eHelpDesk

Cloud based help desk software for businesses of all sizes

4,9
Robin H.
Industry: Legal Services

Top 100 law firm using Giva for 17 years with excellent results

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Giva is easy to learn and use, very visual, and the dashboard is amazing. It allows us to ensure that issues are tracked from first contact through resolution and gives us access to the information we need to resolve them. New agents are productive using Giva is just a few days. We use the Knowledgebase a great deal. It is easy to use and allows us keep a very high first call resolution.

Pros

We're a busy Help Desk, and Giva gives us a fantastic tool for tracking issues, as well as escalating/communicating among the various groups in the IT Department. The Customer Satisfaction Surveys allow us to get almost instant feedback. We get excellent ratings from our attorneys and staff, partly because we follow up immediately when there is a problem. I am the Reports guy, and I can drill down and get the information I need very quickly. The Knowledge Base is a repository where we can store information that can be retrieved easily. I've been using Giva for over 17 years at this law firm; so I've seen Giva evolve. They continuously upgrade it with releases chock full of useful features without over-engineering it. When we ask for product enhancements, we actually see them. They really listen to their customers, and I feel like we get a lot of personal attention. When we have an issue, their technical support jumps right on it and gets it resolved quickly.

Cons

I don't like change, and when new releases come out (about once per month), I weep a bit while I adjust. However, the releases are all backward-compatible have never caused us a problem. Our customizations remain intact; so all the tools I need are still there. When there was a change in the ticket screen that was not optimal, they fixed it in just a few weeks.

Pete M.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

35% increase in productivity & eliminated 15 hours/month on Report preparation

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

We’ve achieve excellent business results with Giva having increased IT productivity about 35% and we eliminated about 15 hours/month that use to be spent on Report preparation. All the information that I need is at my fingertips with Giva’s Reporting engine. The charts and graphs are clear and allow us to visualize data to identify trends and patterns. The administration is easy to use and logically well organized. We don’t need a dedicated Admin and/or Report person like I did with other vendors mentioned.

Pros

I have 20 years of experience using various service tools such as ConnectWise, HP Service Manager, BMC Track-It and Remedy. On balance, Giva is better than them all and it’s a great value. Giva is the new generation of cutting edge cloud technology; it looks sharp and it’s very easy to configure and customize. The technical support is excellent, very responsive and they always provide thoughtful answers. The customizable dashboard provides the necessary visibility to ensure all areas of support are providing top-notch support.

Cons

No cons. It’s amazing that they launch a new release every 3 weeks so many new features.

Vincent C.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Simple, straight forward, and efficient help desk software.

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Reduced time supporting the "help desk software".

Pros

It is a good, stable, basic help desk software application that is not over-burdened with complex configuration and setup. The user interface is simple and straight forward, freeing up the user to focus on the help desk issues, not the help desk software.

The Giva support staff always provides intelligent and informative responses in a professional and timely manner.

Cons

Having come from using similar on-site software, I miss having direct access to the source tables to create more complex custom reports. But Giva does have a lot of customizable reports that will meet most needs.

William L.
Industry: Law Practice
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Invaluable tool to deliver very high customer satisfaction to our attorney customers

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

We are able to meet and consistently exceed our SLAs with all the functions/tools Giva offers. Our SLA compliance has increased about 35% using Giva. The red, orange and green on our dashboard charts/metrics keeps us all focused on the key issues impacting our attorneys. The highly integrated Knowledgebase is a very valuable tool that has enabled us to increase first contact resolution and customer satisfaction, and has helped significantly decrease call times. Giva is an excellent and invaluable tool that keeps us highly productive and our customers happy!

Pros

I supervise a large group of Level 1 help desk people at a large and very busy law firm. I’ve been using Giva at this firm and a few years at the previous law firm I worked for. The Giva Dashboards are just what we need to keep on top of all the hot issues that need attention and our productivity has increased about 45%. No issues go unaddressed and that has helped lift and sustain our very high customer satisfaction. My entire team loves using Giva and it helps them meet the high expectations of our busy attorney customers. Giva is very easy to learn; our new agents become fluent quickly by just using it.

Cons

None right now, my team is very happy with Giva.

Deana R.
Industry: Higher Education

Excellent, modern ITSM.

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Giva is just a phone call or email away for support. They are very responsive and available and have even helped us expand the use of the product to other departments. Giva is also highly flexible and is continuous with improvements and new ideas. This is something that stands out and really is the best thing about the product. The company asks for feedback and discusses their ideas with me before they implement them. When is the last time a company did that for you? Very customer focused. Give them a try.

Pros

User interface is intuitive. I love the clean, minimalist appearance and organization of information. Since the product lives in the cloud, we can access at anytime, anywhere. Very reliable...we have had 100% up time of product for 2 years now.

Cons

Some in my company would like built in workflow options, however Giva does not offer that at this time.

Industry: Medical Practice

Affordable and easy to use HIPAA compliant help desk

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

We needed to change to a HIPAA compliant helpdesk because our users needed to send PHI, at times. We selected, Giva which provides robust functionality and most importantly is HIPAA compliant.

We love Giva. It was easy to get up and running at and the technical support was excellent. We found Giva to be easy to work with and administer. The Reports and Dashboards are excellent. We got HIPAA compliance for a great price with great functionality. Giva is a 5 top rating.

Cons

Giva lacks the functionality to reply to a ticket directly through Outlook.Users are required to communicate via the portal

Response from Giva

Giva tech support showed this customer how to configure the reply to a ticket function. It is just a checkbox.

Joseph D.
Industry: Legal Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The best held desk software.. its a mobile friendly too

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

cost effective

Pros

It is Mobile friendly. Works on iPhone and android. It is Web based.
I can login anywhere from my browser and process the ticket.
Easy to use and fast.

Cons

scrolling to enter data. from field to field (this is only happens when you enter lots of data that you will really need to scroll down to go to another field. )

Dany N.

I like GIVA because it is simple to use and intuitive

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Pros

It is simple! You log in and boom you are up and running. GIVA is direct and succinct. That's all for now...

Cons

I am not able to customize it to fit me. I use GIVA everyday, i want to be able to add my personal touch to it. wouldn't be great to have a daily inspirational quote into GIVA? or to set a goal tracker into GIVA...

Cory C.

Fully featured and intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Up and running quickly, easy to use, HIPAA compliance, excellent reporting capability and cool dashboard.

Pros

We have reduced the amount of time that it takes to open a case by about 50% using Giva. We looked at a lot of different customer service apps. Giva is the best HIPAA option out there. Support team is very responsive.

Cons

Has all we need right now. They do very frequent releases so we will always get new features in the future.

Daniel R.

An above average product to handle ticketing, assets, and knowledge bases

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

Giva can handle the basics: ticketing, asset handling, knowledge bases, and change management. In my opinion, it excels when being extensible with a good API to integrate with current business processes and user management.

Gary T.

Simple and Effective

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

We have had great success implementing Giva as our help desk tool. Each step of the way the folks at Giva have been very efficient and supportive. We are looking forward to using the tool to it's full potential.

Olivier B.

Superb Service Desk for a very large retailer. Excellent dashboard and Reports

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

We have a lot of product requires since we run a large retail operation. Reports are exceptional; helps me save many days of work each month and increased team productivity 50%. Senior management loves the high granularity of metrics. Low TCO and high ROI on our labor and money invested in Giva. Great Tsunami Ticket to help consolidate issues in a major outage. Giva is a tremendous value for the price.

Pros

Awesome homepage dashboard with lots of functions that help us focus and on top. Very nice interface, not cluttered and easy on my eyes. Quick to learn and very little resources to maintain in the cloud. We use multiple service desks: IT, Financial, etc. It is a great value as we have multiple instances of Giva running with no additional. They're always asking us for feedback and they implement changes often. We are fans!

Cons

Giva is not infinitely customizable like Remedy or ServiceNow, but the lower cost of Giva is worth the tradeoff. Wish they had an AI robot that I could send to work while I sleep in. I'm sure it's coming soon :)

David G.
Industry: Medical Practice

Excellent value at an excellent price!

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

tons, Reporting, SLA's, KPI reports and great metrics, helped users see where their tickets stand. Just love it!

Pros

I like the fact that cust support is always available to assist if you have any questions (during setup). I love the ease of use and there is really very little training needed. The customer support is top notch in that within setting up a Critical ticket they respond quickly. I feel this product surpasses many others that don't even come close. I plan on using GIVA for a LONG time

Cons

None really to mention at this point and time. Well maybe one item but not a major concern of mine. It's the fact they don't have a customer support line. A support request has to initially be done by submitting a support ticket in the Giva system. However, for complex issues, after I submitted a ticket, I did get phone calls back and we engaged in a screen share to resolve my questions. That was very helpful.

Paul P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Easy to Implement and Use

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

We were literally up and running with the software after about 2 hours working with our sales representative. We tweaked a few things along the way and went live without any issues. Support is very responsive and they continue to update the product and add nice features regularly. As a manager who has implemented several service desks in the past, Giva was probably the fastest system I have taken from start to finish.

Pros

Ease of use and training of support staff. Integrated Knowledgebase.

Cons

You have to create reports to see closed calls as they are not simply on the menu.

Response from Giva

Since this review was written, a number of closed Tickets Reports are now available. Thanks for the feedback! Giva puts out a new release about every 3 weeks.

Tabitha A.

Love GIVA - More than Just HelpDesk

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

+++HIPAA COMPLIANCE with AFFORDABLE PRICING
++Flexibility in customization
++Customer Service and support
++Openness to product development

Cons

-Knowledge base could be more user friendly/aesthetically pleasing (coming from Zendesk platform)
-Customer level controls for ticket status, and email notifications when a customer has a task to complete in order to proceed are a MUST addition

Response from Giva

We have made enhancements to the Knowledge base to make it very friendly to use.

Customer level controls are available and Giva tech support showed this customer how to configure.

James F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

50% Increase in My Productivity & Giva is 70% faster than KACE, Spiceworks, AutoTask-Less Clicks

Reviewed on 2020/11/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I like the home page dashboard where I can add as many widgets as desired and resize them all to my liking I’ve not seen a software in the cloud with that function at Giva’s value orientated price point. The Dashboard has helped me increase my productivity by about 50%. The case/ticket Macro and Auto Close features will enable us to quickly effect many changes to speed resolution and increase customer satisfaction. The Scheduled Tasks features will help us unify maintenance and checks ups and serve as a way to never forget deadlines.

Pros

Our experience with Giva has been exceptional. It is super easy to get up and running right “out of the box”. There is depth to the configuration options, but it’s presented in a way that’s incremental and easy to understand. We can do as much customization as desired to get initially started and then do more advanced options as we grow into them. Although there’s a library of video tutorials and training materials, I became highly productive with Giva after just 3 days without using any learning materials. In our past experience using other systems it’s taken us many weeks to become productive. We compared Giva to KACE 1000 by Quest, Spiceworks, AutoTask and others. Giva’s user interface is considerably more elegant, well designed and easy to look at all day.

Cons

Not anything negative for right now. It's been a great experience learning and using Giva.

IT/Ecomm Management

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Overall, it helps ease and improve work process and issue management to increase functionality and resolve issues faster.

Pros

I can submit a ticket and it's severity level with a description so IT can funnel it to get fixed to the proper channels. It keeps communication between the entire team rather than one person working on the issue, and it eliminates duplicative work and patterns.

Cons

I can't see if/when someone else on my team issues a ticket that may be similar to something I am going to.

Diane A.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Awesome Change Management App & Excellent Calendar. Always adding new features.

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

The Change Calendar improved our productivity by about 60%. We can also link hardware and software assets and service requests to Requests for Change and that helps track important issues for reporting. The approval work flow helps us make sure all RFCs are properly documented and approved. The reporting and dashboards are very flexible and easy for anybody to use in our organization.

Pros

We run a 24 x 7 IT organization of a large public hospital. We’ve been using Giva since 2015 and we all love it. Overall, it’s an excellent HIPAA compliant product and we especially like the Change Calendar. Previous to Giva we used a lot of excel spreadsheets. All of the members of the CAB would come to our weekly meeting with their proposed changes which often conflicted with each other. With the Giva Change Calendar we can more quickly and efficiently plan changes. Our entire organization has visibility to what the different departments are doing from the proposal to implementation phase. Giva is ITIL compliant, but very flexible so we can adjust it to our specific requirements. We don’t have to use all the ITIL fields. Our Service Desk team also uses the Change Calendar to assess if a problem can be linked to a change related failure.

Cons

There are No negatives that I can think of.

Shirley W.

Worth its weight in “Gold”; saved two clients and increased productivity 20%

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Giva is an extraordinary value since it’s affordable, highly customizable and easy to get started. Giva allowed us to “shine a light” on all of our workflows and identify areas where improvement was necessary. This saved us from losing two clients so the ROI has been outstanding in just a short amount of time. The Giva customer service team is great; always very helpful and thorough. Just like the whole app, the reports are intuitive and we can keep drilling down to gain deeper insights and root cause.

Pros

We love Giva. It helped us immediately find gaps in our workflow processes. This has had a profound impact on transparency and workload balance. The reports and dashboards uncovered some key internal processes impacting customer satisfaction that we suspected were awry, but had no hard data to support until using Giva. Giva helped open our eyes to these issues with objective data. We are now reengineering these processes and can then closely monitor the changes made and keep on iterating. In addition, we increased Agent productivity about 20% in just the first few months and we anticipate realizing an even a higher increase in productivity. The entire app is intuitive, easy to navigate and easy to get up and running on and use day-to-day. My team are not all very technical, but they quickly learned how to use Giva. It was simple for us to get started and customize on the fly and grow into Giva as our needs change.

Cons

No "cons"; it does all that we need it to do.

Karen D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easiest to use HIPAA compliant customer service software

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

We can now collect and share patient health information securely with Giva using the self-service portal. This is a big benefit to support our affiliates. It’s nice that each person can have their own personal home page dashboard with little drag and drop cards from a library….very cool! New releases come about once per month and there’re never disruptive. It’s great to get a slow steady flow of enhancements packed with value. Giva listens to their customers like me for feedback.

Pros

Giva is easier to configure and administer than Freshdesk and Jira, as well as other cloud customers service software that I’ve used in the past. Giva is intuitive, friendly and quick to configure with lots of room to grow in customization. The screens are clean, straight forward and intuitive. It was easy and simple for our team to get started. It’s a great all in one system. They provided high touch support when we needed it during trial so that we could make sure all our requirements were met before buying.

Cons

No complaints at all. We are very happy with Giva.

Rachael R.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

HIPAA compliance for 40 sites at a great value. Better & less expensive than ZenDesk.

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

All of our support is initially done via routing emails into Giva to create requests. We are now much more responsive and have higher customer satisfaction by about 40%. We might implement the Giva self-service web form so customers can go to our web site and open requests. Giva has very frequent cloud releases so we keep getting new functions; wonderful value for our money.

Pros

We are very happy with Giva. I have people on my team that never used a customer service system and they learned Giva very quickly. So much customization is possible. The dashboard is great for a numbers/metrics person like me. It's easy to drag/drop widgets and arrange my own home page. Overall , a much better product than ZenDesk and others we looked at. The tech support from Giva is excellent.

Cons

I never saw some very useful things under the Advanced area of the Administration section until tech support told me.

Ruth H.

Highly customizable & overall easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/09/25

Pros

Ability to customize based off of business needs and user profiles. A lot of visibility in reporting to tickets and history. Forwarding rules & ticket generation rules are robust and highly adaptable to business.

Cons

The Ticket field requires a lot of scrolling down.

Response from Giva

Since this review was written, Giva's made many enhancements to eliminate scrolling. Thanks for the feedback! Giva puts out a new release about every 3 weeks.

John A.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Stands out from the rest for features, price and superb customer service.

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

Before selecting Giva, I tested 15 different customer service/help desk SaaS options including Salesforce.com, Zendesk and Zoho. Giva stands head and shoulders above them all. The interface is very intuitive and easy to learn, it does not take long at all to train personnel on how to use it, and the features make it an amazing value for the price. It's also HIPAA Compliant, which is extremely important to my company. Every concern that I had, I was able to work through with some guidance from my account manager. The customer service has been exemplary.

Cons

None from my experience.

Dylan G.

Very robust help desk software, highly recommended

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

I had never heard of Giva prior to my opportunity to try out Giva for a 30-day period. I found it to be highly customizable and very robust. Giva also provides the most value by offering an asset management module included with the cost of their help desk software while other help desk providers charge you per asset.

Skipper C.

Reliable functionality

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

The [email protected] eHelpDesk is easy to set up. The quick startup is facilitated by a minimum number of spreadsheets to capture required information. Once up and running, the software allows enough functionality to tailor it for individual organizations. We have some groups who use the application to help with workflow. As users become familiar with the application, the software limits customization. However, the administrators appreciate the simplicity and speed at which changes can be made. When tickets are closed, customers can provide immediate feedback and standard reports allow quick access to summary feedback data.