Upwave Reviews

Upwave

Productivity platform for managing teams, projects and tasks

4.7/5 (52 reviews)

One of the most user friendly task management tools out there!

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

We were looking for a tool to keep a track of all our tasks and the person responsible for them. Now we are on top of our delevirables and we can even estimate how much time a simillar task would take in the future.

Pros

The software is extremly easy to figure out and intuitive. Tasks can be assigned to an individual or to a team in a few clicks. Their neat UI with different color theme for tasks of different priority make it very easy to find the most pressing tasks first. We now have a much better idea of what our employees are spending their time on and their effeciency at completing tasks

Cons

The platform is quite simple and easy to use, and this is one of its strengths. However, it does lead to it missing out on features that are available with more established players like Asana.

Daren R.

Great product.

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Manage development projects spanning iOS, server and web. Also use a board for hiring.

Pros

The interface is clear, versatile and doesn’t try to do too much. The recent templates were very useful. We use it to manage an iPhone app development and release along with hiring and some web development.

Cons

I’d like to use it at work but unlike competitors like Asana, UpWave isn’t know at all to IT so they are afraid of it. That’s not really a criticism of the software though. Sometimes I’d do ba a little more control, especially with comleteted tasks for managing up.

Kevin L.

UpWave is a better looking Trello

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

UpWave is a solid contender to Trello, and the advantage I see is that UpWave can have the flexibility of having boards align any way you want, something that I found useful for having an important board. Notifications were solid on UpWave as well, giving me notifications within the app and to my e-mail. Would highly recommend UpWave to anyone looking for a Kanban type setup for their company's to-do management.

Pros

UpWave is a lot like trello and does it well when it comes to Kanban To-Do Boards. It's dead simple to use, just create a board(s) and then create tasks which are cards. Simply move them between the boards to track progress. The design of UpWave is super minimal, which is strikingly pleasant to look at if you're working within UpWave all throughout the day. Beyond the UX/UI and design, I really like how UpWave can align boards in whichever way you want, something that Trello does not have. You can align boards to the right and left, and also have one on the bottom, this might be useful for having eyes on a bug board, or support ticket board, or another board that should have all people have eyes on it throughout the day.

Cons

UpWave is super simple to use, and nothing to dislike.

A great solution for task management

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Nothing but good. All systems have their issues however they fix them in a timely manner.

Pros

It's fast, easy to use and rather scale-able. The system supports multiple languages of which is quite important for a global team and the level of product support provided in my experience is unparalleled compared against other solutions of this nature.

Cons

It has been a rough few years as it has developed. There are/have been a few bugs along the way however when reported get resolved rather quickly.

Raffaele B.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

We write very few emails (less to print is better also for environment), we use it as a sort of chat so every communication is very quick. We have a general control of the production at at glance even when outside or no at the office.

Pros

I looked for softwares to take production sites under control; write less emails; have a board where everyone could add ideas but also troubles faced at work... I found everything on UpWave; then let me say something about customer service: they are so kind and ready to solve every trouble we met.

Cons

Seriously,NOTHING! Every time I had a problem I wrote to customer service and they solved it quickly

Michel B.

Use with customer in agile business project

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Easy and effective way to manage projects

Pros

Simplicity. Fit exactly to my need: a simple and effective To Do / Work in Progress / Done tool.
It's the equivalent of the board used in Manufacturing or in IT in Agile projects. I can do business reviews and advancement plan with my customer wherever I am.

Cons

No apps on a smartphone, but it's OK via a web browser. Seems to simple at the very beginning, but it's a strength in fact.

Sandra G.

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Ever since I've been trained on how to use UpWave properly, I feel way more organized, I can tackle my days with clarity and they are much more productive.

Pros

I love the ability to connect my google calendar and schedule my tasks within upwave. I also love the 'My Cards' view where I can see only my cards in a calendar view.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to prioritize the cards in the my cards/calendar view. There is also a glitch when I type in the task on the card. If I don't put my cursor to the end of the text and hit enter, the task will only show text up to where I put my cursor. For example, if the task is 'Check email' if I leave my cursor after the work 'Check' and hit enter to close the card, I only see the word 'Check'

Paul V.

The work organization tool I always wanted

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

I was using Symphonical a while ago, then Upwave was launched and took it to a whole new level! Since I've started using Upwave, my entire company has started using it as our main task management and planning tool. I have basically zero problems with it. There was one time I found a bug - I let them know and it was fixed within two days, fantastic! And the price is completely worth the price.

Pros

Versatility, you get to choose how to set it up. Teamwork capabilities, assigning things to other people, comments to communicate. Setting due dates and seeing a personal agenda.

Cons

Uhhh...Ok if I have to say one thing, when you double click a card on your weekly agenda, it opens in the board where that card lives instead of right on the agenda.

Lorenzo E.

Great Organizational Software with room for growth

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

I've been using UpWave for a little more than a month now and I have to say, it's great! There are a few improvements that I'd like to have myself:

-Having assigned cards show up in my personal board, rather than having to manually copy it from the source board. My coworkers assign me tasks from their board but it's a pain to manually copy it over to mine so I can have everything in one place (unless I'm unaware of some functionality of course!)
-Assigned cards showing up on a separate screen. This is just a personal gripe, but I want that "due date" feature on the assigned cards board to show up on the same screen as my board. Maybe a pull out menu or something. I don't like having two upwave tabs open, one to view all of my notes and cards on my board and the other to view my assigned cards and due dates for the day/week.

Other than that, there's a wide selection of customization options similar to Google Keep, but what separates UpWave is its focus on collaboration. It's very easy to get things done within your group when you know what to do, and it's very easy to get someone to finish a task when you know who's doing them!

Pros

Collaboration functionalities and ease of use

Cons

Just a few personal gripes with assigned cards

Raffaele B.

Very very happy. I avoided buying a software from a software company as upwave is very simple.

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Pros

Very easy. Helps you to develop your ideas in a very simple way. There are infinite ways to personalize the dashboard

Cons

The only difficulties I found is when you have to cancel a dashboard. There should be something like a flag to choose the items and finally cancel or modify them.

Trent J.

Makes service calls much easier

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

Upwave has helped make my day so much easier. There is no longer a need to call back and forth for each incoming service call, and no need to write everything down. All the calls are neatly stored with all the info related to them. I know the priority of each call, and their history. Upwave saves time not only on my end, but also with my office. I just can't imagine work without it anymore.

Pros

The ease of use and consistency. Always works properly to have easy access to my workload and everything related to each call.

Cons

Wish that it would store calls for longer after they are completed, just for future reference.

Adela P.

Time Management app you need

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

I am using the app now for over 1,5 years. Its easy to use tool to manage your time and tasks no matter if solo or in a team. Interface is really easy to use, weekly reports helps you a lot to push your weekly performance. I only give 3 stars in features, because I miss the android /iOs app.

Pros

Easy to use, available as google addon.

Cons

I lack the android, iOs app

Tushar S.

likely to use bcz every task and ticket maintain and trcking easily

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

benefits is higher level authority and senior easily know which person work on which task or ticket

Pros

i likely to generate ticket also maintain ticket completion time and Track easily which stage ticket is process and how much time and what issue we get it.

Cons

in this the when we working on one ticket then we forward to other user then they are some complected and confusing .

Meghan M.

best good for The Easy task

more benefits good To handle task For The Grate to Use It

Pros

this easy to handle workload and so The task list in specific date and day to day list generate For The Work easy understand for The use it

Cons

Handel card and easy to saw The List For The Working Condition For Day to day good For The Multitasking for The easy

Hans kristian G.

Great agile tool for teams

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

Pros

User experience. Ease of adding external collaborators. Stability of the system. Responsiveness of the team

Cons

I have no real problems with the software really. It fits the needs of a distributed team quite nicely. As a quite horizontal tool it may be lacking in some respects if you have specific domain needs

Marius H.

Easy and practical. Works great

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Pros

I like the function that silences it in certain times. And how perfectly it works with groups, private groups and private chat. Use it for all my gadgets.

Cons

That i have to almost touch message to mark it as read. Sending video isnt that well supported, so i guess that could be a lot better.

Ganpat L.

Its very good experience work with upwave. Easy to work with this and good customer support.

Team management, Work management

Pros

Speed and design part working with this software and easy to use and maintain task with this software.

Cons

feature of this product like workload maintain user wise. connect with each other other staff for timely manner

William D.

My experience on this program is very wide since we use the program all the jones with my colleague

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

Time Time Time :-)

Pros

The thing I like most about this program is the design, very intuitive and functional .. Cute !!!

Cons

What I like less than the program and the possibility of not slicing and printing the pages as they are seen on the software

David W.

The right planner for me!

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

I tried a number of other apps but UpWave does everything I need and more! Have recommended it to others and will continue to do so.

Pros

Easy to use, complete software

Cons

The extra exchange charge for currency exchange through my bank. Would be better if I could pay by paypal.

Kelsey M.

UpWave has helped keep us organized!

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

With three people doing sharing a lot of job responsibility, it has helped us to streamline our day-to-day and communicate better. Now we are able to enter in tasks and assign them to each other as well as assign a due date. This helps with time management and prioritizing certain tasks over others. We've had a few questions in the past and customer service has been quick to respond with suggestions to help our work flow.

Helps work flow
Task oriented
Can be used simultaneously by multiple users

Cons

Not the most aesthetically pleasing work space (but it doesn't really matter since it's so easy to use).

Uvesh S.

It was really amazing to use this

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Thanks for making this available trail version

Pros

It is easy to use, not complex. Moreover, I can't imagine that it would be so easy feel like using Microsoft product using from childhood

Cons

it support teamwork which is indirectly a dependency on others and what so ever all credits has to be share and blame to the leader

Jayesh S.

Flexibile & Easy to use and also fits your processes

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/30

I just love this software, I give me clear picture to manage my any project.
I just feel free after all my task & project in it.
I can easily track my project and work according to set timeline.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage your project as well as team.
All the things that you want is provide by this software.
Can easily manage & track your project work as well as you can track your team members task process.
and its card(task) movable features is just amazing, you can easily process your task from one to next level.
all the history is completely and clearly can viewed using this software.

Cons

Talking about the least like about this software,
When you set the due date for your task whatever you time you choose it is always showing its default time 12:00 AM, due to that we can not manage what is the actual time we spent in that particular through out the process flow of your project.

Harsha H.

Upwave is a project management tool that you probably don't need

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

It offers a way to visualize your project progress in a really good manner.

Cons

The price you pay can be a really subjective matter especially if you are coming from the likes of basecamp to Upwave.

3.0/10
Natália M.

Amazing this application

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

The application is great, it has several functionalities useful for our company. I suggest improving the management of the individual panel of each user. Overall it's amazing!

Pros

It is a very easy to use application, it is possible to manage teams and organize tasks clearly.

Cons

I do not really like the layout and management of each user's individual dashboard. It does not allow me to clearly manage tasks.

Nereu F.

Very Good. Helped batsante in our process and visualization of deliveries and team activities.

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Agility and process visualization and deliveries of our team.

Pros

Agility, Objectivity, Lightweight processing, Interactive, Compact, Easy to manage and Appropriate cost.

Cons

Better interactivity with an own calendar that is being implemented. It could be linked to a type of timesheet (today we use beebole) and project management. Maybe link project costs with timesheet.