Wipster

Cloud-based video review & digital asset management solution

Brad

Wipster is crucial to our workflow.

Reviewed on 2021/11/17

Wipster is a great app that has made collaborating with clients, creatives and team members on video productions and projects much easier and more streamlined. The ability to pause videos and leave notes at that exact point in the video is crucial to our feedback and collaboration process - and the clients love it too. They feel more involved with the project and can specify exactly what changes they need.

Pros

Wipster is a very handy app for a visual studio like ours. We use Wipster daily to get feedback on storyboards, style frames and videos we are creating for our clients.

Wipster allows our clients to open a video or storyboard and make comments and feedback exactly where the input is relevant. In-app comments and discussions can be made by all team members and stakeholders working on the video or storyboard.

Wipster is an invaluable app for the day-to-day running of our studio and has been an instrumental tool in helping create the productions that make our clients happy. Another great feature is that we linked Wipster to our studio's Slack account. Whenever a client or team member makes a comment or an update to the production we are notified on Slack - which has proven to be very useful too.

Cons

To be honest there is not much we dislike about Wipster. Everything works as it should and it is a very user-friendly app to use. The only issue we have had in the past is some login issues for some of our clients wanting to review work - but these are nornmaly sorted out within a few hours max.

Gabriel

Wipster is Amazing!

Reviewed on 2023/01/26

Hipster greatly facilitates the download by the end customer and also the approval of the stages.

Pros

The Wipster platform facilitates the entire process of approving a video with the end customer. Having separate comments from each person on the client team is fantastic, for example.

Cons

The only thing I still don't like about the platform is not being able to flip the screen horizontally in the mobile app version.

ANDREW
ANDREW
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for video and animation companies

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

It was easy to follow notes from the client and internal teams. It helped to view the videos and see notes and any changes wanted instantly. I could also print out the notes in a spreadsheet. It would work great for animation and video production companies.

Pros

It worked great for reviewing client and internal team notes on some animated videos I worked on. It was easy to follow the notes and timestamp of what note the team had or the client had. It let you upload different updates and versions as well.

Cons

I was a little hard to find different versions of the videos I updated at first but was ok after learning a bit and navigating around.

Matt
  • Industry: Media Production

Wipster makes feedback easy!

Reviewed on 2021/11/08

We're getting feedback faster and clearer than ever before. It minimises time spent trying to decipher where a comment might be applicable.

Pros

Wipster is super simple and easy for our clients to use. The interactive nature means we get super direct and focused feedback, minimizing confusion.

Cons

I'd like to see further implementation with third-party apps (like Premiere or Final Cut) that allow for syncing across the board.

Sarah

A faithful user

Reviewed on 2022/09/30

We used to have Wipster in my previous agency,
As soon as I created my own agency, Wipster was my...

We used to have Wipster in my previous agency,
As soon as I created my own agency, Wipster was my first tool.

Pros

I use Wipster everyday since 2018
Makes me gain like 2 hours per day
Very easy to use and to explain to me clients

Cons

Bugs sometimes
Didn’t try ne new review tool yet …

Nick

Near flawless video review site.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Efficiency
Accuracy of review
Better communication

Efficiency
Accuracy of review
Better communication

Pros

-Extremely easy to use and get other people to use.
-Using the program makes me more efficient at my job
-Using the program makes video review a very straightforward process.
-Wouldn't know how to review a video without it

Cons

Pricing. Don't like the tiers. Other similar options are available for a cheaper price, though the interface isn't as user friendly.

lynn
  • Industry: Entertainment

A great way to get approvals

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Overall, it has served our team well, for the projects we use it for.

Overall, it has served our team well, for the projects we use it for.

Pros

This is a great solution to disseminate videos to team members who are spread out in different locations, for the approval process.

Cons

Some functionality can be spotty. Sometimes the screen will accept notes and sometimes it won't.

Nancy

I recommend Wipster to everybody

Reviewed on 2022/09/28

I really like Wipster. It meets my team's needs and is suitable for our size and activity level.

Pros

Wipster makes remote collaboration and review work super easy. I love how it can pin specific locations in a video or PDF and generates a comment sheet that's also a To-Do list. Passing on comments have never been easier.

Cons

It would be nice if 1. Wipster can recognize my device and stop asking me to input my info every time I open up a link. 2. Image can be pasted directly into the Attachment section. This would save so many steps -- or if Wipster can develop a screenshot/annotation tool then even better! 3. Wipster can add a simple annotation pencil tool that draws freehand marks ---- the dots and boxes are just not enough when I need to tell someone to move this object by 50px over to the right or to turn it by 30 degrees. I'm not looking for Miro level annotation but a simple 360 degree line tool can help too.

Adam
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Wipster takes the ambiguity out of reviews

Reviewed on 2021/11/16

Ambiguous email feedback is a thing of the past. It's a quick and convenient way to manage getting edits in front of clients and team members and get concise (client dependant) feedback that is easy to work with and easy to see for all involved.

Pros

Commenting on specific areas of a video project makes it far more straightforward as an editor to pinpoint the exact spot the clients are referring to, making edits easy. The new ability to play at different speeds also allows for a much quicker review process helping my team speed up their workflow.

Cons

I wish there was more storage on the free version and that items in the bin didn't count towards your current storage. When you're over the storage, it's time-consuming to try and create the space.

Marcos
Marcos

Amazing team collaboration and video reviewing software!

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

For us (editors) working for several clients (who always have lot of thing to say about the creating process of their videos) this tool is incredible! Besides team and client collaboration and accurate messaging, the thing we love the most is the integration with Adobe Premiere and After Effects... Not only can you receive client and team feedback messages as markers on your timeline, but Wipster also encodes, uploades and shares your edits with the client or team members, without having to leave the editing program! Now that amazing!

Cons

Only two thing to say... At first we started trying the software to see if was worth paying for. They changed the pricing structure a couple of times during that period, which made us doubt...
Second, there are a couple bugs or minor errors that happen from time to time, for example, invitations to members o clients not being sent or received or whencreating subfolders and customizing them.

Andy
  • Industry: Animation

Essential Tool for our business

Reviewed on 2021/11/17

Pros

The ability to share videos with multiple parties for real time feedback

Cons

The iOS app, it does not work well. It does not remember my login and wont let me view PDFs

Dan

Handy and being constantly updated

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

I still have a few clients that have a few issues trying to work it out. But the team at Wipster have been so proactive with making the product better! It's crazy how far it's come in the last year! It's almost unrecognisable! The support team listen to all your questions, and there have been many feature requests that I've asked for that have been added. So great to feel valued and like they can craft the software to work better for me!

Great tool that's always getting better, and becoming an integral part of our review process.

Response from Wipster

Thanks for all of the great feedback Dan. While we are not always able to accommodate every feature request, we really value the input of our users, so thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us both here and through our support channels. We really appreciate it.

As far as the issues your clients are experiencing: If you haven't done so already, could you please drop us a line over on our support site? We're currently looking at ways to better improve the client experience, so any additional help you might be able to provide would be fantastic. Thank you!

Craig
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Synergy

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

I can have various clients commenting on a video at the same time, whilst they sit in different locations, they can view each other’s comments so that they’re not giving contradictory input. Streamlined client feedback.

Pros

Various stakeholders sitting all over the world can give input in unison

Cons

Slow upload, once your clip has been loaded successfully, it takes a while before you can share it. When you share a clip to allocates team members, don’t think there’s a handshake that says if the clip or link was sent successfully to the reciepient like WeTransfer does?

Response from Wipster

Thanks, Craig!

• Industry: Chemicals
  • Used for 1+ year

Collaboration on video editing is now an option with Wipster!

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

Love the user-friendliness of the feedback features on videos. You can now send a draft to nearly anyone and have them add feedback directly on the video in the place where it is most applicable.

Cons

Users are required to create a login in order to add comments to videos which is not very intuitive to older users.

Nick

Our company uses Wipster for post-production review of 10-15 videos monthly

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

I love Wipster. The site has single-handedly improved our video review process, streamlining post-production, reducing time spent going back and forth, consequently reducing costs (through time-saving) and improving production of the video department. Couple of bonus pros from the site: 1) encourages collaboration--as it is easy, user-friendly and can be done anywhere, anytime 2) makes a video editor better at their job (more organized)

The people at Wipster encourage feedback and consistently act on support issues.

I have no cons. Video playback will sometimes skip depending on your internet connection. But that is no fault of Wipsters.

Response from Wipster

Hello Nick, Glad to hear you're enjoying the app! We really appreciate hearing where the value is for you and what the bonus pros are. Thanks for the review!

Andre

Reviewed on 2021/11/16

Pros

Its very ease to use, all tools are easy to understand.

Cons

The client can not see the first feedback when I send the second feedback

Zach

Easy to use video review service

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Wipster has really changed the way we review videos internally and externally with our clients. Before we would send an email to our client with a private video link (via YouTube, Wistia, or somewhere else), and request they respond via email with their feedback.

Now, everything can happen right on Wipster. Makes it easy on us and our clients. In addition to being able to review videos on Wipster, our clients can download the videos there too! Another thing we don't have to worry about.

Response from Wipster

HI Zach, thanks for your review. So good to hear you're getting so much from Wipster. Making it easy is what we set out to do.

Mauricio
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Works good for customers

Reviewed on 2023/02/23

Pros

What I like most about Wipster is I can send a video to my customer and they can make notes right on the video shot they are wanting changed instead of sending me time codes.

Cons

What I dislike about Wipster is if you have a large project or need to send the video in a higher playback rate you have to pay for a monthly subscription.

Eric

Easy use, intuitive, and innovative video review platform!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

There have been others entering the market trying to capture what Wipster has set out to do, but Wipster is by far the leader in the industry when it comes to video review. I LOVE the fact that my clients can view the videos and comment directly on them, making it easier for them to convey their message to me as I work to produce great videos.

Response from Wipster

Hi Eric, thanks so much for your review. If we're making client review easier and you love the way clients use Wipster we've doing our job right.

Philip

Awesome video review software, love it!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Only used for a few months, but love everything about it so far! Great help videos!

Response from Wipster

Hi Philip, thanks for your feedback - glad to hear the help videos are ... well, helpful! If you haven't done so already drop us a line over on our support site and tell us how we can get that final star for our customer service. You can also tweet us at @wipsters. Thank you!

Amber

Love Wipster

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Wipster is so easy to use and easy for my team to review videos and comment. Wipster as a team really listen to what I have to say in terms of new features or functionality I suggest (or the wider community).

Response from Wipster

Hey Amber, Thanks! We appreciate our community taking the time to give feedback and contribute to how Wipster evolves.

Mick

Wipster is AWESOME!!!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

One of the biggest time wasters/hassle for me was getting video reviews from clients... now with Wipster this is now the easiest part of the work flow!

Response from Wipster

Thanks for your review Mick. This is exactly why we built Wipster, and we're happy to hear it's making life easier.

Arluah

Highly recommended software

Reviewed on 2022/11/24

Fantastic

Fantastic

Pros

Love the ability to make corrections right on the video

Cons

The only missing feature that my business would really value is the ability to upload and download from the app.

Ivan

Best online video review platform and IMPROVING!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Love this site and it's ability to help me move projects with clients forward!

Love this site and it's ability to help me move projects with clients forward!

Response from Wipster

Hey Ivan, great to hear that! Thanks for the stellar review.

alessio

Amazing tool to impress clients

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Pros

I love that my clients comments appear in my ttimeline!

Cons

at times its buggy buy i can definitely live with that!