Trainual

Easy onboarding and training software for growing businesses

4,8
4,7
4,6
4,7
4,8
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Just what our company needed!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Overall, Trainual is something that every company needs, big or small. It's important to have a process where you can train your employees and then test them to see if they understood what they just learned. Trainual helps you do that with ease and helps your whole team get up to speed at the same time.

Pros

Trainual allows you to easily create a way for your employees to learn of a new subject and then they can take a test to get tested on their knowledge of the subject after going through the training materials. For our large company, it allowed us to get our employees certified, so that we felt confident that they knew the new information on the new product we were rolling out.

Cons

There are no cons that I have been able to find.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to help get your team up to speed!

Malyn B.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great must-have tool with room to grow

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Overall, I love Trainual's software and who they are as a company. They have a good product. Although it may be missing some things, those are things they are working on. They provide great resources for business owners and managers. I love the videos, webinars, articles, whatever it is that they put out there. It is always GOLD! And not to mention, very relevant.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. They come out continuously with updates that help the ease of use, I think. I like the option of incorporating tests/quizzes. It's easy to add in different media formats as well.

Cons

Trainual has great bones and structure. They are constantly evolving and implementing improvements which I appreciate, however, I do wish for a more complex or more functions in the testing/quizzes and a way to organize topics into Categories or Folders (which I know is something they are working on).

Response from Trainual

Hi Malyn! Thanks for sharing your Trainual experience with us. We appreciate your feedback about adding more complex functions to the test feature, and rest assured it's something we are working on! We're thrilled that you're enjoying the software so far and we truly appreciate your kind words. Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional feedback or questions - we'd love to hear from you.

Stephanie G.
Industry: Insurance

Excellent Product to help Organize information and small businesses

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/11/17

It's been a great tool and time saver.

Pros

How it organizes information easily and tracks whether users have gone through material.

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up a billboard with information we can put info into so that we could easily have access without clicks into things that we can see at all times.

Response from Trainual

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful feedback. We'll be sure to pass along your comments about a Bulletin/Billboard feature have you experimented with Forums? That might do the trick! Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Mehdi L.

Get trained remotely with Trainual

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

just amazing

Pros

Easy to use even if you are not familiar with it

Cons

how tow create multitabs

Response from Trainual

Hi Mehdi! Thanks so much for your Trainual review! We're so happy that it's been easy to use, and we hope it's been impactful to your team. Please let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us! We're always here and happy to help.

Raegan V.
Industry: Defense & Space

Trainual Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Very good! Aside from the quiz features.

Pros

Some things that I love about Trainual are the features where I can add media like videos and gifs.

Cons

There are a lot of ideas I have that would make Trainual more effective. For example, being able to play the videos right in Trainual without having to click a link and open a new tab. COLOR CUSTOMIZATION! I hate the light gray color for all of the buttons (save, next, etc) I wish it was literally any other color. But if it was customizable that would be even better. Also when creating a test there NEEDS to be an option to select how many questions/possible answers for a given test. Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions! What about definition matching or something else more interactive than multiple choice. And I wish you could turn off the feature where it shows the User what they got wrong. And the “essay” exams are NOT FUNCTIONAL because there is no way for the Administrator to review and approve the submissions. It just says 100% no matter what they write. For the Quiz portion of Trainual I rate it a 2/5. There is so much more development that needs to be happening here. Otherwise it’s a good platform.

Response from Trainual

Hi Raegan! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. A few of your suggestions have recently been updated in our platform, including a new "Dark Mode" feature, and PDF Imbeds which allows you to play videos (and much more!) right on the platform. We truly appreciate your suggestions and are always here if you have additional feedback!

Sean M.
Industry: Construction

Priceless Tool for Streamlining and Growth

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Extremely positive. The tool flat out works. It's something that you get out what you put in. My recommendation for anyone looking into it is to have a strong plan and a devoted 'Trainual Champion' devoted to the buildout and implantation of the platform.

Pros

Trainual is far and away the best value for any platform we have used. It's hard to determine what's more impactful, the cost savings or the added revenue generated from staying organized and properly training our people. I strongly recommend this tool to anyone wanting to scale their business in a healthy and sustainable way.

Cons

The cons I experience are items the Trainual team is working on developing. Not many negatives to this technology.

Response from Trainual

Hello Sean! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your Trainual experience. We truly appreciate the kind words and are thrilled to hear that our software has been impactful to your business, from savings to training efficiency. We're always here if you have additional feedback or questions!

Nikki V.
Industry: Construction

Trainual Transformed our Staff

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I love it! We will be using it for years!

Pros

Trainual was super easy to set up and get my staff training up to date. It is very intuitive so my staff were able to get started with minimal assistance.

Cons

I have to put in my own information. The templates Trainual has are amazing, I just wish I could click a button and all my manuals were magically entered!

Response from Trainual

Hi Nikki! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We hear you, a magic button for content would be AWESOME. We're glad to know that it's been otherwise beneficial to your training efforts, and we hope you continue to find it impactful to your team! Please let us know if you ever have additional feedback or questions.

Michael D.

Does what it needs to.

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

Overall it is great and has greatly cut down the time to onboard a new employee.

Pros

I like the simplicity of trainual, especially the dashboard and the email reminders that content has been updated. Building lessons is fairly easy as is creating tasks. Getting my entire company to move over the platform was fairly easy, as was setting up the invites and setting individual user levels. Once training lessons are created, they are easy to update and keep current. I like how you can both link and embed video and really, create any type of layout you want. That is nice and I like having the ability to have certain layouts for certain kind of content. Embedding Loom videos has been a super easy process.

Cons

The only con to Trainual is when it comes to editing the overall structure of training. It can be a bit confusing adding new content from the subject area (but once in the lesson it is super easy). I just think the initial contents could be easier to navigate.

Response from Trainual

Glad we helped you cut down onboarding time, Michael! Thanks for your feedback around our subject editor too -- we're working on a big project to make this a lot easier.

Steve M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Training and Certifying our Sales People

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We needed to find a practical and reliable system to deploy our sales processes to all of the sales people quickly and ensure that each is competent and familiar with the sales guidelines and processes established by the sales management team

Pros

How easy it is to use for both the administrators and end users

Cons

The interface could be much more sexy making this even more appealing to the end users

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the positive review, Steve! We're working to make our interface better everyday, but you can submit any requests at trainual.com/ideas. :)

Lackeshia H.
Industry: Consumer Services

This Has made Training Easy

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Pros

The setup, the ease of adding and editing information in the created content is of great importance. Our company is always growing and with growth comes changes. Being able to make these changes quickly is vital.

As a user, I find that navigating from one topic to the other is just like doing an online course, this makes me grasp the information more quickly.

Cons

I have no issues with this. Trainual is the best training software I have ever used.

Response from Trainual

Hi Lackeshia! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're so glad to have you as a member of the Trainual community for over 2 years, and we're thrilled that you're still loving the software. Please reach out if there's anything at all we can help with!

Ian B.
Industry: Textiles

Great training platform

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Overall their quality of support has been excellent with great webinars to help guild and show new features.

Pros

Initially i thought that trainual was "too simple" in that i was not able to build out huge heirarchys of subject matters, but after talking with them and going through the training it makes a lot more sense now. We are successfully building out a complete training for our operators and enjoy the platforms ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see a bit more functionality in the testing options, specifically the ability to "choose all that apply" type of questions. The publishing and granting access it also not very intuitive as i have found that when i click publish, that doesn't necessarily mean it will show in someone eases library without assigning it to them.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Ian! Select all in multiple choice is definitely on our feature request board - Feel free to add any other suggestions to trainual.com/ideas :)

Virginia R.
Industry: Legal Services

Consistent Training

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Overall it has been great. I can upload with ease and I like that I can add gifs to make the training more fun.

Pros

I like that I can track exactly how the users are doing by checking their test results. It insures me that everyone is getting the same material and learning the same way so all of our legal services are uniform across the board.

Cons

The test making process is very long because of the lag in the system. It would take me an hour just to populate 30 questions and add 4 multiple question optioned per question. I would like for the multiple questions to come with 4 answer choices as a default.

Response from Trainual

Hi Virginia, we greatly appreciate that you took the time to share a review of your Trainual experience! We're glad to hear that it's helped to improve consistency in your training material. We'll be sure to pass along your feedback about tests as well! If you ever have additional feedback or any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Ariel D.
Industry: Insurance

Excellent Service & Our Company Loves It!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how simple it is to create all the sections needed for our CRM and Company training.

Cons

There are somethings I would change like the fact of the publishing and the employee user interface. But I would say everything works well and simple enough to make it very useful.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the feedback, Ariel! We added a new permission that requires an admin to approve content before it is published, so maybe this would help with your publishing issue! If so, email [email protected] and we'll get this added to your account.?

Daniel P.
Industry: Consumer Services

Very Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Overall, I would say that I have had a wonderful experience with trainual!

Pros

I like this software because it's very easy to use. It helped my company build a training program when we'd never really had a linear training system before.

Cons

The program is easy to use and utilize but the navigation of the page could use a bit more work.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Daniel!

Stephanie C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great way to train new and current staff!

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

We are very grateful to have found Trainual. It has made training our employees much easier.

Pros

This platform allows new staff to do most of their new hire trainings on their own time and on a computer, phone, or tablet. We can track their progress and see when everything was completed as well as their test scores. You can make your trainings more interesting and easily highlight the most important take away message. It is very user friendly for administrator and user.

Cons

Very few cons. Any issues have been easily resolved with support staff.

Response from Trainual

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for leaving such a great review of your Trainual experience. We're delighted to hear that it's made your trainings easier and more impactful! We're also glad that our team has been able to quickly resolve any issues that might have popped up. If there is anything at all we can help with moving forward, please let us know!

Marlene W.

Property Supervisor

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

It makes it easy to cross train all of our staff. I love it. We use it weekly.

Pros

This product is easy to use. All of our employees are being cross trained and they are all able to easily use it.

Cons

I don't know of any features that are not working well.

Response from Trainual

Hi Marlene! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We love hearing that your team is using our platform on a regular basis and that it's been beneficial for your training efforts! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional feedback or questions.

Derek H.
Industry: Market Research

Exceptional Performance and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We are developing training for employee onboarding, reinforcement of best practices and assigning content for coaching opportunity. This software meets every one of our development needs.

Pros

The pros of the Trainual software are genuinely to numerous to mention in one review. Moving through the Trainual Basics essentially taught me everything I needed to create my first subject. I started with a simple client connection overview and had the entire module complete in less than an hour. This included embedded video, hyperlinks, images, slide shows etc. Ease of use A+, Training A+, Quality of Support A+. This software is amazing.

Cons

Honestly one training completed and I have yet to find something i didn't like.

Response from Trainual

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Derek!

Daisy F.

Best Training Software We've Used

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Running a business can get hard but having our employee training manual uploaded onto Trainual has helped us tremendously and has kept productivity at the upmost high!

Pros

The reports we are able to see on all of our team members and what they've accomplished, with so much detail like exact time and percentage of progress is really helpful to keep track. The ease of creating subjects with different options and designs as well!

Cons

The only thing I'd say is when it comes to uploading videos, you will have to use a separate link or have the user download the video onto their computer/device to see a video in a certain subject.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the feedback, Daisy! We are working on an in-app video tool as well. :)

Lesli L.
Industry: Computer Software

Finally! Organization with Ease

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

This solved our problem of having policies and procedures stored on different platforms.

Pros

I love that we can upload all kinds of media. Trainual is the perfect solution for onboarding new employees. It is also a great place for us to store resources for our trainers and it's super easy to use.

Cons

Does it integrate with Slack? That would be very helpful.

Response from Trainual

Hi Lesli! Thanks so much for your Trainual review. We don't currently integrate with Slack, but we will pass that along to our Product Team! We hope that our platform continues to be impactful to your team's trainings!

Sarah K.
Industry: Education Management

Easy to Use for Small Scale Training

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Pros

The software is easy to use and highly customizable and the final product looks clean for both the user and the admin.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the tests to be multiple answer multiple choice.

Response from Trainual

Hello Sarah! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. Keep an eye out for updated testing features. :) We're so happy to hear that the platform has been easy to use and we hope it continues to positively impact your team. We're here for you if you have additional feedback or any questions!

Nizam M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Its Superb

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Pros

User friendly information and its very nice to use

Cons

i like everything mainly the clicks and the page iformation

Response from Trainual

Hello Nizam! We appreciate that you took the time to leave your Trainual review. We're happy that it's been easy to navigate! We hope it continues to be impactful for you and your team.

Brittany S.
Industry: Real Estate

Bringing our company to the next level!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Great outline for structuring courses, and the ability to customize to your heart's content with videos and graphics. Not only is it easy to use, but I recently attended a webinar that was offered via email to better use all the tools at my disposal. I love that we can assign courses to entire departments with a click, and add additional individuals. Proper training is vital in our industry, and the most important thing to have dialed in for any company, Trainual helps us up our training game.

Pros

Easy to use & helpful training webinars!

Cons

Can't think of anything, my experience has been great.

Response from Trainual

Happy we could help up your training game, Brittany! ?

Lori M.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great Tool!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

This system is well organized and easy to manage. The appearance can be customized, making it familiar-looking to staff. This has been a very useful tool to make training materials uniform and easy to distribute and track. Well done!

Cons

The system is not necessarily self-explanatory, you actually have to read the directions, so to speak to make the most of the product. But the directions are thorough, and formatted just like your own Trainual system will be.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the fantastic review, Lori!

Penn M.

Brought Our "Book" onto the Internet

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

As described above, it made digitizing our processes, adding tests to assess competency, and automating the tracking of progress easy.

Pros

We had developed a training manual in written form that covered most of what we wanted to teach our staff. But, there was no tracking mechanism, so it took us to personally check on each staff member's progress and understanding of our processes. Trainual ("Train Y'all") has automated this process. Trainual also has caused us to reread and edit our processes, which we can easily update at any time.

Cons

There's a lot here and it can be overwhelming. Once our president, got comfortable with moving around the software it became very easy to use. It also allowed me to review her postings so we can work together without sitting in the same room and at a more convenient pace.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Penn! Happy we could help bring your book online. :)

Maverick C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Transitions Made Easy

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We are trying to solve onboarding issues for new team members and it helped allot on doing this.

Pros

Mostly the selling point for this program for us is the ease of use of its system. Functionality are simple yet effective, making quizes is a great addition so we were able to know who really did review the training materials. This product helped us allot in on boarding more people and having a basic idea on what the team does and making on boarding for new employees a bit easier!

Cons

What can I say, improvements for navigation? not really a biggie but sometimes we tend to get lost on the navigation of different parts of the software. (or just me )

Response from Trainual

Happy we could simplify your onboarding process, Maverick!