Showing 24 reviews of 14

AI-powered customer feedback analysis

Showing 24 reviews of 14
Melanie D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

My experience with Thematic as a product as well as their team

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

My experience with the product itself as well as the service from the Thematic team is overall pleasant. I particularly enjoyed their desire to learn from our needs and help us grow the product around what we want to achieve.

Pros

Thematic has a great UI and is very intuitive, not much training required to start using the software. It helps us uncover treasures of gold hidden in our vast amounts of unstructured data. Thematic helps us structure our unstructured data, by providing themes, sentiment, impact on NPS and other scores, etc.
I especially loved the download function, not just for excel but also for ppt! So simple and fast if you want to share something with your team or stakeholders quickly.

Cons

As with any online tool, we do encounter the occasional buffering or glitch. Since the team at Thematic is super helpful we are able to address any issues we face with a quick turnaround time.

Arpineh A.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Valuable product and customer support and

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

Great product and customer support.

Pros

Thematic was the missing puzzle for our surveys. Initially, we were only looking at the answers to the multiple choice questions but Thematic gave us the ability to have a better understanding of reviews we received by looking at the open ended questions.

Cons

The product by itself is very useful and great. But I believe the product can be more user friendly for untrained users.

• Used Other for 1+ year

AI + Human Touch to Improve Efficiency & Generate Deeper Insights

Reviewed on 2020/06/07

Making sense of thousands of open-end comments to understand what is driving NPS - helps tell a cohesive narrative between quantitative + qualitative data.

Pros

Team is easy to work with - very responsive and open to feedback to customize the tool to our needs. Appreciate their willingness to partner on adjustments to their roadmap and to work through ways that our team can get even more out of our use of Thematic.

Quick and seamless upload process from taking our raw data and getting it into the portal in a digestible fashion so that teams can begin analysis.

Cons

Initial codeframe set-up required a bit more time and input from my end than expected, but they have since streamlined the process and the time spent was a worthwhile investment in the long-term.

Dana E.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Helpful Insights!

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

The overall experience has been a great one. Thematic’s platform is easy to navigate and use. Customer service has been on par and response time, excellent.

Pros

Thematic makes it easy for our clients to gain helpful insights as to what their guests are saying and wanting. The platform is user friendly and doesn’t intimidate.

Cons

At this time, no suggestions for improvement to the software.

Stephanie M.

Very user friendly product that gives results!

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Pros

Thematic is extremely user friendly, which is why my company, MMGY Global, decided to parter with their team when we were selecting a software to help our client easily review consumer product data. Having very little experience reviewing large amounts of data, such as open ended user comments, Thematic and the team were able to help us easily digest product information in order to identify product issues and easily resolve them. The software also helped my company and client when it came to deciding what marketing messaging would most resonate with our clientele by pulling out key words from the reviews our customers were actually saying about our product. I would absolutely recommend Thematic and the team to anyone looking for a software that can quickly analyze large amounts of consumer data.

Cons

Though the Thematic team did do a lot of heavy lifting getting the software setup, there is a fair amount of work the client needs to do in the beginning in order to make sure the software picks-up on certain factors that you may want to measure, such as 'branded terms.' You'll likely be making updates for a while to get the software to recognize key words you need it to pick-up on/how the software pools data into different sections, but lucky the UI is extremely easy to navigate and the Thematic team is super helpful when it comes to this!

Jenny W.
  • Industry: Utilities

Thematic - review.

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

Thematic is very easy to use and I have been able to present customer feedback to different parts of the business in a much shorter timeframe than would have been possible.
I have really appreciated the support of Thematic's Customer Success person who showed me some possibilities for building new dashboards and automating manual work which has been fantastic.

Cons

I'm always a bit old school about reading customer feedback given that they have taken the time to write it. Although in saying that. I do find it easy to read and find feedback using the tool.

Strathan C.

Great Team

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

The team is outstanding friendly, helpful and they want to see us succeed.

Pros

The product is easy to use, intuitive and with it we can derive great insight from our customer feedback

Cons

It is hard to pin point specific Cons as this delivers on what I expect and if change is needed the team jumps in and helps us make any changes required

William D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Thematic makes scattered verbatim data meaningful and visual for decision makers.

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

the team are awesome and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] actively joins and follows up on calls and equally passionate about organisations making better use of data (Quant and Qual) and in turn make better decisions.

For a product development context, Thematic does more than just assist with prioritisation. It helps inspire people to take things into the development pipeline with the data and justification of the prioritisation.

Pros

It automates and repeats the already good work by a UX researcher the first time around. Plus puts the results in the face of the decision-makers (PMs & DMs) asap and monitor those insights over time.

I loved the out of the box nature to visualise data in a way that enables meaning and insights immediately. The ability to drill down into themes for further analysis enables almost live decision making with product and development managers on the areas that most matter to customers.

Cons

There isn't much to not like here. Additional would be to include Google or other Analytics data integration to provide confidence to marketers and executives in the organisation. I believe there is a way to do this and look forward to testing this approach more in the future.

Response from Thematic

Thanks so much for this thorough review! Really appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Team is delighted to see such feedback!

Arianna M.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

One of the best research tools I've ever used!

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Pros

After using SurveyMonkey and Qualtrics over the course of my career, I had the opportunity to pilot test (and later purchase) Thematic while I was Director of Insights at DoorDash. This was hands down one of the best research tools I have used. Thematic saved researchers time, saved the company money, and enabled DoorDash’s product team and leadership team to quickly dig into what people were writing down as their biggest problems in the NPS scores within each city or at a national scale (within minutes!). I have become Thematic’s biggest advocate. Thematic is the only company that I know that lets companies ask and measure the responses for open-ended questions at scale and (again) assess how themes correspond to a change in NPS or any other company metrics.

Cons

I think they can still make some changes to their UI to make it a bit more intuitive to use

Ronald S.

Life saver

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

Without thematic, i spent heaps of hours working analyzing data. It definitely made my work easy with professional presentation.

Pros

Easy to use, save me a lot of time analyzing customers feedback and provide great insight that guide me into areas to focus on.

Cons

Cant think of anything since its build based on my need and requirements.

Tom P.

Exceptional Insights on Survey Verbal Responses

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Pros

Their software did an exceptional job of creating very actionable themes from relatively the relativel small (under 1,000) responses we have as a B2B services company. No other software package we looked at could do this. Their overall dashboard and impact analysis was incredibly useful.

Cons

There were a few issues in the beginning on how they collected our data, but they resolved them very quickly.

Miguel R.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

eNPS insights that are awesome

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Pros

Ability to slice and dice data that otherwise would take forever to do manually-
Love the ability to comb through comment themes and then drill down to the actual comments-

Cons

Don't have alot of cons
I would love to be able to allow users to only see their particular department information
Other than that Im not complaining

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Fantastic platform - highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Thematic enabled me to quantify the impact of our verbatim themes on our overall CX Metrics - and separate the "noise" from those verbatim themes that the business needed to take action on.
It made it easy to justify recommendations, and measureably track the impact over time.

Pros

Thematic is the first verbatim analysis platform I've used that has been able to quantify the impact of addressing a customer verbatim theme on the overall metric score. This means we are able to easily differentiate between verbatim themes that are noise (no impact to an overall metric) and those which are seriously impacting our CX metrics.

Also, the filter functionality allows us to drill down to a depth that gives us confidence that we are shifting the score for right customer segments or other moments that matter to the business.

The team at Thematic are also really open to customer feedback on their platform - and are continually improving the functionality to meet the needs of their users.

Cons

Not a lot to dislike. The team at Thematic are really open about their product roadmap, and using customer feedback to inform their priorities. This has meant that any painpoints we had were usually resolved in their next release.

Emma P.

Everything we need

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Thematic has been great to work with. Even with the time differences (New Zealand based), they are relatively quick to respond and quite quick to implement helpful features.

Pros

Thematic saves me a great deal of time by automatically breaking up NPS comments into themes. Better yet, we can see how specific themes impact NPS scores!

Cons

Honestly, Thematic has worked with us to implement the services we need. I have no dislikes since the company is easy to work with, asks for our feedback, and adjusts their services to better fit our needs.