Domotz Pro

Remote Network Monitoring & Management in an IoT World.

5 /5 (58 reviews) Write a Review!
4,8
4,7
4,9
4,9
Industry: Computer Software

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

I'm a happy customer - its a simple pricing structure which makes it simple to deploy and use

Pros

While there is other competitive options on the market, Domotz accomplishes its primary aspects in a more readable fashion. The reporting is useful and by and large the tool just works. They seem to always be making improvements and its been becoming a much stronger product.

Cons

Feature development can take quite awhile but they work when they are released.

Niclas R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great for monitoring and administrating remote sites

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

We monitor lots of small remote branches using domotz Pro. Being always up to date on the internet connection speed, the availability of important services and having the ability to remotely configure devices makes domotz a big plus for us.

Pros

domotz Pro is a great solution for monitoring distant networks. The remote agent infrastructure make the deployment and rollout easy. We especially like the ability to integrate PDUs for switching remote devices on and off and the remote connection capabilities (web, rdp, ssh, custom ports). This enables us to do zero touch deployments of devices that have static IP addresses preconfigured in a different subnet and are shipped directly to the customers.

Cons

Some license limitations such as a limited amount of shared alerts in the "Advanced" subscription plan should be relaxed. Besides that, most monitoring needs can be realised using custom TCP/SNMP queries.

David L.

Domotz

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

We use Domotz to provide access to all of the networked items such as printers, firewalls, switches, wireless APs, etc. Managed Service Providers typically provide access to desktops and servers. With Domotz we can provide access to all of the devices directly to their GUI interfaces without setting up a VPN.

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Great support. I have only used email support and have implemented the support recommendations at my own pace. The support suggestions were spot on.
3. Layout is intuitive and designed well

Cons

1. In application support links would be beneficial
2. Updating of device information could happen quicker. i.e. if you rename a wireless access point it retains the old name until the following day
3. The VPN connection does not work consistently. ( I have not had time to work with support on this. Might be a me issue rather than the software issue.)

Christopher F.
Industry: Hospitality

Domotz for remote administration

Reviewed on 2020/11/07

Fast, easy, and stable

Pros

This cost effective little box packs a bunch of features such as active monitoring and notifications, remote connection to network devices, and a easy to read and understand dashboard.

Cons

I use this device to remotely access devices on distant networks and the software currently only allows for a single concurrent session. I would like the ability to open multiple connections in a single session. I would also like to see the company offer an enterprise subscription model and an easier way to manage subscriptions.

Rodolfo G.
Industry: Education Management

Excelent Network Management tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

For me it has been money well spent. I couldn´t find any other tool that provides all this number of benefits for the monthly cost. When I have had any issues with the company (all of them related to my Credit Card), I always received an excelent solution for my problems.

Pros

The ease and power I have over my two LAN´s, both at home and at the office. Basically, besides having an inventory of all my devices, and alerts when an important one goes down, I love the option to use the remote control I have over some of my remote devices. For me, that is what makes all the difference.

Cons

Some of the tools available for the user are too advanced for me, so I cannot get any advantage out of them. I guess is just a matter of going back to the books and doing some research and testing.

Mel B.
Company size: Self Employed

The solution for the overworked tech and/or manager

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

I began with a free trial of Domotz, and quickly realized that it would work not only for my business server, but that it would help with the other servers I manage. It was easy to add new devices, as well as to talk to the tech support when I had questions about billing. As a tech, I work with multiple types of devices, so I was impressed that between my different OS, and different hardware, there was no compatibility issues. I have networks of greater than 50 devices and networks of less than 10, and the software behaves beautifully no matter the size or traffic of network. I've tested the app on wifi and LTE while travelling, and not experienced delays or issues.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of the software install on servers. It easily integrated with my smartphone, and I was up and running in less than 10 minutes. The user interface is designed for a quick glance, and the reporting function makes documentation easy.

Cons

The only feature I feel is currently missing is a per-device report generator.

Alexandre F.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Product and Service with a super responsive customer support

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Pros

- easy to setup on various platform
- great user interface and easy to use
- technical support very responsive and able to solve issue or request in a couple of hours

Cons

Really? Nothing! It provides a rich feature set.

Olivier R.

Support

Reviewed on 2020/10/03

Pros

Security and Support by distance, I use a lot

Cons

Please ease the way to manage/clean alerts especially upnp alerts

Marco B.

Remote support

Reviewed on 2016/04/04

Domotz is a network monitoring and remote support tool. The interface is really user friendly and you can choose which devices you want to monitor closely by setting up alerts. The remote access feature is good, which enables me to access devices and computer remotely. The remote power functionality is also really great, because I can reboot devices from remote. I like that Domotz offers a free trial before committing to the service and afterward the subscription is super affordable at only a few dollars a month. If you are helping someone with an IT issue remotely, Domotz is definitely the affordable software to do it with. I also like that the systems can be downloaded for free on an inexpensive Raspberry Pi, so I don't need to purchase any additional hardware.

Samuel V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

A must have to manage your network

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

It was very easy to implement - either via their hardware or software installation on our Synology. And the integrations with our ticketing system as well as our wireless controller is just awesome. Their customer support is top notch as well. They actually took the time to reach out to me when a feature I wanted became available.

Cons

Nothing yet. This product has exceeded our expectations.

Mark R.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great tool to have in your tool bag

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

It is very handy to use when traditional remote connections are not working as they should

Cons

None with the software, just wish there was a number to call for those immediate questions/issues but they are fairly prompt with emails.

Alex L.

Great Software and very easy to use quickly

Reviewed on 2016/04/07

Fantastic software for its small cost with very handy features for home users as well as installation companies like myself. You will not be disappointed with how simple it is to get your devices all being monitored from one app.

Mike E.

Must have MSP Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Domotz is a great tool and a must have tool for MSP. Not only is the software killer, their support is 5 stars!

Pros

Domotz is a must have MSP tool. It gives us the ability to not only monitor and configure custom alerts for each of our clients but it allow us to quickly resolve issues right from the application or mobile app. Being able to quickly restart an access point or switch, turn on PoE on a specific port or create a tunnel to remotely access needed resources is super powerful.

Cons

Domotz doesn't have the ability to collapse a single client's locations in one heading in the app.

John B.
Industry: Oil & Energy

There is no better option anywhere near this price point

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later.

Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

Pros

The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight.

The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP.

No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well.

This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

Cons

My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago.

This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

Paul O.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent monitoring software

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

It monitors my home networks and keeps me informed of issues as they occur.

Pros

I am using this product on my two home networks. It gives me an instant snapshot on the status of all of my devices 24/7. It sends alerts when important devices are offline. It is easy to use and navigate and you can also access all the information on your smartphone.

Cons

Sometimes indicates a device is offline when it is not.

Lello D.

Once you start using Domotz for monitoring your customer networks and devices, you cannot go back!

Reviewed on 2016/04/14

Domotz is super easy to install and get up and running. Set-up is as simple as connecting a power plug and a network cable. That's it!
Domotz also has an app so I can access all my Domotz agents/customer networks anytime, from anywhere, which runs perfectly on my iPhone.
I love that I can setup alerts for all the important devices on my customers' network (I do residential Home Automation installations). When any of my customer's important devices go offline, I'm notified in real time and I can remotely solve the problem (in 99% of cases rebooting the device solves the problem which I can also do from the Domotz app!). I can do all troubleshooting for my customers, right from my iPhone!
Before using Domotz, to do the same troubleshooting operations it was cumbersome and time consuming. I had to start my PC (I don't always carry my PC with me), connect to the internet, remember the credentials to access the customer's devices via DynDNS or via VPN (both of these services require a long time to setup), remember what PDU and port that device is connected to, or access to file with that customer network topology, then access to the PDU and cycle that port. That was extremely difficult to be done out of my office, now I can do in few clicks from my iPhone!
Thanks to the live monitoring activity and customized alerts, I can immediately take action on any device problems my customers may have, including the ones that they have not discovered yet.
Domotz is the software of choice for integrators. They offer a significant free trial of 90 days, which makes the software well worth giving a try!
Overall, I highly recommend Domotz for monitoring and remote support.

Jeffrey S.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Home and Remote User

Reviewed on 2020/07/25

GREAT software to let me know when something is down.

Pros

Easy to use and setup for a NON Professional. I'm NOT a Big Company just a single Synology user that has Units out of state.

Cons

NONE for myself, does WAY more than I use it for.

Nick M.

Best Remote Management Software Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Need to have some better training sessions and phone technical support when needed.

Pros

This software is easy to use and provide useful information about ones network.
I like the ability to test speeds remotely and see all devises on the network

Cons

might be a little costly and need a yearly option vs monthly
example: 1-10 Agents costs x yearly---10-30 Agents costs y---30-50 cost z etc...

Chad C.

Excellent management tool

Reviewed on 2020/01/24

Experience has been stellar and we highly recommend and use Domotz in our client environments as well as our own.

Pros

This product is super easy to set up and use. Domotz saved us a ton of time and money. Plug and Play environment is always the best option for MSP's

Cons

The network topology cannot be printed or downloaded into a file that is readable or shareable. 100 devices on a network and its very hard to see the full picture.

Marcin M.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Really good

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

I think that the easiest interface. Application for mobile devices and Web app

Cons

The price can be a little less for that software.

Gianluca N.
Industry: Financial Services

Best network tool!

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

Discovered few months ago, you can easily review your network architecture, manage it and monitor in real time with alerts and connect to your device remotely.

Pros

Remote connection and alerts

Steve K.
Industry: Machinery

Great tool

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/31

ability to identify issues when a user says "things are slow"

Pros

I like the inexpensive nodes I can place at each site that will give me better visibility from each location.

Cons

There are a couple features, like HTTP Ping, eye history, and network mapping that would be great to implement, however it is a great tool.

Howard H.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Easy remote monitoring and access

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

Highly recommended! For £20 pm you will be hard pushed to find anything better.
There are many other remote access products but I have found them to be fiddly or time consuming, not to mention costly. We are a startup so cost is obviously very important to us. Domotz provides exactly what we need, with a simple interface and ease of use.

Pros

Very easy interface, multiple installation options like Ubuntu, Synology and Docker to name a few. Easy setup which allows me to deploy within minutes. Recently deployed three agents to remote locations. The VPN feature allows us to keep full control.
A nice touch - the VPN can be configured to access via custom ports. I have a single box solution for a remote customer that is running a Type 1 Hypervisor and multiple VM's and Containers within. I can access everything via the VPN without any human involvement, which given the locations, is a must.

I also use the Android app for alarms (I can also access remote devices through the VPN from my phone) and this works well. remember to disable battery control on your Android, otherwise alarms can be delayed.

If using SNMP PoE devices, you can power cycle the port on the switch via the web interface or app. It also has great recognition of well known devices and will group them if required. For example, our office has several Samsung Smart TV's as well as Ubiquity network equipment. They have each been grouped which allows for quick access.

Cons

None that hinder my requirements. The map (when using SNMP devices) is quick to populate however, you are unable to modify it's layout or add colour. This would be a nice touch. But this does not discourage my use of the product.

Stacus O.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Proactive Monitoring

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Domotz Pro features and functions have opened up a multitude of avenues to exploit while monitoring our edge devices. Our team has the ability to address problems in real time and reduce overheads incurred through field engineer deployments. We can now centrally manage and monitor edge devices by drilling down to services affected at both a port and switch level. Additional to monitoring, Domotz has availed a reporting facility that we use to justify works done for our customers, a critical component when meeting Service Level Agreement Timelines.

Pros

Everything! The Domotz team have developed a well thought out product that addresses the needs of the end user without the need of complex configurations seen in most RMM tools today. My personal favorite features include Domotz Eyes with Alerts, VPN on Demand, Network Monitoring, Web-hooks, VLAN support and IoT integrations.
Working with Embedded systems deployed across remote locations, there is no better tool to provide us with real time proactive monitoring of our remote assets.

Cons

We have not experienced any Cons with the product thus far. However we are grateful to the development team that is constantly engaging with us to add features to the product and expand the scope of use with the ever changing Network and IT environments in to day's world

Jonathan H.
Industry: Hospitality

Great way to show your internet provider speed issues, and excellent monitoring too

Reviewed on 2020/04/26

I have been running Domotz for almost 3 years across a number of networks.... the most beneficial has been across a medium size, distributed wifi network with 33 important devices (wifi access points, switches, routers, VOIP, security cameras, and wifi backhaul) being monitored. With domotz I can quickly identify issues and resolve them fast. The remote access is a bonus for when I am not on site.

Pros

The best feature for us has not been the monitoring (which is great) but has been the network speed test that get run. Our only option for internet connection because of our location is a WiFi connection and we are at the limit of what the provider will install. After 2 years of operation we noticed a significant decrease in our internet performance. Rather than having a back and forward discussion with our provider about speeds and local network conditions etc we were able to provide data from domotz showing the speed and exactly when the speed dropped off. From this we were able to get an upgraded connection to match our internet plan

Cons

The support team are excellent but you do need to contact them if you are replacing/upgrading hardware... small inconvenience that has only happed twice due to hardware upgrades.