Trainual

Easy onboarding and training software for growing businesses

4,8
4,7
4,6
4,7
4,8
Sarah H.

So far so good!

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Our team has given us really good feedback about Trainual, and it makes a great first impression on new team members.

Pros

It's simple, pretty, and functional. No real complaints.

Cons

There are some nitpicky features and functions that I wish were available or that don't work quite the way I'd want them to. The search functionality gets on my nerves sometimes as it seems to load exactly the search result I'm looking for immediately but then a second later SEVERAL results load and the one I actually want (that's most relevant) jumps further down the list. If you are a speedy clicker and try to click it before the rest of the search results load (like me), it will take you to something completely different as the rest of the results will load right as you click. I do like that it *has* search functionality and when we have had to make wide-sweeping changes it is really nice to be able to hit the enter key and see not just results in whatever category you're in but in every aspect of your company. We have used other comparable software in the past and have never had true search functionality like this before.

Response from Trainual

Thanks so much for the great feedback, Sarah! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Just what our company needed!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Overall, Trainual is something that every company needs, big or small. It's important to have a process where you can train your employees and then test them to see if they understood what they just learned. Trainual helps you do that with ease and helps your whole team get up to speed at the same time.

Pros

Trainual allows you to easily create a way for your employees to learn of a new subject and then they can take a test to get tested on their knowledge of the subject after going through the training materials. For our large company, it allowed us to get our employees certified, so that we felt confident that they knew the new information on the new product we were rolling out.

Cons

There are no cons that I have been able to find.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to help get your team up to speed!

Mehdi L.

Get trained remotely with Trainual

just amazing

Pros

Easy to use even if you are not familiar with it

Cons

how tow create multitabs

Response from Trainual

Hi Mehdi! Thanks so much for your Trainual review! We're so happy that it's been easy to use, and we hope it's been impactful to your team. Please let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us! We're always here and happy to help.

Michael C.
Industry: Construction

Don't sign up for the free trial

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Really disappointed. We had high hopes.

Pros

We didn't have enough time in one week to take advantage of the software. We did find the software very expensive for what it was, and the page loads were very slow, but we also wanted more time to review before committing to what we saw as high monthly fees.

Cons

When I went to cancel the free trial, it was very difficult. I was forced to go through a customer service rep - by the time I managed to cancel, our free trial had ended and our credit card had been charged. I felt deceived. If this experience was better, I would have been more likely to consider them again in the future - we are now looking elsewhere. The customer experience after-the-fact was not a good one.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Raegan V.
Industry: Defense & Space

Trainual Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Very good! Aside from the quiz features.

Pros

Some things that I love about Trainual are the features where I can add media like videos and gifs.

Cons

There are a lot of ideas I have that would make Trainual more effective. For example, being able to play the videos right in Trainual without having to click a link and open a new tab. COLOR CUSTOMIZATION! I hate the light gray color for all of the buttons (save, next, etc) I wish it was literally any other color. But if it was customizable that would be even better. Also when creating a test there NEEDS to be an option to select how many questions/possible answers for a given test. Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions! What about definition matching or something else more interactive than multiple choice. And I wish you could turn off the feature where it shows the User what they got wrong. And the “essay” exams are NOT FUNCTIONAL because there is no way for the Administrator to review and approve the submissions. It just says 100% no matter what they write. For the Quiz portion of Trainual I rate it a 2/5. There is so much more development that needs to be happening here. Otherwise it’s a good platform.

Response from Trainual

Hi Raegan! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. A few of your suggestions have recently been updated in our platform, including a new "Dark Mode" feature, and PDF Imbeds which allows you to play videos (and much more!) right on the platform. We truly appreciate your suggestions and are always here if you have additional feedback!

Maggie D.
Industry: Hospitality

Best Decision we have made this year!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Using Trainual we are able to organize the content with have and share it consistently with our associates
at all properties.

Pros

Trainual is simple, user-friendly and fits our business needs perfectly. We are in the process of switching over from training our teams inconsistently to organizing and standardizing our processes with Trainual and we couldn't be more pleased with the product and service.

Cons

We need more "getting started" support - starting with a blank platform is a bit overwhelming.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Maggie! Our L&D Lead will be happy to help you with onboarding. Just email [email protected] with any questions.?

Sean M.

Priceless Tool for Streamlining and Growth

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Extremely positive. The tool flat out works. It's something that you get out what you put in. My recommendation for anyone looking into it is to have a strong plan and a devoted 'Trainual Champion' devoted to the buildout and implantation of the platform.

Pros

Trainual is far and away the best value for any platform we have used. It's hard to determine what's more impactful, the cost savings or the added revenue generated from staying organized and properly training our people. I strongly recommend this tool to anyone wanting to scale their business in a healthy and sustainable way.

Cons

The cons I experience are items the Trainual team is working on developing. Not many negatives to this technology.

Response from Trainual

Hello Sean! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your Trainual experience. We truly appreciate the kind words and are thrilled to hear that our software has been impactful to your business, from savings to training efficiency. We're always here if you have additional feedback or questions!

Kathryn B.
Industry: Retail

Positive Experience

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Overall my experience with Trainual has been positive and made policy and procedure writing a little easier and even fun!

Pros

Trainual has been great for getting us organized and having all our policies in one location. Assigning subjects and ease of use for employees has been really helpful.

Cons

I would like a signature page option for the agreements and handbook acknowledgement receipts.

Response from Trainual

Hi Kathryn! Thank you for the thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. We definitely understand your need for a signature option, and we'll be sure to let our Product Team know. We appreciate your continued support! Let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us!

Nikki V.

Trainual Transformed our Staff

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I love it! We will be using it for years!

Pros

Trainual was super easy to set up and get my staff training up to date. It is very intuitive so my staff were able to get started with minimal assistance.

Cons

I have to put in my own information. The templates Trainual has are amazing, I just wish I could click a button and all my manuals were magically entered!

Response from Trainual

Hi Nikki! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We hear you, a magic button for content would be AWESOME. We're glad to know that it's been otherwise beneficial to your training efforts, and we hope you continue to find it impactful to your team! Please let us know if you ever have additional feedback or questions.

Oleg P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

All-in-one platform for processes documenting

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/08/25

It was not easy to find a service to write down all the processes to delegate and share them. To organize company's wiki.

Pros

Roles management and access levels, course/position tracks, useful templates.

Cons

UX and ease to use may be improved. But they are adding more features regularly.

Response from Trainual

Hi Oleg! Thank you for sharing your Trainual review. We appreciate your feedback about UX and hope to continue improving your experience. Please let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback for us! We would always love to hear from you.

Matt L.

Game Changing Training

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Trainual has been the most valuable addition we've made to our franchise network in the past year. I recommend it often.

Pros

The Trainual platform is easy to use and has allowed us to scale our growth that would have been impossible with traditional training systems.

Cons

We need better testing and certification options. The testing isn't robust enough. Users need certifications to show they've achieved a certain level. This is important for motivation. It seems like an easy add that would add a lot of value. We're currently looking for testing and certification solutions from 3rd parties, but Trainual should be able to provide them quite easily.

Response from Trainual

Hey Matt, we're super pleased to hear we've helped you scale and grow your employees! I've actually gone through and added a feature request for certificates based on completion rate. We'll send over an update as soon as this becomes available.

Lynette G.

Great system

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/06/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Trainual solves almost all of our onboarding dilemmas, and the library of templates gets you going quickly.

Pros

The system looks utterly professional and modern with a clean, uncluttered UI, its the main reason we are selecting this product. Once customised with our branding it looked and felt like our own platform.
The website is responsive and its great that its available as a downloadable app and mobi site. The price is reasonable and flexible according to user numbers, and has a monthly payment option as opposed to a lot of other LMS systems requiring annual upfront payment.

Cons

Its disappointing that the LMS is not SCORM compliant or supportive of adding external course material. The content tools require expanding, colour fonts and custom backgrounds etc. If you are going to limit the instructor to compiling courses to using your own content tools only it has to sufficiently expansive to make your courses appealing. Gifs are not totally appropriate for a lot of courses while obviously a nice differentiator. Creativity is therefore limiting. I would like to also see that you are able to upload videos directly from your device, as opposed to being forced to using YouTube videos which looks less than professional.

Response from Trainual

Hi Lynette! Thank you so much for leaving your candid feedback of Trainual. We are delighted to hear that you like our UI and prebuilt templates.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Stephanie B.
Industry: Construction

Trainual is helpful beyond just the software

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Besides the software I really appreciate the podcasts and virtual classes that help businesses to be their best selves. Providing sessions on hiring, onboarding, and leading with empathy have been especially helpful for our team.

Pros

We didn't have written processes previous to using Trainual. This software has helped us get everything out of our heads and onto "paper" so that there is clear understanding across the board for what is expected from our employees and what they should expect from us as a company. It's easy to set up, easy to modify/customize, and easy to use. We are an HVAC contractor and not all of our employees are tech savvy. We've had no issues whatsoever in any of our employees using the software. And living in the new normal of social distancing this software has allowed us to hire, onboard, and train people virtually. We're better at these three items now than we ever were before and it's due to our use of Trainual.

Cons

I can't think of any issues we've had with the software.

Response from Trainual

Hi Stephanie, thanks for sharing your your Trainual experience. We're so excited to hear that implementation has been easy and that the platform has improved your processes and training! We hope it continues to positively impact your organization! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions or feedback as you're getting started.

Tonya K.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Training made SIMPLE!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Overall, trainual has been a lifesaver for me and my team. By using trainual as our training platform we are able to ramp up more new team members at one time and keep our open forums to high-level reviews of the material. This saves my trainers and supervisors hours of hand holding which in turn allows them to focus on their other daily tasks.

Pros

The use and navigation of the Trainual platform is simple and clear. My trainers are easily able to create new subjects within minutes. Also, having the ability to move entire sections from one subject to another makes life so much better. It would never work if we had to copy/paste and delete. We also love the reporting in Trainual. We can monitor our new trainees' progression and identify areas for improvement at a glance.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I don't like about trainual. It would be nice if we could choose our own color scheme to match that of our company.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Tonya - Glad we were able to simplify your process!

Perry P.
Industry: Real Estate

Changed how we grow our business

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Incredible. I wouldn't be without it now

Pros

The ease of creation is immense. Tests really ensure the team consume AND understand what they are learning.

Cons

Hmmm I genuingley cannot think of any cons right now

Response from Trainual

Hi Perry! Thank you for taking the time to leave your Trainual review. We're so happy to hear that Trainual has been impactful to you and your business! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional feedback or questions for us.

Jonathan L.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Trainual - Great to Have!

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

We have absolutely loved Trainual. The start of this year, we completely revamped our training program and with the support of Trainual software and their team, it has been a real game changer for us. We highly recommend this company and program to anyone and appreciate the continued support.

Pros

Easy to use and establish a whole training program for our entire team. Love that we can assign certain topics to team members, but also that they can go in and also request permission to other training we have built into the system.

Cons

The few instances where we have had recommendations and brought up to the Trainual team, they have been able to help us with a solution or have shown us how future versions of the software will address.

Response from Trainual

Thanks so much for the review, Jonathan! We are so happy to hear Trainual has been a game changer for your team! Stay tuned for more exciting things to come in 2019 :)

Sarah R.
Industry: Consumer Services

Training Make-over

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Overall it is great. Our business is set up with multiple locations across 4 states and it is has allowed the training to happen without the cost of long business trips. I would honestly say that Trainual helps me accomplish 80-90% of my goals with training and that really cuts down on the time and expenses spent traveling and training.

Pros

I love that I can add screenshots into the quizzes - it allows me to ensure that employees I have never met (due to hiring in a region I don't live in) understand what they are looking at. I love that in general I can have the benefit of a "hands-on" approach and thoroughly teach concepts and in actuality use up very little time to do so. Overall, Trainual is very helpful.

Cons

If I could change one thing - it would be Trainual creating the ability for us to upload videos directly to the website as opposed to having to go through youtube or Vimeo. Either the quality of the video is reduced by the time it gets to Trainual to the point where it's blurry and not really useful, or we have to pay a separate vendor to upload the videos, or we have to upload slowly over time. If that aspect were changed, I would give this software an 11/10.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the feedback, Sarah! An in-app video platform is definitely on the roadmap. :)

Renee U.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Trainual Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Its a great overall training program for all of our staff to access. It makes it easier for us to hand over this program to new staff and for them to work their way through each module we make. Its a great system that we love using!

Pros

I like how easy the program is to use. It makes learning quick & efficient for all of our staff. It's also set out really well where we can pick subjects we need help with & get a step-by-step instruction guide. It's extremely helpful!

Cons

Nothing noted at this stage. Everything is very easy and straight forward.

Response from Trainual

Hi Renee! We can't thank you enough for the kind words. We are so excited to hear that you are loving Trainual and we'll be here to help out every step of the way.

Michael D.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Does what it needs to.

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

Overall it is great and has greatly cut down the time to onboard a new employee.

Pros

I like the simplicity of trainual, especially the dashboard and the email reminders that content has been updated. Building lessons is fairly easy as is creating tasks. Getting my entire company to move over the platform was fairly easy, as was setting up the invites and setting individual user levels. Once training lessons are created, they are easy to update and keep current. I like how you can both link and embed video and really, create any type of layout you want. That is nice and I like having the ability to have certain layouts for certain kind of content. Embedding Loom videos has been a super easy process.

Cons

The only con to Trainual is when it comes to editing the overall structure of training. It can be a bit confusing adding new content from the subject area (but once in the lesson it is super easy). I just think the initial contents could be easier to navigate.

Response from Trainual

Glad we helped you cut down onboarding time, Michael! Thanks for your feedback around our subject editor too -- we're working on a big project to make this a lot easier.

Wendy A.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

My view of Trainual

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

I loved it because you don't have to sit in a boring lecture

Pros

It lets you read the rules and regulations at your own speed and you can even review before testing.

Cons

I am not sure what i liked least of all

Response from Trainual

Hi Wendy! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're glad that the platform has been more interesting and effective than a traditional lecture or training! :) We hope you continue to find it helpful and engaging. Let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback!

Benjamin C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Excellent and efficient training solution.

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Trainual is well executed in its layout, using mostly common and current web standards. It loads fast, is mobile friendly, and simple from both creator and user experience. I was up and running almost immediately and worked through the how-to guide as I went. Moving processes into training modules helps heightens the awareness that all company processes need to be documented, trainable, and scalable. Rollout to users has been easy and feedback has been great.

Pros

Trainual is a well executed and easy to use solution for moving training onto the cloud. My favorite aspect about using the software is how it trains content creators think more about their work processes, which increases efficiency and scalability.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. For future improvements I would like to see a dark mode, which would help with users who check into content late at night. On mobile, the topic steps stay at the top of the screening the actual step contents require scrolling below the steps list - this UI section could be improved.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Benjamin! You can submit suggestions (like your night mode one) at trainual.com/ideas!

Oryan L.
Industry: Computer Software

Great Tool, needs more flexibility

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Pros

I love how easy it is for our employees to learn how to use it. new employees can just sit down at their desk on their first day and go through the trainual and be onboarded in an organized way.

Cons

Theres not a lot of flexibility in terms of look and format. I would love for the UI to be more fun and engaging so our employees dont just feel like theyre flipping through pages of text. I think typeform is a great example of engaging and fun UI that would be a great fit for trainual. Think turbotax also. We want our employees to enjoy training, but we are extremely limited in what we can manipulate in trainual.
I would also like to see more types of content than just text and tests. I want surveys, i want feedback forms, or at the very least, a non graded test.
I also would like to be able to generate a report of all the freeform test answers from a specific subject.

Response from Trainual

Hi Oryan -- Thanks for the review! We would be happy to hop on a call and discuss your feedback if that would be helpful. Just email [email protected] and we'll get that coordinated!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tony A.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

For a growing company absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Time saver and is allowing us to grow our company and our profits faster.

Pros

Our company is growing at 40-60% a year and we are so busy it is almost impossible to get someone trained to take off the workload and we have added 7 employees in the last 9 months. It has been essential to have to do the training once and then send everyone through it saving my manager a ton of time. It has been easy for us to setup tasks for the new hires to do as well as to have comprehensive tests that really get the new hires engaged.

Cons

It could be easier to install videos and photos.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Tony! We're working on an in-app video recorder, which should make adding videos a breeze -- Stay tuned!

Michelle M.
Industry: Financial Services

User-friendly so you won't pull your hair out

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/11

I love having everything in one place and organized into "need to know" sections when onboarding (both as a new hire and later, a manager). As a growing start-up, we were constantly adding to the training content, and bringing new superstars into the fold was easy because they're getting a consistent and thorough rundown of our company history, SOPs, and tools we rely on to function. BIG PERK: even as the Founder/top dogs get busier, the flow of information isn't disrupted for new team members. I wish Trainual existed years ago!

Pros

Simple user experience w/ clear navigation for both trainers and trainees, prompt response from Trainual staff if there's an issue, and it takes away the excuse of "I didn't know" as new staff onboards (the admin dashboard with progress reporting is magic!)

Cons

Nothing to note at this point. Any hiccups or new feature suggestions are always acknowledged quickly by the team...which isn't a bad thing at all!

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Michelle! We're so happy to hear Trainual has helped your company train as you grow.

Ross N.
Industry: Real Estate

Great for small and medium business documentation

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Trainual has been a great platform for us to document our business practices. We've also used it as a learning automation software for all of our training purposes. Great product.

Pros

Trainual is very easy to use and has very good functionality. Their support team is very responsive to questions and issues. New features are consistently rolled out and the product is getting better by the month. It's a great value.

Cons

A few small bugs here and there, but nothing that is too irritating. Any bug I run into usually gets resolved within a day or two.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Ross! It's always nice to hear from you and we know you'll love everything we have planned for 2019 :)