Trumpia

Multichannel SMS Marketing & Text Messaging Automation Tool

Ted P.

We manage 12 shopping center that are all very active with Trumpia and have excellent success...

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

The benefit is that all the centers that we support are able to engage 10's of thousand of customers on any given day

Pros

There platform is very dynamic and has a many options for engagement. Trumpia does a very good job with training and offers a variety tutorials that helps understand all the other options that they offer.

Cons

The platform isn't as intuitive as I hoped and finding thing isn't always very easy. Its nice that they offer so many modules and ways of engagement but for the average user they dont use them all. I think the main UI should be cleaner and easier to navigate

Art J.

Excellent software, super-responsive support team.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Allowed me to reach people that get way too much email to read it all.

Pros

I like the versatility the most. There are plenty of text messaging solutions out there, but none that can do what Trumpia can do.

Text with photos, images, video, audio, numbered mobile coupons with a private web-based redemption site that employees can access on their mobile phones to record discount programs. There's also a web-based customer loyalty program function that replaces paper cards entirely. Tons of options that marketing departments need, like surveys and trackable hyperlinks and automated variable messaging with additional list segmentation depending upon customer response.

Has some features that educational and religious organizations would use, though I'm not in those markets.

I really am hooked on the list segmentation and automation capabilities. This provides me with the ability to tailor my messages to subsets of the customer base. Set it, and forget- the software does the work. The best feature? That's easy: people actually read their text messages, unlike email, although Trumpia can do that too. It's a single platform that can do texts, email and social media.

The USA-based customer support is first-rate and very personal. They've helped me many, many times. I'm not a techie, and support is very important to me. They have a video training library with dozens of short feature videos. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Cons

That I didn't discover it sooner. A bit of a learning curve for my limited tech capabilities on some of the more advanced features. The support team walked me through those, though.

Stephen Y.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Very useful software and an easy convenient way to push our presentations to attendees

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Ability to easily push our presentations to attendees making it a convenient format to present our material.

Pros

Easy of use with a minimal learning curve . Have used the software for several different conferences and small to large with great consistency

Cons

Has limits to how many Keywords can be used at one time. Once we reach the maximum number of keywords, we then have to delete past keywords to open up space.

Carlos M.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

The API integration is fabulous and the connection through Zapier. It has a lot of functionalities.

Pros

The functionality of the platform and the API integration is very extensive. We have been able to use their API for our custom platform to send messages and codes through our distribution lists.

Cons

It can be pricey. Trumpia isn't the cheapest platform but it is very robust. If you are sending from 5,000 to 10,000 text messages per month, Trumpia is a great option.

Hannah C.

I love using Trumpia to quickly notify people!

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

I love that it can take less than 5 minutes to send a text message to over 300 people! Trumpia makes it easy to remind our student body about events. We also have this system in case of emergencies - we can quickly instruct our students. It's a great resource to have!

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a quick, easy way for contacts to get back into the system, once they've opted out.

Itula M.

Not great

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

Text message advertising. Loyalty program tied to customer phone number. Mass text message to customers.

Cons

Inconvenient with loyalty program. Using separate iPad. Need to be integrated with pos system to make it easier to pull up customer info.

Molly
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Disappointing Experience

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

We went with Trumpia because they seemed to be able to send out scheduled text messages to a large audience, however, this was far from true. We had a very negative experience with the company and do not recommend to others with similar needs.

Pros

It was marketed to send out scheduled text messages. Initially had support.

Cons

After we spent money on the system our support went down hill quickly. Our initial rep was not knowledgeable with the system and set up our campaign incorrectly. At this point we also learned they could not do what we wanted and were promised during the initial pitch. We then discovered many issues with our text campaign including texts not being sent to many of our recipients. The tracking was also very confusing to decipher. We then were transferred to another rep that was very unresponsive. We brought them many left over issues with the original rep, we were promised we would receive follow-up, and never received anything. We then discovered that our tracking was not even working correctly and all of our data was incorrect - we were given no solution. At this point we looked for a new vendor.

Lydia C.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A great tool to target mobile users.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

- Efficient and helpful Customer Service department
- Easy to track contacts from opt-in'd by different keywords
- 1-on-1 texting available
- Message templates

Cons

- Platform might be little bit complicated for starters, but Trumpia provided tutorials to assist.
- Text character limits

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

It was easy to get started, and the team at Trumpia provided great training.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Better outreach to our most engaged members.

Pros

It's easy to use from any computer and has built in tracking so I can measure the impact of my messages.

Cons

The interface is a little clunky and counter intuitive in some places. It can be difficult to learn where everything is.

Good so far. Pretty easy to get started.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Being able to go in and edit the campaigns quickly and easily. Not only can I go in and make quick edits, but the campaigns are quickly approved for use.

Cons

That you can't toggle a campaign on and off. This way if I have events that are weeks apart, then I can shut off the code and turn it back on, rather than deleting a campaign and starting over.

Jim C.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

So far so good

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

The flexibility and affordablity of the software was my first draw. Once working with it, I have found that they have a good customer support team that has assisted me every step of the way.

Cons

The initial setup is a large task but that was to be expected. I believe once everything is in place the upkeep should be less cumbersome.

John S.

Suck harder than Octopus legs...

Reviewed on 2016/09/16

Outdated, horrible and corporate-like nonsense. Once you gave them your money, they disappear. Bugs, poor UI / UX design and not responsive to request.

Pros

They are very friendly before taking your money. Has API

Cons

The system is outdated, it's buggy, it's frustrating, support is pathetic most of the times.

Heidi S.

Trumpia White Label is great

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

I've been using them since 2014 and have been satisfied with the product. I do with their sales staff understood the product a bit better when I speak with them about options and updates.

Pros

When I decided to open my business and needed a way to run contests using a shortcode and online method for entries Trumpia was the easiest and least expensive way to white label my company. I didn't have to spend in the six figures to have a system developed. I integrated my own web address into their system and they helped me provision my own shortcode.

Cons

I wish they had more robust offerings with the ability to do more complicated contesting. Cannot do some basic instant win and other type contests using this platform.

Blake C.

Good so far

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

Value and support has been awesome every time I call I have been able to get a quick response. I also like that they do annual and non profit discounts.

Cons

Not being able to text from your phone to a keyword. I would like to be able to set up mobile phone numbers that can text a list like other vendors.

Dianna C.
  • Industry: Farming

We have a great experience with Trumpia and could not be more pleased

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

It allowed us to create a list and keep our contacts update for sales and location pop ups

Pros

The software is easy to use and intergrate with all our social media platforms. The text messages get sent fast and accurate

Cons

I do not like that we can not see previous sent messages until after they are copied and added to the send to contact list. I also do not like how many characters we are limited to for the added cost

Katie S.

I have had a great experience with Trumpia

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

I like how many people I can send a message out to. It saves a lot of time for me to send out a text blast rather than calling each individual

Cons

I do not like how many different things I have to go through in order to get a message sent out. It is very time consuming when sending out blasts.

Pamela W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Worked with Trumpia to promote events through emails and texts.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

The texting service worked very well. I liked that I could use graphics and photos. It helped me contact a wide variety of people. And, the customer support team was helpful when I had a problem.

Cons

My department had a few problems with the emails, they wouldn't go through to my list. Also, often the system was down when I needed to use the service.

Julio F.

3 Years in and no complaints at all

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

Trumpia has been an excellent resource for our company for over 3 years now. The ease of use, great communication, and highly effective marketing tools make working with Trumpia all the better.

Cons

I personally do not have any cons, however, I do think the mobile version of the site can be improved.

Brian S.

Trumpia API user

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

Great people who are willing to help you be successful. The support team really does go above and beyond and is a differentiator among competitors.

Pros

Robust API with the ability to build a 2-way texting platform on top. The ability to text-enable a company landline or VOIP line is vital since we deal in the SMB sector.

Cons

There are some nuances that cause occasional bugs. Sometimes the source is on our end and sometimes on the Trumpia end. I also wish when my account balance fell below the balance I wouldn't have to contact someone to reactivate it for me so I can add more funds. Sometimes this can cause minimal delays and cause us to have minor downtime with SMS. We have processes in place to prevent this in the future, but it has happened a few times. (Mainly in our test environment).

Andrew C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

We decided to try trumpia a few years ago and signed up. Honestly i have not been that...

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

It obviously functions in regards to sending out texts. They system seems somewhat robust...but still not a lot that I like about it.

Cons

Email system is not very good. Texting system has some flaws in my opinion...for instance once a text is sent.. if someone replies to it after an amount of time... it can enroll them in something else because the same number is being used by other companies. I have not used Trumpia in a little while because I found something that is easier and works far better.

Randall R.

Trumpia makes it simple and fast to communicate with my team in the field.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

Able to store information that is used each time I send a text. I love that I can send to the whole team at once so everyone has the information they need.

Cons

I have noticed from time to time if i send a text prior to 8am it will not go thru. I use the function of choosing to send it later to bypass that. Outside of that I have no issues with the software.

Angela R.

Good

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

can reach multiple phone providers

Pros

online access, upload files and lists, schedule delivery of text in advance . access from anywhere

Cons

multiple lists dont get cross referenced, the scheduling fails and it does not tell you it has failed

Karla G.
  • Industry: Automotive

Automotive retail - franchised dealerships

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

The use of keywords is easy to set up and great during seasonal sales events. We were able to text-enable our local number within minutes!

Cons

Initially, it's hard to get your opt-in lists built up. I also wished that it integrated with our CRM so that messages would attach to our customers' records.

Jeni B.
  • Industry: Music

For a non-tech person, this platform was really user friendly & does what we needed!

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

I have already recommended this program to other promoters. The benefits are capturing fans at the time of a show so they don't have to remember to go to a website or itunes to buy music. This way we can stay in touch with them when

Pros

Trumpia is providing us with exactly what I was looking for. We wanted the ability to capture audience member's contact info at the time of a music show when the love emotion was peaked. This is working fabulously!

Cons

I wish I didn't have to buy such a big & expensive package (10 key words). Hopefully I'll need all 10 but for the first 9 months, 5 would have been good with a reduced price.

Alex H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

It's a great site that we love to use.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

It's great for communication. In student ministry we need to be able to get the word out quickly and accurately and this site helps us be able to do that.

Pros

It's easy to use. it's very funcional. it serves the purpose of our ministry. We love how easily we're able to get the word out about upcoming events.