UpWave

Productivity platform for managing teams, projects and tasks

Harsha H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Upwave is a project management tool that you probably don't need

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

It offers a way to visualize your project progress in a really good manner.

Cons

The price you pay can be a really subjective matter especially if you are coming from the likes of basecamp to Upwave.

Daren R.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Great product.

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Manage development projects spanning iOS, server and web. Also use a board for hiring.

Pros

The interface is clear, versatile and doesn’t try to do too much. The recent templates were very useful. We use it to manage an iPhone app development and release along with hiring and some web development.

Cons

I’d like to use it at work but unlike competitors like Asana, UpWave isn’t know at all to IT so they are afraid of it. That’s not really a criticism of the software though. Sometimes I’d do ba a little more control, especially with comleteted tasks for managing up.

Lorenzo E.

Great Organizational Software with room for growth

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

I've been using UpWave for a little more than a month now and I have to say, it's great! There are a few improvements that I'd like to have myself:

-Having assigned cards show up in my personal board, rather than having to manually copy it from the source board. My coworkers assign me tasks from their board but it's a pain to manually copy it over to mine so I can have everything in one place (unless I'm unaware of some functionality of course!)
-Assigned cards showing up on a separate screen. This is just a personal gripe, but I want that "due date" feature on the assigned cards board to show up on the same screen as my board. Maybe a pull out menu or something. I don't like having two upwave tabs open, one to view all of my notes and cards on my board and the other to view my assigned cards and due dates for the day/week.

Other than that, there's a wide selection of customization options similar to Google Keep, but what separates UpWave is its focus on collaboration. It's very easy to get things done within your group when you know what to do, and it's very easy to get someone to finish a task when you know who's doing them!

Pros

Collaboration functionalities and ease of use

Cons

Just a few personal gripes with assigned cards

Raffaele B.

Very very happy. I avoided buying a software from a software company as upwave is very simple.

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Pros

Very easy. Helps you to develop your ideas in a very simple way. There are infinite ways to personalize the dashboard

Cons

The only difficulties I found is when you have to cancel a dashboard. There should be something like a flag to choose the items and finally cancel or modify them.

Uvesh S.

It was really amazing to use this

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Thanks for making this available trail version

Pros

It is easy to use, not complex. Moreover, I can't imagine that it would be so easy feel like using Microsoft product using from childhood

Cons

it support teamwork which is indirectly a dependency on others and what so ever all credits has to be share and blame to the leader

Lars P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Perfect, couldn't be better!

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

It's perfect in every way :) You guys are fast with implementation of user requests, and all the issues I have adressed have been fixed immediately.

Pros

Cons

None

Rachelle B.

We are very happy with UpWave Project Management!

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

A+ In Every Way! We absolutely love utilizing UpWave's easy to use and highly functional organizational project management tool for our Property Management needs!

Karl S.

Organisation saver

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

UpWave is a great tool for keeping me organised as an architect. I can handle and complete tasks for various projects quite easily. Recommended for other architects or working professionals.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Good for what it is

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

It's a goof piece of software, however my team hasn't found it incredibly useful.

Pros

I like the ability color code everyone's actions, it really helps with accountability.

Cons

When you have too many processes, the page has to be scrolled left or right and that makes dragging things difficult.

Calvin S.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I finally found THE platform to organize meaningful elements of my life & projects by simple...

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

Especially the singular combination of the following features makes Upwave that strong in my eyes:
+ full color cards, not just tiny tags as usual
+ modern & pleasing typeface with grippy weight contrasts
+ (custom) templates of card organization - not just the basic kanban style everyone else has
+ direct edits in preview without the need to open the card's content separately
+ clean UI & recognizable category line at the top
+ intuitive interactions as you would expect it to work

Cons

I would love to have the possibility to organize cards in grouped stacks, free from any grid like template. Theme decks of elements basically - but right now I'm really happy about the rich variants of different, even customizable overviews that I can create - suiting even creative project methods that I can directly create instead of having to make a mess with post its! Hopefully the time dimension gets it's well deserved implementation soon, as they already anounced in their roadmap! Cards that are as modular as being able to represent time spans, smoothly visible in calendar view to stay ahead of project workloads & spot free timeslots would feel like the ultimate extention for my next teamwork phase, their time tracking feature let me dream well already!

Kevin L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

UpWave is a better looking Trello

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

UpWave is a solid contender to Trello, and the advantage I see is that UpWave can have the flexibility of having boards align any way you want, something that I found useful for having an important board. Notifications were solid on UpWave as well, giving me notifications within the app and to my e-mail. Would highly recommend UpWave to anyone looking for a Kanban type setup for their company's to-do management.

Pros

UpWave is a lot like trello and does it well when it comes to Kanban To-Do Boards. It's dead simple to use, just create a board(s) and then create tasks which are cards. Simply move them between the boards to track progress. The design of UpWave is super minimal, which is strikingly pleasant to look at if you're working within UpWave all throughout the day. Beyond the UX/UI and design, I really like how UpWave can align boards in whichever way you want, something that Trello does not have. You can align boards to the right and left, and also have one on the bottom, this might be useful for having eyes on a bug board, or support ticket board, or another board that should have all people have eyes on it throughout the day.

Cons

UpWave is super simple to use, and nothing to dislike.

Ganpat L.

Its very good experience work with upwave. Easy to work with this and good customer support.

Team management, Work management

Pros

Speed and design part working with this software and easy to use and maintain task with this software.

Cons

feature of this product like workload maintain user wise. connect with each other other staff for timely manner

Kelsey M.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

UpWave has helped keep us organized!

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

With three people doing sharing a lot of job responsibility, it has helped us to streamline our day-to-day and communicate better. Now we are able to enter in tasks and assign them to each other as well as assign a due date. This helps with time management and prioritizing certain tasks over others. We've had a few questions in the past and customer service has been quick to respond with suggestions to help our work flow.

Helps work flow
Task oriented
Can be used simultaneously by multiple users

Cons

Not the most aesthetically pleasing work space (but it doesn't really matter since it's so easy to use).

Jamie P.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Organizing my life with ease

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Pros

I love the user-friendly nature of the platform and organizational flow. Multiple boards are very useful and help me with prioritizing many tasks and roles, as well as delegating tasks to students and teammates.

Cons

There are no real concerns at this time. I briefly had connection issues but this was promptly resolved by the team.

Natália M.

Amazing this application

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

The application is great, it has several functionalities useful for our company. I suggest improving the management of the individual panel of each user. Overall it's amazing!

Pros

It is a very easy to use application, it is possible to manage teams and organize tasks clearly.

Cons

I do not really like the layout and management of each user's individual dashboard. It does not allow me to clearly manage tasks.

Jayesh S.

Ease to use. User Friendly. Get experience to using this.

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Easy to track the whole chain of my task, wherever it passes from one to other.
Easy to maintain all tasks, and it become more helpful to increase work speed with a system.

Pros

The best thing is ease to use.
Easy to track any work in different stage.
Easy to move one task to another stage.

Jan B.

Simple and easy to use. Does the job.

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

Pros

The flexibility when building the board with adding column, colors and roles. I also like the way you have built a chat help function.

Cons

Some bugs. I.e. The posts suddenly dissapear and the attachments cannot be viewed on my PC

Jerry V.
  • Industry: Accounting

Upwave is awesome!

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

We needed something in our office to track progress with our clients work. This has proved to be so beneficial.

Pros

Great way to help organize work in our office.

Nakesia H.

Upwave Survey

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

Upwave is a user-friendly and efficient software that provides great assistance with task management and assignment. The software is collaborative and allows for teamwork and as such is a great tool to be utilized in an organization.

Ashley C.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

UpWave had helped my company stay organized and complete jobs at a much faster rate, UpWave is the best thing we have done for the company in a very long time.

Kris R.

Swift and reliable!

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

Super-easy onboarding, and a simple interface. Helps keep communication very clear between team members. Highly recommendable.

Anastasia B.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Upwave - a perfect app to organize the work of student teams and complete common tasks...

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

I am absolutely satisfied with Upwave! I have never used such a programme previously and was amazed by having my personal and work plans so accurately shown in cards and marked with colours. It is much better, than writing your plans in countless diaries or notebooks, making notes, which are usually lost among many pages or forgotten. Upwave provides me with opportunity to visualize and systemize our team tasks, and now it is for everyone obvious, what one has to do. When you put a tick for something done, it gives moral satisfaction and motivation to move on. Upwave is my first experience of using such an app, however I am already delighted with it and grateful to the whole staff of the company for a high quality product, friendly attitude towards students with their university projects and overall support and helpfulness. I will use Upwave willingly in my professional activity and would be glad to recommend it to my friends and colleagues.

Pros

Successful team management and work progress is based on comprehensive visualization, which Upwave enables you to manage easily and effectively. Smart design, a wide range of photos for your boards, stylish colours and tinctures help to create a unique workspace, which is esthetically enjoyable. The system is easy to deal with and the mechanism of changing cards or other details is simple. Especially convenient is the connection to other services, such as Google Drive, Google Docs, etc. It is really greater to have everything in one app, vivid and organized online, than to buy millions of notebooks or write long messages in chats with tasks for your team members. The idea with ticks and columns to show the progress makes users feel satisfied with the results and observe the completion level of the work. Notifications are also included in the system and can be send via e-mail to remind team members of their deadlines.

Cons

As the head of my small student team, which is occupied with publishing a faculty newspaper, I can say, that this app has no cons. All functions and features I need to organize our joint timetable are available. May be, in the future it would be useful to add more languages, especially Russian. I speak English, but not so good at computer terms, while their understanding is necessary to install everything correctly. That's why the process of deployment took a little bit more time. Although it is anyway not a problem, as Upwave managers are always ready to help and answer all the questions.

Raffaele B.
  • Industry: Printing

Amazing

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

We write very few emails (less to print is better also for environment), we use it as a sort of chat so every communication is very quick. We have a general control of the production at at glance even when outside or no at the office.

Pros

I looked for softwares to take production sites under control; write less emails; have a board where everyone could add ideas but also troubles faced at work... I found everything on UpWave; then let me say something about customer service: they are so kind and ready to solve every trouble we met.

Cons

Seriously,NOTHING! Every time I had a problem I wrote to customer service and they solved it quickly

Sandra G.

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Ever since I've been trained on how to use UpWave properly, I feel way more organized, I can tackle my days with clarity and they are much more productive.

Pros

I love the ability to connect my google calendar and schedule my tasks within upwave. I also love the 'My Cards' view where I can see only my cards in a calendar view.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to prioritize the cards in the my cards/calendar view. There is also a glitch when I type in the task on the card. If I don't put my cursor to the end of the text and hit enter, the task will only show text up to where I put my cursor. For example, if the task is 'Check email' if I leave my cursor after the work 'Check' and hit enter to close the card, I only see the word 'Check'

Paul V.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

The work organization tool I always wanted

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

I was using Symphonical a while ago, then Upwave was launched and took it to a whole new level! Since I've started using Upwave, my entire company has started using it as our main task management and planning tool. I have basically zero problems with it. There was one time I found a bug - I let them know and it was fixed within two days, fantastic! And the price is completely worth the price.

Pros

Versatility, you get to choose how to set it up. Teamwork capabilities, assigning things to other people, comments to communicate. Setting due dates and seeing a personal agenda.

Cons

Uhhh...Ok if I have to say one thing, when you double click a card on your weekly agenda, it opens in the board where that card lives instead of right on the agenda.