Showing 23 reviews of 12

Showing 23 reviews of 12
Peter O.

A powerful collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Wonderful. The Propeller Platform and support team have achieved a Standard of Excellence that other software vendors should strive to emulate.

Pros

Propeller provides an ideal online platform to easily and accurately combine drone survey with CAD designs. This enables our project teams to visualise issues, explore design options, and verify earthworks claims. The support team at Propeller are diligent professionals who provide genuine 24x7 technical support on the odd occasion when issues arise during data uploads or regular usage.

Cons

Propeller does a wonderful job of data visualisation. It integrates well with other key CAD software tools, which supports full design processes. I see no gaps or weaknesses for our requirements.

Cody W.

The best survey drone service I’ve ever used

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

My over all experience has been great at this time. I always have someone there to walk me through any problems that I experience and always get quality work from the drone and service.

Pros

I like the ease of access and the quality of product that I receive from propellers processing software, I never have to worry if my contours that the drone and software created are incorrect or not, with the software that I’ve used in the past I would always have to worry that the elevations that were generated were wrong and with propeller I don’t have that worry at all. I like that with the rtk drone I don’t have much setup time at all, I get out create my flight and use one aero point and get to flying then processing, the other service took a lot longer to preform these task. Overall great workflow experience

Cons

the only con is not having a hard case to keep my aero point in, at times when I take it out it looks a little bent and I am not sure if it affects the quality but that would be the only thing I would change at this time.

Trent M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Fast, accurate, and ease of collecting data.

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

We are utilizing this software for our larger projects where we can get more accurate data without our surveyors spending too much time. We are saving time by using this software.

Pros

The portion of this software that we like the most is the ease of use for our employees. After the flight has been uploaded, superintendents and project managers can go online and gather information themselves. The data they can obtain right away without needing to wait for someone is of high importance in our fast paced industry. It is a great planning tool for our company.

Cons

We have found no cons to using this software

Tate F.

Top Quality Software

Reviewed on 2019/06/30

The entire platform is far superior than anything we’ve used on the market! Because of Propeller, it has allowed our small businesses to be profitable and grow into something great.

Pros

Accurate Results
Nicely Designed Interface Portal
Scaleable

Cons

A Bit Pricey
Online Chat Customer Service

Jb H.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Stockpile Inventory Control

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

We have way better internal inventory controls. Also use this for pre and post earth moving operations to reconcile with our production reports.

Pros

The ease of use with only one ground control point and the accuracy.

Cons

The processing time can sometimes take a few days.

Ray P.

Outstanding Support in the Industry

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

My overall experience has been fantastic. I've been a Propeller head for several years. Propeller has listened to my concerns, added and made adjustments based on feedback and created a platform that answers many diverse needs that aerial data provides. The customer service has never left me in the dark and typically works very well to get my questions/problems address.
I view Propeller as my silent partner in the background.

Pros

I really enjoy seeing all my data in 3 dimensions before me. It allows me to view and manipulate the data in all sorts of ways and the ability to share this with team members, seamlessly, is vital in today's world.

Cons

The software does not always tell you the truth, at first glance. You must really be aware of how the calculations are performed, or you could end up accidental reporting a false number.
I also find that loading models and other drawings into Propeller can be frustrating, although it seems to be getting easier.

Brent M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Construction Surveying

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Overall very pleased working along side the Propeller team they are fast and happy to assist you with a problem and I believe they are leading edge in drone surveying! Keep up the good work!

Pros

Very user friendly you can walk anyone through how to use the software over the phone. Being able to pull quantities and print them out in reports is probably the best part of the software for what we do as a heavy highway construction company.

Cons

Need to be able to see the proposed line work in the reports would be very beneficial so owners can see what part of the job we are referencing to.

Jari P.

One of a kind

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

Easy to use and share information to stakeholders.

Cons

Navigation, like rotation in zoom is bugging.

Jason P.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Operator feedback on production, blast quantities, produces material needs.

Pros

Quick, easy calculations/polygons to produce volumes.

Cons

Overall navigation, can't utilize a 3D mouse, as well as sorting and grouping of features

Milo B.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Wonderful, easy to use product.

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

We use Propeller for general surveying tasks and find it very easy to use. We love the support, they've helped us a out many times with only successful results thus far. We love the AeroPoint workflow as well. Thumbs up!

Pros

The workfow is great. It's easy to use and if there are any problems, excelent support is given. The integration of drawings and destination plans into one system is ideal.

Cons

Perhaps a little more possibilities for automation would be nice. Especially when just using the aerpoints it would be nice to get an automated setup working.

Ronny W.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Perfect job from propeller.

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Pros

Easy workflow with aeropoints.
Easy workflows to calculate volumes for non surveyors.

Cons

The german coordinatesystems are missing.

Brian K.

Fast and Accurate Drone Data Processing and Analysis

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

Pros

Using Propeller is so fast, I have been able to spend all of my time in the field, collecting aerial data, instead of hours and hours tinkering with processing software. I have processed sites ranging from 1 acre, to 4000 acres. Then analyzing the data is also fast and intuitive. Running stockpile calcs, measuring road slopes, pond volumes, surface area, cut/fill reports, elevation color maps, the list of measurements and analysis reports is long. Customer service is mainly via online chat, although response is quick, and they always solve my problems.

Cons

None that I can think of currently, the Propeller team is always adding features and functionality. They listen to user feedback incorporate it into future releases.