Showing 45 reviews of 32

Scrapinghub

We’re the central point of entry for all your web data needs

Showing 45 reviews of 32
Neil joseph Y.

Relatively Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Our company, whatoplay.com, aggregates data from multiple sources around the world. Since we started using Crawlera, we haven't really encountered big issues. Our common ones in the last 6 months is just reaching our limit, so we just had to increase our plan.

Pros

We're only using Crawlera for our data scraping needs and it has worked seamlessly since we started using it in 2016. When we had to upgrade to a higher limit, the transition was fast, and no dev time was wasted updating our existing codebase.

Cons

Pricing can be a bit tricky especially if your need is right in between the plans.

Jose iram D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

K-LIX

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

I have a good experience with scrappinhumb, in a matter of minutes I can develop and publish a new spider.

Pros

The software delivers the exactly promised result. It has a friendly interface and an efficient support.

Cons

You need a roadmap of new features and the pricing of third-party services.

Response from Scrapinghub

Thank you for the review. All new features will be announced in our Support Center.(https://support.scrapinghub.com/support/home) We also have an Ideas Forum (https://support.scrapinghub.com/support/discussions/forums/22000200101) where we would love your input on ideas or new features you would like to see. We appreciate all input from our Customers to continue to help us improve our products.

Carlos B.

Overall 10

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Started using it 2 years ago, learning curve totally rely on the framework because the cloud platform is pretty intuitive, self explanatory and easy to use.
Whenever I needed support I have been response fast and with a favorable solution.

Pros

A full integrated platform for a framework well done for it purpose. Easy to use, based on others frameworks structure, so if you are used to web development in python then it's a piece of cake to create spiders.
The integration (scrapy + scrapinghub) its really good, from a simple deployment through a library or a docker makes it suitable for any need.
Good support and constant improvement on the platform.
A lot of plugins and, open to any feature needed.

Cons

So far there is nothing I dislike about it.

Chris B.
  • Industry: Information Services

Scrapinghub allows me to do things other proxy servers don't do.

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Scrapinghub gives my business higher quality raw data so my clients get better results.

Pros

This software allows me to access 97% of the web resources I need. Other proxy servers I have used gave me 75% maximum.

Cons

That its a time based subscription. I would prefer being able to buy a certain number of requests and renew when those run out.

Response from Scrapinghub

Thanks you for your review and input on our pricing model - we appreciate all customer feedback and have fed this into our product team for review.

Mikko G.

I love Crawlera

Reviewed on 2019/01/06

I am very happy with Scrapinghub. Whenever I need to run a small scraper that I can't run on my laptop (since I don't leave it turned on 24/7), I just run it on Scrapy Cloud. Meanwhile, Crawlera is just the best!

Pros

I have been using Scrapy and Scrapinghub's services since 2013 and I'm so far very satisfied with their services. Crawlera, their proxy service, works very well! I don't have to setup a proxy farm anymore or configure my scrapers to point to thousands of proxy services as they do all the grunt work for you (it's all automated).

Cons

Minor hiccups from time to time on the dashboard. It only affects me when I want to see historical stats but this problem doesn't affect functionality.

Kenneth G.

Great for Beginners

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

I am solving meta search price problems within the cannabis industry.

Pros

It was very easy to start creating crawlers and launching them on scrapinghub. Plug and play. Ready to start launching a fleet of crawlers to move my project to the next level.

Cons

The price was a bit hefty for running multiple crawlers.

Nitin S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Web Crawling Funcionality

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Great customer support and account managers.

Pros

Ease of use to download and manage various crawlers

Cons

Too much data that requires a lot of cleanup activities. It would be great if the data can be cleaned and presented in ready to use form

Aminah N.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

When it just works

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

It makes me work really fast but still secure for my clients. I look really professional even though what I did was only suggesting and installing Crawlera. It's awesome!

Pros

It really saves my time as a web scraping specialists. I always need rotated proxies for my client needs. I keep creating a new project and it is a lot of hassle of I have to buy proxies, renew proxies, and create proxy rotation on my own. I am glad I don't even need to think about it. It just works!

Cons

Well, it's just doesn't have enough advanced documentation on Scrapy Splash combined with Crawlera. Their development team in Github is very responsive though.

🤖 curtis B.

Amazing product - can't get any better for speedy data mining

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Overall experience with them has been stellar, I will likely be a customer for life.

Pros

I like scalability. Sometimes we need to submit millions of requests immediately and with Scrapinghub we can really put the pedal to the metal. We rarely have downtime, and it's really allowed us to grow our company and thrive. Easy to integrate into scrapy and other python tools.

Cons

Their billing support can be moody, but the product is fantastic!!

Simple, reliable and powerful service

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Never had a problem, and customer services always replied to our requests promptly, and with attention to detail.

Pros

We are very happy with Crawlera. It works like a charm with our Scrapy projects, just adding a few lines of code we completely forgot about proxies that ended up failing anyway.

Cons

Some requests end up being very slow, but good news is most of them end up going through.

Mikhail K.

Why do you need that title?

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

I use and recommend that platform for years for my customers which need production-ready enterprise-grade data scraping systems.

Pros

- Original and flexible technology
- No vendor-lock
- Easy to use for professionals
- Pretty convenient API system for integration with third-party solutions

Cons

- Not so easy to use by non-professional IT person that still wants to use data scraping
- Lack of ability to create some kind of simple and clear user interface for such a persons
- No simple solution for distributed/high-volume crawling
- Lack of monitoring and alerting, non convenient logging system
- Overpriced Crawlera

Response from Scrapinghub

Thank you for your review we appreciate all customer feedback. We do have a managed service offering for non IT professional who want access to the Data without having any scraping skills.

Gil gbzy I.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best for scraping

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

The best out there for any kind of scraping need. They new AI based scraping api is a game changer

Pros

Cons

Nothing bad about it. Beats the competition out of the water

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Scrapinghub

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

I use the Python scrapy module to write crawlers to monitor competitors prices. The integration with Github makes it real easy to deploy code to the hub. The dashboards are very useful to monitor progress and schedule jobs. Really happy with this offering.

Cons

In the beginning it was somewhat cumbersome to automate data extraction. Once I started using Python scrapinghub module life became easy. So also a pro!

Diego E.
  • Industry: Program Development
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Shub Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

From what I've used (basic spiders) it has been great, the page is really easy to use and the cli makes deploying easy.

Pros

Open source, well documented and very efficient.

Cons

Splash needs to be migrated to another tool IMO. I don't find LUA easy to work with as a developer; not because of the language but debugging and maintaining code is really hard. If you use scrapy-splash there is a black box that cannot interact with. I think going mainstream with javascript or python whilst unifying browser scrapping and scrapy itself would be an amazing decision.
So, overall I would love to see a merge between scrapy and a browser scraper.

Tim R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Just Eat Client

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Good, they are responsive and professional. Would recommend.

Pros

As a business once you hit a certain size it makes sense outsourcing webscraping. Scrapinghub has the required specialism to do a good job.

Cons

Still needs involved work from the client side to ensure data quality and consistency.

Response from Scrapinghub

Thank you for your review we appreciate all customer feedback. We agree and data quality is very important to us as well. We are constantly looking to improving our QA framework and working with our customers to ensure consistent data quality.

Timothy O.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

The effectiveness - it simply works better and is more consistent than other proxies.

Cons

The monthly limit on requests and how there is no intermediary plan between C10 and C50.

Teruhito T.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Scrapinghub Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

· Scraping situation is easy to see visually
· Can be finely implemented such as time to activate scraping
· Ease of deployment

Cons

· I try to deploy from github, but I can select only my own repository (Can not deploy from organization's repository?

• Industry: Research

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Have used in a couple of scraping projects to rotate proxies.

Pros

Scraping hub is quite easy to use and plugs in really nicely with whatever scraping project you have going.

Cons

Scraping hub was giving me a significant amount of errors and Scraping hub doesn't really have great support to help me figure out what was going on.

scrapy review

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

Scrapinghub has enabled us to streamline the scraping process for our company and sets the foundation for future scaling. I like the fact that scrapyhub handles the "Ops" part of scraping like provisioning cloud resources, staging data, and rotating IP addresses.

Pros

Scrapy is amazing, python api is easy to use, job dashboard is easy to understand, good documentation and code.

Cons

Dynamic pages sometimes hard to scrape, nothing wrong with lua (for splash) as a language, but can be minor barrier to entry for python/javascript users.