Samsara

All-in-one fleet operations management platform

4,3
L. houston S.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

Pros

I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

Cons

The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

Tate F.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

The smart, do everything, connected vehicle solution.

Reviewed on 2019/12/28

Samsara has been a great tool not only in organizing and managing out vehicles and assets, but has allowed us to successfully defend against false claims. Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features. I honestly can not say this for any other software I use.

Pros

Everything you need is included, and in one place. Fleet tracking, cameras, HOS, safety, performance, and dispatch tools all live in one place. Additionally, the team is very responsive in creating one-off or custom integrations should you need them.

Cons

The cameras, the logic by which they record, and the dashboard for viewing them could use some work. You're unable to retrieve segments more than 60 seconds in length at any one period of time. They offer a "hyperlapse" mode, but I find this to be a useless gimmick as the compression effectively omits frames making it difficult to identify incident times.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Leroy M.
Industry: Building Materials

Very satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

We have been very happy with Customer service. The Cameras are very clear with good night vision as well.

Pros

Samsara has been an eye opener for us, not just in Compliance, but in aspects of safety as well. It has a built in accountability for each driver, and allows the Safety Director to access driving behavior as well. Speed, harsh braking and AI technology at stop signs has become a positive peer pressure for the drivers, at the same time reducing operating and maintenance costs per vehicle.

Cons

We are very happy with the software. It is meeting our expectations

Michael N.
Industry: Food Production

Many advertised features do not work, Proof of Delivery integration has issues.

Reviewed on 2020/09/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

After spending over $20k in API design to facilitate routing and Proof of Delivery integration we find that Samsara has sold us a bill of goods that does not work and now I am stuck with it. You get a lot of lip service on how sorry they are for all the problems, but no solutions.
The first level support folks are very nice but have no ability to assist with complex issues, they refer the case to the next level support and that is when it just stops... no follow up and never any real time assistance.

Pros

The cameras and harsh event capture work good...sometimes.

Cons

Proof of Delivery integration in the driver app does not always capture the signed document, this creates huge issues for us and our drivers have to return to the sites and get a paper copy signed. Have had open support case for months and get no follow up. If you open a case in their system it gets ignored.
If they do reply at all, it will be days later and generally it is to ask for more screenshots from the driver app in the phones and dashboard...when you send them in, you get no follow up.
API integration is spotty at best, API support is non-existent.
Routing function is terrible and adjustments made to a route are not updated.
We were told how awesome the distracted driving worked and the website shows a driver looking at his phone and an alert showing up... that feature does not work for us.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Nicholas S.

Samsara Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

The total experience has been far superior to any of the other ELD or GPS companies we've worked with in the past.

Pros

Customer fueled app and software updates.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that you lose grasp of your initial contact people to newer roles and have to revert back to their support email. Responses are still handled in a more than sufficient time frame though so it hasn't been a real issue.

Industry: Construction

Full Fleet Management

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Positive, continuously improving, and clearly a leader in the fleet management/dash cam software industry. They have all the features and then some.

Pros

Ease of installation was very important. This is a plug and play, while other options must be wired in by installers at a cost. The interface, features, and overall usability are much better than the two other companies I have used.

Cons

Usual high pressure sales to start the process, but the negotiation and closing process was very smooth. Some reports and insights are slow to update but overall seems to be very accurate.

Lisa L.
Industry: Utilities

Great Products, Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

I have touched may departments in Samsara and they always make you feel like they are your #1 customer. Response time is great and they quick to follow-up to make sure everything is to your satisfaction.

Pros

We are in the honeymoon stage with Samsara and so far everything is great. The implementation team was amazing and made sure the setup process was very easy. The dashboard of the program is great and the integration with my other favorite software is on point. It is the best integration I have seen so far.

Cons

It is a bit pricey but well worth the spend in my book. All it's missing, in my opinion, is a timesheet option for drivers and non-drivers and then I would be totally satisfied.

Kim T.

great products

Awesome!

Pros

Easy to use. Support is great. Up to date information.

Cons

Any con that comes up tech support takes care of it right away

Brandon J.

Has Potential

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

There's so much potential with this company. I was extremely happy when I first signed up with them and had an excellent experience the first year and a half. It wasn't until I ran into my first issue and need help from customer service and accounting. My business is not valued at all. Another 1 until my contracts are finished and I will find another provider for my GPS and ELD services.

Pros

Very user friendly. Accurate and up to date latest information.

Cons

Absolute worst customer service I think I've ever dealt with in my professional 10 year career. You can not get a hold of them by phone. No matter how many voicemails you leave, no one ever returns your call. 2nd option is email. I don't know how many I've sent over the last few months to address one issue. No one responds or cares.

Response from Samsara

Hi Brandon, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us we always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. A manager from our Support team will be giving you a call so we can help address your concerns.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Daniel D.
Industry: Maritime

MARITIME SERVICE

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

I LIKE THE REAL TIME NAV TO KEEP TRACK OF VANS AND TIME FRAME. REPORTS ARE GOOD

Cons

MOBILE APP NOT USER FRIENDLY. OVERVIEW TIMES ON ALL TRIPS ARE NOT CORRECT. HOUR DELAY.

Erika S.

Easy ELD program

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Pros

This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Cons

There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

Andres L.

Next level tech.

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

Pros

*Easy to use
*Can be used on different platforms
*Looks very high tech

Cons

On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Jason D.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best option that continues to improve

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

The product is great and many others are as well. The team behind it has been as impressive which puts them in the lead.

Pros

The setup and configuration options are very user friendly. The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees.

Cons

There were a few features that were missing in the beginning but have since been added so nothing comes to mind.

Christopher K.
Industry: Environmental Services

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Pros

Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Cons

The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

Dave A.
Industry: Automotive

A Better Way of Doing What We've Always Done

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Safety policies have been easier to monitor. We love the camera placements in our equipment.

Pros

Intuitive navigation for the dashboard user as well as for the driver.

Cons

The dashboard is just a little boring with the lack of color. Maybe needs just a little splash of color for visible interest.

Elmo J.

Samsara vs Teletrac

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Pros

Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Cons

would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

Ajneel R.

SAMSARA ELD, DASH CAM AND TRUCK TRACKING

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

I HAD SMALL ISSUES WITH DEVICE GOING OUT, IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BY SAMSARA TEAM BY THEM SENDING ME ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS.
I HAD ISSUES WITH THE WIRE THAT BROKE AND THEY REPLACED THE WIRE IN 2 DAY'S FREE OF CHARGE.
WHENEVER I CALL THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHICH I LIKE. PHONE CALLS WORKS AND EMAILS WORK ALSO. THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE. OUR TRUCK WAS SIDE SWIPPED WITH A CAR AND THE CAR CALLED CHP TELLING THEM IT WAS OUR TRUCK WHO HIT IT. LUCKILY DASH CAM WAS THEIR AND BEING A WEEKEND I CAN REMOTE ACCESS IT FROM HOME AND SHOWED CHP WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY LET OUR TRUCK GO AND GAVE OTHER PEOPLE TICKET AND TOWED THEIR CAR.

Pros

EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SAYS IT WILL WORK.

Cons

SO FAR WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT THERE IS NO ISSUES

Hope T.
Industry: Construction

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Pros

Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Cons

A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

Caira S.

Samsara Review

works fine

Pros

Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Cons

takes too much to get equipment replaced

Manjit G.

customer service

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

its been over 2 years , so far we are very happy with the service and functionality of the product.

Pros

Samasara has a great reputation in the trucking industry. we are using GPS tracking and we are very satisfied with the service.

Cons

we are using trailer tracking system from last 2+ years. we are very satisfied due to:
system is very easy to use, great customer service , price is very reasonable, knowledgeable & very helpful staff.

Jamie S.

Game Changing

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Game Changing. Time Saving.

Pros

Throughout the evolution of the product in our 18 months of use, the additional features have made navigation and reporting more simple for the user and administrator. Tracking hours of service and keeping 135 drivers compliant has changed from reviewing individual logs for accuracy to scanning for violations. Knowing how many hours a driver has available tomorrow at a glance makes an immediate impact on our logistics experts ability to assign work. It's not just drivers and compliance that benefit, our logistics team, dispatchers, compliance team and the clients in the vehicles all WIN.

Cons

Inability to prevent a driver that has logged out from being put back on duty. If a member of the fleet team moves a vehicle without logging in to that vehicle, the software places the unassigned movement on the log of the last person that was signed in.

Ashley G.
Industry: Retail

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Love that we made the switch and even my supervisor is starting to love it more and more everyday.

Pros

I love how much this program offers; it has helped us majorly weed out the not so loyal employees. The ELD portion is simple and easy to use and I don't have to fight the guys to use it for their logs. They just want to use it. I love the camera system as it has helped us out with false reports on reckless driving and gives us a little sense of comfort knowing that we have those backing us up 100%.

Cons

The only issue I have seemed to notice is where we live in Nebraska sometimes when the trucks are going out in the sandhills; sometimes the trucks don't quite connect all the way. So the live feed gets a little jumpy, but it still keeps it up to date as best as possible.

James B.
Industry: Utilities

A great system

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

We had another elog system that we had issues with the system connecting to it's own components in the truck and keeping a signal so that the driver could stay logged in on the system. The Samsara system has removed all of the issues with connectivity.
It also has a much better dashboard of features than the other elog system. When you can give engine codes to the repair shop, repairs can be done quicker as well.
A feature the previous system did not come with at all was a dash camera. The Samsara system allows you to add on a camera that works in conjunction with the system. For our business, we decided to do the dual cam so we can see what the driver is doing as well as see what was going on in front of the truck. When the drivers heard we were looking at getting cameras, they asked to see if we were going to get the driver cam. The drivers wanted to make sure we got them so that when the next car versus truck accident happens to them, they will more likely be found not at fault since they want to be seen as paying attention and not distracted. Of course there are the drivers that did not want them due to "big brother" concerns. Everyone does agree when the time comes, that the camera will save their job if they were doing their job.

Pros

The software is all on the internet. I can use the fleet management portion on my tablet, my phone, or any computer as long as I have my login information. So far any tablet or phone I have tried the driver app on has worked.

Cons

Only the most minor of issues and even then it is almost not worth mentioning however to be an honest review I do need to mention it. The driver app has locked up while being used on the tablet. No reason has been found as to why as of yet. The app also does not keep the tablet screen on when the app is running which some people don't see as an issue.

Simona S.

REVIEW

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Using samsara as over the rooad trucking company, this is all you need to run in compliance.

Pros

User friendly, we have a lot of older drivers that are not very computer savvy but they all complement Samsara for how easy is to use it. Also very easy to set up and navigate. I don't want to ever use another system.

Cons

Honestly i dont know any cons. I am very happy with it. I have been using it from the beggining.

Davide G.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Honest Feedback.

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

From install to getting educated to the use of the information daily, it has created revenue generating opportunities in addition to our core competencies.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service along the way. The demo's helped me validate internally, and we have used other providers, but as long as Samsara has the customer support after the sale, they will wipe away any competition.

Cons

There really isn't anything about the Samsara product that we don't like.