Wipster

Cloud-based video review & digital asset management solution

4,2
4,6
Maverick L.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Wipster Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/02/09

I use it as the head of video in a large local government council in London. I adore it. I have been using it since 2013 when I was invited to become a tester for it by a client from another company who became head of marketing at wipster.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality. Workflow. Clients love it and it makes me look really professional and that I know what I’m doing

Cons

The mobile app is terrible and is only useful for viewing. That needs a shit load of work.

Response from Wipster

Thanks, Maverick!

Cameron S.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The perfect tool for freelance video producers and businesses that create video content

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Wipster has allowed my team to significantly cut down on our time spent communicating with our videographer to quickly get our video content modified and published. We used to communicate edits via email, but it was often ineffective leading to additional revisions needing to be done for breaks in communication.

Pros

- Timestamped commenting on videos
- Upload Multiple revisions
- Tags to track video from Draft to Publishing phase
- Adobe Integration/Extension allows for use of Wipster within Premiere!
- Can invite viewers to comment on videos without effecting user quota

Cons

- Integration with YouTube is currently not functional, but support assures me that they are working on resolving the issue (this is a feature I am really looking forward to so we can upload approved files directly to YouTube)
- 5 GB storage cap on free accounts limits our ability to work on full-resolution files, and the next tier jumps to 250 GB which is offered at a price unaffordable for a business link ours. I wish that the free tier had the option to buy storage add-ons like those offered to higher-tier accounts.

Syed R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Wipster – is a useful tool to create better content quickly with drag and drop action’

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

My overall experience with Wipsteris very good. As I mentioned, this tool is a versatile platform and anyone can finish their task with the reviews and comments of the client which is really convenient.

Pros

Wipester is a complete platform to create an amazing design and editing videos at an advanced level. I think a 1month free trial is a convenient option. Wipster allows you to track and collaborate while you are editing any videos and I absolutely like this. Wipster provides the facilities to review your work from anywhere and comment on those. Now, it’s easy for the creator to be notified by the client exactly what portion of the proof needs to change and they can work on that. I think this is an amazing option to minimize hassles. I would say much more functional than a similar priced tool.

Cons

I didn’t like the fact that the interfaces are not always user-friendly. Sometimes, the image previewing was difficult for me. I wish if they could have more elements to be more creative with the tool.

Jordan M.

It's getting there

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

We find Wipster very helpful for collaborating with our customers and getting feedback. It's a great tool for video.

Cons

I wish my customers could draw and circle things on the videos and images. It would also be helpful if the IOS app could view PDF files. It seems like wipster needs some more work. but It's on it's way to becoming a flawless tool.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Company size: Self Employed

Wipster Videos

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Overall, it has been a very good and powerful tool to sharing videos for review and approval. Other tools seem like they might work faster or have some interesting additional features, but I value a cheaper service that does the basics very well more than a more expensive service with a bunch of extra non-critical features.

Pros

Being able to share high quality videos with clients with a wide variety of share settings, and that the client can then comment directly on the video easily.

Cons

Unless the reviewer logs into Wipster, comments are a one-way conversation. 9 times out of 10, I have to send an email in order to respond to comments - rendering replys to comments in Wipster almost useless.

Marc P.

Use Wipster daily for video project reviews by clients and stake holders.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Improved productivity and project turnaround.

Pros

Software is fantastic for client reviews of video project work. Integrates very nicely with Adobe Premiere and other video editing software. Greatly improved productively by taking care of several steps in video reviewing by clients and publishing. Nicely integrated with Vimeo.

Cons

Had minor issue with uploading and sharing videos directly from Premiere which affected my workflow slightly however issue may be due to versioning of Adobe products .

Nicholas B.
Industry: Media Production

Where has then been all my life??

Reviewed on 2018/11/11

This product has completely changed the way I will go about seeking feedback on my video work. It's unreal how good the product is, how helpful and responsive the customer success team is and the user community is in the highest echelon of how user communities should be built and maintained.

Pros

The two way integration with Premiere Pro is simply astounding.

Cons

The Premiere Pro widget can be a little buggy at times.

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much for the kind words, Nicholas!

Best Video Review and Collaboration Platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Ease of review and collecting feedback from multiple people is seamless.

Pros

It's simple to use both on the backend and for clients. Comments can be easily added, and it's simple to send to clients for feedback.

Cons

The price to move up to the second level with more features is steep for a small business when compared to the lowest paid account.

Natalie S.
Industry: E-Learning

Love Wipster for my vlogs and course videos

Reviewed on 2019/01/27

Some of the most user friendly and useful software I've ever used. Love it

Pros

Super easy to use and give feedback. Cuts down so much to and fro between me and my video editor

Cons

Not being able to see previous version comments in the latest version so you can check what's been done

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much, Natalie! Easy to use software is key :)

Industry: Chemicals

Collaboration on video editing is now an option with Wipster!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

Love the user-friendliness of the feedback features on videos. You can now send a draft to nearly anyone and have them add feedback directly on the video in the place where it is most applicable.

Cons

Users are required to create a login in order to add comments to videos which is not very intuitive to older users.

Michael S.

A Solid Solution For The Video Review and Approval Process

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Wipster was fine. The client often went around the platform, emailing and calling without updating Wipster, but it was easy enough to update it myself, though a slight waste of time. Overall Wipster is a good looking platform that speeds up this aspect of post production. Client's feel comfortable enough using Wipster (when they remember to...)

Pros

It's a great way to manage video editing projects remotely with clients. The system for receiving edit notes is excellent and professional. This speeds up the workflow as one of the slowest parts of post production is waiting for a response from clients during the various rounds of editing.

Cons

Wipster is useful and one of the best platforms for managing editing notes from clients as a video editor. I think the only problem is the name. The name Wipster does not fit the industry I work in, but most people are aware of it and not bothered. The only problem, the name is a little silly sounding. It's competition has a better name and slightly better interface, so this is not the platrform I recommend first, but it's fine to work on.

Nick G.
Industry: Real Estate

Near flawless video review site.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Efficiency
Accuracy of review
Better communication

Pros

-Extremely easy to use and get other people to use.
-Using the program makes me more efficient at my job
-Using the program makes video review a very straightforward process.
-Wouldn't know how to review a video without it

Cons

Pricing. Don't like the tiers. Other similar options are available for a cheaper price, though the interface isn't as user friendly.

Lynn J.
Industry: Entertainment

A great way to get approvals

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Overall, it has served our team well, for the projects we use it for.

Pros

This is a great solution to disseminate videos to team members who are spread out in different locations, for the approval process.

Cons

Some functionality can be spotty. Sometimes the screen will accept notes and sometimes it won't.

Dan W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Perfect solution for collaboration and pre-publication review!

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

Easy collaboration

Pros

Wipster is a perfect solution for sharing with key stakeholders a version of a video before publishing for mass consumption - it saves from having to manage out-of-date YouTube links, and my team LOVES being able to comment right on the spot of the video they need to rather than trying to pinpoint the exact time and note when reviewing. HUGELY useful for international teams and large team review.

Cons

It's not cheap, and the plan options go from affordable to steep with nothing in between.

Andrew T.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for video and animation companies

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

It was easy to follow notes from the client and internal teams. It helped to view the videos and see notes and any changes wanted instantly. I could also print out the notes in a spreadsheet. It would work great for animation and video production companies.

Pros

It worked great for reviewing client and internal team notes on some animated videos I worked on. It was easy to follow the notes and timestamp of what note the team had or the client had. It let you upload different updates and versions as well.

Cons

I was a little hard to find different versions of the videos I updated at first but was ok after learning a bit and navigating around.

Dan B.

Handy and being constantly updated

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

I still have a few clients that have a few issues trying to work it out. But the team at Wipster have been so proactive with making the product better! It's crazy how far it's come in the last year! It's almost unrecognisable! The support team listen to all your questions, and there have been many feature requests that I've asked for that have been added. So great to feel valued and like they can craft the software to work better for me!

Great tool that's always getting better, and becoming an integral part of our review process.

Response from Wipster

Thanks for all of the great feedback Dan. While we are not always able to accommodate every feature request, we really value the input of our users, so thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us both here and through our support channels. We really appreciate it.

As far as the issues your clients are experiencing: If you haven't done so already, could you please drop us a line over on our support site? We're currently looking at ways to better improve the client experience, so any additional help you might be able to provide would be fantastic. Thank you!

Marcos G.

Amazing team collaboration and video reviewing software!

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

For us (editors) working for several clients (who always have lot of thing to say about the creating process of their videos) this tool is incredible! Besides team and client collaboration and accurate messaging, the thing we love the most is the integration with Adobe Premiere and After Effects... Not only can you receive client and team feedback messages as markers on your timeline, but Wipster also encodes, uploades and shares your edits with the client or team members, without having to leave the editing program! Now that amazing!

Cons

Only two thing to say... At first we started trying the software to see if was worth paying for. They changed the pricing structure a couple of times during that period, which made us doubt...
Second, there are a couple bugs or minor errors that happen from time to time, for example, invitations to members o clients not being sent or received or whencreating subfolders and customizing them.

Ruth K.

Streamline Your Content Approval Process

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Love the simplicity. Wipster saves invaluable time, and frustration, getting a team's feedback and/or approval.

Pros

Easy of use. Very intuitive interface. The ability to keep tabs on the team's feedback saved my sanity.

Cons

At first glance, the 'Pro' pricing seems reasonable, but the monthly charge is a bit high. Save big with the annual plan.

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much for taking the time, Ruth. We're glad to have restored sanity during the feedback process :)

Ben M.

A Real Game Changer

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Wipster is awesome! It has increased our productivity ten fold. Our review process in the past consisted of long email chains with too many words...OR...I would have to interpret the client's feedback, then make a screen capture of my own to explain it all. It would take a lot of time and I would procrastinate.

Wipster has changed all that. Now we just upload the video, share with clients and other staff, then wait for the feedback to roll in. Then it's all ready to go in a simple 'to-do' list.

In truth, there are still some glitches with it and I'm sure these will be ironed out as the platform evolves. The Wipster team are very committed and are improving things all the time.

Highly recommended.

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much for taking the time to give this review Ben. We really appreciate it! If you see any glitches please let us know over on our support site, or tweet us @wipsters. Sometimes bugs slip through the cracks and the development team are keen to address these. Thank you!

Craig D.
Industry: Telecommunications

Synergy

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

I can have various clients commenting on a video at the same time, whilst they sit in different locations, they can view each other’s comments so that they’re not giving contradictory input. Streamlined client feedback.

Pros

Various stakeholders sitting all over the world can give input in unison

Cons

Slow upload, once your clip has been loaded successfully, it takes a while before you can share it. When you share a clip to allocates team members, don’t think there’s a handshake that says if the clip or link was sent successfully to the reciepient like WeTransfer does?

Response from Wipster

Thanks, Craig!

Industry: Financial Services

I have used wipster for submitting and reviewing projects to clients and producers.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

The software has great options for sending work in progress videos, for feedback. It is a great tool to use especially when working in remotely from clients, or producers. It gives the options to give feedback and respond to feedback in specific timecodes.

Cons

It is a little hard to use for first time users, and the organization system feels a bit clunky at times, but once you get the hang of it is a great asset.

Mike G.

Great Video Hosting Service for Client Review

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

It's very easy to get videos uploaded and ready to send to clients with this software. Great modern interface that is intuitive without having to learn how to use it. Storage amount offered is very fair for the price compared to other services

Cons

Clients don't seem to want to take advantage of the review features of the website. For some reason prefer to email notes instead of using built in features.

Nick G.

Our company uses Wipster for post-production review of 10-15 videos monthly

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

I love Wipster. The site has single-handedly improved our video review process, streamlining post-production, reducing time spent going back and forth, consequently reducing costs (through time-saving) and improving production of the video department. Couple of bonus pros from the site: 1) encourages collaboration--as it is easy, user-friendly and can be done anywhere, anytime 2) makes a video editor better at their job (more organized)

The people at Wipster encourage feedback and consistently act on support issues.

I have no cons. Video playback will sometimes skip depending on your internet connection. But that is no fault of Wipsters.

Response from Wipster

Hello Nick, Glad to hear you're enjoying the app! We really appreciate hearing where the value is for you and what the bonus pros are. Thanks for the review!

Craig D.

Wipster is a game changer

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Before we started using Wipster, the review process at 12 Stars Media, a video production company in Indianapolis, was (for lack of a better word) pain-stacking. What Wipster has done was take a process of nearly a dozen steps (often doubled when multiple rounds of revisions were necessary), and reduced it to 3: Upload, collaborate, finalize.

Couple that with innovative, open and personable individuals behind it and we simply can't stop bragging on these guys. They have made video review easy and fun again!

Response from Wipster

Making video review fun and easy was why we built Wipster, and what drives us with every release, so that's the best feedback we could hope for. So happy to hear you're lovin' it at 12 Stars Media. Thanks for the review Craig!

Steve A.

Saves me hours

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

At Socialize we produce 3-4 videos a week, sometimes more. Our team is spread across NZ, US , the UK and Australia. Previously, communicating edits to the team and clients was a mess, trying to get the time codes right and explain what was needed would often add hours to out turnaround time.

With Wipster we have all but eliminated that wasted time, our editors know exactly what is required of them and and our clients can see exactly where their projects are at.

Great product, excellent support, looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Response from Wipster

Thanks Steve, so glad to hear Wipster is saving you time and working well for your team all over the world.