Clubhouse

Project management platform for software development teams

De ville W.

Clubhouse is all the software project management you need without the clutter and noise

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Clubhouse has been a game-changer for us since we migrated from JIRA. We looked for something that was more lightweight, but still afforded us all the features we need to track our software projects. This is exactly what Clubhouse delivered, and more. I love the fact that Clubhouse gives you everything you need to track a project from the granularity of a sub-task, all the way up to milestones. This makes it easy to distinguish the forest from the trees, and present the relevant story to stakeholders at different levels. We haven't regretted the move to Clubhouse for a single moment, and we're always delighted with the new features that are regularly released. Simply put, Clubhouse gets out of your way very quickly and lets you get on with your actual goal: creating great software.

Pros

- Clean user interface
- Fast search
- Continuously adding of new, useful features
- Great integrations
- Free for teams of up to 10 users

Cons

- This is mostly me nitpicking, but I'd say reporting. It has been improving over time though.
- It would also be great if there was a tool for simplifying backlog grooming

Ashok F.

Perfect Balance Between Simplicity and Power

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Clubhouse has given us a great workflow which minimises the reliance on human input while maximising the oversight we have on the work we have in progress. For our team it strikes the perfect balance between the simplicity of Trello with the best bits of more powerful tools like Jira - minus all of the bloat.

I would highly recommend it for the sake that because it's developer focused, our developers actually don't mind using it. At the end of the day, your tool is only going to be as good as the effort your team is willing to put into using it so this is definitely something that isn't to be overlooked.

Pros

Unlike other agile management platforms, Clubhouse is setup that you can get a lot of value from the simple Kanban board with the option to go deeper and track more in depth insights into the progress of your work.

We moved to Clubhouse from a setup of Trello with a ton of extensions to help manage the extra tracking we wanted to be doing, and I think the best analogy I can make is that Clubhouse is like Trello on steroids. But in saying that, it's far simpler and more effective than other bloated tracking software like Jira or Pivotal Tracker - which in my opinion try to please the managers who want a lot of fancy yet ultimately meaningless metrics at the expense of user experience for the development team who ultimately has to spend time keeping it up to date.

The GitHub integration which automatically moves cards as they progress through pull requests is a great example of how Clubhouse has considered that the development team is ultimately the user of the platform, and should be designed around getting them to use it effectively rather than bloating it for the sake of what management think looks good.

Cons

There isn't anything major that I would complain about, but there are some improvements like showing epic burn down charts by points instead of the number of stories that I've asked for a few times but haven't been implemented.

The reporting functionality also has a few bugs, but nothing major that stops it from being valuable.

Great Project/Product Management tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

I have personally used Clubhouse at 2 organizations, as well as other competing tools. Clubhouse has provided the best overall tool for ticketing and project management without a steep learning curve. Organization and searchability is key when managing several developers, stakeholders, teams, and business. Therefore, Clubhouse keeps me on top of stuff while prioritize and deprioritize easily and quickly.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of the software - Clubhouse is extremely easy to learn and provides the ability to mold the software and functionality to your team's workflows.
Additionally, the Clubhouse team is continuously adding new integration and features that are best practice for most modern and agile product & tech teams.

Cons

Not necessarily a specific con to Clubhouse but in general for all project management tools. Given the need for detailed requirements, it is necessary to write a lot of content on tickets. As such, the mobile experience is not on part with the browser desktop experience. That being said, I tend to create shell tickets on the mobile app or mobile view, then complete the tickets on a desktop when I have full functionality and familiarity.

• Industry: Media Production

Associate Product Manager

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

It has been a great experience from onboarding until now. The global search functionality is great and always helps me find what I am looking for. Ability to attach any files to my tickets is great. And the GitHub integration where I can keep track of the pull requests for the assigned ticket is very helpful.

Pros

- Ease of use
- The UI is easy to navigate
- Perfect for our team structure

Cons

Have only ever run into a few minor issues:

1. Setting up the backlog of our stories to prioritize
- Solution: If you have a ticket that you would like to appear in the backlog. Set the owner as yourself(Product Manager) and set the state to Unscheduled. And we also set up the filters for the backlog to display tickets that have a PM as the owner and are unscheduled.

2. Estimate section of ticket creation - would attribute one point to one day of work, but not having the ability to set half a day of work because there is no 0.5 option

3. When copying plain text from a word file and pasting it into a ticket, I would like it to also appear as plain text

Tiffany W.

Clubhouse at a growing company

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Overall we enjoy clubhouse. It is lean and less complex than other work tracking tools. Additional reporting would be a huge win, but as mentioned above, we have utilized Clubhouse's API to create our own custom metrics.

Pros

Clubhouse makes it easy to view and organize work across projects. I like the ability to label things by Epic and create custom workspaces is super helpful. The Clubhouse API is useful for getting information about activity and creating our custom metric reporting.

Cons

The reporting isn't very useful. I feel it is geared toward project management reporting and we don't use project management. I would like to be able to see quality related reports (how many bugs were created/resolved, projects with the most reported bugs, number of bugs created by epic/project. It would also be nice to have the ability to set a Release Date and Production/Testing field on cards so that we can track when features/projects go to production and whether bugs were released as well, or caught during testing.

Luke L.

Simple and Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

We switched from Jira to Clubhouse several months ago. The main pain point we had with Jira was how difficult it was to coordinate and view progress for a team that works on "separate" projects that interact with each other. In Jira, you can only view one project at a time.

With Clubhouse, all stories are in one backlog, which is a little daunting at first glance, but really powerful when you combine the filter/facets on the left side of the stories view. I can filter the swim-lane view to only see the stories I care about. (e.g.: Create a label for a team's sprint and apply that label to those stories, then I can create a filter that only shows stories with that label, and now I have a sprint view.) The flexibility of Clubhouse is incredible.

On top of that, it's a super fast and responsive web app.

Also the REST API is really well documented and allows you to do pretty much anything you can do in the app, and we've used it successfully to create integrations with other tools that we use.

Pros

Clubhouse is extremely simple and intutive. It doesn't force you into certain paradigms or organizing your workspace to their specific way. It's a really flexible tool that works really well and gets out of the way.

Cons

Probably my least favorite part is that it doesn't have a concept of a sprint built-in to it, but this is not really a deal breaker. It's really easy to just create a label that defines your sprint and apply that label to all the stories that are in your sprint.

• Industry: Sporting Goods

Clubhouse? More like ClubWOW!!!!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Clubhouse helps us manage individuals, teams, and projects. As a Product Manager, I integrated Clubhouse with Salesforce where we process support tickets and feature requests. Having the two synced together makes it easier for our engineers to efficiently process tickets. Being able to create multiple team spaces and "views" is really helpful is well. I never have to wonder about the progress of a project with Clubhouse.

Pros

I like that they provide you with so many different views of projects. For example, I can easily track burn rate for projects, individual contributor process, story progress, etc. It is feature rich, yet lightweight. I have never found myself needing something that Clubhouse couldn't offer.

Cons

As a negative person, I honestly can't think of anything!

Flexible project management for a small SAAS team

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

- I can create a different view for each of my standing weekly meetings, so I can quickly filter to just the items I need to view at the time.
- Labels are flexible and powerful enough to help organize and track varying needs.
- The structure meets differing needs across roles, R&D, Education, Development, QA, Product

Cons

- The software is so flexible that defining the "right" way to use it is very difficult starting off.
- I suppose this is a risk with any software in this space, but there is a danger of losing items if they are excluded from all your standard views. This means that you have to build a view just to look for those lost items. We call them our "Oops" queues.

Jason H.

Clubhouse is perfect for our team

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

We have much more clarity of what we have in progress, and are able to see the future timelines much more clearly.

Pros

It's very easy to use. I have used other similar software for project management in the Agile process, and this has all the best needed features without all the complexity. Just the right amount of features to make our team productive and integrate with other tools. Our entire team really enjoys how it works, and planning is simple with how we use project, epics, and milestones. Also the price for our small team is great for our small growing company.

Cons

Some of the integrations with 3rd party tools like slack are not fully flushed out and I wish could be a little more granular. There have also been a couple of occasions where it wasn't clear on generating some report data for a very specific

Wei chen Y.

Ease to use and keep our dev team aligned on to-do task

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

We're using Clubhouse for software development project management tools. We're practicing weekly sprint methodology and it will be much more better if there is better feature support sprint as we currently using label to group weekly sprint stories.

Also looking for a convenience way to set story priority by team members.

Pros

- Ease to use interface
- Integration to the Slack for notification
- Separation by project team and Epic can host story cross project
- Estimate points for us to use as KPI tracking
- Integration to Gitlab

Cons

- Looking to have reply to a particular story comment. Now only able to add Reaction emoji to the comment
- Export feature based on selected date range

Far and away the best tool for tracking a software project

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

- Intuitive user interface and very polished design
- The right balance between feature set and usability
- Support for custom workflows and excellent GitHub integration
- Integrates with a growing list of third party services
- Very reliable and performant
- Regularly updated with new features

Cons

- Not as many direct integrations yet with third party services compared to its more established competitors. Zapier can bridge the gap in the meantime.

Clubhouse = peace of mind

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Clubhouse allows us to manage our product development + helps to streamline communication on projects between developers, PMs, and team leads. It's great!

Pros

- Very fast and clean
- UI only displays the required info, and requires minimal steps to make the desired changes
- Support for markdown
- Integration with git

Cons

- No epic templates
- Reporting could be improved/made more customizable
- No "roadmap"/resource planning features (beyond the Status view)

Frances W.

Pros & Cons

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

This is great for the product team and developers to plan out their sprints. You are able to identify tasks as features, fix or bugs. It's easy to see what everyone is working on, what's on deck, and what's a blocker. You're able to set up different projects (teams) and create projects that way.

Cons

It is very dedicated to the product team. It's not easy for marketing team to use because there is no calendar function and makes it hard to plan campaigns and put up our content calendar there. The terminology is also very confusing. It takes some time to get used to, and I did, but it was very hard when certains words like "project" is already often referred to an actual project/campaign versus a team.

Jules C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Souped up Trello

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

We run our kanban product development process using Clubhouse. However the business teams still use Trello as the source of their problems/ideas as Clubhouse is seen as overkill. That does mean we need to rewrite the cards once we 'accept' them into clubhouse.

Pros

It's pretty easy to add new cards. I like the automatic integration with Github branches.

Cons

The relatively limited ability to pull reports and export the data to a format of my choice.
I find the colour palette a bit jarring and the overall interface quite cluttered.

Project and team management made in the right way

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

I'm really happy with Clubhouse because improves my productivity and allows me to focus on work instead of trying to keep things ordered.

Pros

Clubhouse is great when it comes to keep your project clean, updated and with great visibility. The filters are an advanced tool made easy for anyone to use. It's realtime feature is awesome because you won't lose any change made by others and you don't need to refresh the page time to time.

Cons

Sometimes I had the feeling that the page becomes slow and unresponsive but that's something in the past. Clubhouse team made a great job on performance improvements and now it works great.

Mason L.

Every Function In One Tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

It's amazing that Clubhouse is full featured enough and flexible to handle everything from our Sales & Marketing initiatives to managing our product roadmap. It's a godsend to have every employee utilizing the same tool for PM.

Cons

Because the platform is so flexible there are domain specific features that are left out. The ability to reject a developers submission is a big one that our engineering team misses

• Industry: Entertainment

Great Trello Replacement!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

Fantastic Kanban tool. If you’re looking for a replacement for Trello that’s more grown up, this is your tool.

Cons

It is very Kanban oriented, i.e. if you are on a scrum based process, don’t expect it to work perfectly without a lot of tweaks.

Dennis L.

Coolest story board app to date

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Clubhouse is a primary app used in our team. It's Trello on crack.

Pros

Clubhouse is quite simple to get up and running, as well as customized. It's powerful, with a lot of features. With it's Github intergration, Clubhouse is quite possibly the most used product on our team. With the new sprint feature, it's been phenomenal.

Cons

The app on Android is a bit buggy. It's sometimes hit or miss with the git integration, some stories don't get linked even when following the docs, though I could be doing something wrong.

Fantastic Tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

It is so nice to have something consistent yet configurable for multiple teams. It is easy to use and train others to use. I'm a fan!!!

Pros

Clubhouse is so easy to use and customize. I am the Project Manger for 3 teams and each uses the tool differently but all are much more efficient than using our previous tool.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing I've found that I don't like!

Amanda P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great product for small teams

Reviewed on 2019/04/27

Pros

I love how intuitive and easy to use the software is. The pricing is great if you're a team of less than 10.

Cons

What I don't like is that it gets very expensive once you are a team of 11 or more. For startups, this is just not a feasible price. However, if you're a team of 10 or less, it's very reasonable and feasible.

Alex W.
  • Industry: Design

Clubhouse is Great

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Our company had a mishap a few months ago when a remote employee archived and deleted all of our projects for one of our clients. The support team helped right away and got everything back for us so we didn't have to recreate all that again. No complaints about this platform.

Pros

- The ability to filter with tasks owned by me

Cons

- MB size restriction when sharing files

Ashley Z.

CH for the Win!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Overall, my experience with CH has been amazing. Your team has helped me implement this software in a seamless manner and I couldn’t ask for more than that …. Except for the features above. Haha

Pros

The Client Success team is amazing, especially rep. I have just begun integrating my team into using Clubhouse as our main PM tool and she is a HUGE factor in the seamless transition my team has experienced. Also, the UI is very intuitive. The help center is filled with amazing resources that will help the new and experienced users.

Cons

There are a few features that would make the software perfect for my team.
1. The ability to make templates outside of just stories, especially projects.
2. The ability to track time in increments rather than starting and stopping a timer.
3. Custom fields within projects to be able to create triggers from SF to CH.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Revolutionize your software project management

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Seriously revolutionized our company software project management!

Pros

Great UI, logical division into categories -> milestones -> epics -> stories -> tasks
Easy to add relationship between stories

Cons

Some finer resolution on epic editing and batch operations

Switched over from Jira and couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

We're a small team used to just planning things verbally but as we've started growing it was time to track tasks properly. We started off with Jira that non of us could stick to or understand then moved over to clubhouse and we all use it daily!

Cons

Took a while to get our heads around all the terms

Clubhouse Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

It's been very good and has provided transparency into other team's workload and timing for completion of a variety of different tasks like product roadmap, bugs, feature requests, among others.

Pros

Great visual organization and insights into cross-team functions. Our use is mainly as a ticketing system for development, engineering and product tasks. Working on the client side, Clubhouse allows us to submit both internal and external requests and properly use custom labels and tags to organize and analyze our work.

Cons

It's catered more towards developers and not as user friendly from a client/account management perspective. Requires some customization to make it fit your teams role.