Wipster

Cloud-based video review & digital asset management solution

Cameron S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The perfect tool for freelance video producers and businesses that create video content

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Wipster has allowed my team to significantly cut down on our time spent communicating with our videographer to quickly get our video content modified and published. We used to communicate edits via email, but it was often ineffective leading to additional revisions needing to be done for breaks in communication.

Pros

- Timestamped commenting on videos
- Upload Multiple revisions
- Tags to track video from Draft to Publishing phase
- Adobe Integration/Extension allows for use of Wipster within Premiere!
- Can invite viewers to comment on videos without effecting user quota

Cons

- Integration with YouTube is currently not functional, but support assures me that they are working on resolving the issue (this is a feature I am really looking forward to so we can upload approved files directly to YouTube)
- 5 GB storage cap on free accounts limits our ability to work on full-resolution files, and the next tier jumps to 250 GB which is offered at a price unaffordable for a business link ours. I wish that the free tier had the option to buy storage add-ons like those offered to higher-tier accounts.

• Industry: Media Production

Wipster Videos

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Overall, it has been a very good and powerful tool to sharing videos for review and approval. Other tools seem like they might work faster or have some interesting additional features, but I value a cheaper service that does the basics very well more than a more expensive service with a bunch of extra non-critical features.

Pros

Being able to share high quality videos with clients with a wide variety of share settings, and that the client can then comment directly on the video easily.

Cons

Unless the reviewer logs into Wipster, comments are a one-way conversation. 9 times out of 10, I have to send an email in order to respond to comments - rendering replys to comments in Wipster almost useless.

Syed R.

Wipster – is a useful tool to create better content quickly with drag and drop action’

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

My overall experience with Wipsteris very good. As I mentioned, this tool is a versatile platform and anyone can finish their task with the reviews and comments of the client which is really convenient.

Pros

Wipester is a complete platform to create an amazing design and editing videos at an advanced level. I think a 1month free trial is a convenient option. Wipster allows you to track and collaborate while you are editing any videos and I absolutely like this. Wipster provides the facilities to review your work from anywhere and comment on those. Now, it’s easy for the creator to be notified by the client exactly what portion of the proof needs to change and they can work on that. I think this is an amazing option to minimize hassles. I would say much more functional than a similar priced tool.

Cons

I didn’t like the fact that the interfaces are not always user-friendly. Sometimes, the image previewing was difficult for me. I wish if they could have more elements to be more creative with the tool.

Dan B.

Handy and being constantly updated

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

I still have a few clients that have a few issues trying to work it out. But the team at Wipster have been so proactive with making the product better! It's crazy how far it's come in the last year! It's almost unrecognisable! The support team listen to all your questions, and there have been many feature requests that I've asked for that have been added. So great to feel valued and like they can craft the software to work better for me!

Great tool that's always getting better, and becoming an integral part of our review process.

Response from Wipster

Thanks for all of the great feedback Dan. While we are not always able to accommodate every feature request, we really value the input of our users, so thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us both here and through our support channels. We really appreciate it.

As far as the issues your clients are experiencing: If you haven't done so already, could you please drop us a line over on our support site? We're currently looking at ways to better improve the client experience, so any additional help you might be able to provide would be fantastic. Thank you!

Philip Z.

Awesome video review software, love it!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Only used for a few months, but love everything about it so far! Great help videos!

Response from Wipster

Hi Philip, thanks for your feedback - glad to hear the help videos are ... well, helpful! If you haven't done so already drop us a line over on our support site and tell us how we can get that final star for our customer service. You can also tweet us at @wipsters. Thank you!

Danny O.

Wipster has revolutionized our video feedback workflow!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Before I found Wipster, I used to upload videos to YouTube and have to essentially teach people how to give feedback that was actionable. With in-line commenting in Wipster, I've never had to teach anybody anything, and the feedback between me and my clients has been much more efficient and effective!

Response from Wipster

So great to hear it! Thanks for your review Danny.

Camila A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Have the opinions of your customers efficiently

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

It is an extremely useful software when you work for several clients and you need to know their opinion in order to continue with the process. It works very well with Adobe Premiere and a very efficient interface

Cons

The first thing that usually frustrates me is that, sometimes, bugs or small errors are generated. They are solved very easily refreshing the page, but can be tiresome.

Caitlin K.

A life-changing tool for you and your clients

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Wipster is a life changing tool that allows you to capture feedback from clients in a seamless, professional way. The client simply comments the changes they want directly on the video, and I can comment back on those changes, track todos, track versions, and more. I can't remember what life was like back when clients said stuff like.

Cons

It's pretty costly at /month. For a small, growing business on a budget, this tool for this price point is tough, but all-in-all it is a great app.

Maverick L.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Wipster Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/02/09

I use it as the head of video in a large local government council in London. I adore it. I have been using it since 2013 when I was invited to become a tester for it by a client from another company who became head of marketing at wipster.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality. Workflow. Clients love it and it makes me look really professional and that I know what I’m doing

Cons

The mobile app is terrible and is only useful for viewing. That needs a shit load of work.

Response from Wipster

Thanks, Maverick!

Marc P.

Use Wipster daily for video project reviews by clients and stake holders.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Improved productivity and project turnaround.

Pros

Software is fantastic for client reviews of video project work. Integrates very nicely with Adobe Premiere and other video editing software. Greatly improved productively by taking care of several steps in video reviewing by clients and publishing. Nicely integrated with Vimeo.

Cons

Had minor issue with uploading and sharing videos directly from Premiere which affected my workflow slightly however issue may be due to versioning of Adobe products .

• Industry: Chemicals
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Collaboration on video editing is now an option with Wipster!

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

Love the user-friendliness of the feedback features on videos. You can now send a draft to nearly anyone and have them add feedback directly on the video in the place where it is most applicable.

Cons

Users are required to create a login in order to add comments to videos which is not very intuitive to older users.

Michael S.
  • Industry: Media Production

A Solid Solution For The Video Review and Approval Process

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Wipster was fine. The client often went around the platform, emailing and calling without updating Wipster, but it was easy enough to update it myself, though a slight waste of time. Overall Wipster is a good looking platform that speeds up this aspect of post production. Client's feel comfortable enough using Wipster (when they remember to...)

Pros

It's a great way to manage video editing projects remotely with clients. The system for receiving edit notes is excellent and professional. This speeds up the workflow as one of the slowest parts of post production is waiting for a response from clients during the various rounds of editing.

Cons

Wipster is useful and one of the best platforms for managing editing notes from clients as a video editor. I think the only problem is the name. The name Wipster does not fit the industry I work in, but most people are aware of it and not bothered. The only problem, the name is a little silly sounding. It's competition has a better name and slightly better interface, so this is not the platrform I recommend first, but it's fine to work on.

I have used wipster for submitting and reviewing projects to clients and producers.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

The software has great options for sending work in progress videos, for feedback. It is a great tool to use especially when working in remotely from clients, or producers. It gives the options to give feedback and respond to feedback in specific timecodes.

Cons

It is a little hard to use for first time users, and the organization system feels a bit clunky at times, but once you get the hang of it is a great asset.

Steve A.

Saves me hours

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

At Socialize we produce 3-4 videos a week, sometimes more. Our team is spread across NZ, US , the UK and Australia. Previously, communicating edits to the team and clients was a mess, trying to get the time codes right and explain what was needed would often add hours to out turnaround time.

With Wipster we have all but eliminated that wasted time, our editors know exactly what is required of them and and our clients can see exactly where their projects are at.

Great product, excellent support, looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Response from Wipster

Thanks Steve, so glad to hear Wipster is saving you time and working well for your team all over the world.

Zach D.

Easy to use video review service

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Wipster has really changed the way we review videos internally and externally with our clients. Before we would send an email to our client with a private video link (via YouTube, Wistia, or somewhere else), and request they respond via email with their feedback.

Now, everything can happen right on Wipster. Makes it easy on us and our clients. In addition to being able to review videos on Wipster, our clients can download the videos there too! Another thing we don't have to worry about.

Response from Wipster

HI Zach, thanks for your review. So good to hear you're getting so much from Wipster. Making it easy is what we set out to do.

Andrei A.

Pros:
Quick playback
Great customer support

Cons:
some occasional bugs

Response from Wipster

Hello Andre, thank you for the feedback, and glad to hear you're enjoying the app!

You mentioned some occasional bugs: If you haven't already done so, could you please contact our support team and let them know what you're experiencing? While we try to ensure the best experience possible, sometimes bugs slip through the cracks and can be a bit tricky to track down. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Eric H.

Easy use, intuitive, and innovative video review platform!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

There have been others entering the market trying to capture what Wipster has set out to do, but Wipster is by far the leader in the industry when it comes to video review. I LOVE the fact that my clients can view the videos and comment directly on them, making it easier for them to convey their message to me as I work to produce great videos.

Response from Wipster

Hi Eric, thanks so much for your review. If we're making client review easier and you love the way clients use Wipster we've doing our job right.

Kalyn H.

Amazing process of video edits with multiple inputs!

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Excellent and easy web design for anyone with basic computer knowledge. We use this program to edit video and send out drafts to get different input. It provides invaluable advice and has truly brought our marketing team together.

Cons

Once you make one comment, the rest comes easy. The initial instructions are super clear but almost everyone figured it out within minutes. Also, users do have to create a login to put comments on a video.

Amber C.

Love Wipster

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Wipster is so easy to use and easy for my team to review videos and comment. Wipster as a team really listen to what I have to say in terms of new features or functionality I suggest (or the wider community).

Response from Wipster

Hey Amber, Thanks! We appreciate our community taking the time to give feedback and contribute to how Wipster evolves.

Mike C.

Easy to use, clean interface that just works.

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Fast. Mobile friendly and easy to use. I use it for clients all across the spectrum from internal to outside brands.

Response from Wipster

Thanks for the feedback Mike! Especially great to hear you're using Wipster mobile too.

Dan W.

Perfect solution for collaboration and pre-publication review!

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

Easy collaboration

Pros

Wipster is a perfect solution for sharing with key stakeholders a version of a video before publishing for mass consumption - it saves from having to manage out-of-date YouTube links, and my team LOVES being able to comment right on the spot of the video they need to rather than trying to pinpoint the exact time and note when reviewing. HUGELY useful for international teams and large team review.

Cons

It's not cheap, and the plan options go from affordable to steep with nothing in between.

Craig D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Synergy

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

I can have various clients commenting on a video at the same time, whilst they sit in different locations, they can view each other’s comments so that they’re not giving contradictory input. Streamlined client feedback.

Pros

Various stakeholders sitting all over the world can give input in unison

Cons

Slow upload, once your clip has been loaded successfully, it takes a while before you can share it. When you share a clip to allocates team members, don’t think there’s a handshake that says if the clip or link was sent successfully to the reciepient like WeTransfer does?

Response from Wipster

Thanks, Craig!

Leandro A.

Petrfect, but...

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Nice APP, but is bit expensive above 5 users. Price intermediary between $25 - $50 would it be nice. Missing mobile APP too.

Response from Wipster

Thank you for the feedback Leandro! We are currently working on a dedicated mobile app, though I don't yet have an ETA to share on when it will be available. In the meantime, have you gotten a chance to check out the mobile optimized web version? As far as pricing goes, what would you like to see for teams larger than 5? I can't promise anything, but we're aways open to hearing feedback. You can message us at support.wipster.io. Thank you!

Ray T.

Great Client Tool!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Very good video review tool for interaction with your clients. The beauty of Wipster is the simplicity of its user interface, almost a zero learning curve. That's the holy grail in my opinion.

Response from Wipster

Hey Ray, happy to hear that the simplicity of Wipster has made an impression. We're pretty proud of this review. Thanks!

Ueli S.

A huge Help!!!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Makes our Workflow with the client so much easier

Response from Wipster

Thanks Ueli, it's great to hear that the client workflow is easier. We created Wipster to keep this simple, so your feedback is awesome for all the team here at Wipster to read.