Documate Reviews

Documate

Document automation and document assembly software.

5/5 (13 reviews)

Great software for litigators to automate retainers, discovery, and template-based pleadings

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

I (and especially our paralegals) are very happy we found Documate. We've saved a ton of time, and it's worth the monthly fee times 1000. Because it creates a web-based app, we've also considered rolling this out as an intake or document generation process for our clients - the interface is clean and mobile-friendly for that purpose, too.

Pros

I have used other document automation software, but they've been clunky, hard to use, and ugly. Documate is exactly what our firm was looking for. It was very easy to automate our documents; it keeps our formatting exactly as is (which is important for pleadings and documents with logos and footers); and it lowers human error.

Cons

So worth it. I haven't had any cons in the first year of using it. I even had a feature request that they added for our firm. Great customer service.

Very powerful tool for complex document automation

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Before we started using Documate, we were manually drafting documents with MS Word, which wasted thousands of hours of employee time. If you need a robust document automation or document assembly tool, Documate may be what you've been looking for.

Pros

Our company uses Documate to generate a variety of contract sets. Because no coding knowledge is required, we were able to set it up very quickly. It allows for quite a bit of complexity in formatting your documents, adding conditional logic, and setting up complex calculations. The system passed our high privacy and data security requirements, and they set every user up on a dedicated instance, which is crucial when you're dealing with sensitive legal information.

Cons

We love Documate, and it's hard to think of any cons. Whenever we have had any "wish list" items, they've been quick to add features. The customer service is excellent.

Tika M.

Using Documate for my small business, and it seriously speeds up document production!

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Great tool to seriously speed up document assembly and form generation. It's also Mac friendly and works on all browsers and devices.

Pros

The program helps me generate agreements and price lists for my event planning business. It was to set up, because it requires no prior coding experience, and it's saved me so much time. Now, I send the link to my web-based "interview" to my clients, and they fill out all the information on their end (which they can do on their phones). There are many customization possibilities, but I set it up so they don't see the final agreement right away. Instead, I get an email with the completed document, which I can review and send back over to them when I'm ready. Really great tool for small businesses who don't want to be bogged down with document generation.

Cons

None really. They market mostly to legal, which I think they're expanding out of, but they have been incredibly supportive in helping me set up a process within my business.

Hoda J.

Secure software with unmatched functionality

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

We use Documate daily, and it's proven to be a reliable and necessary part of our business.

Pros

The automation is great - easy, clean, and the formatting looks great. But what's most important to us (in the medical field) is a secure platform with a dedicated database that segregates our data on the web. Their team was helpful in setting us up with an Enterprise account and explaining exactly how data privacy, security, and data deletion can be set up according to our specifications.

Cons

Doesn't have themes or color options. Though they allow you to insert those yourself with CSS.

Hillary W.

Well worth the price

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Love this software. Take the 7-day free trial and you'll see how easy it is to set up. You may need to have a round of layoffs because of how much time it saves.

Pros

Has saved us a fortune in administration time. We have all of our (very lengthy) contracts and contract packets set up in the interview builder. Anytime someone in the company wants to initiate a contract, they run the interview from the link. So much faster than spending half the day modifying a document.

Cons

Really hard to think of any. Maybe would be nice to be able to customize fonts and colors for the client-facing piece.

Powerful app that is constantly impressing us

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

The experience has been great and the support is fabulous!

Pros

This is a very powerful software that has allowed us to automate very length sales contracts that used to take us hours and now takes 15 minutes to generate. Every week or two there is a new feature that adds more value to our workflows and enables better integration and data analysis. They haven't increased the price either, even with all these new features. I would pay so much more for this functionality (but don't tell them ;-) ).

Cons

Salesforce integration will be nice when it's out. They've said this is in the roadmap.

A truly programming-free automation software that automates both Word and PDF documents

Reviewed on 2019/06/15

Documate has saved me time and made me money. I'm glad to be able to recommend it to others.

Pros

I switched over from hotdocs, and the experience has been great. A few main points:
- Easy to use and beautiful interface from creator and client-side
- They're mac compatible
- No coding knowledge required
- Infinite complex logic
- Can sent the interview workflows out to my clients, or I can use it internally to generate documents. Good email integration.
- Friendly support, even on weekends

Cons

More colors and design themes please. This is the only con.

FINALLY, doc automation software that works with macs

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Makes my work and my associates' work so much easier.

Pros

An easy to use, no-code solution that looks like Survey Monkey on the "interview" side and allows me to connect my documents with the questions with no code. I spent a fraction of the time on client documents as I did before. AND IT WORKS WITH MACS and APPLE. This is a first!

Cons

I've actually requested a few features and their team implemented them for me, so now I can't even think of anything else I'd like added. Really good live support at all hours of the day and even on weekends!

Automation software of my dreams.

Reviewed on 2019/06/16

Pros

Cannot say enough about how much this software has made my life easier.  Every feature I asked for during the demo, they had or they later added.  The design is intuitive for individual users at our company and has scaled well as we've grown.  I've looked at pretty much every software on the market that calls itself "document automation", and I'm finally swiping right.

Cons

No cons really...We did want a few features that Documate added into their next release right after we asked.

Powerful software with a beautiful output. Saved so much time customizing documents for specific cli

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Documate has been a crucial tool for my role. Perfect documents every time.

Pros

Our company has seen a great return with Documate. It has allowed me to merge client data into both MS office and Adobe documents, and share my workflows with others on my team to save us all time. It's customizable and well-documented. Client support is also available around the clock for any questions. Highly recommend.

Cons

None so far. Their support team has responded to everything I've needed or wanted added very quickly.

Kimberly U.

Simplifies legal work and enhances productivity. GREAT customer service.

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Fast and code-free document generation. The python backend makes it easy to integrate with any software or web services, too.

Pros

Made it easy for my company to automate all of the form agreements we use. What used to take me 2 hours now takes me about 10 minutes to generate. The drag and drop interface made it easy to set up, too. It's also Mac compatible.

Cons

No real cons. Works perfectly. A longer trial would have been nice, but if you start using it within your trial, you'll know how it works.

Roya N.

Great way to populate multiple documents at once!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Overall
Super easy way to get perfectly formatted, error-free documents and document packets. The interface makes it easy to build simple document assembly for one document in 5 minutes, but it's also a very powerful engine for much more complex tasks.

Pros

Pros
Documate is a great piece of software with unlimited functionality. The interface is easy to understand, and I love that I can add multiple documents to my output documents, so they all populate at once. I have one interview with over 30 documents with complex logic. They also provide custom services, which I've used a few times to set up SMS messaging and other special notifications. I previously tried HotDocs, which was so burdensome to learn. I was able to learn Documate with just a 5 minute demo from the customer service team, who is also awesome.

Cons

Cons
Haven't had any cons so far. Everything has worked perfectly. It might be nice to have more content and examples so I can see what else is possible that I'm not thinking of myself.

Easy to use software with all security features our large enterprise needed to implement broadly

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Huge time savings.

Pros

We switched over from using a Zapier, Typeform, Webmerge integration, which was hard to use, getting expensive, and was not as secure as we wanted it to be with client data. Documate sets each user up on their own instance of AWS, so data is blackboxed and secure. The customer support is incredible, and they helped us transition all our documents over from the prior solution.

Cons

None so far. I've never gotten software approved by all the stakeholders in the company as quickly as I did with Documate. They're very responsive.