SafetySkills Reviews

Competency-based online safety training

4.9/5 (7 reviews)

J-W Power Company

Reviewed on 10/25/2018

We have solved our problems of being able to remotely train over 600 employees, quickly, easily and routinely; and with quality safety courses meeting regulatory compliance. Overall the entire package if effective, professional and the staff at Safety Skills is great to work with and always do their best to address our needs.

Pros

Accessibility across the US to home and field based employees. The ability to assign and require completion of training subject at anytime, within a matter of minutes to employees throughout the company. The fact it is continually improving and has since we began utilizing it. Ease of use, yet complex system.

Cons

It is a generic program that can be customized to meet most of your wants and needs - there are limitations however in the manner in which I want some functions of the system to operate. With that being said, the Safety Skills staff works with us to make changes and upgrades within reason - we sometimes have to remind ourselves that we are not the only company utilizing this system. We can't expect it to be completely company specific.

Excellent Customer Service and Products

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

The Sales Team and the Customer Service Team are a fantastic group of people. Any time I have reached out with a question, I receive extremely prompt and professional service and support. Their courses meet most of our needs and our users are happy with them.

Pros

SafetySkills worked with us and our current LMS to quickly upload their courses. When the courses have updates, I receive a communication explaining the changes. Our users in the field complete many SafetySkills classes each month and we rarely (if ever) have had any issues with the quality of the content.

Cons

N/A

SafetySkills Review

Reviewed on 10/29/2018

Overall I love SafetySkills but I believe the reason I've had such a good experience is because the customer support that I have had has been exceptional.

Pros

I love all the different things the software can do. I love all the different ways I can run reports and being able to auto assign reports.

Cons

I have to print several certificates a week. I would be very beneficial to be able to print multiple certificates at one time instead of only one at a time.

The first content provider for our first LMS platform

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Satisfied, they fit the bill and depending on what package you're interested in Saftey Skills is affordable.

Pros

The sales person I dealt with was informative, very knowledgeable and accommodating. Safety Skills had every industry training we needed and more. The system is also to use, very customizable and has its own LMS if you company doesn't have one (we do). Their reporting feature is also very helpful.

Cons

They're file sizes tend to be really big, we purchased one course that cannot be condensed any further and is still too big for our LMS to handle.
Customer service is really good but they took a while to get back to me a couple times.

SafetySkills pushes the envelope Customer Service wise

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 8/6/2018

Helped create our basic safety training for employees. Training also received Training Unit approval. Customer Service is great when you need something but not pushy when you don't.

Pros

High quality. Works with CornerStone. Great Customer Service

Cons

Premium price versus other vendors but not too crazy.

Enabled us to get our LMS platform up and running in a very short space of time.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 7/26/2018

Easy tracking of training provided across the company, provided flexibility in how we deliver training.

Pros

Gave is the ability to customize to our needs, easy to use. Provides access to great quality training material. Allows for easy report-running. The administrative support behind the software, CSR has been phenomenal.

Cons

The initial set-up was a little confusing, but this just required some more maneuvering around the system to better familiarize myself.

Response from SafetySkills

Hi Kathleen,
First of all, thank you for the kind words. We are proud of our courseware, LMS platform and the level of support we are committed to offering our customers.
Secondly, a new onboarding can be challenging mainly because there are so many different ways the platform can be configured to fit different organization needs. We continue to work to make the process simpler and smoother for our new customers.

High Quality Content and Service

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

I was/am on a committee of testers evaluating future options for content and fully support using SafetySkills - if I were the sole decision maker, they'd be in right now!

Pros

I was very impressed with the level of content quality for Safety Skills online courses. In addition, their support staff/customer reps are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

No drawbacks as far as I can see - while they offer LMS services, without needing, that it's just as easy to plug and play their engaging content on your existing LMS.