ProcessMaker

Online business process management (BPM) & workflow software

Eric T.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Ok tool that was not what we needed | Ended up abandoning

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

I did not like it. I was forced to adopt the platform because C-Level execs saw demo and then said we need this. Tasked with migrating a code base from another institution to our operations was already a arduous process, but then it only worked on PM2.5x migrating to 3x was going to require an extended effort that I could not implement due to the changes in the software (that were for the better).

Pros

Visually architect a workflow/business process.

Cons

I started training for PM2 and attempted to rework an add on from another campus for our workflow. I found the development process to be tedious and unncessarily complicated due to the multiple layers involved in the stack: PHP (old outdated library too), triggers for db's that operate independently of the PHP code. Old libraries like Gulliver that were a tad buggy. To compound things in order to make PM actually useful in the enterprise we had to purchase the support contract, which in itself wasn't very supportive.

Satya gopal K.

Flexible Workflow Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

1. Excellent experience overall.
2. The workflow software can be used for real time, quick turnaround time, operational transactions.
3. If designed well, the workflow software can even replace an ERP system.

Pros

1. It is standardized, yet flexible.
2. It has many features that can compete with normal software development.
3. Workflows can be developed quickly.
4. It has a community version that allows a prospective user to try out various features before committing to purchase the commercial version.
5. The technical support team is very responsive.
6. Very reliable architecture. Does not crash.

Cons

1. It is not a workflow software that can be developed by end users. There are some others that can be done that way.
2. The more skilled one is at programming, esp. PHP and JavaScript, the better the usage of ProcessMaker's features.

José antonio B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

ProcessMaker experience

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Started to used for quality process, connecting franchises and vendors to validate changes.. it was really usefil as we could engage several stakeholders that before had a very manual process.. process timings wer reduced from 30 days to less than 2

The interface is very web basic, but it has helped us significantly in our digitalization and process oriented journey

Pros

Very open BPM platform, can be connected to multiple platforms

Cons

Usability, ease of use is reasonable but a little updated

Daniel M.
  • Industry: Insurance

The Use of ProcessMaker in Automating AXA Mansard's Business Processes

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

So far, at AXA Mansard, we have automated over thirty (30) business processes including critical ones. This for us, has reduced the delay witnessed in getting processes to be approved across the company thereby resulting in an increase in TAT (turn around time). Also, the ProcessMaker Sales and Support teams have been very helpful as they have always been prompt in resolving issues/complaints presented. They have also exhibited proactivity as they check on our experience with the software at intervals.

Pros

Its ease of creation of workflows , affordability and customer support

Cons

Its "escalation feature" is limited in functionality

Elizabeth E.

Excellent Innovation

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Approval workflow is something that plagued my organization for long but now, we use Processmaker to even give and seek approvals across geographical borders. Its awesome.

Pros

This is the best approval workflow software you will ever find. It saves us the stress of printing documents such as memo and taking it round offices for concurrence or approval. Process maker does the routing, excellent!

Cons

The fact that I have to save draft all the time so I don't lose my work. Let it start saving automatically and we will be good. It also logs out in a very short time.

Lee N.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Evolving platform that has ongoing potential

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Powerful tool that does require good knowledge of JavaScript, PHP and MySQL however as someone with just learning these codes I have implemented a number of processes. The support team are fantastic and will help you through coding issues. Feature requests are implemented quickly and overall we have seem an improvement internally with our processes. ProcessMaker are very receptive to feedback and appear to genuinely welcome feedback requests to improve their software. I put 3 stars for ease of use as I don't know PHP, JavaScript or MySQL but am learning as I go. Overall compared to other vendors I investigated, for the price point this is a very good tool.

Pros

Flexibility in process design, great support, good documentation, powerful tool, Mobile app

Cons

Output to PDF function is fairly basic in terms of layout and design.

Henry O.

My Experience with Process Maker Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

The solution has saved cost for my organization and has improved our turn around time.

Pros

The software makes manual processes faster. The software can be customized to suit business need and it enhancement on already built processes is very easy.

Cons

The fact that some codes written in old versions of the application will need to almost be written again upon upgrade to a new version.

Ethan P.

Powerful customization, many bugs

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Pros

ProcessMaker allows you to customize most aspects of your processes including the forms, the underlying logic, and email notifications. If you are asked to create a complicated system, it can probably keep up with you.

Cons

When we tried to use many of the features we discovered that there were bugs in those features. When I first setup a process, I had about 10 confirmed bugs in their bug tracker. It takes 6-12 months for bugs to get fixed in my experience and every time they release a minor update it fixes one of the bugs and adds a new one. For example, the search feature has been broken for several months now, so users have to use the reporting module to search for past cases. It runs much slower than the built in search.

Andrew O.

Review for ProcessMaker Workflow Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

I like that simple processes can be automated and put on workflows to improve efficiency of businesses.

Cons

I don't like that the pricing is quite expensive.

Pedro M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good BPM Framework

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

I developed some <BPM projects with ProcessMaker, its amazing because ProcessMaker its full oriented to enduser with BPMN 2.0

Pros

Objective and oriented to enduser like as email system

Cons

Dashboard component needs to evaluate more

Emily X.

Nice Product that do helps us a lot

Reviewed on 2017/01/28

We have been using ProcessMaker for our business workflow in different departments for the past 2 years. It has been giving us a lot benefit when talking about managing process and monitor the status of workflow.

Thanks to this product.

Laszlo V.

Very logical and contains almost all features we need. Handy tool.

Reviewed on 2018/02/05

Pros

- User friendly BPMN designer;
- Output document management possibility;
- Nice usage of PHP triggers;
- Customizable user interface (columns, case notes, csae descriptions, ...)

Cons

- Document management and searching capabilities are poor;
- Dynaform formatting is a bit complicated, previous versions gave more support.

Salman M.
  • Industry: Utilities

Review On Processmaker

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Overall experience. Okay, I would like to say about their support. Their support is fantastic and very quick. But the problem I faced in migration. Even they support for migration also but from different version to other version data migration is not possible. Processmaker should develop one stable version like 3.0.1.8 and also provide data migration from lowest version to the newest version.

Pros

This software is good where the user or company only needs to computerized their paperwork. Processmaker should add the capabilities for CRM -> Projects, Leads, Quotations, etc.

Cons

Every feature Processmaker includes is good and I almost use all features. All features are important and depend on workflow requirement. In some workflows, email feature is a very important mean while other workflows have other features that are important than email.

• Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

a straight and easy to use system

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Overall it is a good system to manager internal process. It is inexpensive and customer support is prompt although the team is no in united states.
When process are set up, it works seamlessly.
However, there is a bit difficulty to add new process.
Hope vendor can make the setting new process an easier step in the future

Pros

easy to use
easy to manage users
When process are set up, it works seamlessly.
However, there is a bit difficulty to add new proce

Cons

hard to add new process
However, there is a bit difficulty to add new process.
Hope vendor can make the setting new process an easier step in the future

Ala'a A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It's a very useful and helpful software.

Reviewed on 2018/01/20

Pros

I don't need to write a lot of code ,PM did lot of things instead and if not; there are a really good APIs and documentations. and I like how I can create email template as I want.

Cons

I think it has a weak point in reporting, i wish if i could get a sufficient reports about processes.

Paul R.
  • Industry: Program Development

Just Love using Process Maker

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

WAs able to learn how to use it and export models within a day. Work mates found it useful and are considering using it as well. The built in Dashboards made me look like a star

Pros

Ease of use an feature sets

Cons

I used to dislike their older interface but the latest release is sweet

Jasneet U.

It was different than Visio, which I am used to

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Pros

It was easy to create dynaforms and templates. I also found the ability to save dynaforms and import them very handy. I liked the overall look of the dynaform created

Cons

I found it extremely difficult to extract processes, then import them again. I had to redraw my processes. I also wish there was a way to align arrows horizontally and vertically, and equally space them.

Fuad S.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Really easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

Pros

Easy to use and gives my business more value. I installed really fast and start using with small capacitation.

Cons

I would like to have more youtube videos about the use and some small customizations. At this moment I don't have any problem that is why I don't have any concern or problem.

Response from ProcessMaker

Thanks for the review and recommendations. We are always trying to produce more videos.

Ali M.

MY COMPANY

Reviewed on 2016/07/30

IBM® intelligent business process management (BPM) solutions improve the visibility and control of your business processes. As a result, they can help differentiate your business from the competition, deliver the right goods and services and meet the demands of your customers for consistency and convenience.

Satya P.

Most User friendly and Powerful BPM suite

Reviewed on 2015/07/27

Pros :
Comprehensive (Design, Execute, Report and Administration) all at one place
Light weight
User friendly - Business Users can use it, no technical help required for most of the work.
Highly Customize-able
Horizontal and Vertical Scaleable Architecture
Plugin Architecture

Cons:
none

Experience : We have worked on this software for a almost 4 years and have found it that is suits all the needs of any large organization and practically I believe it can handle any kind of challenging requirement and above all can out perform any existing BPM suite.

Nurul haszeli A.

ProcessMaker Workflow ease our business process

Reviewed on 2016/02/26

I'm using the community edition and currently on the process of buying the license. I had to start with Standard package as the license for package that I really need is expensive.

On using it, it seem that ProcessMaker is easy to use to IT but still quite difficult to business user especially to beginners. However, with support and guidance from ProcessMaker local supplier, this 'problem' is eliminated.

Vijay M.

Build your process in minutes

Reviewed on 2015/09/05

Excellent workflow software
Process Designer is a smart tool to model your process with drag and drop components with no technical knowledge
Dynaform feature is the best easy to use and build form tool I have ever used in my career.
with easy to create forms, triggers, alerts, notifications in no time with a very minimal effort.
I recommend this to my clients.

Hakan D.

Hakan Duvarci

Reviewed on 2015/07/03

Hello Everyone,

I have implemented ProcessMaker to Renaissance Construction and Sisecam Glass Packaging Company as the project manager.

The software is very functional, user friendly and easy to maintain. Vendor always gives fast and enough support. The results are perfect. I highly recommend ProcessMaker to every organization.

Best Regards,
Hakan Duvarci

Abdessamad O.

Very good solution. Would recommend it

Reviewed on 2016/06/06

Pros :
Everythings runs smotthly and the workflow generator is TOP.

Cons :
Would be helpful if there was any jpeg export (for presentation purposes)
Objects Copy-Cut-Paste would be also great

Aamir C.

I found what i needed.

Reviewed on 2015/11/11

I tried processmaker for our HR flows and undoubtedly it is the one we needed. A simple wiki is there to help you out.
Thank you processmaker team.