Write a Review!

4.9/5

John
John
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

There is no better option anywhere near this price point

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later.

Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

Pros

The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight.

The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP.

No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well.

This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

Cons

My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago.

This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

Niclas

Great for monitoring and administrating remote sites

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

We monitor lots of small remote branches using domotz Pro. Being always up to date on the internet connection speed, the availability of important services and having the ability to remotely configure devices makes domotz a big plus for us.

Pros

domotz Pro is a great solution for monitoring distant networks. The remote agent infrastructure make the deployment and rollout easy. We especially like the ability to integrate PDUs for switching remote devices on and off and the remote connection capabilities (web, rdp, ssh, custom ports). This enables us to do zero touch deployments of devices that have static IP addresses preconfigured in a different subnet and are shipped directly to the customers.

Cons

Some license limitations such as a limited amount of shared alerts in the "Advanced" subscription plan should be relaxed. Besides that, most monitoring needs can be realised using custom TCP/SNMP queries.

PRTG

Reasons for Switching to Domotz

Agent deployment on small Linux devices, NAS system, or with the domotz box.
Filippo
Filippo

Big surprise!!!

Reviewed on 2021/03/01

This plaform help us to monitor some customer networks to proactive solve issue. Very helpfully!

Pros

We leave from another platform because the cost was most expensive. During a Synology DSM 7 Beta test, we found this cloud network platform and we try to use it. The features is not the same like the platform abandoned, but the features is constantly a work in progress. The support is very professional and a very smart team. The plus, is that the idea and development is an Italian team, and for an italian citizen is a very proud plus!

Cons

The only things I don't like is the subnet scan that is a /22 scanning. But, the support team is on piece to help you to improve it.

David

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

We use Domotz to provide access to all of the networked items such as printers, firewalls, switches, wireless APs, etc. Managed Service Providers typically provide access to desktops and servers. With Domotz we can provide access to all of the devices directly to their GUI interfaces without setting up a VPN.

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Great support. I have only used email support and have implemented the support recommendations at my own pace. The support suggestions were spot on.
3. Layout is intuitive and designed well

Cons

1. In application support links would be beneficial
2. Updating of device information could happen quicker. i.e. if you rename a wireless access point it retains the old name until the following day
3. The VPN connection does not work consistently. ( I have not had time to work with support on this. Might be a me issue rather than the software issue.)

Niels

Domotz offers exactly what i was searching for

Reviewed on 2022/08/09

Pros

The product is easy to use, has alot of options that i missed by default in other monitoring software. And offers a intuitive dashboard that is easy to navigate.

Cons

If i had to name anything it would probably be the fact that Domotz primarily (as far as i have been able to see) through a cloud portal. I havent been able to find a option yet to only run the software on dedicated hardware without the portal.

An outstanding network monitoring tool!

Reviewed on 2023/05/04

Pros

I have been using Domotz for over a year, I must say that I am impressed with the quality of the service and the fact that features are constantly improving.First, I like the UI very much, it's clear and smooth.Features to be considered:A complete device list with,- much information about the device- ways to connect to- customizable alerts- SNMP monitoring- TCP monitoring- System informationNetwork topology,- very visual- with a well-configured switch, you can know on which port is what deviceRemote connection and VPN to devices.Network performances,- Info- Route analysis- speed test- downtime- alertsAutomatic discovery of new devices on the network,- This way, you know when an unauthorized device joins your network.- You don't have to enter them manually, they are discovered, and you can adapt the info about these devicesNetwork security status, to be permanently aware of the open doors- TCP open port scanner- UPnP port forwarding scannerCustomizable alerts and many integrations.Domotz offers an excellent mobile application.Also, Domotz offers outstanding support! The response delay is extremely low, and that's a big plus! You generally get an answer within minutes! Incredible! Also, the support quality is excellent, and the people are very helpful and kind!

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is that its price has gone up 2x since I started using it. The increase is not huge, but we don't like price increases.

Dan
Dan

A very good way to keep track of your networks.

Reviewed on 2021/07/08

I have been using Domotz Pro for almost 2 years now and my main purpose
was to get a good program...

I have been using Domotz Pro for almost 2 years now and my main purpose
was to get a good program that could spot new devices popping up in the
network to spot strange behavior BUT also to keep track of the status
of all my existing "good" devices and see if important ones goes
offline. I have tried to find other similar products on the market but
have not found one that is as good as Domotz.

Pros

Very quickly spots new devices in the network and also keeps track of
what port in the switch it comes through. And also keeps a good view
of all the devices and tracks status. Also the software is developed
and new smart features and is added on a regular basis.

Cons

So far there is really no things that I dislike. It really works OK
in my opinion. The only thing that I do not like is that they have
removed the "Lite" version so private persons like myself could afford
to use this powerful software. (I have been running the
"Legacy Lite plan" at an affordable level for a private user but you
could not order that any more) However, apart from that and for
businesses I still would recommend this as it is a good software for
sure.

Richard
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Foundation of our Networking Monitoring Solution and Remote Maintenance Packages

Reviewed on 2024/01/05

We've used it for over five years now and it is our primary remote management tool for all our sites. Easy to set up and configure and ultra fast in sending notifications.

Pros

Quick and simple to set up.
Fast to detect faults or devices dropping offline.
Highly configurable.
Speed Tests/Ping Tests/Network Topology/Shared Alerts and Notifications.

Cons

It can seem expensive for some our sites that we monitor. However, it's miles ahead of free alternatives.

Samuel
Samuel
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Perfect, essential for every IT administrator

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Pros

An indispensable program for administrators or IT technicians,
keeps track of all the company network products in order.
It allows in advance to intervene by the customer in case of failures,
the app is easy and intuitive, allows you to have alerts of what happens in the network in real time!
Forwarding have recently opened to third-party developers this means the possibility of integrating or having many innovations in terms of integration, from the asset software to the hw asset, I am confident that these indispensable functions will soon arrive!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
It was a long time since I was looking for a similar product

Cons

I have not seen any obvious defects, the only improvement I can recommend, to lighten up the old-style PC graphics

Clayton P.
Clayton P.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

"Domotz - Time Savings and Better Decision Making"

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Easy setup with multiple/flexible options. Domotz gives me amazing insight and intelligent reporting that makes my techs 2x smarter and more efficient. No more hunting through static netmaps, or hunting down the root cause, Domotz gives me all the information I need in an instant.
Amazingly affordable for the features and possibilities. I've only been a user for 6-7 months, but I'm finding new use cases for Domotz daily.
While I haven't rolled this out to my whole portfolio of 500 sites yet (12k cameras), the business case is an easy decision to help me manage our ever growing business.

Pros

Easy Deployment/Setup
Intelligent Design/UI/UX
Detailed Insights
Easy to Manage
Global view of issues
Network Topology - the greatest thing ever
Amazing support team

Cons

If I had to get nitty gritty, the only thing I don't like is that I can't close out of a popup window by clicking outside of it...and that they "X" to close it out isn't in an ideal location.

Perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase still, but for the price I can't knock Domotz for anything.

Torsten
  • Industry: Photography

A great and easy to use monitoring platform

Reviewed on 2022/06/01

I have a great experience using Domotz including the support that does a really good job with precise and fast responses.

Pros

Domotz has a very friendly user-interface, it has a web-app and a mobile-app, both offering support for dark mode. It recognizes new devices immediately with sending a push notification to the mobile devices, so that in case of an unauthorized access the necessary steps can be taken. I am using the platform since 2016 and since then it has been continuously being enhanced with new features. Domotz also has a lot of integration into Microsoft Teams, Slack, Wehbooks, Telegram and many others. Even Node-Red has a compoment for Domotz. The Domotz agent can run on multiple platforms like Synology, Qnap, Raspberry Pi, Microsoft or you can simply use the Domotz Box as a hardware appliance. Next to the device list with lots of information being gathered automatically upon device recognition, a network topology is shown, the network performance is constantly measured and there is a wide variety of customs and default alerts that can be defined, next to a lot of different reports, that are available. So Domotz is the best tool, that can be used for all kind of different network monitoring.

Cons

Nothing, Domotz offers all necessary functions for monitoring a network.

Miguel

The right tool for right job

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

Easely support and access to customers devices onsite

Easely support and access to customers devices onsite

Pros

Easy to deploy and understand, affordable for SMB

Cons

If you there is no possibility to install an agent, you need to purchase the Domotz box which is was only available through Amazon in Italy. Also the price has double on this device in the last 6 month.

Response from Domotz

Hi Miguel,
Thanks so much for your review and for being a valued Domotz user. We just wanted to comment on the box pricing. We believe that what happened here is an unauthorized reseller was selling the box at a higher price on Amazon. Our listing was temporarily unavailable due to Brexit in certain European markets and thus unauthorized resellers may have been price gorging during this time. We are sorry about this. We only sell the box at 99 EUR and have never increased the pricing. We are sorry for this experience you faced. You can always visit https://www.domotz.com/domotz-box.php for the information on purchasing the box and pricing or by reaching out to us on [email protected] for more information.
Thanks a lot for your review and we hope to see you soon on Domotz.
The Domotz Team

Mike

Must have MSP Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Domotz is a great tool and a must have tool for MSP. Not only is the software killer, their support is 5 stars!

Pros

Domotz is a must have MSP tool. It gives us the ability to not only monitor and configure custom alerts for each of our clients but it allow us to quickly resolve issues right from the application or mobile app. Being able to quickly restart an access point or switch, turn on PoE on a specific port or create a tunnel to remotely access needed resources is super powerful.

Cons

Domotz doesn't have the ability to collapse a single client's locations in one heading in the app.

Auvik

Reasons for Choosing Domotz

Cost
Tim

Excellent "now" network monitoring tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

I use the box in high value private assets where there is no IT support onsite, this allows me to see and access what is going on. I think it is value for what you get, and happily pay a little more if the IT network monitoring would be more comprehensive and collected data more accessible.

Pros

It's a simple unit (I only use the "Box" version), that you can in matter of minutes setup and integrate into the network. It collects detailed data and depending on the device has very integrated management features. Their customer support is fast and thorough, bending over backwards where they can.

Cons

It's a now product, I like to look at the (recent) history and see if there are trouble patterns, it is hard to extract this from the interface. It also misses (standard, for me) features like network topology. Their "Fingbox" product at this time gives a better monthly report that the pro version. Currently I use another software tool to fullfill these extra features and end up paying double, money that I would pay on Domotz instead!

William

Works great for our Use

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

Great Piece of software - Installed it in an Ubuntu VM on Proxmox and was up and running in less than 20 minutes. Where the schools have all been forced to go online, we needed a way to monitor all of online systems and know immediately if there were any issues. Domotz does that, email, Push Notifications, alerts when system gets overloaded, goes down etc... With the ability to remote into our servers and network equipment from the house - I haven't had to go to the CFCC Campus in 6 weeks or more. Highly recommend!

Pros

The ability to remote into any system on our network
Alerts when there are issues
Ability to run in a VM

Cons

Can only scan a /24 network
Monthly Fee :)

Response from Domotz

Hi William, thanks for the review and we're glad you're enjoying the Domotz platform!

Also, we wanted to let you know that you can scan more than /24 network with Domotz. You can scan up to a /22 on the main network, and you can add multiple VLANs (L2 / L3) or private subnets (L3 only). Feel free to contact our support team if you want help setting that up or have any other questions regarding the product. ([email protected]) Thanks again!

Krzysztof

Mature network monitoring solution

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

After four years of using this solution I have got only good impression.

After four years of using this solution I have got only good impression.

Pros

Easy to configure. Easy to use. Transparent network presence. Great user interface. Many installation options. Available for any platform.

Cons

Sometimes needs a little bit more attention during reconfiguration of existing appliance.

Darren

Great Network Monitoring/Mapping software for MSPs and IT professionals

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

Allowing us as a growing MSP to focus on our customers and allow Domotz to look after and monitor the network. Really good to have a client side alert as well that allows them to look at alerts if required.
Had most of the features we were looking for when refreshing our RMM portfolio, including sync and simplification of the data between other tools

Pros

Great, simple to use features allowing us to quickly setup our core network monitoring for new clients.
Integration with our other MSP tools such as Autotask, Hudu and Unifi/Ubiquiti
Network mapping - a part of a product we have been looking for but without the cost of others that we have previously used

Cons

More costly integration (per agent) for Autotask than we would like

Rodolfo

Excelent Network Management tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

For me it has been money well spent. I couldn´t find any other tool that provides all this number of benefits for the monthly cost. When I have had any issues with the company (all of them related to my Credit Card), I always received an excelent solution for my problems.

Pros

The ease and power I have over my two LAN´s, both at home and at the office. Basically, besides having an inventory of all my devices, and alerts when an important one goes down, I love the option to use the remote control I have over some of my remote devices. For me, that is what makes all the difference.

Cons

Some of the tools available for the user are too advanced for me, so I cannot get any advantage out of them. I guess is just a matter of going back to the books and doing some research and testing.

David
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

How could we ever live without the Domotz-Solution?

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

With the Domtoz-Box I monitor all endpoints via one interface over all locations. I always know which devices need attention. So I also can support ALL devices via the portal. From PCs to our surveillance cameras and servers. The most important feature is the push notification to my smartphone. This is more than perfect.

Pros

I was sceptical because I could not imagine what the Domotz box could do for us.
After the first test, I immediately signed up for the Premium Subscription and gained a whole new freedom. The features are enormous. I save so much time.

Cons

I haven't even tested all the possibilities. How can I already miss something?

Jörgen

Network Assistent

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Very great experience, Ive decided to use this on all my network install

Very great experience, Ive decided to use this on all my network install

Pros

The quick setup and the way the agent scan the entire network and gives me information about where all units are connected and also what type og things that are on the clients net.

Cons

Sometimes the agent can't detect all products, that leads to manual work of detecting the items.

Adnan
Adnan
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Bomotz as a home user

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

I loved it. It’s a wonderful and well thought of product for home and enterprise use.

Pros

Best part of this solution is the mobile app and realtime notifications.

Cons

Solution must also have the capability to analyze traffic (network flows) and report trends and anomalies.
Licensing should be based on the deployment scale instead of features.

Mel

The solution for the overworked tech and/or manager

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

I began with a free trial of Domotz, and quickly realized that it would work not only for my business server, but that it would help with the other servers I manage. It was easy to add new devices, as well as to talk to the tech support when I had questions about billing. As a tech, I work with multiple types of devices, so I was impressed that between my different OS, and different hardware, there was no compatibility issues. I have networks of greater than 50 devices and networks of less than 10, and the software behaves beautifully no matter the size or traffic of network. I've tested the app on wifi and LTE while travelling, and not experienced delays or issues.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of the software install on servers. It easily integrated with my smartphone, and I was up and running in less than 10 minutes. The user interface is designed for a quick glance, and the reporting function makes documentation easy.

Cons

The only feature I feel is currently missing is a per-device report generator.

Brad

We use this every day and love it!

Reviewed on 2023/06/02

Pros

We love how easy this product is to use and deploy.

Cons

We have not found anything yet that we genuinely dislike.

Alan
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 2022/11/18

Pros

Easy to use , works on multiple devices would recommend

Cons

None really its a really good application and solution to my requireements

Yuri
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Perfect tool to take control over the network

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Pros

I do not have to be classic system administrator to start using Domotz. Clear interface, web and iOS app lets me know what happens in my network. Agent on Raspberry Pi works just perfect

Cons

did not found yet, for my company need works well