Cumulus Retail

4,4 (10)
POS & eCommerce for Small Business That Works Well & Right

Connor H.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great products and service!

Reviewed on 2019/11/28

THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THEY PROVIDE ARE PORBABLY SOME OF THE BEST OUT THERE. THEY WERE ABLE TO GET ALL OF THE SAME ITEMS I DROPSHIPPED THROUGH RSR GROUP AND PUT THEM ON OUR WEBSITE AND THEY COVERED A LOT OF THE PROCESS. THEY MADE THE TEMPLATE AND TOOK CARE OF THE RED TAPE TYPE OF STUFF, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ADD YOUR PERSONAL FLAIR AND IMAGES TO IT. ONCE YOU GO THROUGH THE TRAINING IT BECOMES A LOT EASIER AND QUICKER TO GET THINGS DONE

THEY CAN BE A BIT PRICEY FOR A SMALL BUSINESS AND YOU WILL NEED TO PLAN ON SPENDING MUCH MORE THAN THE $350 A MONTH AND MAKE SURE YOU READ WHATEVER CONTRACTS THEY HAVE YOU SIGN COMPLETELY. I WAS UNAWARE OF A FEW DIFFERENT THINGS THAT I SIGNED UP FOR AND ONLY REALIZED AFTERWARDS THAT I REALLY COULDNT AFFORD IT LONG TERM.

Pros

THE POS SYSTEM IS VERY IN DEPTH
INTERGRATIONS WORKED WELL WITH MY VENDOR/WHOLESALER
GREAT WEBSITE DESIGNS
GREAT EMPLOYEES AND TRAINERS
VERY PROFESSIONAL
EXPERIENCED IN MANY INDUSTRIES
FIREARMS AND 2A FIRENDLY

Cons

A LOT OF THINGS YOU HAVE TO COORDINATE
LOTS OF ACCOUNTS TO MAKE WITH MANY COMPANIES
NOT THE BEST COMMUNICATION BETWEEN DEPARTMENTS
UNEXPECTED COSTS
LONG TERM CONTRACTS CUAGHT ME BY SURPRISE

Paul S.

Great product, with lots of features.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

As we were one of the first adopters we had a few issues, but they were addressed in a timely manner. We converted over to Cumulus from Retail Star, and I was a little disappointed that some of the main features that I used on a daily basis were not accessible on day 1. After some updates these features are accessible now.

Pros

Ease of use with a host of features. Cloud based allows for Inventory access from anywhere with Internet access.

Cons

We had the local server option install for redundancy, but this service can be slow at times. Plus any updates to products are not instant.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Paul!

Russell M.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Be Extra Cautious, What was covered in the sales pitch couldn’t actual be done

Reviewed on 2022/06/25

The overall best part was signing the termination of the contract three years after we started. After it was determined that the software would not do what they said it would do and they agreed in writing it couldn’t do what it was sold to do they would not terminate the contract and refund thousands of dollars spent on a system. So we paid for 36 months on a system that never processed an actual transaction. We also revoked ACH authorization for payment in writing and they still continued to ACH.

We also tried to reach out to members of the leadership team and all of our communications including communications that were mailed physically were never responded to or acknowledged.

Pros

This software in theory is great but it does not actually get going

Cons

The features that were pitched to us in all of the sales presentation turned out to be things that could not be delivered and implementation. Almost 9 months of back-and-forth with the implementation teams never could get system running.

Lightspeed POS

Reasons for Choosing Cumulus Retail

Features that were not currently available in the point-of-sale that we were using

Reasons for Switching to Cumulus Retail

We chose cumulus due to the fact some of the things that we needed within lightspeed would’ve been third-party connectors where with Cumulus they were built into the software
Roxanne B.

Happy with our new POS

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

All my products transfered over to the new data base, my empolyees love our new touchscreen cash register monitor, customer support and training people are awesome to work with! Overall the product is super easy to work with.

Cons

When ordering on a PO I wish there was a way to see "on hand" items on the same screen as the PO. (I heard that this will be in an upcoming update though). Also, I wish I could just hit the ENTER button when doing searches (instead of mousing up to the search button).

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Roxanne! And, yes, we have now added that feature to our software. You can now see "On Hand' items on the same screen as the PO. Hopefully you have already upgraded to our current version, if not- please reach out to our Updates Department and we can schedule your update!

Todd G.

The transition to the Cumulus platform was easy and seamless, the staff ensured we were...

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

Simple to use, easy to learn and well supported by a professional staff. Implementation was a breeze

Cons

The website development did not end up meeting our expectations but, they were willing to work with our chosen developer

Response from Celerant Technology

Happy to hear it, Todd! We value you as a client!

Eddie H.

President

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

CSR made this change over tolerable! They seem to understand our needs and concerns and in my opinion, they have been extremely helpful.

Pros

I feel that the combination of our Cumulus operation system and our website, our 65 year old business might be able to come of age in the 21st century.

Cons

This system is much slower when it comes to saving and finishing at the pos and back office compared to Retail Star.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks, Eddie! We appreciate your great review and more importantly, your partnership for so many years!

Alison T.

Worth the learning curve

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Pros

I like having the ability to work in remote locations. The pre set reporting helps with inventory control.

Cons

I miss the customizations from Retail Star and the ability to access older information from customer store credits and gift cards.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Alison! Considering Cumulus is web-based, you can access it from anywhere, anytime- and we're happy to see you are taking advantage of that!

Scott P.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Excellent for medium sized shops

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Everyone I've dealt with has been extremely friendly and helpful during the setup and training process. The support after the sale when minor issues have arisen has been excellent as well.

Pros

Tons of features
Shooting range management
Inventory Management
Built in bound book software
Smartwaiver integration
i4473 integration
Training course management
Fairly intuitive interface
Helpful and quick to react tech support

Cons

Not as easy to set up as the bargain guys (as expected)
No gunsmith support yet
No simple offline mode (local servers are optional, but if cloud based, there isn't a temporary cache to allow operation when the internet fails)

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for all the positive feedback, Scott! Its much appreciated and we love hearing what a great experience you have had with our customer service and support teams!

Darrin J.

Vary easy to use once I got the hang of it

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Pros

This has everything I need to run a indoor shooting range and gun shop. Once products are imported correctly it is vary easy

Cons

I wish it was easier to take in used guns through the system. every once in a wile i can use the same log in and have to use another.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Darrin! It's much appreciated!

Rohit B.

Review of Cumulus

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

Nice layout, and very good features for a retail store. Love that my website is connected with the point of sale system.

Cons

Lots of glitches in the beginning. Also Tech support not mac save even though product is being offered.

Response from Celerant Technology

Thanks for the review, Rohit! We appreciate your partnership!