Campus Calibrate Reviews

Campus Calibrate

Academic appointment scheduling and student support software

4.7/5 (26 reviews)

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

There customer service is amazing. They are quickly available, willing to listen to ideas, and fix issues quickly.

Pros

ConexEd is extremely customizable in order to meet the needs of individual campuses. It provides open access to students to reach college services remotely, and decreases manual work required to track students and provide services. We have been able to use this for advising appointments, online chat to answer questions, advise students in other states, and to register students for New Student Orientation. It is a one stop shop that meets the majority of our needs. On the administrative side I can easily capture data to report out to leadership the work we are doing as a department. On the student side it is self explanatory and requires little explanation and we have gotten extremely positive feedback on its use. The system has a lot of automated features such as email, text reminders, google synch, and customized office hours to allow for advisors to focus their time on advising students.

Cons

ConexEd is great about working on any recommendations or building in features we may need. The only issue I have is that sometimes we have so much data that the system will not quickly provide it and on occassion I will need to reach out to the organization to pull the data for me.

Melody C.

Off to an amazing start!

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Excellent. Service stands out way above the rest. In my job I have to work with several application vendors, and the experience with ConexEd has been the best thus far. Super responsive with a "try to get to yes" attitude with any issue that comes up. I wish more products would have such a strong and responsive support structure like ConexEd!

Pros

Very easy to use with a modern interface that end users desire. Customer service team is incredible, with fast response times. The pricing for the product was transparent and showed how it paid for itself on the quote. Great team.

Cons

Only wish it could do more! It is a GREAT product, but not there yet to completely replace our other product that also does case management as well as early alert flags and kudos. Would love to be able to walk away from the other product completely... right now it feels redundant to have both - but I get a lot of complaints about the other product. End users wish we could completely switch to ConexEd for case management and early alert functions (with LMS integration).

Campus Calibrate for a large counseling office

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Using Campus Calibrate is taking some getting used to. The staff at ConexEd have been incredibly helpful and accommodating to our staff and faculty to help us get Campus Calibrate up and running. We are a large department with 50-60 counselors/advisors, and I sometimes think that this software isn't built to show more than 5-8 schedule in a comfortable view. They have made many updates and fixes to help our appointment processes run smoothly. We appreciate all their efforts and assistance!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it's web based, so it can be easily logged into from home and in the workplace. I feel this makes staff more accountable when they are out of the office, so they can check their schedule and make changes if last-minute meetings come up, conferences, etc.

Cons

If a counselor has appointments in more than one subgroup, it would be nice to see their entire schedule across the subgroups that they're associated with. It's a feature that does not work all the time.

A report that can easily be accessed when a counselor is out ill, that shows their appointments for the day. Right now we have to click on each individual appointment to see the student's contact information.

When students select appointment times after selecting a reason code and date of appointment, they are still confused as to whom the appointment is with. The time of the appointment is more visible than the counselor's name.

The time to load/refresh each subgroup is between 15-20 seconds, which can be inconvenient when trying to help a student over the phone.

Great product for academic advisors!

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Overall I really really like working with ConexED and their product! Everyone is quick in responding to any issues.

Pros

I love how students can use this product for all scheduling every type of meeting with me: in person, phone, or video. It even allows chat. It's all in one place and the appointments sync with my calendar so it blocks appointment times if I am unavailable. I also love the intake forms students complete when they make an appointment so I know how to prepare for each student.

Cons

Sometimes there is glitches in the system and students make appointments for themselves and not with me. One time a student got a text message a day early. However, several times the error may be the student not understanding how the software works.

Judy O.

Great product but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

I find the product to be easy to use and find that any issues we may have, we can contact the staff who are more than willing to listen and provide us with feedback.

Pros

It is web-based and it is fairly easy to use--as long as the user (student) reads the instruction. There are a lot of great features such as captioning and camera to interact with the student. I also like the shared screen for both the moderator and the students.

Cons

There are some unnecessary extra steps that are being worked on. I am still waiting for the iOS release -- many students use their iPhone to try to connect so we have been patiently waiting for the release of this. The calendar section is a bit complicated and can be simplified for ease of use.

Response from ConexEd

Thanks for your feedback, Judy!

I'm happy to announce that our first iPhone app is now available in the App Store. Using the app students can now see upcoming meetings and attend Cafe meetings on their iOS device.

You can find it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/conexed/id1208098450?mt=8

Henry F.

More features for in person meetings

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Extremely easy to work with. We've managed to bring up ideas or needs and they were very quick to respond.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to embed helpful cafe cards makes this much easier to use than simple zoom meetings. Can expand for multiple departments.

Cons

Right now we are juggling between this software and SARS. SARS handles the in person appointments best. At the same time I'm sure we're not the only institution that wants to drop SARS. If Conexed focused more on a friendlier in person appointment setup you'd get even more interest.

Laura V.

Cranium cafe

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

This system addressss accreditation needs and they model the service by having the green light on and being able to knock on someone’s door anytime you need help.

Pros

In the world of online learning ConexED replicates the face to face “knock on the door” experience.

Customer service is superior.

Cons

Early adopters take to it easy, those that are late adopters defer to a phone if any questions/challenges arise

Robert M.

My review after 2-year use of ConexED.

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Overall, I love the tool with the exception of the Cons I pointed out above. If these could be addressed, that would be great.

Pros

I like most the ease of use for both students and myself as a counselor. Also, I'm able to mark/highlight areas on forms uploaded from my ConexED library as I'm working with students online. The students can download what we went over on these forms into their computer. I like that students can wait in a lobby while I'm currently working with another student.

Cons

1) The playback of recorded sessions is slow.
2) I cannot record my written work on the White Board and my power point presentations.
3) It's an expensive tool especially when Confer Zoom is free for California Community Colleges.

Mark C.

Campus Calibrate

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

I have found that it is extremely helpful. I know people complain about it but I find it is because they aren't playing around with it.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Super user friendly.

Cons

I wish i was able to change settings better. Sometimes I have to reach out to get it changed.

Ariana A.

Student Perspective

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

It made things a lot easier for my online class and I looked forward to using it because it was helpful, I really hope more classes utilize this software.

Pros

I was able to communicate with professor easily and other classmates as well. Easy access to assignments to review with the professor face to face.

Cons

Needed a little guidance on where to go to find things to use but it was still pretty explanatory.

Loving Cranium Cafe

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Our representative is the best. She is always available if I or my colleagues have questions.

Pros

I love that it gives my students another option to have counseling sessions with me. I work with a population of students who do have access to computers and the internet but may not be able to drive down to the college for an appointment. We are in a rural area and people work so fitting in a counseling appointment at a convenient time for them over cranium cafe has been great.

Cons

I wish we could change the size of the font on the whiteboard.

Angelique S.

ConexEd- Cranium Cafe game changer!

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Overall I have had an amazing experience with ConexEd team! They have been super supportive and made the transition process for our department very smooth.

Pros

ConexEd is a one stop shop! Once you get the hang of the platform it is really easy to use. The platform is generally user-friendly and the support team is amazing at tailoring everything to your exact needs!

Cons

The only issue I have seen is the initial set up and use for our students. There is a bit of a learning curve but a quick video tutorial should help ease the issues.

Janice P.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Overall my experience has been good!

Pros

I like that it has flexible scheduling and that almost everything can be customized for each area. I also like that it is cloud based.

Cons

I just wish there was an easier way to view schedules, the other things I think they just require getting used to a new way of doing things.

Loretta I.

Generatin CeonexED

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/28

ConexED is excellent for the current and next generation. It provides an opportunity for busy people like me to do orientation, workshops, counselor meetings, gets online support, and helps me meet new people -- all in one place. It's like an online outdoor shopping mall!

Pros

I am a full-time working woman, wife, mother, and student. My schedule does not permit me to go on campus to meet with counselors. ConexEd has bridged that gap where I can meet online for 10-15 minutes with a counselor and get on with my day. Using ConexED, I can avoid traffic, waiting in long lines, and make an appointment according to my schedule. It is a great tool for people on the go.

Cons

There have been times when connecting online was a challenge. My counselor could hear but not see me. Other times, we could not see or hear each other. The alternative, however, is that we have the "chat" option. Using the chat option still allows her and me to communicate - even though the meeting lasts longer than the usual 10 minutes, it was still profitable.

Ken C.

Great for the counseling space

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Pros

It's really easy to use, being able see someone's availability and schedule appointments 24/7 is very helpful for students, and it can reduce the workout on the counseling office as they will no longer need to schedule every student appointment or simply check availability for students. The session is intuitive, it's very easy to sign in using SSO, and there is minimal training needed in order to effectively use the platform.

Cons

There are some limitations in ConexED, but those mostly center around the product not being in the same space as some of the other virtual meeting software products. It isn't designed to do everything, and knowing that makes it a non-issue, but it is not as full-featured as some other products.

Ricardo G.

Campus Calibrate = Great!

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

The most adaptive software that I have used in some time and the team behind it are so accessible and actually listen to the feedback. They tinker and toy with a system based on the college needs and actually take their time out to understand the demographics of the users from administrators, to counselors, staff and most importantly the students.

Pros

Adaptive to the needs of the users/groups, easily editable scheduling, an implementation team that truly listens to the needs of the consumer and works with the campus to make it a better experience for all.

Cons

The few cons is making reporting a bit easier and accessible to most group managers. For a division of 100+ counselors it is a bit of a hassle due to the impact of so many users on the system.

Greg D.

Dynamic Scheduling w/ In-Depth Reporting

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

Total customization of how students can schedule with their career coaches, academic advisors, tutors, and financial aid officers. Each student service group can choose how they want their students to connect with them. We love the SSO and SIS real-time integrations.

Cons

It was difficult to get all of our staff members to commit to one platform and move from what they are use to. After the first month, most everyone was happy about the effort it took into switching.

Daniella C.

ConexED Review from Student

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Overall, I really enjoy the software and it has made a positive impact on my academic life.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease. It was not complicated to use as I initially had thought it would be. It was also really helpful in a academic environment and made everything so much easier.

Cons

The least thing I dislike about this software is months after one of my meetings, the footage had erased when I wanted to go back. Possibly have a reminder when the recording of the meeting will vanish?

Toni N.

El Camino College Campus Calibrate Counseling

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

I've basically answered these questions up above. The staff are again, wonderful!!

Pros

The Con Ex staff are the BEST!!! I like that students get text messages about their appt times etc. and there is more student independence with this system........I like how the Con Ex staff listen to our concerns and create new ways to meet our needs! :)

Cons

When we make changes, we loose data, cant't see multiple areas, sometimes difficult to change...takes longer to boot up.

No daily report sheet to call students when counselors call out, we have to look them up one by one.

7.0/10
Debra W.

Instructors -

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

*I had a troubleshooting with the video. I had to close Safari and opened Google Chrome to allow the video to set in place. Often, the video is a bit blurred.

Pros

I like to see who are the instructors for the ASL Program and to identify the ASL Pal with the schedule. I like how it is in the system.

Cons

*Sometimes, the person will request a schedule in the last minute. The schedule should be posted at least 48 hours.

Berenice G.

Conexed

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Great experience

Pros

Easy to use and accessible, it does everything I need it

Cons

Small issues with calendar that don’t allow us more usability comparable to google calendar

Kaycee K.

Campus Calibrate Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

I appreciate rep's and also the team's attentiveness in addressing issues and concerns, in a prompt and pleasant manner.

Pros

I really like the feature that texts students a reminder prior to their appointment. I also like the fact that students receive a confirmation e-mail, confirming their appointment, right when they make it.

Cons

It was a steep learning curve when they first launched in January this year. There were many features that it lacked and there were serious glitches. I still do not like the fact that counselors must refresh their page multiple times a day, in order to see any same-day updates. The page should reload automatically. Also, sometimes the system times out or you need to refresh the page manually to see updates.

6.0/10
Manny R.

Review for ConexED

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/17

I am just a college student trying to have easier access to my professors, as I take a lot of online class, and this is a good resource for that.

Pros

I like how easy and simple it was to navigate through the program, with a simple layout and everything at your fingertips

Cons

I couldn't find the "test camera" feature in time which delayed my meeting, but other than the simple ignorance of me not being able to find a simple function everything else was great!

Gary T.

Appling Mechanics as soft skills, by taking initiative, and applying self care for my self as well.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/30

He was to the point, good, hesitant about the answer to my questions, he was direct enough that I already knew the answer that I was asking, other than that I did know the answer that he gave that reinforced me with confirmation, and I got the impression that he did also.

Pros

Easy to use, moden, more then expected for intended purpose, however not a bad think to use optional accessories with for hands free full duplex two way a conversation.

Cons

That I was not able yet to do more then view, and key in response, even though receiving audio input for the other person in the conversation.

Jessica P.

Campus Calibrate at ECC

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

It’s been great thus far.

Pros

The software is very customizable and easy to access anywhere.

Cons

Like all technology, there are glitches.