Moment Reviews

Moment

Parent communication & classroom management tool for schools

4.8/5 (13 reviews)
Amory D.

Amazing Communications Platform

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Communicating with parents is a critical component of a successful preschool program. Moment allows us to easily send photos and newsletters. The calendar feature keeps the community up to date on holidays and events. Furthermore, the parents love the feature where they are able to communicate directly with each other. On boarding with Moment was a breeze. The customer support is stellar.

Pros

The ease of use is our favorite pro! Our preschool teachers are super busy and we want all of their attention to be focused on the needs of the children. Moment allows our teachers to QUICKLY efficiently and effectively communicate without parents.

Cons

We don't have a CON. Really, Moment is a gem of a communications platform. Staff, faculty, and parents were all very happy that we transferred our communications to Moment.

Trevor V.

Moment: Captures the daily experiences

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

We love Moment and are excited to continue to improve the communication channels between our school and the parents. Without a doubt this new tool has made it easier for our families to read what is happening in their child's day or about upcoming events from the ease of their phone.

Pros

We love Moment. It has effectively streamlined communication from the school to our parent community. It allows our teachers to share photos and video from the school day so parents feel connected to their child's experience. From the administrative side Moment has been pivotal in communicating upcoming events. We love this product so much we are beginning to use it to register families to our summer program.

Cons

There are not any cons to this software. Any gliche that we have had was promptly solved by their customer service.

Dounia L.

Moment rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

We now have all of our communication, registration and staff interactions happen under one roof; Moment!

This saves us time and effort, and parents love that they can see what their kids are up to in class from their phone or computer.

The staff is really helpful and attentive, and representative has been really wonderful in every aspect.

We recommend Moment to all afterschool programs- it'll make your life a lot easier!

Pros

Moment is a really convenient platform for our Language Enrichment Program, located in the Bay Area.

We teach hundreds of students Spanish and Mandarin each week, and Moment helps us communicate with parents, as well as collect payment from hundreds of families.

The platform is clear, to the point and easy to use!

Cons

Whenever a glitch happens, Moment is always ready to fix it and make the system work for us!

Stephen D.

Review of Moment

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

So far so good. I absolutely love the parents' communication feature and so do my clients. They "Moment" me all the time! It helps me stay in touch in real time and allows parents easy access to me, my staff, news and info directly from the app without having to sort through emails. It took me a little while to figure how great and powerful it is. as far as I can tell it's unique to Moment. Customer support has always been excellent and immediate. No complaints

Pros

Moment has helped organize and improve the workflow of all the many components of registration online registration for both me and my clients.

Cons

There's a couple of small er features that I was used to in other systems that they have been slow to implement but they promise it's coming.
Sometimes I find the buttons and icons a little vague. Menus are not always intuitive.

Judith P.

Have enjoyed Moment since the first day!

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

I have loved having a single place in which parents can communicate with our Staff and amongst themselves. It gives the parents an opportunity to be part of their child's school life without having to be physically in the classroom.

Pros

I like how effortless the software is to use and personally, it's not complicated. I enjoy that I can work both on my phone and on the computer with Moment.

Cons

My only wish is that I could upload more than 10 pictures at a time.

Maggie M.

Moment has been amazing

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

We love using Moment for parent communication. It is incredibly easy to use and teachers are able to post photos or updates quickly. Parents love the tool and it has helped differentiate us from other programs. Between the communication tools, calendar, and class management options, Moment met all our needs without being too much. The company has also been great to work with - they are wonderful partners and care about what they do!

Cons

Nothing. Any issues were minor and taken care of quickly.

Erika B.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Overall, this has made sharing what we do in class to parents very easy. It has built a close knit community with our parents. We love being able to share with ease with everyone.

Pros

It is very user friendly, we don't have to worry about the application being difficult to use for parents. There is such an ease and everything is so easy to use. We love being able to post multiple posts for paretns.

Cons

We like everything. There aren't any cons with the software for us.

Aurelia U.

Moment makes our moments shine!

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

We love using Moment to keep in touch with our parents and staff and have received so much support as we learn how to use this application.

Pros

I love being able to keep in touch with our families via pictures, videos, and messaging, as well as having our calendar on the application for easy access to special activities and days off.

Cons

Sending out important messages at first did not show a subject line. This was fixed right away once we suggested that it would be easier for our parents to know what our message was about with a subject line announcing our message.

Katie F.

Awesome App for Teachers and Parents

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Pros

I love the easy to use interface and the ability to quickly upload photos and update the blog. This is my first year in ten years of teaching that my student's parents have consistently checked classroom updates. They seem to be more engaged with the short form text coupled with the pictures. It has been much easier to share information about the classroom because of this app. Reps are incredible and went out of their way to set up my classroom contacts and us always available via email or video chat to support. Thank you for everything!

Cons

Nothing, I love it! From ensuring that the app remains private for the families that use it, to the easy set up, I think Moment is a great assest for any business/school that works closely with families.

Julia B.

Moment is great for my after-school program

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/04

Moment offered the best product for my after-school programming. It looks very clean, and is very easy to use. It also stores participants' information, which makes checkout very quick. The customer service I have received is excellent. I have been able to explain my specific needs, and the Moment team have helped me customize my dashboard accordingly, so that it works well, both from the parents' perspective and also the administrators'. I highly recommend Moment.

Pros

I like that Moment has a website for enrollment, which is customizable; as well as an app, which is great for teacher-parent communication.

Cons

The reporting functionality is still a work-in-progress, so I have to rely on the Moment team to provide me with the data I need from Moment, but I'm expecting this to improve over time.

Kit H.

Thumbs up for Moment!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Moment has been fantastic and got a positive response from most of the parents who used it. There were a few glitches throughout the course of the summer, but the Moment support team is fabulous and they were super helpful at resolving any issues right away!

Pros

Provided an easy way for parents to connect with me and other teachers and stay informed about their child's experience at camp - parents love seeing daily photos of their child!

Cons

A few technical snags with teachers not being able to upload photos or videos from certain devices.

Beverly S.

So helpful for mass communicating with parents

Reviewed on 2019/03/02

Moment is so kind to address all questions immediately. That kind of customer service really makes me feel supported and seen.

Pros

I really appreciate that I am able to upload several photos easily and knowing that the platform is secure. It is of high interest that these precious pictures of our students do NOT make it out of our small community and end up on the world-wide web. The security measures make me feel protected and at ease.

Cons

I find that the mobile website is strangely easier to use rather than the desktop, but the difference is small.

Shalynn H.

Use Moment all the time

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Pros

I feel like I am in the know and have more involvement now than I ever did before. Moment is easy to use and easy to access, so I find myself actually taking the time to read communication sent out and participating through Moment. Everything I need or want to know is found in one place, which saves all of use time.

Cons

As a recipient of Moment communication, I do not have any cons to report.