SafetySkills

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Safety Skills user review

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/23

I deliver OSHA required & other important safety training modules to site employees.

Pros

Ensuring that employees receive their OSHA required & other important safety training in a timely manner has never been easier. Tracking the completion targets is child's play with this software.

Cons

Adding certain types of video files using Safety Skills requires additional software purchases.

Walt I.

J-W Power Company

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

We have solved our problems of being able to remotely train over 600 employees, quickly, easily and routinely; and with quality safety courses meeting regulatory compliance. Overall the entire package if effective, professional and the staff at Safety Skills is great to work with and always do their best to address our needs.

Pros

Accessibility across the US to home and field based employees. The ability to assign and require completion of training subject at anytime, within a matter of minutes to employees throughout the company. The fact it is continually improving and has since we began utilizing it. Ease of use, yet complex system.

Cons

It is a generic program that can be customized to meet most of your wants and needs - there are limitations however in the manner in which I want some functions of the system to operate. With that being said, the Safety Skills staff works with us to make changes and upgrades within reason - we sometimes have to remind ourselves that we are not the only company utilizing this system. We can't expect it to be completely company specific.

Joy R.
Industry: Insurance

Review by IMA, Risk Control by Joy Read, Risk Control Coordinator

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/26

We are not that active in SafetySkills but when we have had to call in for an issue, the customer service has always been personable, polite, and, even more importantly, FOLLOWS UP IN A TIMELY MANNER.

Pros

The courses that are available for our Energy industry clients

Cons

The logic of how to do things, not user friendly. The filter is ok, but when you go to the right side, with the drop down for actions, AND in the cog??? Just put it in one place, make it simple, please!

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Jennifer C.
Industry: Telecommunications

Safety Skills- AFL

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

My overall experience has been very good. They helped us to smoothly transition into a new system. Although, there have been hiccups along the way our account has not been the most simplified process due to the multiple training matrixes and locations. I feel that considering this aspect, this has been very functional and helpful for our IC metrics and data reporting to ensure safety compliance at AFL. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been a HUGE help in the overall process. Customer service has, mostly, been very responsive and able to resolve issues in a timely manner.

Pros

I like the course offerings, as well as the reporting features. There is ease of use in the Excel Format, as well.

Cons

There are some things that I wish the developers would implement to advance the software; however, any time I make the suggestion they always are able to come up with a solution or try to fix the issue at hand.

Kelsey P.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Safety Skills Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

I am super impressed with Safety Skills! They have been super helpful with every question that I have had for them. They made the transition from two accounts to one super easy and all information was transferred over without any issues.

Pros

I like how user friendly the software is for all of our field employees! I also love the fact that we are able to enter in training/attachments that are specific to our company and send out to folks to be able to take the training.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to change would be able to offer questions when attachments are assigned to individuals instead of just allowing them to sign and it automatically remove from their training dashboard.

Elizabeth M.

Excellent Customer Service and Products

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

The Sales Team and the Customer Service Team are a fantastic group of people. Any time I have reached out with a question, I receive extremely prompt and professional service and support. Their courses meet most of our needs and our users are happy with them.

Pros

SafetySkills worked with us and our current LMS to quickly upload their courses. When the courses have updates, I receive a communication explaining the changes. Our users in the field complete many SafetySkills classes each month and we rarely (if ever) have had any issues with the quality of the content.

Cons

N/A

Industry: Chemicals

Fair. Has potential.

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

It was okay and just that. It is less expensive that some of it's other competitors and the course content is great. It has plenty of potential to expand and grow. If you're just looking for an LMS with a broad catalog, then I would recommend.

Pros

The library of training content is very impressive. Offered many OSHA 1910 courses as well as some regarding SPCC, HAZMAT and DOT. Some of these courses were offered in other languages as well.

Cons

Aside from the vast library, SafetySkills did not have many features to expand on. There was no incident tracking and reporting system in place and my company was definitely needing that feature to improve performance. Aside from that, updates felt very few and far in between and the turn-around time with customer support was very gradual and slow.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Janice V.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

SafetySkills Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

Overall I love SafetySkills but I believe the reason I've had such a good experience is because the customer support that I have had has been exceptional.

Pros

I love all the different things the software can do. I love all the different ways I can run reports and being able to auto assign reports.

Cons

I have to print several certificates a week. I would be very beneficial to be able to print multiple certificates at one time instead of only one at a time.

Diane C.
Industry: Hospitality

Great User Friendly Software

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/24

We've used the software for the past three (3) years for our annual employee safety training

Pros

Software offers a vast selection of training topics to choose from

Cons

Nothing. No complaints regarding software

Industry: Renewables & Environment

The first content provider for our first LMS platform

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Satisfied, they fit the bill and depending on what package you're interested in Saftey Skills is affordable.

Pros

The sales person I dealt with was informative, very knowledgeable and accommodating. Safety Skills had every industry training we needed and more. The system is also to use, very customizable and has its own LMS if you company doesn't have one (we do). Their reporting feature is also very helpful.

Cons

They're file sizes tend to be really big, we purchased one course that cannot be condensed any further and is still too big for our LMS to handle.
Customer service is really good but they took a while to get back to me a couple times.

Industry: Utilities

SafetySkills pushes the envelope Customer Service wise

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/08/06

Helped create our basic safety training for employees. Training also received Training Unit approval. Customer Service is great when you need something but not pushy when you don't.

Pros

High quality. Works with CornerStone. Great Customer Service

Cons

Premium price versus other vendors but not too crazy.

Jessica M.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Safety SKills is a great tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Overall, Safety Skills was one of the easiest, most user friendly software was trained on and use in my job consistantly.

Pros

Courses are automatically assigned to users with reminder emails sent. Reporting is extremely easy to pull and evaluate.

Cons

On the main user tab, I want to add one more column for department.

Kathleen W.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Enabled us to get our LMS platform up and running in a very short space of time.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Easy tracking of training provided across the company, provided flexibility in how we deliver training.

Pros

Gave is the ability to customize to our needs, easy to use. Provides access to great quality training material. Allows for easy report-running. The administrative support behind the software, CSR has been phenomenal.

Cons

The initial set-up was a little confusing, but this just required some more maneuvering around the system to better familiarize myself.

Response from SafetySkills

Hi Kathleen,
First of all, thank you for the kind words. We are proud of our courseware, LMS platform and the level of support we are committed to offering our customers.
Secondly, a new onboarding can be challenging mainly because there are so many different ways the platform can be configured to fit different organization needs. We continue to work to make the process simpler and smoother for our new customers.

Gavon W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

User Friendly and Good bang for your buck

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

I like it. Even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles I'm used to, the pros outweigh the cons to me. Thank you SafetySkills.

Pros

It's very easy to use compared to other LMS systems I've encountered. The customer service is excellent and they are always ready and willing to help. And the cost is very affordable.

Cons

There are not as many features as other LMS systems such as deleting courses. It can be somewhat inconvenient especially if you are in a rush.

Derek L.

High Quality Content and Service

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I was/am on a committee of testers evaluating future options for content and fully support using SafetySkills - if I were the sole decision maker, they'd be in right now!

Pros

I was very impressed with the level of content quality for Safety Skills online courses. In addition, their support staff/customer reps are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

No drawbacks as far as I can see - while they offer LMS services, without needing, that it's just as easy to plug and play their engaging content on your existing LMS.

Kyle M.
Industry: Construction

SafetySkills

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/05/19

This software provided excellent training and if needed again, will probably be the software of choice.

Pros

This software was great for adding interactive components to safety training thus making the training that much more involved and successful.

Cons

This software crashed a few times during the interactive features. When background processes for other software were shut down, this software worked better.