for no apparent reason. Oh, and did I mention, the newly touted Ipad app, (don't even think about running it on an android device) doesn't run in landscape mode? We were told that android was on the roadmap when the ipad app

Pros

I like the auto email/text appt reminders

Cons

Almost everything else... It's not user friendly, the document system is archaic, the new ipad app doesn't work in landscape mode, etc... see my overall experience.

Response from PatientNow

Rob, Thank you for your feedback. We had our first ever and hopefully last outage since released August 2018724 Days/12 business hours per day = 8652 business hours. The 4-hour outage on Friday would be 99.95% lifetime uptime. Photos on iOS Devices Protection of patient data is the highest priority. We will never store any potential patient data on any device. The affect when taking a photo is you would need to save/upload that photo before switching to a different user on that device. RTF is the current format we use for document template creation. It allows users to create and edit templates with or without additional software. We are currently working on our HTML document editor which will provide even more flexibility. Our research shows 70% of healthcare providers use iOS over android so we focused on iOS apps. We are constantly working on and improving the apps. Landscape mode will be added to the iPad version soon along with additional functionality.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Brittany I.

I had better expectations

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

I have mixed feelings. Some days I'm glad i got it and most I am frustrated. I went from paper and many times would like to go back.

Pros

Many different features. I'm sure when I get the hang of it all it will be worth it but still very confusing at times.

Cons

Difficult getting started. Still in the beginning process with pathways almost 6 months later. Only help when I ask for it never above and beyond what I need. Very hard to get meetings with my "person" although he is very nice. About 75% of my patients do not like the portal and the online booking is confusing for them I now am doing a lot more scheduling myself taking time away from the practice.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jennifer S.

Cloud service needs help

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Overall a 4 out of 5.

Pros

Customer support and our trainer. The weekly webinars are great training tools

Cons

Since the cloud migration, we’ve had a couple of issues

Thomas F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

PatientNow - almost there...

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Pros

Scheduling functions work well. Handles large patient data base well.

Cons

Patient information books do not handle multiple procedures well - there is much redundant printing of common sections. The old Inform software is dramatically better at this part of things - to the point that we still use it for pre-operative document generation.

I am not happy that I am being forced to convert from our server-based version to a cloud-based version within the next year. I worry about data security and having a non-functional office in the event of an internet failure.

Patient Now -- good for a small office

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

It is inexpensive compared to other practice management / EMR systems. It has the foundation to be a very good EMR / PM system. The support staff / help desk is very nice but sometimes unresponsive particularly with complicate issues.

Cons

The scheduling portion leaves a lot to be desired. Reports are not always accurate. Reporting functionality is limited. Forms are not easy to build. There is minor customization possible, changes are only made if groups of users want them.

Janit P.

Patient Now Good & Bad

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Overall it's fair. We finally have a trainer who is fantastic. She has helped us tremendously. The guys in support, for the most part, are very helpful but getting through to them sometimes is difficult.

Pros

I think the recent upgrade to include memberships and referral programs was a good one. It has made managing our membership program so much easier! I know can quickly look to see which patients' plans are expiring and quickly send them an email to renew. I can also add in the promotions and discounts so there is no more manual calculations done at the front desk.

Cons

The financial reporting still needs to be buffed up. In order to get the data I need, I have to run a report, download it to Excel, format it so that I can create pivot tables and then run the pivot tables. It's a lot of work. The schedule also needs to be improved. They have said for years that it's "on their list" but I've been hearing that since 2013.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kristin W.

PatientNOW Cloud

Reviewed on 2019/05/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have been a user of PatientNOW for 7 plus years now. We have always received wonderful support from the trainers, managers and support team. However, I wanted to share the most current experience that sparked this review. A couple of weeks ago I contacted sales to hear about moving our current server based PatientNOW over to PatientNOW cloud. As our server is older and will no longer be supported by Microsoft in January of 2020. I spoke [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was very knowledgeable and was able to get all my questions answered and the information sent over to me quickly. I wasn't quite ready to switch over yet until... a few days later when our 2008 windows server had a failed hard drive. Not wanting to replace the hard ware in the server since I knew we were going to do upgrade soon. I called [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] back on a Friday in the mid-morning. Telling him my situation and asking how soon can we make this switch to the cloud as I was fearful the other two hard drives were about to go as well. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] started the process. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called me later that afternoon telling me the process and his team went to work. Now I sit here, the following Friday completely switched over to the cloud based PatientNOW and Zinsser Plastic Surgery had NO downtime. The switch was flawless thanks to the team at PatientNOW.

Pros

The lay out. Once you understand the basic workings of the software is very easy to get around.

Cons

I have a hard time creating the templates, however they trainers are always willing to help.

Victoria D.
Industry: Medical Practice

good system but still needs some improvement

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

EMR works pretty well when the provider is in the office.

Cons

1. The report functionality still needs a lot improvement. A lot very essential reports are missing or not working well if you are trying to use PN reports to run data analysis to grow your practice, control your inventory, reconcile commissions or system audit. The support team will input the enhancement request for you if they see the importance of the modification needed but no guarantee when the request will be fulfilled. If you can't wait, I believe PN can make customize report for you for a fee. This is something that I was not informed at the time of software purchase.

2. PN doesn't have a mobile platform to support cell phones. If the provider gets a call from answering service after hours, he has to find a computer or tablet to log into the system to document the call.

3. Information doesn't flow from one module to another. For example, when a patient comes in for Botox, MA logs the type of injectible, units, lot #, provider ect. PN won't push such info into invoice. When the patient is ready to be checked out, the front desk lady has to manually enter the same information again. This creates inefficiency and chance for error intentionally or unintentionally.

Marcie S.

PatientNow

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

PatientNow allowed us to streamline our business. It was difficult to transition over to paperless, but the Patientnow system was pretty intuitive and our staff adjusted. It was an excellent choice for our business and I'm grateful we discovered it when be began our paperless transition back in 2011.

Pros

We are a plastic surgery practice and we purchased this software because it allowed us to use it for both our insurance billing as well as cosmetic billing. We sell skin care products as part of our business and this software allowed us to use a bar code scanner, inventory the products and create cosmetic invoices. A lot of medical software is not geared towards plastic surgery practices which require both insurance and cosmetic billing. The others that we researched, were much more complicated, much more expensive and had many components that we didn't need. We didn't want to pay for features we wouldn't end up using. We were fortunate to purchase PatientNow when it was first coming out and got a fantastic introductory offer.

Cons

Occasionally, I come across a report or feature that is missing, what I feel like, are obvious options. The help department usually is responsive to our feedback.

Katie W.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Over all I would recommend this product to anyone. I do think it takes a little coaching at first to understand how to use the software but it is very helpful to pull reports and to help us track patient turn around. It is nice to be able to pre saved quotes so it reduces the amount of time a patient is waiting on me.

Pros

It helps us keep up with tracking our patients conversion rates.

Cons

I don't like that we have to give so much detail to generate a report. We have to create a new category for every procedure if that procedure requires a revision. We thought we had it down to where we could pull from a discounts report but we actually had to go in and create a revision category for all procedures to acquire accurate data.

Rachel R.
Industry: Plastics

Product Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

PatientNow offers EVERYTHING you need for a practice. It provides everything from scheduling appointments, texting/emailing to communicate with patients, and extensive patient charts to running reports for tracking your practices growth and keeping your inventory, products, and services organized. It is a great program with just a few minor inconveniences. I feel like there is not program that will not have those though. The great part is PatientNow has great customer service to help you maneuver through those minor set-backs.

Pros

The customer service department availability and knowledge is awesome! If the person that I come in contact with first does not have a solution, they make sure they find the right person for finding the solution.

Cons

There are some simple functionalities that I wish were different. For instance, printing multiple copies of requisitions, quotes, invoices, etc. There is no option to print multiple copies at one time. It is little stuff like that, that may not take a long time, but through out the day gets frustrating. I also do not like that there is ONE type of scanner that is compatible with their program. It is a very expensive scanner and I wish there were more options.

Scott N.
Industry: Medical Practice

Pretty unhappy with my experience.

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

I spent a fortune purchasing this software and basically only use it as a scheduler. There are parts of the software that are poorly thought out and the company has never addressed these issues. And after purchasing the full product they are now migrating to a cloud-based platform and have no regard for the fact that I purchased their software outright, and have paid for support monthly for years.

Pros

It’s programmability and it’s full feature set.

Cons

Lack of true support to ever get it properly Implemented

Kaye R.
Industry: Medical Practice

Good concept needing better functionality and speed

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

The owner is visionary. The concepts are great. It could be more user friendly. See above.

Pros

I bought this because of the patient engagement and retention features. It was okay until it became cloud based. It has good potential but it requires the support team to implement or change pathways.

Cons

The cloud based version. It is so slow it is actually disruptive to our day. Seems thing to disappear or drop off. The features that were supposed to be present in the cloud, and why we switched before we had to are not there, eg memberships and the ability to ACH their monthly payments. They supposedly have an iPad version that will help in the rooms but we haven’t gotten it up and running yet. You cannot just switch from one user to another without the whole program rebooting again and my assistants follow me rather than staying in the same room. Customer service is responsive but we are all very frustrated at the moment.

Neil C.

Our experience with PatientNow for 7 years

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Charting and record maintenance. Analysis of performance data.

Pros

Designed particular for esthetic surgery and medi spas. Very easy to set up and to use. Excellent tech support. Cloud storage eliminate the need for a local server and concerns of backup security. Easy to use at multiple sites.

Cons

Since transition to cloud storage, annual cost is higher. Still a good value.

Christine W.
Industry: Medical Practice

Easy to use with a lot of features

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Overall we are very pleased with Patient Now and have been using it for several years now. The tech support is very helpful.

Pros

The dashboard is very user friendly and our staff is able to learn the processes quickly. There are a lot of tutorials and webinars available.

Cons

There are some limitations to customization, and some steps that could be a little more efficient. The payment function requires you to use their merchant services.

Elizabeth R.

Online Booking and Other Functions that don't work like they should

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

The text reminders are really great. Also the pathways are good. They are a little complex but seem to work to get patients back in the door. I think once a quarter a trainer should go through them with their accounts as when things change etc. things can get messed up. Or they add new services and a pathway never gets created or gets created poorly.

Pros

Scheduling on this software is very easy. Creating invoices is also simple.

Cons

The online booking. There is no way for the patient to reschedule so they end up just booking multiple spots. Also, I wish there was a way to guarantee the booking with a credit card as so many people make appointments and don't show. Also, I wish when you selected a provider, the drop down for services only put what that provider is able to do. Many people are searching providers for the wrong services. Also, a schedule marking for patients that have done paperwork online. And it should prompt them to do this when booking.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Michelle P.

Best of the worst?

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

A bit Soso. It’s doing what we needed to do, but the promised constant contact integration that was supposed to happen in March 2019 never happened. The marketing portal is pretty worthless. The program is not a real cloud-based program which is irksome considering I have apple computers at home and had to buy a PC just to look on patient now. The software has glitches and patients do not like the portal either. More often than not they have difficulty accessing it and filling it out. Sometimes they get to the end of all the questions and the submit button does not work. If I start a note on a patient and then do a procedure, often that note disappears and I have to start over.

Pros

I like that customer service is very good, the trainers are excellent and the ease of creating notes and modifying templates is simple.

Cons

It is not possible to flip between windows. So if you are in putting a new product and forgot to put in the manufacturer, you have to switch out of one window, lose all of your information put in manufacturer and then go back. Sometimes this happens three or four times because there is a sequence of putting in things that is not intuitive and the software does not automatically create the flow for.

Michelle B.

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

In the beginning, when we first began using PN it was informative and responsive to requests. Now it is difficult to get help with changes or get those implemented. No one seems to be there to review and help make suggestions to improve aspects of our account.

Pros

The overall use for many practitioners in the office is great. Not having to move from one system to another to capture changes is a big plus.

Cons

Making changes in the system is very difficult. The company is great at suggesting and having ADD-ON charges like the Enhanced Pathways. Which we bought into in March and in Oct. we are still trying to implement and working out the kinks. All the while those flawed emails are going out to the patients.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Hardik S.

New Cloud Based Software Glitchy

Great support.

Pros

Cloud based software is definitely the way to go and it has a lot of functionality. Probably too much for most oractices

Cons

Missing records. Slow upload speeds for pictures. Bloated software. Used to be better before. I wouldn’t recommend this unfortunately not something better to choose from. Overpriced

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Theo G.

Good product

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

It is lower in cost than other systems, but cloud-based services make it difficult to use

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, similar functions to other products on the market. Able to be modified to fit the practice.

Cons

No Mac support. Cloud based resources make it’s reliability frustrating at times. In the future, might consider backing up info locally.