Modernizing Medicine Reviews

Modernizing Medicine

Specialty-specific EHR & practice management software suite

4.2/5 (133 reviews)
Erik N.

EMA is the best ophthalmology EHR available.

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Our experience has been so excellent with both the EHR product itself as well as the Modernizing Medicine team that we have since adapted their practice management software as well. While using another practice management company we were able to directly contrast the customer support between the two companies...and there was no comparison. From implementation to troubleshooting, the support from Modernizing Medicine is far superior to anyone we have come across. The support team is reason enough to choose EMA over its competitors. Fortunately they also have a superior product to go with a great support team.
If you are considering an ophth EHR do not hesitate to go with Modernizing Medicine. You will not be disappointed. I have no financial incentive or other alternative motivation to promote this product. They have exceeded my expectations from the very beginning and I just really love this EHR!

Pros

The intuitive interface makes documentation far easier than any of the other systems we tested before choosing EMA. Even our more senior partners were able to adapt to this system coming from decades of paper charting only and without having to employ scribes.

Cons

We are ‘dead in the water’ on the very rare occasion that we loose internet connectivity. Currently there is no way to access prior patient records or testing since it is all stored on a cloud server. In 4 years of using this system we have only had this happen 2 or 3 times for a period of 1 hour to half a day. This has never been a problem with the EHR system itself but was either our internet service provider or once when there was an ‘attack’ on the amazon server system. Reverting back to paper at those times was a great way for us to realize how much we preferred documenting in EMA rather than paper!

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Good morning Dr. Niemi - Wow, thank you! We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and others considering our software. Thank you from the entire Modernizing Medicine team! -Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Adam B.

EHR of the Future

Reviewed on 2019/01/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We use the Modernizing Medicine EMA Orthopedic platform and are very happy to have found an EHR company that works with us and their other clients to make the system better for all. I also like the fact that each of the other EHR domains (ex. Derm, gastro, etc.) work together re utilizing tools already developed/solved for other domains instead of always having to design items from scratch, this dramatically improves the time from a "client system request" to "included in a release".

If you are in the market for an EHR, I would suggest you take a serious look at the EMA platform from Modernizing Medicine and then decide if the system is right for your practice. Modernizing Medicine is a great company to work with in solving your clinical workflow challenges.

Pros

Excellent technical support staff and training staff. The ModMed Programming team is constantly coming out with updates and additional needed/requested functionality. They are always open to listen and understand the problems faced by our clinical staff and providers in order to design, develop, and implement solutions to our problems. The staff from Modernizing Medicine is always delightful to deal with and they are fully supportive of delivering the best experience and easing documentation burden around the clinical visit compared to other EHRs

Cons

The system is designed around the physician workflow and smaller office staff, this system is not as user friendly for office staff not involved with the clinical visit when you get into a large, busy clinic. Many of the administrative features found in the larger client base systems are not found in this one. They are making progress on all of the above with each and every update!

Response from Tara W.

Dear Adam - We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us and others considering our software. We value the relationship we have with you and the entire MSK team. - Tara W., VP of Orthopedics & Pain Management

Bill H.

Reviewed on 2013/07/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I lead the Administration and Operations for a 5 physician, 4 physician extender dermatology practice. Prior to this position, I spent 17 years as a senior executive at Accenture, the world's largest technology consulting firm. In this role, I worked with many Fortune 100 companies and their technology vendors. Software company evaluation and selection is one of my areas of depth and experience.

Our practice spent over 1 year evaluating the EMR marketplace, watching closely as it evolved. We met with the sales and support personnel from the leading firms with Dermatology-specific solutions. In addition to features and functionality, we sought a partner with a vision, and the dedication and know-how to translate that vision to the market.

We selected Modernizing Medicine (M2) in Q3 2012 and are approaching 1 year with it in production.

I recently asked several of the physicians to share the best thing they like about M2 EMA. Their decidedly non-IT replies were - "it’s awesome, my patient visit documentation quality is stunning when compared to my old paper charts"; "it's amazing -it just keeps getting better with each release"; and "the coding accuracy, based on the Dx codes, is brilliant".

Our pathology lab coordinator is effusive in her praise of EMA’s Cancer Log, and even more impressed with the fact that they value and adopt her input on how to make it easier to use.

Our medical assistants (MA’s) love the new body maps in the latest update - more accurate and anatomically correct. The “EMA runs in background” feature is helpful when patients sign consent forms; they no longer accidentally hit the "home" button and close EMA. Several of our MA’s and one physician extender had experience with M2 EMA’s leading competitor, and they tell me EMA is significantly better and much easier to use.

Given the size of our practice and the number of employees and providers, we elected the on-site training option. The trainers were young, dynamic, and impressive - not only in their knowledge of the software, but also their command of the business process flow within a dermatology practice.

We trained in August, 2012 and went live after Labor Day. We hoped Meaningful Use (MU) would be attainable over the last 3 months of 2012, but we had muted expectations given the magnitude of the transition. After 1 month of using EMA and running the helpful EMA MU reports, we "knew" we were going to attain MU. We attested on 12/14/12. The MU Progress reporting is outstanding, and the drill downs take you right to where MA corrections are needed or omissions were made.

It is obvious that the design of EMA is the work of physicians with deep clinical experience. The iPad and workstation platforms demonstrate the integration of advanced technology and streamlined dermatology office work-flow.

Above all else, we continue to be amazed with the quality and dedication of every M2 employee we interact with. From the leadership team to the newest employee, we are consistently impressed with their desire to answer our questions and to help us succeed. A front desk employee of ours noticed an inconsistency in a “last visit date” field in EMA and we brought it to Customer Support’s attention. When M2 confirmed we’d identified a bug, we were showered with praise and they fixed it immediately. It is clear they are intellectually and emotionally invested in making M2 EMA the best. I don't believe we've found another bug since.

After we selected EMA but early in our implementation approach, I had a software integration question. I asked to speak with someone in a leadership role on the “interface integration team”. Less than 4 hours later, Dan Cane called me at 7pm while I was watching my son play a baseball game. Dan spent 20-30 minutes discussing the pros/cons of the implementation and integration options I faced transitioning from our paper chart and legacy practice management system environment. How many other CEO’s could or would be willing to do that?

When we began our EMR software selection process, our biggest fear was selecting an EMR product/company that would be eclipsed by others in the marketplace. We no longer have any fear of the future. We are 100% sure we made the right decision, and we could not be more pleased to have M2 EMA as our EMR partner.

Brian C.

Reviewed on 2013/06/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am in a 2 person general dermatology and Mohs surgery practice. I was using a paper chart system prior to switching to EMA in 2011, and now have almost 12000 visits documented in EMA.

I always thought that when I left the military and entered private practice 16 years ago, I would adopt an EHR system very soon. I quickly realized that it was not easy to find a system out there that could match the efficiency of the single page progress note with anatomical figures that my practice like many others had been using for years.

I set a goal to find an EHR system that would make me more efficient, but still allow the convenience of documenting the visit on an anatomical figure like most dermatologists have done for years. I also wanted to be more accurate and complete with my documentation, and preferably be more productive. Finally, I wanted a system that would allow me to maximize face time with the patient and minimize the drudgery of all the paper work associated with patient care.

When I started evaluating EHR systems at different dermatology meetings in 2010 and 2011, I did not see a single system that met any of those goals. Then I stumbled upon the Modernizing Medicine booth at the AAD meeting In New Orleans. There was definitely a lot of interest in the product and I was immediately impressed. Finally, a system that appeared to be designed by a dermatologist with all my goals in mind.

I have to admit the implementation was not as easy as I expected. The product was relatively new at the time we began and far from perfect, but it has improved by leaps and bounds - and Modernizing Medicine continues to find ways to improve it regularly. Most of my staff has learned to use EMA very quickly, and brand new employees seem to adapt to EMA faster than they do to a paper chart. I estimate it took 6 months to be reasonably comfortable with the system, but with the improvements made in the program now, I suspect that time could be even less for a new user.

The coding feature of the program is I think one of its greatest strengths. I learned more about accurate coding in the first 6 months of using EMA than I had in 15 years of manual coding. The coding feature has not only shown me many areas where I was previously under coding, but has also highlighted visits where I previously may have lacked documentation to justify a code.

I always take clinical photos of biopsy sites to help me prepare for future surgery. This program does an excellent job of assigning the photo to the patient's visit with a label almost effortlessly. Filling out a pathology request and all the specimen jar labels use to be a pain in the neck with a paper chart. Now, all the pertinent information is collected from the note and in a few clicks the request and labels are done. Not a single call back from the path lab because they cannot read the path request form since we started EMA.

The ultimate goal of an excellent EHR system should be to make us a better doctor by allowing us to spend more time thinking about what is actually wrong with the patient, and to provide us tools to arrive at a diagnosis and treatment more accurately. With the ease of documentation and addition of some of the new features such as VisualDx, EMA is very close to achieving that ultimate goal for me.

Gilbert W.

Reviewed on 2013/04/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am the owner/doctor of a solo ophthalmology practice and just opened a little over a year ago. I only have two staff members: a receptionist and a tech. I wanted to start off right away with an electronic health record system because I didn't have much storage space in my new office. I also wanted to qualify for Meaningful Use. I was looking for a cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) system because it would minimize the amount of computer equipment needed and be easily accessible. I also wanted a system that would utilize the iPad, if possible.

I started with a company that had a very nice layout that displayed all the examination findings in one screen, but there were several major problems (watch out for these when you are shopping):
The javascript-based interface accessed through a web-browser had many bugs.

The IT team was poor. It was based in another country, so there was a problem coordinating time zones. There was also poor communication among the teams within the company. It took them 5 months of trying to program a bridge between my EHR and practice management (PM) systems, and by that time, I was just sick of the run-around that they gave me.

I could not find the time to program all of my impression/diagnosis code/plan algorithms. The default ones they packaged for me were inadequate.

I really wanted to use an iPad for my EHR. Even if I could access this EHR with the iPad Safari browser, the user interface was really designed for clicking with a mouse and using a PC keyboard.

I finally went to paper charts for a few months while shopping around for other EHR systems. I randomly got a Google ad for Modernizing Medicine while writing my email and decided to check them out. When I clicked on their ad, they were advertising for their ophthalmology app, but had not released it yet. A few months later, I looked again, and found that they had just released their ophthalmology app and that they were Meaningful Use certified. I signed up with them a few weeks later and have been with them for the past 6 months. I was up and running just in time for the last attestation period for Meaningful Use for 2012 (October 2012).

The company has been great to work with. The EHR to PM system bridge was completed within a few weeks. The online training was great and timely (we fit the sessions within a month and this gave me time to spare for going online in time for October 2012). Customer service has also been wonderful. They are continually making improvements.

The system is easy to use, and it comes packaged with impressions/plans that is already great. The time-saving program that makes most accessible the most common impressions/plans that you choose is really time-saving. I also love how it is "customizable" on the fly. If you don't like one of the pre-programmed items, you change it and it is saved for the next patient with the same presentation.

I am most impressed with their native iPad app. To me, it is the biggest selling point of Modernizing Medicine. When I signed up with Modernizing Medicine, they were, as far as I knew, the only cloud-based EHR with a native iPad app. The only other company with a native iPad app was one which was apparently pretty expensive and also required me to purchase an in-house server (another huge expense).

As a note, if you are in the market for an EHR in which you can use an iPad, don't be tricked by other companies which claim that you can use the iPad to navigate their program. Most of them use a remote desktop program in which the iPad is essentially mirroring the screen from a separate Microsoft Windows computer in your office (a former colleague of mine was duped this way). It is slow, because you are running the EHR 'secondhand,' and the iPad touch interface was never made to navigate through Microsoft Windows. If you see an ad from another company that shows an iPad with a screenshot that looks like a Microsoft Windows window, be wary!

The iPad interface of Modernizing Medicine is very easy to use (and easy to learn) and saves me a lot of time. With my previous EHR, it was still inconvenient to lug around a laptop from room to room or from a room to a table surface to use the mouse and keyboard to fill out charts. With EMA (Modernizing Medicine), I can fill out charts while I walk from room to room between patients. Electronic prescriptions are sent right through the app. I have one iPad for myself, and one for my tech. My staff love the program.

One of my iPads has a cellular data plan activated - the benefit of this is that it can still operate if the Internet connection in your office is down. I also can take the iPad from hospital to hospital if I need to do an off-site consult.

I have given Modernizing Medicine 5 stars in three of the rating categories. I gave 4 stars for the product quality, only because I have encountered bugs even if it is a very high quality product. However, I have never encountered an EHR that does not have bugs (my colleagues all tell me that their EHR systems have bugs). In addition, Modernizing Medicine has been very proactive in addressing bugs and making improvements.

Maria R.

EMA-Ophthalmology is well-designed for the specialty. It has great functionality & is user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

EMA-Ophthalmology is a great system and saves trees. Patients are impressed with not having to fill out paperwork, since our technicians update their medical history and current medications while they are dilating. We like not having to store paper records or maintain an expensive server.

Pros

The ModMed customer support is very responsive and professional. EMA's cloud-based design and integration with our practice management system has allowed our practice to be virtually paper-free. It took a bit of effort to get protocols set up to streamline our visit notes, but now it is a big time saver. The e-prescribing function and new office flow features are great.

We use the EMA app for iPads primarily, but the web version is also easy to use. I recently attended their annual conference and was thoroughly impressed with the company's sincere interest in user feedback to constantly improve their product.

Cons

There was one time (once in two years) when the system was unavailable for a couple of hours, but we used the "Paper EMA" sheets you can download and print as a back-up until it was restored. The only other negative we have noticed is that it is difficult for the system to bill corneal topography with the correct codes.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Hi Maria - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback about EMA with us and others. As always, if there's anything our team can assist with please do let us know. Take care! -Alex B. in Marketing

Alan G.

Modernizing Medicine Delivers!

Reviewed on 2019/05/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Mod Med has solved the overwhelming need for excellent documentation with the need to be able to see more patients than previously. EMA is phenomenal in this respect. We switched over to their practice management as the same responsiveness of the company is applied to this solution. Great company!

Pros

Once learned, this software has allowed me to increase my productivity by 4X. Seriously, I see 4X more new patients per month than I could previously and the documentation is perfect. Additionally, all patient encounter information is completed by the time the patient walks out of the office. I never have to work on charts after hours and can watch TV or walk the dog after work like normal people do. I have had audits and was told that the documentation is the best they have ever seen. Additionally, it is constantly being updated and requests are almost always integrated into the next build within a few weeks. The company is phenomenally responsive to requests for improvements and tweaks.

Cons

The rapid development pace means new builds every few weeks or months and occasionally a coding error is introduced that requires correction with another new build the next day.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Good morning Dr. Gorenberg - We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share this valuable feedback with us and those considering our EHR and Practice Management systems. - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Patti C.

EMA Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Coding has increased our efficiency and bottom line.

Pros

We have EMA and MODMED PM , which saves us from bridging the systems. The physicians and staff have enjoyed the ease of the system. We are also happy with the continual updates. We have sent in suggestions for change over the past 2 years and many of those have been implemented. The support has been really helpful as well

Cons

The cost of the program and additional modules is substantial.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Hi Patti - We're happy to hear that using EMA and our PM system have helped bring efficiency to your practice. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!
-Holly A. Clinical Solutions Manager

Bishr A.

Best Dermatology EMR

Reviewed on 2018/12/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I bought a small dermatology practice and converted a paper practice to EMR- best decision I made because I am efficient, compliant, and can deliver great patient care.

Pros

Best dermatology EMR out there, very streamlined and easy to use. I am incredibly happy with my choice because it gives me efficiency, and it has very nice built in capabilities for dermatology. There is also analytics built into it which help you run all kinds of reports including CPT code, diagnosis, referring doctor, patient reports and many others. There is also a practice management system that fully integrates with the EMR so you can have all in one and no need for another. I personally use Kareo which integrates quite well with it. Great support team when you need them.

Cons

It is more costly than other EMRs but you get what you pay for- I would rather pay more for a better product.

Response from Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Hello! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your honest feedback with us and those considering our EHR, EMA. We're thrilled to hear you have been happy with your decision.

Barry H.

Very happy otolaryngology practice!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Mod Med was on our short list of four vendors for evaluation. Two were specialty specific, two were general. 1.5 years into our installation, we are SO GLAD that we selected this system and strategic vendor partner.

Pros

Doctors love the iPad device. We absorbed staff attrition because of system efficiencies, now doing the same clinical work with less staff. Practice Management has been a pleasant surprise. We now collect 10% better than with our previous system because of integrated clearing house and point-of-sale merchant services devices.

Cons

Mod Med is a dynamic company and constantly updating the products. We love that! The frequent updates requires you to keep up with release notes (we don't mind this) and sometimes a new release breaks old features (we don't appreciate this). There's still room for better alpha/beta testing. Additionally, Mod Med needs to enhance ancillary service features (audiology, allergy). We know those changes are on the road map, but we need them.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Good morning Barry - Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us and other considering our ENT EHR system. - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Linda D.

Great EMR product

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

Modernizing Medicine better known as EMA is by far one of the most user friendly and easy to navigate products on the market. I like the big print and colors that are easy on the eye. Using an EMR daily, 5 days a week requires many hours on your computer or tablet. Modernizing medicine has really taken the time to listen to their users to make a very well rounded product.

Cons

When in a patient's file it would be helpful to click on the results log within the patient's file. Not have to choose results log, input the patient's name, apply filters and then the pathology appears so I can enter my documentation.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Hi Linda - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review and some great product feedback as well. I will certainly pass this along to our teams as we love sharing our clients' success stories and areas to improve our products. Glad to have you as part of the Modernizing Medicine family! - Holly, Clinical Solutions Manager

Audrey R.

Finally a specialty EMR done right!

Reviewed on 2017/09/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall excellent software. It might cost more than some of the others but I believe it is worth it and should allow you to see more patients, therefore bring more money in, in the end. I came from working in a derm office using this platform and am now in Plastics and am desperately trying to convert my new practice to EMA Plastics.

Pros

They clearly listen to providers and are constantly making changes to improve their system. It comes with built in counseling, patient education, diagnosis codes, it codes all your office visits/procedures for you, keeps track of global periods, allows before and after image comparison (which is huge for stubborn acne teens), it is user friendly, works across desktops, ipads, iphones, the through the use of protocols, it can make charting go extremely fast!

Cons

There is always room for improvement but overall I can't really say anything that stands out for negatives. It would be nice if some of the standardized features like patient history, patient portal had some customizable features or the ability to rearrange topics for personal workflow, but it's nothing major.

Kathy S.

One of the first users

Reviewed on 2015/03/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software was easy to implement and fairly easy to learn. The ability to learn in the "sandbox" before going live with real patients was extremely helpful. As with all new programs, there is a learning curve, but based on comments from physicians in our area regarding their EMR programs, Modernizing Medicine was the easiest to learn and the least problematic. The support you receive is excellent. There is always someone to talk to about any problems or questions you may have.

Cons

The main problem we have is we kept our practice management system, which required Modernizing Medicine to create a bridge that allows the demographics to transfer from one program to the other. It only takes a minute; however, when the clinic is very busy, that minute seems more like 5. As far as the vendor, I can't think of any negative.

James R.

Overall great system that only misses on minor features

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

EMA has allowed us to cut down on the time that our providers spend entering notes by orders of magnitude over other systems we have tried.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. It is only missing a few small features that I think would make things easier. There is no way, for example, for a manager to get ability to view all tasks assigned to all staff members. Only the assigner and assignee can see the task.
Additionally, the system does not incorporate "." phrase programming for frequently used phrases.

Cons

It is expensive. Full licenses are relatively high priced and pricing faxing per fax sent puts that feature out of range for most busy practices, including ours.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Good morning James - Thank you so much for taking the time share your feedback with us and those considering our urology EHR. We will pass along your suggestions as well to our team here. -Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Linda D.

amazing work flow , MIPS usage extremely easy, good customer support

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

clear and accurate data to complete a visit with a patient in a timely manner. EMA integrates with our Billing software and make workflow easy daily for staff. The clicks of the system are minimal. From previous EMR's there is no comparison to the function of EMA. Good job to the developers and the continued software updates to improve functionality of the program.

Pros

Easy work flow and customer service is fabulous. The program allows easy usage of patients visit information and population of MIPS requirements. Pathology reports, consents and much more is very organized and minimal clicks to function.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Good morning, Linda - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review and feedback. We will certainly pass this along to our teams as we love sharing our clients' success stories. We're glad to have you as part of the Modernizing Medicine family!
-Alex B., Marketing at Modernizing Medicine

Phil M.

Look No Farther

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

After using other EMR's, EMA was a dream come true. I wouldn't want to run my practice without it. It is the first system that I found better—and it was FAR better—than paper.

Pros

It was quick and easy to use. I completed the training each evening on my own. The training was excellent and I was very ready to use it well the first day I went live.

It got better from there.

The program was essentially never down (maybe 15 minutes once in a year).

The staff loved the program. They also found it easy to learn and efficient to use. They loved the automation features.

Cons

Creating and modifying scheduling templates was complex for our office. Office supply inventory is not yet completed.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Dr. Mills, thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us and glad the training was beneficial. -Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Andrew F.

EMA as a great tool for a multi-location dermatology group.

Reviewed on 2015/02/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

EMA provides a very thorough set of tools with which to chart and track patient visits for Dermatology. It is visually pleasing, robust, easy to teach, and easy to navigate for Doctors and Staff alike. We have found that the software is able to document both routine and unusual visits with similar ease. Great features like "stickiness" make routine tasks increasingly simpler overtime.

As a company, EMA offers better than average support for routine problems, usually striving to fix issues quickly after being notified.

The software is robust and seldom has availability or speed problems.

Constant updates demonstrate Modernizing Medicine's commitment to keeping the software relevant and current, as well as increasing its functionality.

Overall, it has been a great tool to support our Medical staff in treating and managing patients.

We spent extra time and money to link EMA to our LIS and to our PM systems, and that has provided both great efficiency and higher quality data consistency (meaning less mistakes).

Cons

Because the software is web-based and centralized, it is not always suitable to unique needs or special requests of any specific practice. That said, most of our needs have been addressed within the software.

Tom M.

An EMR that puts the physician and patient first

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

Specialty-specific EMR built that is easy to use and intuitive. Assists with proper ICD-10 coding and use of modifiers. Additional modules for Pathology, Practice Management/Billing, Telemedicine, and MIPS reporting are available as integrated features. A proactive and responsive company that takes provider issues and input seriously.

Cons

The system is designed around an optimal workflow. As with any EMR, office workflows will need to be updated in order to align with the system's capabilities.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Tom, thank you for taking the time to share your review and for your continued support! -Alex B., Marketing

Caryn D.

Good Experience

Reviewed on 2018/05/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

good interface, works well for specialties- dermatology/orthopedics/ophthalmology, very detailed, easy to use,

Cons

does not interface super easily with payment system, have to click around a lot to get to where you want

Response from Holly

Thank you Caryn for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and others considering our product. We would recommend taking advantage of the feature release webinars which are posted on modmed® Central. They include a wealth of information that can help users become more efficient. Topics range from ePrescribing, to the Virtual Exam Room and updates to Previous Findings just to name a few.

If you ever need additional assistance, our support team can help as well! You can reach out to them at 561.880.2998 x2 or [email protected] Have a great week!

-Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Mark M.

EMR Heaven

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Pros

A dream product! Makes other EMRs look like a mechanical typewriter
EASY to use, makes charting a joy, fact and accurate. rare down times, made for the provider, billing PM system works well
A providers dream come true
can use on Laptop or IPAD
Simple and easy to customize

Cons

They do not have for primary care yet
It does not read my thoughts yet.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Hi Mark - We're so glad to hear about your positive experience with our EHR and PM systems. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! -Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Absolute best EHR System for Specialties

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

The easiest EHR system I have ever used and very applicable to the specific specialty (at least from mt experience-- Dermatology)

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to learn, easy to use and saves A LOT of time for the doctor/provider or medical assistants/scribes.

Cons

More customization features specifically for one's practice would be nice however it is a stand out product as is

Response from Modernizing Medicine

We so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and those considering our EHR system. Thank you! - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Charity A.

The schedule is development's redheaded stepchild

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

EMA is robust, and the PM system has come a long way in the past few years. Medical documentation is vital (EMA), and the billing portion of the PM has understandably received more attention and more advancement than the scheduling portion. Hence my title.

Pros

Integration with Relatient for appointment confirmations

Cons

The list is long, but here are a few highlights: -Desperately need permissions granularity by user and by appt category (preference group). -When an account is inactivated users are still able to set appts. Not ok. Inactivating an account should disable it from a scheduling perspective. -As an administrator I'm spending way too much time changing the templating daily. The templating is simplistic and clunky as far as edits to existing template. Needs a delete option of "from today's date forward" and not just "delete all" or "delete this single one". -The schedule block feature should be granular; not all users should have that permission. I also need to be able to make recurring blocks, to be able to choose the date in the block window and not have to go to that date in order to block (which if you're in a week view is a PIA), and need to be able to choose a date range. -The schedule grid was not optimally designed for a multi-provider practice that wants to "view all providers here today". Each time I go to the schedule I have to reload every doc. Would like to be able to choose a default schedule that could be user preset that would load with some sort of default button, or at the very least have the system keep the memory sticky of the way I had it loaded when I left that screen. Way too many clicks right now. -Canceling appointments requires too many clicks. -Need a drag and drop feature from one provider's schedule to another.

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Dear Charity - Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. I have personally shared this with our product teams here for review. Our support team will be reaching out directly to you to assist on several of the items noted. - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

5.0/10
Loyd G.

Great EMR

Reviewed on 2018/12/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall it is great. Best on market for derm. I am very happy and think it is the best by far for derm.

Pros

Very easy to use. Based on an iPad. Very intuitive. Staff likes using it also. Updates are say to get.

Cons

Can get pricey. They should not charge for pathology reports but do. Should give more discounts for multiple users.

Response from Holly A.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us and those considering our EHR software. It's greatly appreciated! -Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Mark G.

Best Dermatology EMR out there!!

Reviewed on 2018/12/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We’ve used EMA for about eight years and the PM system for 2 1/2 and have been very pleased.
They continue to evolve the system making it better every year.

Pros

The best EMR for Dermatology on the market (we’ve had three)
Fully integrated PM, Path and clinical in one system

Cons

Meeting meaningful use criteria has made some aspects more cumbersome (a reflection of MU more than ModMed)

Response from Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback about our EMR and PM software! Glad you have had a positive experience.

Larry F.

EMR for Derm

Reviewed on 2019/07/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am able to document my interactions with dermatology patients who usually have multiple Chief Complaints and multiple procedures quickly and efficiently

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to document lesions and their treatment

Cons

Fairly expensive and ongoing support is not cheap

Response from Modernizing Medicine

Hi Dr. Feldman - Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback with others considering our EHR system. Glad to have you and ClearlyDerm as part of the Modernizing Medicine family! - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager