Showing 238 reviews of 224

Dameware

Remote-access system support tool for IT professionals

Showing 238 reviews of 224
Kevin L.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Well, its far better than RDP, VNC, or Teamviewer. But it has room for improvement.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

It works well. I starting using the product in 2006 after we had an issue with a VNC install getting brute-forced. No more VNC for me. What led me to the product was honestly frustration with the licensing model that Team viewer uses, and also their recent hack. Team viewer makes you buy the product, every SINGLE version release. You can't buy maintenance and support in perpetuity.
Yes, on domain, its a great product. You can access management tools, run remote commands, and loads of of admin functions. Fortunately they also license per tech, so that cuts down on end user fees.

Cons

I want single sign on. Honestly, that would really improve the product. We have many remote sites with satellite only. I really wish I could throttle down the bandwidth demand and sacrifice screen quality.

Abdullah A.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Amazing simple Support Tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Pretty happy with the Tool due to it's simple interface

Pros

Simple to Use and pretty robust. Never had any issues with it

Cons

Due to being simple you get less features than other remote tools e-g Bomgar

Michael M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Despite not giving it all 5 stars I truly love Dameware RS. I have been using it since the 90's

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

lots of time savings everywhere. being able to do 90% of my workload without leaving my desk is amazing

Pros

The amount of time saved in my day by this tool is invaluable. I use the MRC mostly and daily, but the RS tools are equally valuable even if I do not use them as much. the insight I can gain from the RS tools is amazing. the ability to remove services on the fly is amazing. running remote command prompt also a time saver. I realize there are tools out there that can do all these but having them all together in one place is such a time saver. I could go on and on with what I love about these products

Cons

that certain things don't work like they did in the past if not at all. Connect on ping reply is spotty. sometimes it works, other times it does not. SFT File transfers used to work flawlessly now I can't get them to work. there are others and while they do disappoint me that they do not work, there are others that do work so much they make up for them. Also, I hate to say it, but tech support seems almost non-existent. they need to improve there immensely

Brian K.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Feature packed support platform!

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Dameware allows our support technicians to quickly connect with remote users PC's for troubleshooting and assistance. 99% of remote connections issues are easily resolved using the remove/install service option from within the Dameware console. Dameware along with its NT Utilities suite has allowed us to streamline our support process reducing trouble ticket SLA while increasing customer satisfaction.

Pros

Pulls network and PC info from Active Directory. Easy to setup and customize your support experience. Support for mulitiple domains as well as connection to non AD computers. Full service portal allows Technical Support Professionals to troubleshoot and assist remote PC's with few limitations. I support multiple sites with over 300 workstations per site, Dameware is always my initial go-to software for remote support over local network as well as VPN. Hands down one of the best remote support suites I have used.

Cons

Cons for this software are far and few between. I would like to see the ability to chat with user at remote PC from within Dameware.

Steven B.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Product is used in our large corporation and is a time saver with manual deployments & support.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Easily deployed to pcs which do not have the Dameware client. Great options to repair a broken Dameware clients, doesn't happen often :0) but great to have when needed. Good quality video, not much more network overhead than plain RDP but much more useful.

Pros

Cons

Password function does not integrate with Active Directory, this often causes me to lock my self out when my PW changes every 45 days, self inflicted i know, but...
Sometimes disconnects when changing users on a remote PC. Interface is a bit clunky....
However, these few things are far outweighed by Dameware's usefulness and solid performance. Definitely worth having!!!

Lisa H.

Like this software a lot

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

I have a checklist of things to do upon arriving at work, and being able to do them from my workstation is far more efficient than having to do them from the server. So, Dameware has made my access to the server highly efficient and I'm more productive using it.

Pros

I like that it was pretty easy to purchase, install, and update. I like the user interface, and it's easy knowing when a new version has been released (good email communication) and then to update the version (and to renew). I don't use it to access my coworkers' workstations, but just to access the server from my workstation, which is all I need. We're a small business, and if I have to see something on another workstation, it's better for me to go to it, as often there are environmental variables that should get my attention as well (say, the plant on the shelf over the workstation).

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great software for remote support

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Very helpful to support your staff, either on remote offices or on different offices in your same building, without actually having to be present there.

Pros

Dameware is easy to use, easy to install and can connect to multiple types of clients. We have been using it for several years to provide remote IT assistance to our staff, on both Windows and Mac computer (using VNC), and it is very helpful.

Cons

You sometimes have to fiddle with the settings, depending on the client machine, and there are times when the connection does not work right away (can't say if it is an issue with the software or with out network or the configuration of our PCs). Sometimes, the remote connection is switched to a "Mirror Driver" mode, where some commands like Ctrl+Alt+Del do not work, and you have to use the on-screen keyboard for this.

Joseph K.
  • Industry: Defense & Space
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

It's like I am at the workstation with the user; there's not much I can't do.

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

The best remote desktop support and server support software money can buy.

Pros

Universality, it really doesn't matter what group policies are enabled for remote desktop as long as there exists the ability to execute services as an administrator.

The RPC ping feature is amazing as well when doing reboots of clients or servers. I really can't say how much I like that feature. Just being able to reconnect after a reboot automatically is amazing.

Smart Card authentication is a much needed feature! Thanks for the addition.

Cons

Offline licensing is a pain. Copying keys, transporting cd's between air-gapped networks is a massive inconvience. If something could be done to shorten the key length to something speakable it would be a HUGE improvement.

Brian T.

Love Dameware!

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Pros

Super easy to log into any computer on my network. I'm constantly using it to fix minor email issues as well as setting up computers/servers without having to go physically to the computer(s). Love being able to lock the mouse/keyboard so the user doesn't try to keep typing while I'm fixing something. I also like the View Only button so I don't move their mouse around while they are finishing up something before I take over.

Cons

-Missing a "reconnect to the last computer".
-A search feature for computers without having to manually search for it (sometimes the computer gets named wrong).
-Be able to setup groups.

David T.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

This is a very organized virtual support tool to enable IT professionalsto quickly assist...

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Seemless and organized remote support capabilities from one source application.

Pros

I love the organization inbuilt into this program as well as the ability to access management tools directly from this computers entry in the directory. if i need logs from a machine i just pull them from dameware. if i need to drop to a console of a remote machine i dont have to rdp in first to then open a command prompt.

Cons

This software requires you to manually login to the remote machine if no one is logged in. Single Sign on capabilities are rather limited with this software solution.

Kevin Y.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

It's a solid helpdesk program at a fair price

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

As mentioned before it tracks and reports what we need tracked and reported.

Pros

It does what I need it to do, tracks tickets, solutions, assets, hardware, and software, and generates clean reports from that information.

Cons

Tech support is terrible, I've submitted 2 tickets recently regarding an upgrade and have heard nothing back. Every few months it will randomly stop pulling email, easily remedied, but I don't like my users to have to wait for a resonse.

William B.

Overall we have been very happy with this product. All our Helpdesk staff use this product...

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Pros

It is very user friendly from the tech's standpoint. It allows for quick support to all our internal customers. Dameware is one of our go to pieces of software for supporting our users.

Cons

There have been no major issues with this software. The only issue we ever had was the initial setup of the software into our DMZ for giving us access to external users that are not on our network. However, the documentation assisted with this.

George S.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Very easy to use and very fast. This is what you need for any remote use.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Easy way to access users computer. It is like you are on there computer.

Pros

This is the best remote software I use. My company use others, but this is are top choice as well this will be are final choice at end of year. Software is very fast, very easy to use and I like the fact is saves all you computer history

Cons

I have been using this product for over 5 yrs. Not one thing I dislike of it. You have to use it to see what I'm saying.

Justin R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Dameware has been a Great asset for our organization, is allows us to support users...

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Pros

The ease of use is the best part is will connect to even to any pc on our domain, and allows us to chat with and see all screens. Even when not at our own desks it allows ease of access to others.

Cons

Only cons I have found is sometimes it will disconnect and have a longer then ideal timeout. Other then this No major cons are found other then small functionality stuff such as button labels can be confusing.

Mark K.
  • Industry: Government Administration

For IT professionals, this is invaluable as a time saving program.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Time saving and ease of accessing remote computers

Pros

We can remote into our users and see the issues they are having and fix them right from the screen rather than running around to other buildings or offices. If user has two monitors allows us to see both or one at a time.

Cons

Can't think of any cons....but wish that the Wake up on LAN was more user friendly. But the issues with it are with our routing system.

Justin H.

Use the software often for accessing clients remotely.

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Pros

Easy to use and consistent software.
Very rarely is there issues with the software where it doesn't work. Reliable product.
Very convenient product. Makes it very easy to access remote systems on our network to perform necessary tasks.

Cons

Price is higher than we'd like.
It would be nice if it was easier to access systems on the internal AND external networks.

Sheldon S.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Better support for my users

Pros

It's very easy to use - It takes me just seconds to connect to a user's computer. The user's like the fact that I can connect remotely and fix issues as we have several buildings and travelling is not an option.

Cons

Not sure if I could use this for non-domain connected PC's. We have user's in remote sites and it would be helpful to be able to reach these users.

Tim D.

A real life saver!

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Very effecent way to support my Radiologist from my desk!

Pros

This software allows me to remote into my Radiologist workstations and trouble shoot without leaving my desk. I have full functionality just like I am sitting in front of the workstation!

Cons

Very few things about this software I dislike. I find that I have to update the client on some machines fequentlt, and I am not exactly sure why.

Edwin B.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

excellent and easy to use internally at our LAN

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

easy to use, customer list of machines, no need for credentials because it takes it from Windows

Pros

excellent tool and easy to use, there no necessity to enter my credentials because it takes it from Windows system

Cons

the updates are not directly nor thru the proper application, but instead thru the web portal, it should be more smooth and less cumbersome

Dameware Mini Remote

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

It was a little clunky in the beginning but has evolved. We don't seem to have many issues using now.

Pros

It allows us to remote in to user machines (Mac and PC) to troublshoot and aid in resolving user issues.

Cons

Versions need to match for the tool to connect other than that it has been a valuble tool for our technicians.

Justin R.

easier then RPD

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Pros

Dameware is easier then competitors and definitely easier then RDP. Allows for Secure remote access in a simpler method and configuration then almost all the other options.

Cons

The licensing can be rather troublesome but that all the negatives i have found.

Marlin H.
  • Industry: Food Production

Ghosting never been easier

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

I use the older versions but even then, it's such an excellent software to connect to the computers with and it acts as if you are right there. I like how you are able to have the user show you what is going on and you are able to lock input, which in my opinion, is the best since I sometimes need to do something and I don't need the user to be messing with what I am doing. It really helps when I need to enter an admin password and I don't need them trying to throw me off.

Pros

I like how you are able to remote in just as if you are right there and with minimal overhead

Cons

It's not bad at all and I think the only drawback is the fact that you have to be on the same network but that can be remedied with a VPN

Tom C.
  • Industry: Printing
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We have been using Dameware for 10+ years, overall the experience is good. Especially in...

Reviewed on 2017/08/26

We are export the setting from one computer to another

Pros

Very user-friendly and it is leading remote control software, We can save the setting and remotely manage the clients.

Cons

It is not easy to use it via internet. I mean to connect from Internet is difficult. It would be great we can use it across the network.

Caleb F.

instrumental in us in the IT Dept providing support.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Pros

I can assist quickly without leaving my desk. Excellent for providing IT Support during the busy day. Exceptionally easy to use.

Cons

NO ability to use on the MAC eco-system. We have many mac books and mac minis that we would love to be able to support the same way we do our windows machines.

Albert S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Very good product for what is intended to do

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

We are getting a significant value out of this program.

Pros

Connections to devices and management of the network is great. The ability to connect to devices quick and safely.

Cons

Sometimes it does not refresh quickly. I think I need to customize my connections to be able to connect better.