Fulcrumapp.com

Custom form creation and mobile data collection software

Chad H.

Point Data Collection made easy

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

I am now able to get accurate 911 address points in seconds without guesswork that once took me hours and allowed errors to be placed on my map due to uncertainty of correct locations

Pros

I use Fulcrum every single day to collect new 911 address points when someone is going to be building a house or business in our location. Previously I would have to go to a site, get the GPS coordinates and then come back and put them into GIS. No I simply use Fulcrum to collect the point, then I share the data to QGIS and then once I save the data it is automatically uploaded to my PostGIS server and to the State of Tennessee repository. No muss, no fuss. LOVE IT and I frequently give talks at conferences and show my Fulcrum products to hundreds of people at a time.

Cons

I wish that Fulcrum would do lines and not just points. Then I would be able to more precisely map roads and driveways.

Greg W.

FulcrumApp - Game changer

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Exceptional for data collection in the field and ability to extrapolate date for various client reporting requirements

Pros

Ease of configuration and ability to distribute to all users.

Cons

Find it difficult to keep consistent API and webhook over time with Zappier. Sometimes need to delete and renew connections.

Stephanie K.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

I have used Fulcrum to maintain information on the presence of weeds within the road corridor and keep track of what and where we are treating those weeds.

Pros

The best thing that I have found is the ease of uploading and downloading data. The interfaces are easy to use and to customise. I have deployed the software to a team that are not technical experts and they were able to use the forms with minimal training.

Cons

As i am limited in what software i have access to it has been difficult to add background map data so that something is displayed when the mobile device has no coverage.

Coralline D.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Wonderful data gathering system

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Able to look at data being collected in real time.

Pros

Very easy to use, create surveys and collect data in many formats.

Cons

IT would be good to be able to add in a matrix style

Darren O.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Capture Field Sample Descriptions without Internet or Cell Service

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

We use Fulcrum in the mineral exploration industry where our sampling crews capture their field sample descriptions on their Android phones. Android phones are simpler to use as we can load background maps as maptiles into the app (a bit tricky to load onto iPhones). Crews record sample descriptions, take sample photos, and capture GPS coordinates all with their phone. Cell phone service or Internet is not required while in the field. The sampling crew refresh their phone app when they get back to camp in the evening where satellite Internet is available. So by the end of the day everyone's field data has been uploaded to the cloud. Head office can view progress within a few hours either with the map viewer on the Fulcrum website or by loading into the company's GIS database.

Pros

The app and website are both easy to use. It was easy to set up the data capture templates using the website tools. The templates were then uploaded onto the user's phones by simply refreshing their app. The users require minimal training to use the app.
Uploading the users data to a common cloud-based database by simply refreshing their app is probably the best feature of Fulcrum. No data loss and no duplication of data with multiple users.
We also like the licensing. We are seasonal users. So during the off-season we just keep one account active in order to save our templates and access our database online.

Cons

No real cons. Probably could be advertised more with some real-world examples on how to utilize the software. We learned about Fulcrum word of mouth.
Uploading background images could be easier. We currently create maptiles using TileMill which can be tricky.

Craig M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Natural Asset Contract Management

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Fulcrum has been an amazing experience and focus of constant improvement for Council's Parks, Trees and Bushland maintenance contract programs. All stakeholders have been very impressed by the flexibility to use and redesign each application to create greater operational efficiencies.

Pros

Designing the program to reflect contract KPIs has been instrumental in streamlining our contractor communication and compliance activities that drive monthly reporting. The fulcrum platform works on all our mobile devices without problem in the year we've worked with the product.

Cons

This spatial software uses 'pin drop' GIS points for recording data. Though there's a layer option to represent areas / polygons above the map, the pixel / resolution of our file was insufficient.

Response from Spatial Networks

Thanks for providing Fulcrum such a great review! We love to hear that we were able to help you streamline your contractor communication and compliance activities. We're so glad your stakeholders have been impressed by the flexibility we have to offer and your ability to create greater operational efficiencies.

Have you talked with our support team about your issues with file resolution? If not, please reach out to [email protected] We would love to know more and see if we can help you out.

Laurier K.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

It has been a great tool for our specific data tracking needs and our clients have been impressed with the functionality of this database. Being a mobile app based product it allows easy access to data files and in a regulated industry (pipeline construction) we are able to verify records immediately as requests are made.

Pros

This is a great tool for managing some of our data tracking requirements and the accessibility enhances the database even more. The data base is relatively easy to use once it is set up, however set-up can be a bit of a challenge.

Cons

As mentioned above, set-up of the templates was a bit of a challenge, but that is self imposed and not the fault of Fulcrum.

Lewis O.

Fulcrum NPGCD

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

It has been pretty good. Like I stated it had been a big time saver for us and makes us more efficient in our services.

Pros

It is easy to use and saves time in getting our inspection done, especially when we are spread out over the Texas Panhandle.

Cons

The system sometimes crashes when syncing it from an inspection and we tend to lose time and the data. I would like to have the 911 rural roads show up in application when viewing the map view, and I think the well number and section or GPU numbers could be larger so they can be read without reading glasses.

Kristin C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Carrington Risk Review of Fulcrum

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Pros

The geospatial aspect of Fulcrum is the differentiator. It's easy to build forms. It allows us to be flexible for our clients.

Cons

Understanding of our business and workflow is difficult, so it made use a little difficult. The only item of contention right now is lack of access to the report writer. This would make it perfect!

Ethan G.
  • Industry: Utilities

fulcrum review

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

very positive.

Pros

For someone who does not have a coding background and was apprehensive about building an app, fulcrum was incredibly user friendly and i was able to produce an app that had all the functionality i required.

Cons

there were data protection issues with it with regards to my companies data strategy.

Good system, up and running in no time

Reviewed on 2019/03/23

Pros

Up and running in no time. Good bouquet of features

Cons

Cannot add custom features easilty and white labeling not offered

Response from Spatial Networks

We're glad you're enjoying several of the features Fulcrum has to offer, and that you've found it easy to get up and running!

We would love to hear more about what custom features you are looking for.

We working on some changes within our app at the moment that, while these changes are not directly being done to support white labeling, it does address some of the technical needs white labeling requires.

• Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fulcrum for property inspections, condition auditing and asset management

Reviewed on 2019/06/30

Pros

Fairly low cost, low commitment. Highly customisable, agile and flexible. Very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Some more advanced features can cost more. Use of more advanced features does require more technical IT knowledge. Some limitations to the UX layout of the app

Kyo Y.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Solid data colleciton app

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Pros

Haven't found any other software that has this much functionality given the low licensing price, to flexible options in licensing.

Cons

Adding custom layers for the mapping component could be better

Luke G.

Aussie Battler

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

So far I have tested the software for 6 months and have had no major issues with its cappabilities. The platform is really is to use and has a well designed and speedy search function. 10/10.

Pros

The best attribute about the softwares was Fulcrums easy functionality.

Cons

A minor issue with the software was the speed to download as a PDF, it was faster to save a PDF through the print function than to download and save the PDF.

Rick F.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

I very much like the flexibility to write my own data collection apps and this product has been very good for accomplishing that goal. Overall it has been a very good experience

Pros

this software saves me a lot of time since i only have to enter my data collection once

Cons

The software can take considerable time to update if there is no cell phone connection

Rudolf K.

Fulcrum - Asset Management

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

Fulcrum is easy to use and understand, the interface was clean and uncomplicated. I used the software for asset auditing purposes specifically because Fulcrum enabled me to capture and store information about various types of assets with detailed photos including GPS coordinates and date and time information. The form setup made it easy to manage the workflow and data entry to ensure consistent results. The advanced search function made it easy to filter the data to find and compare information across multiple assets and locations.

Cons

I found the synchronization process to be slow at times.

Maury S.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Fast and simple mobile data capture system I've used

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

The follow up and support team were proactive in reaching out to me and were helpful in answering all my questions very quickly and effectively.

Pros

I run a small company that doesn't have an IT support team. I was impressed that I was able to start from scratch and build an application that allowed users to capture data on their smart phone (iOS or Android) and quickly and easily create a new business process that previously I thought was out of reach for a small firm like ours.

Cons

There was not much I didn't like about this software. Its capabilities met our needs pretty much right out of the gate.

Daniel T.

User friendly product

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

We wanted to have a system for quality check, Fulcrum meets our needs in every way. The product works well, there is a good customer support in the life chat if questions are coming up.
The product is flexible and easy to use for most of the people, don't need to be a professional programmer to do that.
The electronic way of doing QC helps to save paper and time.
Up to today everything is very satisfying

Pros

Easy to use, the software was quite simple to learn and easy to handle changes.

Cons

For every plus it cost quite a bit more, the pdf export for example cost quite a lot for having own Logo.
We use the app only for making QC.

Roger C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Great product, we in the past attempted to build packages like this, and once we found Fulcrum we found no need to build our own.

Pros

I like Fulcrum because it does what I need it to do, and changes to update the needs project specific are very easy for out IT team.

Cons

If any cons, it would be printing, but find it normally very easy.

Seana T.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Fulcrum App is amazing for collecting data!

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Pros

I like the fact that you can write out a report utilizing the drop boxes in easy steps and attach photos; that it captures the address where we are immediately when we pull up to the address.

Cons

I enter some basic data (such as dates and generic info) BEFORE we capture photos so I add the data manually at the office. I don't care for the drop down box to enter dates. It works if you're adding info in the field, but when at the desktop, it's sloppy and it's a lot more mouse clicks than if you were to just enter the date, which you can't do. (Note: in the past, you could just enter the date; but, with an update, they took that feature away.)

Justin T.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Fulcrum is Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Overall, we have been highly successful with using Fulcrum for our projects and it has played a critical element for winning new jobs. Our clients love our data collection services that we provide to them, and it would not have been possible without Fulcrum.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive interface, very powerful data collection tool that is highly customizable for each project

Cons

Cannot do mass deletions of data; need to create a new database and only upload the data that you want remaining

Robyn T.
  • Industry: Research

Fulcrum for Field Collections

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Pros

I like that we can switch between map and list views, that Fulcrum has a scanner function, that we can separate all of our collections, and that we could personalize the information recorded for every collection.

Cons

I don't have any major complaints. My one complaint is that some of the icons I need to click are awkwardly placed.

Mallory S.

Great multi-purpose tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

This was just the sort of product I was looking for--inexpensive, adaptable to anything your want to tie to a property or location and web-based.

Pros

Fulcrum is easy to set up, customize and use and has made my job easier, better organized and fun! We just got started and already use it for a range of projects from Home of the Month to vacant building registration. Color coded maps are the best way to show commission and board members how things are going in our city.

Cons

I can't think of any suggested improvements, but I imagine improvements will be made and I'll be thrilled!

Chris S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Simple and effective with no coding needed

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Excellent, great support from Fulcrum.

Pros

I like that I can set up an electronic form in minutes, without needing to code and I can modify the form easily.

Cons

It would be nice if users could collect spatial information in the field with this software.

Leigh R.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use on site data capture

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Pros

Using this software out in the field was easy, quick and user friendly, which is exactly what you want especially in summer in the Australian Bush. You are able to capture detailed information and take plenty of photos.

Cons

Not able to tailor once set up (I was not involved with the set up of the software, however). Some issues with syncing, but had little signal/service in places.